Our one-day marriage

Our story

 

*knock on the door*

 

“Come in,”

 

Yoseob opened the door to the principal’s office. “Um.. you wanted to meet me sir?” Yoseob asked.

 

“Ah, yes, yes, Mr. Yoseob,” the principal smiled slyly. “Come in, come in. Did you bring your parents along with you today?”

 

“Er.., y-yes sir,” Yoseob said hesitantly.

 

Principal Park continued to stare at him. “Well? What are you waiting for?! Bring them in!” ordered the principal.

 

“Y-yes sir,” Yoseob said slowly. A few moments later he brought in both of his parents. “Here they are sir..,”

 

Principal Park was slightly surprised when he saw the both of them. Mrs. Lee had a huge afro hair, and wore sunglasses with a blue checker-patterned shirt, a vest and a skirt. Mr. Lee wore thick-lens spectacles, and had a thick moustache covering his face, along with a huge coat that looked two sizes bigger than him. “Er.. welcome.. Mr. and Mrs. Lee, please, have a seat,” offered the principal.

 

“Thanks,” Mr. Lee replied brightly, before taking a seat. Mrs. Lee however continued standing there.

 

“Em.. is there something wrong?” asked the principal.

 

“Ehem!” Mrs. Lee cleared loudly, while staring at Mr. Lee who was smiling brightly at the principal. She cleared again to get his attention.

 

Mr. Lee turned back towards his wife. “What is it?” asked Mr. Lee. Mrs. Lee hinted at the chair to Mr. Lee. “You want me to sit over there?” Mr. Lee asked innocently.

 

Mrs. Lee rolled back her eyes in annoyance. “Honey.. aren’t you going to pull out the seat for me?” Mrs. Lee asked skeptically.

 

“Huh? Oh! Right!” Mr. Lee realized quickly. He quickly pulled out the seat for her.

 

The principal just sat there silently, as he watched the antics of Yoseob’s parents. “Excuse me, have we met before?” asked the principal.

 

“No, I don’t think so,” Mrs. Lee replied quickly.

 

“No, I’m pretty sure we had a student who looks like you..,” Principal Park said to Mr. Lee.

 

“Oh, haha, that must be my other son, Kikwang. Yeah, quite handsome isn’t he? He does look a lot like me,” laughed Mr. Lee. “He inherited the better part of our family gene, if you know what I mean,” Mr. Lee hinted to the principal, while looking at Yoseob.

 

“I think I understand,” the principal nodded slightly. “Excuse me, can I ask you, how old are you right now?”

 

“Hmm? I think this year, I’ll be 37, right honey?” Mrs. Lee asked her husband.

 

“Oh? Really? I can’t believe how old we’ve gotten,” joked Mr. Lee. “It feels like I married you just yesterday,”

 

“Oh, stop it, you’re embarrassing me,” giggled Mrs. Lee, blushing slightly.

 

“Ehem, ‘mom’ could you please stop embarrassing me,” Yoseob said, while looking away from the couple.

 

“Hoho, how cute, our little Yoseob is blushing,” Mrs. Lee said while pinching his cheeks.

 

“37? That’s really young, when did you get married?” asked the principal.

 

“This is embarrassing to say,” Mrs. Lee said slowly. “We got married during high school, didn’t we honey?”

 

“Yup, you know how it was in those days,” joked Mr. Lee. “One day you’re friends, the next day, you’re already married,”

 

“I-I see,” Principal Park said slowly. “So you had Yoseob when you were 19 years old?”

 

“What can I say.., we had a lot of free time,” Mr. Lee said simply.

 

“I-is that so? But you do look incredibly young for your age,” continued the principal.

 

“Hoho, you know what they say, ‘you are as young as you feel you are’,” Mrs. Lee said brightly.

 

“Yup, and we definitely feel that we’re 18 years old. At heart, at least,” continued Mr. Lee.

 

“I see,” said the principal. “Now then, let’s get down to business. Actually, the reason I called you here today concerns your son Yoseob there,” explained the principal.

 

***

 

“Lee Kikwang,” announced Jaesuk. “Oh? Is he absent today?”

 

Min raised up her hands. “He has some family problems he has to attend to,” explained Min.

 

“Is that so?” thought Jaesuk. “Do you know about the others as well? I mean, Yoseob and Soyeon is also missing,”

 

“Soyeon has some family problems she has to attend to as well,” explained Min. “Yoseob is at the principal’s office,”

 

“Oh? What’s he doing there,” asked Jaesuk.

 

“I’m not sure,”

 

“Hmm, okay then,” Jaesuk said, ticking down the attendance sheet. “Let’s begin today’s class,”

 

***

 

“...the reason I called you here today concerns your son Yoseob there,” explained the principal.

 

“Yoseobie? What did he do?” Mrs. Lee said, surprised.

 

“Is he in trouble?” Mr. Lee quickly asked.

 

“Well, actually, yes..,” the principal explained. “Your son was caught doing acts of vandalisme on school grounds,”

 

“He did what?!” Mr. Lee exclaimed angrily.

 

“Oh, my son!” Mrs. Lee exclaimed, clutching her chest.

 

“Honey! Are you okay?” Mr. Lee quickly asked his wife.

 

“I-I’m okay,” Mrs. Lee said slowly.

 

“I’m sorry Principal Park, quite recently, my wife was diagnosed with a heart disease, you see,” explained Mr. Lee. “So it’s quite difficult for her to handle something surprising like that,”

 

“I-I see,” The principal stuttered.

 

“I-it’s okay honey, I’m fine now,” Mrs. Lee said weakly. “We shouldn’t trouble the principal with something so trivial..,” Mrs. Lee said as she pushed away her husband’s hands slowly.

 

Mr. Lee slowly pulled Mrs. Lee back up onto her seat. “Is it serious? His offense I mean,” Mr. Lee asked the principal seriously.

 

“W-well..,” The principal looked concerned at Mrs. Lee. “I wouldn’t say it’s a serious problem.., maybe.. a small punishment will do..,” Principal Park said slowly.

 

“Oh, my poor Yoseob!” cried Mrs. Lee, again clutching her chest.

 

“D-did I say p-punishment?! I meant self-reflection! Come to think of it, he didn’t really do anything serious, it was just a small scratch, nothing big,” Principal Park said hastily. “I’m sure he didn’t mean to do it, did you Yoseob?”

 

“H-huh?” Yoseob was caught unprepared. “Y-yeah, I meant no! I didn’t,” Yoseob said quickly.

 

“See, all is well, so please, calm down,” Principal Park said, concerned.

 

Mrs. Lee slowly regained herself. “S-so, my Yoseobie, he won’t be punished?” Mrs. Lee asked weakly.

 

“N-no! Of course not!” Principal Park laughed heartily. “A good student like him, no, no, he won’t be punished,”

 

Mr. Lee breathed a sigh of relief. “Thank you, Mr. principal sir,” Mr. Lee thanked. “He then turned towards Yoseob. “Aish, what’s wrong with you! Why can’t you be more like your brother, Kikwang! He’s always nice and respectful! I don’t know where did I go wrong with you!” Mr. Lee yelled at Yoseob.

 

It took all of his willpower for Yoseob to bit back his protests.

 

“Why? You have something to say?!” fumed Mr. Lee. “Ya, if it wasn’t for this nice principal, here.., Aish!” Mr. Lee yelled. “Ya, apologize to him!” ordered Mr. Lee.

 

“Oh, no,no, that’s okay, it wasn’t really a big deal,” Principal Park said quickly.

 

“I said apologize!” ordered Mr. Lee.

 

Yoseob glared at Mr. Lee. He then stood up and apologized. “I’m sorry, I won’t do it again,” Yoseob bowed reluctantly.

 

“That’s okay, that’s okay,” the principal said brightly. “Now, Yoseob-ssi, you should take care of your parents well okay? Make sure they won’t have to come here again, okay?”

 

“Yes, sir,”

 

“We can’t thank you enough,” Mrs. Lee said. “Is there any way for us to repay you?”

 

“No, no, It’s fine,” Principal Park assured her. “I hope you get well soon,”

 

“Huh?” Mrs. Lee puzzled.

 

“Your heart disease? I hope you get well soon..,”

 

“Oh right! Yes, yes, thank you, I hope so too,” Mrs. Lee quickly said.

 

“Ehm, I suppose that’s all then,” Principal Park stated. “I wouldn’t want to keep you back any longer than I’m supposed to, please, have a nice day,”

 

“Oh, yes, thank you,” Mr. Lee said brightly.

 

“Now then, Yoseob-ssi, you may return to your class,” continued the principal. “Excuse me, Mrs. Lee, there’s something I’ve been meaning to ask, why are you wearing those sunglasses?”

 

“Hmm? Oh these? Well, my husband here, he doesn’t want me looking at other guys, so he told me to wear these. He can be so childish sometimes,” said Mrs. Lee, pinching her husband’s cheeks affectionately.

 

“Haha, that’s me, childish,” laughed Mr. Lee. “Well then Mr. Park, we’ll take our leave now,”

 

“Ah, yes, thank you for coming today,”

 

***

 

“Hyosung-ssi what’s wrong? You’ve been looking off from this morning,” concerned Seohyun.

 

“Huh? N-nothing, I just had something on my mind,” explained Hyosung.

 

“Are you still thinking about the whole marriage thing?” Min asked.

 

“N-no!” Hyosung protested hastily. “But, why does it have to be Soyeon? Why couldn’t anyone else be the wife?”

 

“Well.., it is her plan. And besides, I don’t think anyone can pull it off better then her,” Min said.

 

“Fine.., but then, why does it have to be Kikwang? It could’ve been Yonghwa! Or even Onew!” insisted Hyosung.

 

“I thought we already discussed this, Kikwang’s the best choice, because he’s a new student, so the principal probably doesn’t know him all that well,” explained Min.

 

“But then Soyeon’s not a new student, how come she gets to be the wife?”

 

“Seohyun ain’t exactly a good actor, and between us three, she’s the best choice,” Min said. “Why are you getting all worked up about this? Relax, would you,” Min shakes her head in annoyance.

 

Hyosung pouted her lips sulkily. Then, Onew and Yonghwa came into their class. “Yo, are they back yet?” asked Onew.

 

“No, not yet,” Seohyun said.

 

“Hmm, they sure are taking their time,” Yonghwa added. “Oh well, guess we just have to wait,”

 

“I’m sure they’re probably nervous as hell,” Min said.

 

“Well, who wouldn’t be? Disguising yourself as a parent, in front of the principal on top of that.., you think they’ll pull it off?” Onew asked.

 

“I’m not sure, I sure hope they do,” Seohyun said.

 

***

 

“Bwahaha, that was so fun! We should do this more often!” laughed Kikwang.

 

“Yeah, I have to admit, it was fun,” Soyeon smiled. “Didn’t think it’d be this easy though,”

 

“Ya, ya, don’t you think you guys were pushing it a bit too much earlier?” nagged Yoseob.

 

“Hmm? What do you mean?” asked Kikwang.

 

“You know what I mean, ‘Why can’t you be more like Kikwang, Kikwang’s so handsome,’,” Yoseob imitated Kikwang earlier.

 

“Well.., It’s true though isn’t it?”

 

“Ya!”

 

“Haha, relax, it was just for fun, everything worked out just fine didn’t it?” Kikwang mused.

 

“Ceh, we got lucky,” retorted Yoseob.

 

“Aish, there you go again, could you stop whining for one moment, where’s our thanks? You haven’t even thanked us yet,” interrupted Soyeon.

 

“Tch, fine,” Yoseob said. “Thanks,”

 

“What’s that?” Kikwang said playfully. “Could you repeat that? I couldn’t hear you,”

 

“I said thanks!” Yoseob said loudly.

 

“Omo, our ‘little’ Yoseob said thanks..,” Soyeon looked touched. “Honey.. now our son is all grown up..,”

 

“I know.., they grow up so fast..,” Kikwang said, wiping off his fake tears.

 

“Ya, stop messing sround,” Yoseob complained.

 

“And now he’s back to being a brat,” Soyeon said, annoyed.

 

“I don’t know where did we go wrong,” Kikwang shook his head regretfully.

 

“Ya! You wanna die?” Yoseob yelled out as he wrestled Kikwang to the ground.

 

“Yoseob-ssi, what are you doing?” Jaesuk suddenly asked.

 

Yoseob quickly turned back, surprised by his sudden appearance. “J-jaesuk-ssi!”

 

“Why are you wrestling your dad to the ground? This ‘is’ your dad right?” Jaesuk asked.

 

Soyeon who was also surprised, quickly looked away, avoiding Jaesuk’s gaze. “Y-yeah, that’s right, I’m Mr. Lee, n-nice to meet you,” Kikwang said hastily.

 

“Ah, yes, nice to meet you too, I have to say, you look exceptionally similar to Kikwang,” Jaesuk said.

 

“W-well, what can I say, ‘like father, like son,’ haha,” Kikwang laughed awkwardly.

 

“Haha, yeah, I guess you’re right,” Jaesuk laughed along. “Then you must be Mrs. Lee,” Jaesuk turned his attention towards Soyeon.

 

“That’s right,” Soyeon said without looking at Jaesuk.

 

“You seem familiar, have we met before?” Jaesuk asked.

 

“No, I don’t think so,” Soyeon quickly said. “Excuse me, but we really have to go now,”

 

“Oh, sorry, sorry, have a nice day then,” Jaesuk said before walking away. On his way, he found a blonde-haired boy walking down the corridor. “Oh? Joon? You’re back already?”

 

“Oh? Jaesuk-ssi! Long time no see!” Joon hugged Jaesuk.

 

“W-well, it’s only been two weeks,” Jaesuk said.

 

Joon released him. “Excuse me sir, I want to go and meet my friends,”

 

“Ah, yes, yes, go ahead,” Jaesuk said calmly.

 

Joon was starting to leave, when he saw Yoseob and the others walking away. “Oh? Why is Kikwang wearing that large coat?”

 

“Hmm?” Jaesuk turned back. “Oh, no, no, Joon-ssi, that’s their dad, I understand the confusion, he looks a lot like Kikwang,”

 

“No, that’s Kikwang, and why is Soyeon wearing the drama club’s afro hair?” Joon asked.

 

“Wh-what?” Jaesuk asked in awe.

 

“I’m sorry Jaesuk-ssi, I have some catching up to do,” Joon said before turning towards his friends. “Yoseob! Kikwang! Soyeon! What are you doing here?” Joon yelled from afar.

 

The three of them froze in their tracks. They looked back, and saw Jaesuk smiling slyly at them. “Damn it, Joon, you couldn’t have picked a worse time to come back,”