Our fake act

Our story

* a whole month.. sorry about that, wish I could say I was busy, but in truth, it was more lazy than anything. Here's a 4 chapter special to make up for it, sorry,*

 

 

"Bwahaha!" IU laughed out after she saw the dance. "That's great, that's definitely the best!" IU beamed, while still laughing.
 
"See, IU likes it," Yoseob said smugly towards Min.
 
Min eyed him skeptically. "And you want us to dance like this for the 'ball'?"
 
"Uhm.., yeah," Yoseob said playfully.
 
"No," Min said simply.
 
"Yes,"
 
"Nope,"
 
"Ye-ah,"
 
"Nuh-uh,"
 
"Yeah-uh," Yoseob insisted. "Kiki, help me out here,"
 
"No way man, I'm not dancing to something so silly," Kikwang shook his head.
 
"What?! It's not silly," Yoseob defended himself. He the turned towards IU. "IU-ssi, help me out, please," pleaded Yoseob.
 
IU stifled a small chuckle, before composing herself. She then turned towards Kikwang, and stared at him seriously. "Kikwang, I think you should do it too," IU said, making her eyes as large and persuasive as they can be. "I really, really, think it's great. Really,"
 
"What? No w-," Kikwang hesitated when he saw her large round eyes. "Um.., w-well.., I-No, I-, Uh..,"
 
"Don't fall for it, Kiki," Min warned him. "She's just trying to trick you into making a fool of yourself,"
 
IU bored her eyes straight through his. "No, I really, sincerely think, with all my heart, that that was a good dance," insisted IU. "And I really, really think that you'd look really, really good, dancing it," IU persuaded.
 
Kikwang hesitated for a moment or two. "I-I guess I could give it a try," Kikwang relented.
 
"Yes!" Yoseob said happily.
 
"Haih..," Min sighed slowly.
 
"Hehe," IU giggled mischievously. "Thank you, Kikwang," IU batted her eyes cutely.
 
Kikwang blushed slightly, before standing up. "Fine, let's get this over with," Kikwang shrugged.
 
***
 
"There, is that okay?" Kikwang asked after finishing the dance.
 
Everyone stayed silent for a few moments. "Bwahahaha!" IU laughed out, clutching her stomach.
 
"Dude, that was hilarious!" Yoseob laughed while rolling on the floor.
 
Kikwang flushed. "H-hey, I thought you said it was good!" Kikwang looked at IU accusingly.
 
IU looked up at him, still trying to control her laughter. "I'm sorry, Kikwang-ssi," she said, before laughing again.
 
"Dude, I take it back, I'm not gonna dance like that in the ball. That was totally dumb, totally!" Yoseob waved his hands, while trying to stop laughing.
 
Min shook her head. "I can't believe you fell for that," smiling slightly.
 
"Yeah, well..," Kikwang said, annoyed.
 
"Come on, you've gotta admit, that was funny," Yoseob asked Min.
 
Min tried to supress her laughter, but ended up laughing out along with them. "Oh man, that was funny, really funny," she said in between laughs.
 
Kikwang frowned at his friends. "Yeah, yeah, haha, really funny," Kikwang said skeptically.
 
"You bet it is," Yoseob managed to say, before continuing to laugh.
 
Kikwang snorted angrily. "Ceh, shut up," Kikwang said, annoyed.
 
"Oh, is our little Kiki getting angry?" Yoseob . "Can't our little Kiki take a joke?"
 
IU was slowly regaining herself. "I'm sorry, Kikwang, it was just a joke," she said, still giggling slightly.
 
Kikwang frowned slightly. "Yeah, yeah, I know," he said.
 
"You know what the best part is?" Yoseob asked jokingly.
 
"No, what?" Kikwang asked sharply.
 
"I recorded it," Yoseob smiled slyly, before laughing.
 
"..W-what?"
 
"Yep, it's all, right here, in my camcorder," Min added, also smiling slyly. "Funny, huh?"
 
"Haha, yeah, funny guys," Kikwang said impatiently. "Now give that to me,"
 
"No, I think I'm gonna keep this," Min said smugly. "I'm sure everyone at class would be interested in seeing this,"
 
"Haha, really funny," Kikwang said, slightly worried. "You've had your fun, now come on, give it here," Kikwang said, walking over towards Min.
 
Yoseob quickly sprang up in front of Kikwang, and blocked him. "Nuh-uh, no way we're giving you that," Yoseob shook his head, smiling smugly.
 
"Yeah, where's the fun in that?" Min added.
 
"Not funny, anymore," Kikwang said, slightly panicking.
 
"Now that you mention it, why should we stop at our class," Yoseob teased. "We should show it to the whole school, that would've been better,"
 
"Oh? I guess you're right,"
 
"What?" Kikwang said in disbelief, before pushing towards Min. "Give that here!" he said desperately.
 
"Hehe," Yoseob laughed sinisterly.
 
"Especially since I recorded both of you dancing," Min said slyly.
 
"Hehe- Huh?! Wait, what?"
 
Min quickly jumped over the couch, and sticked her toungue out to both of the twins, before running away.
 
"H-hey, wait! Min!" Yoseob yelled. He quickly let go of Kikwang before chasing her. "Come back here! Hey! This wasn't part of the plan!"
 
***
 
*school bell ringing*
 
"Sungje-ssi, aren't you going back home?"
 
Sungje shrugged slightly. "Later,"
 
"H-hey, Sungje-ssi, do you.. do you have a date for the ball?"
 
Sungje opened his eyes slightly. "Yeah, I do," he said lazily.
 
"O-Oh? R-really?" The girl said, clearly not expecting the answer.
 
"Yeah, really," he said before closing his eyes.
 
"Hey, Sungje!" yelled a voice from afar.
 
"What is it now?"
 
"There's a girl here who says she wants to meet you," said a boy.
 
"Tell her I'm sleeping,"
 
The boy went closer to him. "Dude, she's a senior," the boy said excitedly.
 
"A senior?" Sungje puzzled slightly. He then remembered Hyosung. "Ceh," he shrugged before picking up his bag.
 
"Is he dating a senior?" questioned one of his classmates.
 
"Man, what do girls see in him anyway?" whined another of the boys.
 
"Sungmo-ssi, you're his friend right?" asked the girl from before.
 
"I'm probably the closest thing that he has to a friend," joked the boy from earlier. "Why?"
 
"N-nothing.. is he really dating a senior?" 
 
"I have no idea," replied Sungmo.
 
***
 
"Hiy-," Sungje just casually walked pass her without giving her a glance. Hyosung quickly caught up with him. "H-hey! Don't ignore me!" fumed Hyosung.
 
"What are you doing here?" Sungje said without stopping his walk.
 
"I just thought that we should get to know each other a little better, since we're going together and all," Hyosung explained.
 
"No thanks," declined Sungje.
 
Hyosung pouted in annoyance at his answer. "Yeah well, I'm not giving up that easil-, Slow down, I don't have your long legs!" complained Hyosung.
 
Sungje stopped and looked at her through the corner of his eyes. He snickered, before continuing his walk.
 
Hyosung rushed forward to keep up with him. "So, where do you plan on going after this?"
 
"Home,"
 
"Do you have anything planned for later?"
 
"Nothing,"
 
"So you don't have anything planned, huh? Then why don't we hang ou-,"
 
"I do,"
 
"You just said you didn't have anything planned for later,"
 
"I plan on going back home, and doing nothing,"
 
Hyosung was stunned by the answer. 'How rude can this brat get?' She thought to herself, before cathing up with him again. "Ya, don't be so rude," complained Hyosung.
 
"I'm not,"
 
Hyosung snorted at his answer. "Yeah, right,"
 
They eventually reached the bike stand, where Sungje parked his bike. Sungje quickly went over to his bike and undid the locks.
 
"So you come to school using a bike, huh?" Hyosung asked.
 
Sungje looked skeptically at her. "Nope, I flied to school on my rocket. I'm stealing this bike right now for fun," he said sarcastically. 
 
Hyosung frowned at his answer. "I was just making conversation,"
 
Sungje took a quick glance at her. "I'm probably gonna regret asking this, but, haih..," sighed Sungje. "How are you going back home?"
 
Hyosung smiled shyly. "W-well, I thought that, since you're gonna be going with me to the ball and all, I should probably show you the way to my home,"
 
Sungje looked skeptically at her.
 
"It's to make it easier for you to pic-,"
 
"So you want me to send you home, because you don't have a ride home, correct?" Sungje cut her off before she finished.
 
Hyosung smiled sheepishly. "Hehe, well, if you put it that way..,"
 
Sungje flashed a cool smile at her, before cycling away.
 
"H-hey!Don't leave me!" Hyosung yelled from afar. She stomped her legs in annoyance. "Ya! You think I wanna ride home with you?!" she yelled by herself. "Annoying brat, Erggh!!"
 
***
 
"Kids, thats enough playing around,"
 
Yoseob lazily picked himself up from the floor. "Mom, we're not playing around," corrected Yoseob.
 
"Yeah, we're discussing about the ball," Kikwang explained.
 
Mrs. Lee busily laid out the cups on the table. "Well, I don't really see what running around in the house has anything to do with the ball,"
 
"Yeah, well..," Yoseob thought for a moment.
 
"Ah, see, that's the clever part," Kikwang chipped in. "You might think that we're running around doing nothing, but we're actually busy practicing for the ball. Clever isn't it?"
 
Mrs. Lee shook her head, while smiling at her sons. "That's enough, now, bring your friends over here," Mrs. Lee said while pouring tea into their cups.
 
The four of them walked over towards the dining table and took their seats.
 
"IU-ssi, we only have tea, is that okay with you?" asked Mrs. Lee.
 
"Ah, y-yes," IU replied shyly.
 
"Oh, aren't you a cute one," smiled Mrs. Lee.
 
IU blushed slightly. "Mom, stop it, you're making her uncomfortable," Kikwang chipped in.
 
"Nonsense, IU doesn't seem to mind,"
 
"I'm not talking about IU-ssi," Kikwang said casually.
 
Min kicked him in the shins. "What's that supposed to mean?" she frowned, while Yoseob was busy giggling in his seat. "I'm cute, too,"
 
"Well sure, if you compare yourself to a monkey," Yoseob added.
 
Min elbowed him hard in the ribs. "Try that again, and I won't be so nice,"
 
Mrs. Lee shook her head. "Don't you boys think you're being a bit mean to Min?"
 
"Nope," the boys said in unison.
 
Mrs. Lee sighed slowly. "IU-ssi, I'm sorry if these two annoy you, they have that effect on people,"
 
"Mom, you're supposed to back us up," whined Yoseob.
 
IU chuckled slightly. "No, they're actually pretty nice to me," IU smiled warmly.
 
"Oh? These two? Impossible,"
 
"Mom," Kikwang said skeptically.
 
"Relax, I was just messing with you. There may be hope for you two yet," Mrs. Lee said simply.
 
Min and IU giggled slightly, while the twins shrugged.
 
"So, Who's going with who?" asked Mrs. Lee, while taking a sip from her drink.
 
"I'm going with Yoseob," said Min.
 
Mrs. Lee nodded thoughtfully. "I see," she paused for a moment. "Thanks, Min-ssi, and sorry that you got stuck with him,"
 
"Mom!"
 
Min laughed out after hearing Mrs. Lee.
 
"So that means you'll be going with Kiki, right?"
 
IU choked slightly after hearing the question. "I-I guess so," she mouthed softly.
 
"Ooh, lucky you!" Mrs. Lee tapped Kikwang's shoulder.
 
Kikwang shrugged in his seat. "Mom..,"
 
"What?" Mrs. Lee asked innocently.
 
"..., Never mind,"
 
Mrs. Lee turned her attention back towards IU. "I went to the music festival, last time, you know," continued Mrs. Lee.
 
"O-Oh?" IU said, surprised.
 
"Hmm.. You were one of the MC at that time, weren't you?"
 
"Ah, yes," IU nodded softly.
 
"I knew it!" Mrs. Lee said excitedly. "No wonder I felt like I've seen you somewhere before,"
 
"Y-yes,"
 
"Mom, I didn't know we were having a '100 Q&A' with IU-ssi," Kikwang said sarcastically.
 
"I'm just getting to know one of your friends," Mrs. Lee said. "I heard you've just transferred into their school,"
 
"Yes,"
 
Mrs. Lee nodded thoughtfully, before taking another sip from her tea. "How are you adjusting to life at the school?"
 
"Ah, I'm slowly getting used to it. Kikwang and Yoseob, is always helping me out, so..,"
 
"I see," Mrs. Lee nodded again. "Have you found a boyfriend yet?"
 
IU choked while taking a sip from her drink. "H-huh?"
 
"That's it! Interview session is over!" Kikwang quickly waved his hands between Mrs. Lee and IU. "No more questions!"
 
Mrs. Lee laughed out. "Ah, you kids don't know how to have fun,"
 
***
 
Hyosung frowned deeply. 'Aish, damn brat, now I have to walk all the way back, Urgh!' She kept muttering to herself all the way to the school gate. 'Think I wanna ride back with him so badly? Hah! As if!'
 
"Took you long enough,"
 
Hyosung was startled by the voice. She turned back and saw Sungje waiting in front of the gate. "W-what are you doing here?"
 
Sungje raised his eyebrows slightly. "Well, if you don't like it, bye then," he said as he started to cycle away.
 
"W-wait!" Hyosung said quickly.
 
Sungje stopped his bike. "Get on, before I change my mind," he said reluctantly.
 
Hyosung quickly got on the bike and held onto him. "Thanks,"
 
"Whatever,"
 
Hyosung smiled even after hearing his answer. "You're not so bad after all,"
 
Sungje shrugged slightly. "I don't know how to get to your house, so you have to point out the way,"
 
"Okay," Hyosung thought for a few moments before asking him again. "So.. do you usually go to school with a bike?"
 
"Yes,"
 
"Do you go to school alone?"
 
"Yes,"
 
"Don't you have any friends to go with?"
 
"No,"
 
"Doesn't that get kind of boring?"
 
"No,"
 
Hyosung felt slightly irritated by his answers. "Do you go straight back home after school?"
 
"Yes,"
 
"Can you say anything other than yes and no?" she asked impatiently.
 
"Sure,"
 
"What do you like to eat?"
 
"Food,"
 
"Care to be more specific?"
 
"No,"
 
Hyosung slowly felt more and more annoyed by his attitude. "Where do you live?"
 
"Home,"
 
'Argh!!' she thought to herself. "Are you going to answer all my questions with one sentence?" she asked impatiently.
 
"Yes,"
 
Hyosung could feel her anger welling up inside her. 'One way or another, I'll make you answer, longer,'
 
"So, do you like music?" she continued asking.
 
"No,"
 
"What? Fine, do you like movies?"
 
"No,"
 
"Then what do you like?"
 
"Nothing,"
 
"Ya! Stop being so rude," Hyosung yelled impatiently.
 
"Okay,"
 
Hyosung scowled slightly. "Where's your home?"
 
"There," he pointed to his left.
 
"Erggh!!" Hyosung rolled her eyes back in disbelief. "That's it, I give up,"
 
Sungje smirked slightly when she stopped asking questions. They continued in silence, with Hyosung showing the way.
 
After a while Sungje finally talked. "How did you come to school?"
 
"I thought you didn't like to talk?" Hyosung shot back.
 
"Suit yourself,"
 
Hyosung remained quiet for a few minutes. "I went with one of my friends,"
 
Sungje nodded thoughtfully. "Is it your boyfriend?"
 
"He's a friend," Hyosung insisted.
 
"Sure, whatever you say," Sungje smiled to himself.
 
Hyosung softened up, after a while. "Sungje-ssi, do you have a lot of friends?"
 
"Nope,"
 
"Why not?"
 
"I find it troublesome,"
 
"Troublesome?"
 
"Yeah,"
 
"No it's not," protested Hyosung. "Friends are great fun,"
 
"Are they now?" he asked, sounding uninterested.
 
"Of course they are. There's a lot of things you could do with your friend,"
 
"Like what?"
 
"I mean, you can play around with them, you can share your problem with them, you can talk to them when you're bored. Friends are always there for you when you're in trouble, and they always share their happiness with you. See, there's like a billion things that's better when you have your friends around,"
 
"Uh-huh, and there's probably a billion and one problem that comes with them," Sungje said simply.
 
"What?! No ther-,"
 
"Tell me this, you cried earlier, wasn't it because of one of your 'friends'?" questioned Sungje.
 
"W-well, y-yeah, but-,"
 
"Now then, if you didn't have him for a friend in the first place, would you still have cried because of him?"
 
"I might still ha-,"
 
"Yes, or no?"
 
Hyosung bit back her protests. "No.. But there's stil-,"
 
"Tut-tut, I've heard enough," Sungje cuts her off.
 
Hyosung puffed up her cheeks in annoyannce. "That's it, I've made up my mind,"
 
"Heh, to do what?"
 
"I'm going to prove to you that having friends is better then not having them,"
 
"Yeah? How exactly are you planning to do that?" Sungje said mockingly.
 
Hyosung smiled smugly behind him. "I'm going to be your friend,"
 
"Huh..?"
 
"That's right, I'm gonna be your friend,"
 
Sungje stopped his bike abruptly. He gave her a quick glance before snorting mockingly. "I don't want to,"
 
"Well, I'm still gonna be your friend, whether you like it or not,"
 
Sungje shook his head slightly. "Suit yourself,"
 
***
 
"This one's when Yoseob was a year old,"
 
"He's eating ricecakes," commented IU.
 
"And this one's a picture of them when they were 6,"
 
IU giggled slightly. "They're cute, but why are they crying?"
 
"I think this one was after his grandma gave him a scolding, a few days after their birthday," remembered Mrs. Lee.
 
"Mom, you're embarassing me," Kikwang blushed slightly. "She probably doesn't want to hear about these old stories anyway,"
 
"Actually, I'd like to hear more about it, if you don't mind," IU said politely.
 
"Of course I don't mind, dear," Mrs. Lee said excitedly. "Now, where was I? Oh right, so his grandma bought both of them an RC car, for their birthday,"
 
IU nodded thoughtfully.
 
"Kiki here, well, he was a bit curious as a child, and he has quite the imagination if I do say so myself," Mrs. Lee explained. "After playing with it for a while, he gets this crazy idea that his remote, could probably control other cars,"
 
"Other RC cars?" asked IU.
 
"No, other 'real' cars," Mrs. Lee giggled to herself. "So in the evening you'd see him standing around in front of the house, trying to control the cars in the street with his remote,"
 
"Did it work?" IU asked excitedly.
 
"No, of course not," Mrs. Lee chuckled. "So when it didn't work, most kids would've figured out that they can't control cars with a remote, not Kiki though," Mrs. Lee continued.
 
"Oh my god this is so embarassing," Kikwang buried his face in his hands.
 
"I've heard this story like a hundred times, and it's still funny," Min chipped in.
 
"Kiki, figured that there must be something wrong with the remote," continued Mrs. Lee. "So what he did was, he opened it,"
 
"The remote?" IU asked.
 
"Yes, the remote. I don't know how, but he did it. He would scrunched up his face and played around with the wires, and act like he knew what he was doing, looking all serious and confident," Mrs. Lee mimicked her son's face at the time.
 
"Did he fix it?"
 
"No, he ended up short circuiting the remote, and it caught fire," Mrs. Lee smiled softly. "Thankfully, we were all there, and Kiki didn't really got hurt. But he did have this scared look on his face,"
 
IU giggled slightly. "That must've been pretty funny,"
 
"Ah, but it isn't over yet," Mrs. Lee smiled in a bemused way. "I said each of them got an RC car for their birthday, remember?"
 
"Yes," IU nodded.
 
"Well, after that incident, we figured he'd probably be too scared to try anything like that again. The very next morning, I was planning to wake them up," explained Mrs. Lee. "Surprise, surprise, he was already up, twidling with Yoseob's remote in his bed,"
 
IU opened her eyes wide in amazement. "Kiki? Really?"
 
"Mmm.., and the best part was that he ended up breaking up Yoseob's remote too," Mrs. Lee added.
 
IU couldn't help but letting out a small laugh after hearing the story.
 
"So Yoseob ended up crying because Kiki broke his new toy, and Kiki ended up crying because he got a scolding," Mrs. Lee said.
 
"That was really cute of them," IU said.
 
"After the scolding, Kiki dissapeared," Mrs. Lee continued her story. "We thought he was sulking and was hiding somewhere, turns out he was still unconvinced, and crawled under the car to fiddle around with it,"
 
IU eyes opened even wider in amazement. She turned to look to Kikwang. Min was already clutching her stomach laughing.
 
"What can I say, I was curious," Kikwang smiled awkwardly.
 
IU laughed out after seeing him.
 
***
 
"Flat tyre?"
 
"Yeah," Sungje said as he got up from inspecting his tyre.
 
"So.. what now?" Hyosung asked.
 
"What now?"
 
"Yeah, I mean what do we do now?"
 
"We walk," Sungje stated.
 
Hyosung blinked a few times before letting it register. "Walk?"
 
"Yes, princess, we walk,"
 
"We're barely halfway there, it would take us hours," she said, dismayed.
 
"You can always run if you want,"
 
"W-wha-why you!" Hyosung scowled, before stomping off beside him.
 
***
 
"Are you two staying over for dinner?"
 
"Ah, yes Mrs.Lee," Min said. "I'm sorry for the trouble. IU-ssi's staying over at my house, and Mom and Dad are away on a business trip,"
 
"It's no trouble at all," Mrs. Lee waved her off. "It's been quite some time since I've seen your Mom and Dad, tell them to come over when they're free,"
 
"Yes~," Min said jovially.
 
Yoseob was busy running through the channels on the TV, trying to find something interesting to watch.
 
"Isn't there anything good on the TV?" Min said as he throw herself onto the couch.
 
"I'm looking for it,"
 
Mrs. Lee suddenly came out from the kitchen. "Yoseob, could you please go and buy some chicken for me?"
 
Yoseob groaned. "Ah, I already went last time," whined Yoseob. "Tell Kiki to go,"
 
"Well, he's not here is he?" countered Mrs. Lee.
 
At that moment, Kikwang was slowly coming down from taking his bath. "What? What did I do?" he said while drying his hair with his towel.
 
Yoseob quickly jumped up. "Mom wants you to go buy some chicken for dinner," Yoseob said hurriedly. He then went and quickly grabbed the money from Mrs. Lee, and handed it over to Kikwang. "There you go, now go, Mom can't start cooking without the chickens," Yoseob said as he pushed Kikwang out of the house.
 
"Aren't you coming with me?" Kikwang asked his brother.
 
"Huh?" Yoseob mouthed. "Oh my god, I think my stomach's killing me," he clutched his stomach hurriedly.
 
"I'll go with you," IU offered herself. "I haven't done anything, so I should at least help with this right?"
 
"Uh, sure," Kikwang said. "Hey, Yoseob lend her your bike,"
 
IU shook her head. "No, that's okay, I'll just ride with you," IU gestured towards Kikwang. "That is, if you're okay with it,"
 
"Uhm.., okay then," Kikwang gestured for her to get on his bike.
 
After a few minutes on the bike, IU was busily observing her surroundings. "Your mom's really nice, I like her," IU said.
 
"Yeah, well, she's probably a bit too nice," Kikwang shrugged.
 
"Just like someone I know," IU smiled softly.
 
"What was that?"
 
"Nothing," IU said hurriedly.
 
Kikwang continued cycling for a moment or two. "Hey, sorry about my mom earlier,"
 
"What for?"
 
"You know, telling you all those embarassing stories," Kikwang started scratching his head. "I'm sorry you had to hear them,"
 
IU gave out a soft giggle. "It's okay, I like them,"
 
"Yeah, right," Kikwang said skeptically.
 
"No, really, I really do like them," IU insisted. "I really like the story about you when you were 6,"
 
"Yeah well, I was 6," Kikwang shrugged. "and besides, it's not that funny,"
 
"It's hilarious," IU laughed slightly.
 
Kikwang took a quick glance at her. "You think that's funny huh?" smirked Kikwang slyly.
 
"Of course I do," IU said confidently.
 
Kikwang smirked widen when he reached the top of the hill they wre climbing. "You know, you might not notice it, but for the last few minutes, we've been cycling uphill,"
 
"So?"
 
"So.. it might be a slow climb, but it's a steep drop," Kikwang smirked confidently. "How are you with heights?"
 
"You wouldn't..," IU hesitated.
 
"Tell me IU-ssi, how funny do you feel about if I cycled full speed down here?" threatened Kikwang.
 
"Not funny," IU said, dismayed.
 
"Really? I think it's hilarious,"
 
***
 
"Now that I think about it, is it okay for you to go back home so late?"
 
"Hmm? I guess," Sungje answered.
 
"Great cause I was thinking about stopping by the convenience store for a while," Hyosung said jovially.
 
"I guess there's no point in asking if you can go there after you showed me your home, huh?"
 
"Nope,"
 
"Fine,"
 
Hyosung giggled slightly. "Wow, who would've thought huh?" Hyosung said slowly.
 
Sungje eyed her curiously.
 
"I mean, I've just met you today, and I'm already taking you to my home," Hyosung chuckled.
 
Sungje smirked softly.
 
"Hey, Sungje-ssi, why don't we exchange phone numbers? That way, it's easier for you to contact me,"
 
"Who said I wanna contact you?"
 
Hyosung rolled her eyes back. "Is it really that hard for you to say something nice for once?"
 
Sungje smiled slightly before taking out his phone. "Give me your phone number, I'll give you a call," he said before handing his phone over to Hyosung.
 
Hyosung snatched his phone from his hands and keyed in her phone number. "There, now give me a call," Hyosung said, before handing his phone back to him.
 
Sungje looked down at his phone, and pressed the dial button. "There, happy?" he asked skeptically.
 
"A bit," Hyosung said.
 
Sungje smiled slightly while shaking his head. "What time do you want me to pick you up?"
 
"Huh?" Hyosung asked back, surprised.
 
"For the ball?"
 
"Oh, right. The ball starts at around 8, so can you pick me up around 7?"
 
Sungje thought for a few moments, before casually nodding his head.
 
"Okay, but I have to warn you, my dad is really strict. He hates it when I come back home with a friend,"
 
"Guess I have to be careful of him then,"
 
Hyosung nodded her head. "Guess so," she said slowly. "Hey, aren't you tired of pushing your bike for so long?" Hyosung asked him.
 
"Well, it's not like I can just leave it here,"
 
Hyosung paused for a moment. "Sorry about that, I guess you could say it's my fault we have to go through all this trouble, huh?"
 
Sungje gave her a small smile. "Well, it's probably because the bike isn't used to carrying such a heavy load," he said jokingly.
 
"Ya, what's that supposed to mean?" Hyosung shot back. They eventually turned the corner to the convenience store. "Here we are," Hyosung pointed towards the store from afar. "I'll just take a few minutes,"
 
"Sure, after all, what's a few minutes after I've wasted so many hours with you," Sungje said sarcastically.
 
"I totally agree with you," Hyosung smiled widely.
 
***
 
"That was totally mean!"
 
"You were totally shrieking back there," Kikwang said while laughing hysterically. "Seriously, you held onto me so tightly, it felt like my chest was going to burst," teased Kikwang.
 
"Ya, meanie!" IU started hitting his back with her hands.
 
"Ouch, ow-ouch," Kikwang winced while laughing.
 
"Haven't you ever heard of 'slow and steady wins the race?'" IU frowned.
 
"Where did you hear that crap?" Kikwang smiled crookedly.
 
"Haven't you ever heard of 'the tortoise and the hare'?" IU retorted.
 
"Sure,"
 
"See, The tortoise won in the end. That proves that slow and steady wins the race,"
 
"Sure, he won 'one' race," Kikwang tilted his head to the side.
 
"What do you mean?"
 
Kikwang turned his head to the side. "You know they've had like a hundred races between them, and that 'one' was the only race the tortoise won," Kikwang said confidently. "The hare won like, 99 times, did he ever brag about it? Nope,"
 
IU looked at him skeptically. "You expect me to believe that, Kikwang-ssi?"
 
"It's the truth!" A few minutes later, they finally reached the convenience store. "Here we are, Kikwang said, as he parked his bike onto the bike stand at the side of the store. "Come on, let's go get that chicken," Kikwang said eagerly.
 
***
 
"Are you seriously going to eat all that?"
 
Hyosung looked down at her basket. "What? I love my snacks," she said before continuing her shopping.
 
"Some people actually care about their health you know..," Sungje said.
 
"Well, thank goodness I'm not like some people then, huh?"
 
Sungje looked around the store for a while. "Anything else you wanna buy before we go,"
 
"Hmm? Oh, right, my mom told me to get some chicken meat for dinner," Hyosung said after checking her phone. "Come on, follow me," Hyosung led him towards where the frozen foods are stored.
 
"Great," Sungje said sarcastically.
 
"Aish, will you stop whin-," Hyosung stopped suddenly, startling Sungje.
 
"Hey, why did y-,"
 
"Hyosung!" said a boy in front of them. "Wow, what are you doing here?"
 
Hyosung was slightly stunned by his sudden appearance. "H-huh?"
 
"H-hyosung-ssi..," mumbled the girl next to the boy.
 
"Why are you still in your school clothes?" fussed the boy. "Did you just get back?"
 
"H-huh?" Hyosung mumbled, still composing herself. "Y-yeah,"
 
Sungje stepped in, in front of her. "Hi, I'm Sungje," he offered a handshake to the boy.
 
The boy was slightly surprised by his actions. "Ah, yes, I'm Kikwang," the boy said merrily.
 
Sungje looked questioningly at the girl next to Kikwang.
 
"Ah, I-I'm IU," IU stuttered slightly.
 
"Nice to meet you two," Sungje smiled warmly at both of them. "She kind of hitched a ride with me, but my tyre suddenly went flat halfway here, so that's why we're still in our uniforms, isn't that right, Hyosung-ssi?"
 
"Huh? Y-yeah,"
 
Kikwang scowled slightly. "You could've called me, and told me you were in trouble," he said to Hyosung. "Anyway, thanks for taking care of her, Sungje-ssi,"
 
"Yeah, sure," Sungje said casually.
 
Kikwang looked at the both of them, and then started to smile sheepishly. "Is this your date for the ball?"
 
"W-what? N-no," she said hurriedly.
 
Sungje quickly grabbed one of her hands, and smiled widely at Kikwang. "Yeah, that would be me,"
 
Hyosung quickly pulled her hands away. "What are you talking about?" she glared at Sungje.
 
"Excuse us for a second," Sungje flashed a smile at the other pair before pulling Hyosung to the back. "I thought we agreed to make him jealous," whispered Sungje.
 
"Y-yeah, but..,"
 
"But, what? Come on, get your head in the game," he whispered to her.
 
Hyosung nodded her head slowly. 'make him jealous, make him jealous,' she kept repeating it inside her mind.
 
Sungje pulled her back towards Kikwang and IU. "Sorry about that, where were we?" Sungje asked Kikwang.
 
"Nowhere," Kikwang said innocently. "See I told you she wouldn't have any trouble finding a date for the ball," Kikwang said to IU.
 
IU smiled awkwardly.
 
"Well, it was good seeing you Hyosung," Kikwang said. "We should be getting home now. Nice to meet you too, Sungje-ssi,"
 
"Yeah, bye," Sungje waved back at him.
 
Hyosung felt nervous. 'Make him jealous, make him jealous,' she kept thinking. 'How the hell am I supposed to make him jealous?!!' she thought in dismayed. "Kikwang-ssi!" she called out to him.
 
Kikwang turned back towards her.
 
"I-I..," she hesitated for a moment. "I'm getting married with Sungje-ssi!" she yelled out.
 
"What?!" all three of them said in unison.