▸ n i n e

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mr Choi withdrew from our client list. I was grateful. But he told the girls that I was 'seducing' him all night that it freaked him out to do death. Mm, I can live with that. As long as he's finally out from our client list, I'm good as always.

 

It was Monday. And I'm anxious for Saem to get back from her therapy session with Minseok's mother-in-law. I don't have to wait for more though because I saw her getting out from our company car from the glass window. The door bell rang the moment she opened the door, making me fully aware of her presence.

 

"Good morning," she greeted.

 

"Good morning," I smiled. "How's the therapy session?" I asked but I knew she was aware that that wasn't really the question I wanted to ask, I can tell it just by the kind of look she was giving me.

 

"I know that isn't really the question you wanted to ask me." Saem was looking at me amusingly. I rolled my eyes to defend myself. "Well, here it goes. He doesn't live with his mother-in-law. I'm guessing he departed from the Hwang's huge mansion right after the death of his wife. That's just my hunch."

 

"How do you know all these? I mean the one that you said that Minseok's not living with his mother-in-law?" I asked, totally curious now which I shouldn't be by the way. But I just can't help myself.

 

"There's this one woman about our age who mentioned Minseok not knowing that I was listening to them. She said something like, and I quote, 'when is Minseok going to visit us? Just because Hyemi's dead now, it doesn't mean that he shouldn't visit us' or something like that."

 

"Another woman?"

 

"Yup. Aside from the mother-in-law." Saem said as she went behind me and slumped on the little couch. "I thinks she's the sister of Minseok's late wife. His sister-in-law." She continued and I only then remembered that one petite and young woman I saw inside the patient's room.

 

"Oh, I think I know that woman. I mean, not that I know her. I just saw her when the first time I went to the hospital to visit Minseok's wife." I told her. Saem released a grump sound that made me arched my eyebrows at her. "And what is that little sound supposed to mean?"

 

She beamed. "Nothing. It's just that there's something a little bit off with that woman. She has this aura like, I don't know. I just don't like her." She scoffed and I found myself kind of agreeing with her. Not to mention that suspicious conversation she had with a man at the hospital. Whatever it was, I couldn't seem to put my fingers on it. I don't want to judge either since I don't know anything about her. Except for the fact that she's Hyemi's sister.

 

"So are you going back next Monday?" I asked her instead.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter