▸ t w e n t y - f o u r

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As soon as we arrived outside Kyungri's door, I faced Luhan. We were both silent as he drove me home. I know he's mad at me and I feel so bad about myself. A while ago, I wanted to speak out but I chickened out. I couldn't even look at him in the eye. But I know he needed some explanation of what happened...of what he saw back there. It's either he was just waiting for me to speak or he's awfully mad at me that was why he was being silent.

 

But I chose to speak.

 

I silently cleared my throat. "Luhan..." I started. He put his hands inside his pocket as he looked at me. "I'm really sorry. I-It's not like what you think. Minseok was just comforting me. I swear, it doesn't mean anything. I'm really sorry, Luhan." I said but I didn't receieve a reply from him.

 

Instead, I heard a sigh. I held my head low, waiting for him so say anything.

 

"I tried to call you but you didn't answer." He said that made me snapped my head up. I couldn't detect any anger from his voice, and it made me feel bad even more. "So I went to your office and your friends told me that you get off work early."

 

I teared up. I know where this was going. "I'm really sorry, Luhan. I really do. I didn't mean of this to happen. Whatever you saw, it was just nothing." I told him, my eyes pleading for him to believe me.

 

Then Luhan placed both of his hands on either side of my shoulder. I gasped silently as he pulled me in his arms.

 

"Please don't get mad at me." I sobbed in his chest.

 

"Shh, I'm not mad." He told me, the same moment I felt his arms tightened around me. "Your 'sorry' is enough for me. I know what you're going through at this moment...your friends told me. As you said, Minseok was just comforting you. And I admit, I was jealous. But my jealousy won't bring me anywhere." He sighed. "I promise to myself I won't let any guy comfort you. It should me and no one else."

 

"Luhan..." I looked up and met his eyes. I can feel the sincerity of his words. I don't feel any anger...but instead, regret. Probably, he regretted that he didn't arrive first before Minseok at the park. I saw a disappointment in his eyes.

 

"I promise I'll always be here for you, Haekyung-ah." There was a small smile on his lips as he spoke.

 

"I'm so sorry..." I said once more without pulling myself apart from him. Instead, I buried my face in his face. I felt him kissing my hair. "I love you, Luhan."

 

"I love you more..." He said.

 

 

 

 

The next day, Erin's uncle who happened to be the owner and our boss finally talked to me and offered me a deal—that I will not go to work for a week or more until this case will be reso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter