Our music festival-post

Our story

 

“Mom! We’re going to go now!” Kikwang yelled at Mrs. Lee while tying his shoelace.

 

Mrs. Lee quickly walked downstairs. “Oh? You’re early today,” she said to Kikwang.

 

“Well, today’s the festival!” Yoseob exclaimed brightly. “We won’t want to be late for our last rehearsal,”

 

“Yeah, otherwise Soyeon would kill us..” Kikwang said, shivering slightly.

 

“Haha, she won’t really kill you, right?” laughed Mrs. Lee. The two boys stopped tying their shoelaces, and looked straight at Mrs. Lee seriously. “She would?” asked Mrs. Lee.

 

The boys nodded their heads slowly. “She would,”

 

“Hold on, can I come?” Mrs. Lee asked them.

 

The boys whispered between each other for a minute. “Well.. maybe..,” answered Yoseob.

 

“That is, if you promise not to embarrass us,” Kikwang said.

 

“What are you boys talking about? I’m cool you know?! I can ‘get down’ just like you kids!” Mrs. Lee said brightly.

 

“That’s what we’re afraid of..” Yoseob said slowly.

 

“Well, regardless of whether or not you want me to come, I’ve already got my invite to the festival. So, I’m still gonna come,” Mrs. Lee said happily, sticking her tongue out to her boys, before going back upstairs.

 

“Is that really how a mother should behave?” Yoseob asked his brother.

 

“Well, at least we know where you got your childishness from..” Kikwang said slowly.

 

***

 

“Oh? Soyeon-ssi? What are you doing here so early in the morning?”

 

“Hmm? IU-ssi! It’s nice to see you!” Soyeon said brightly. “I’m waiting for my groupmates, we’re planning on doing a last rehearsal before the real thing. Why are you here?”

 

“Me? I’m here for our MC preparation, I came early because I have to confirm the schedule and performances.” IU said “Anyway. Are you sure the boys are going to come this early in the morning?

 

“Hehe, don’t worry about that. They’ll definitely come,” Soyeon said confidently. Moments later the three boys could be seen cycling from the corner heading into their school. “See, what did I tell you,”

 

The boys were slightly panting when they stopped in front of Soyeon. “All right! We made it!” exclaimed Joon.

 

Soyeon clapped her hands softly. “Congrats, now get down and get ready for our rehearsal,” ordered Soyeon.

 

“Yes, ma’am,” Kikwang exclaimed, before moving to park his bike. Then he noticed IU standing there. “Oh? IU-ssi? What are you doing here this early?” asked Kikwang.

 

“IU-ssi? Where?” asked Yoseob. “Oh, there you are. Hi IU-ssi!” Yoseob greeted her happily.

 

“IU-ssi! Long time no see!” exclaimed Joon.

 

“Haha, hi guys,” IU said slowly. “I’m here for the MC rehearsal, I just thought I’d come earlier and familiarize myself with the stage,”

 

“Oh? You’ve seen the stage?” asked Yoseob. “How was it?” Yoseob asked excitedly.

 

“Well.. It’s big..,” IU said, smiling. “And really pretty. Basically, it definitely lives up to expectations,”

 

“Really? Woah, can’t wait to see it!” exclaimed Joon. “But, Kikwang, what about your MC rehearsal?”

 

“MC? Ah, that one won’t start for another hour. I’ll just go finish our rehearsal, before joining the MC rehearsal,” Kikwang answered simply.

 

“Hey, IU-ssi. Is he good? His MC’ing skills I mean,” Yoseob asked.

 

“Well.. It’s hard to say,” IU pondered.

 

“You can just go ahead and say he ,” Joon joked. “We all know he’s horrible,”

 

“Hey!”

 

“Well.. Horrible is such a strong word, maybe something slightly less?” IU joked.

 

“Ya!” exclaimed Kikwang,

 

“Haha, I’m just joking Kikwang-ssi,” laughed IU. “Actually, Kikwang’s pretty good. It’s like he was born for this. I’m the one that needs improvement.

 

“Aish, you’re just saying that to make me feel good. You don’t really mean that, do you?” Kikwang said, happy at the compliment.

 

“Yeah, she’s definitely saying this just to make you feel good,” nodded Yoseob. “She probably didn’t meant any of it,”

 

“Ya, shut up,” Kikwang said, annoyed at Yoseob.

 

“Ehem, rehearsal! Chop, chop!” Soyeon yelled at them from afar, making the boys jump slightly from their seat.

 

“Er, IU-ssi, I’ve got to go. See you later at the rehearsal!” Kikwang said hurriedly before dashing away.

 

“Yeah, see you later,” added Yoseob.

 

“Bye IU-ssi!” exclaimed Joon, before hurriedly joining the twins.

 

***

 

“IU, where’s Kikwang?” asked Sulli.

 

“Yeah, we won’t want to be late for the final rehearsal,” nagged Jokwon.

 

“I’m sure he’ll be here, he just needs to finish things up with his group,” assured IU. A few moments later, Kikwang and Yonghwa entered the MC dressing room. “There he is,”

 

“Yonghwa!” exclaimed Sulli, before coming over to hug him.

 

“Wow! Yonghwa! What are you doing here?” asked Jokwon, smiling widely.

 

“Is there nobody here that wanted to see ‘me’?” Kikwang asked sarcastically.

 

“Hi guys, just thought I’d check up on you guys before the main event,” Yonghwa said, pushing Sulli off of him slowly. “So, is everything set?”

 

“As ready as we’ll ever be,” Jokwon said confidently. “It’s too bad you can’t join us though,”

 

“Well, I’ve been kinda busy these past few weeks, with the songs and all that,” explained Yonghwa.

 

“Oppa! I guess we can expect something great from you today, eh?”

 

Yonghwa smiled confidently. “Have I ever let you down?” Yonghwa said patting Sulli softly on her head.

 

“So this song of yours, I heard that you’ll be singing a duet this time?” Kikwang asked.

 

“Oh? Really? Who is it?” Sulli asked excitedly.

 

“Haha, it’s a secret,” Yonghwa smiled slyly. “But I’ll tell you this, you’ll definitely be surprised by her,”

 

“Her? Is this another one of your girlfriends?” Sulli nagged. “Oppa.. you really should stop toying with girls like this you know,”

 

“Stop jumping to conclusions, she’s not my girlfriend, okay?” Yonghwa said.

 

“Em, excuse me, I don’t mean to intrude or anything, but.. are you two.. dating?” IU asked innocently towards Yonghwa and Sulli.

 

The three MC’s, except for Kikwang, gave a puzzled looked at IU before all three of them broke into laughter. “Me? Dating? With him?” Sulli laughed.

 

“IU-ssi, Sulli’s more like a little sister to me,” explained Yonghwa.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, I thought since she called you ‘Oppa’..”

 

Jokwon thought for a moment. “Hmm, IU-ssi, did you know that Sulli’s one year younger than you?”

 

IU had a surprised look on her face. “Really? But she’s so big,”

 

“Yeah, they call me the ‘Giant Baby’,” joked Sulli. “I called him Oppa since.. I don’t know, but it kind of just stuck like that,”

 

“So as to clarify your point earlier, no, we are not dating,” Yonghwa said coolly. “Nor do we plan on dating anytime soon,”

 

“Ehm, excuse me.. in case anyone forgot, I’m still here,” Kikwang joked.

 

“Aish, I’m just trying to catch up with my buddies. Don’t be such a spoilsport,” Yonghwa said playfully.

 

“Hey, I didn’t rush here just to see some tearful reunion,” joked Kikwang.

 

“He’s right, the rehearsal’s starting in.. 5 minutes,” Jokwon said, looking at his watch.

 

“Okay, I’ll go then. I’ve got something I need to settle anyway,” Yonghwa said before starting to leave.

 

“Oppa! Good luck!” Sulli exclaimed happily.

 

“Yeah bro, good luck!” Kikwang said to Yonghwa. “May the best team win,”

 

Yonghwa turned back towards Kikwang. “Oh, we plan to,” Yonghwa replied cheekily.

 

“Don’t be too full of yourself,” Kikwang said confidently, before Yonghwa left.

 

***

 

*knock, knock, knock,*

 

“Excuse me? Is Kikwang here?” Hyosung asked as she entered the MC’s dressing room.

 

“Oh? Hyosung-ssi! Long time no see,” IU said brightly, going over to greet her.

 

“Wow.. you sure look.. wow,” Hyosung looked at her in awe. IU wore a blue dress, littered with sparkling beads. For some reason her face had a new shine.

 

IU giggled at her reaction. “Hehe, it’s the make-up artistes, they’re incredible. I bet you’ll look even prettier than me if it was you,”

 

“Oh? IU-ssi is that your friend?” asked Sulli, wearing her black and white, lip-patterned dress, still getting her make-up done.

 

“This is Hyosung everyone. She’s a friend of Kikwang and me,” IU said happily. “Come on in,” she invited Hyosung.

 

“Hi, I’m Jokwon,” Jokwon went over to Hyosung in his brown blazer.

 

“Y-yeah, I’m Hyosung,” Hyosung replied, shaking his hand.

 

“And I’m.. wait,” Sulli said as she stopped the make-up artiste from continuing to do their job on her face. “I’m Sulli, nice to meet you,” Sulli greeted her. But only half of her face was covered in make-up.

 

“Nice to meet you too,” Hyosung replied.

 

“Hehe, a friend of IU and Kikwang, is a friend of ours,” Sulli said giddily. “So, Hyosung-ssi, what are you doing here?”

 

“Ehm, actually, I came here looking for Kikwang,” asked Hyosung.

 

“Kikwang? He’s still changing in the dressing room,” IU told her.

 

Sulli walked up to the dressing room and knocked on the door. “Ya, Kikwang-ssi, someone’s here to see you,” Sulli yelled through the door.

 

“Who is it?” Kikwang yelled back.

 

“It’s Hyosung-ssi!” yelled IU.

 

“Oh?” Kikwang said before rushing into his clothes and exiting. “Hyosung, what are you doing here?”

 

When Kikwang stepped out of the dressing room, Hyosung could feel her heart skipping a beat. In his white tuxedo, he looked stunning. “Uh, I was.. I mean, I wanted to say something to you,” stuttered Hyosung.

 

“Oh, okay,” Kikwang said, standing there silently.

 

“N-no, not here, I meant alone,” blushed Hyosung.

 

“Alone? Okay. Guys can I go out for a bit?” Kikwang asked.

 

“H-huh? S-sure! Go on,” stuttered IU.

 

“Yeah, just be sure to make it fast,” nagged Jokwon.

 

“This will only take a while,” Hyosung assured them, before dragging Kikwang by his hand, out of the room.

 

Sulli then crept slowly next to IU. “Ya, stunning, isn’t he,” Sulli whispered, surprising IU.

 

“W-what?” stuttered IU. “What are you talking about?”

 

Sulli gave her a sly smile. “Don’t play dumb with me, you were clearly spacing out when you saw him,” Sulli teased.

 

“N-no I wasn’t,” IU said hurriedly. IU was blushing hard, her red face could be seen through her make-up.

 

“Aigoo, she’s blushing. Isn’t that cute..” joked Sulli. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell him,” teased Sulli.

 

“T-tell him? Tell him what? Ya, Sulli!” IU said as she tried to catch up with Sulli.

 

***

 

“So, Hyosung, what did you wanna tell me?” Kikwang asked solemnly.

 

Hyosung lets go of his hand. “I.. I just wanted to say thanks,” Hyosung said shyly.

 

“Hmm? Is that all?” Kikwang smiled. “You didn’t have to drag me all the way here just to thank me,”

 

“I can’t say it in front of so many people, I’m shy,” Hyosung blushed. “You really helped us a lot for our performance, I’m grateful for that,”

 

“That’s what friends are for, right?” Kikwang said. “How’s the new song? Is it good?”

 

Hyosung face quickly turned into a smile. “Well, it’s pretty good. It’s definitely better than the chic song we used before,”

 

“I wished you’d let me hear it though,”

 

“No way!” Hyosung quickly said. “It’s a surprise,”

 

“Well, as long as you say it’s good, I’m sure it’ll be great,” Kikwang said, smiling. “I’m looking forward to it,”

 

“Y-yeah,” stuttered Hyosung.

 

“So.., Is that all? Coz’ I kind of have to get ready for the event right now,” Kikwang said simply.

 

“Ah? Y-yeah, that’s all,” stuttered Hyosung. “Thanks again for your help,” Hyosung said.

 

“Yeah, don’t mention it,” Kikwang said before heading back into the MC’s dressing room.

 

Hyosung stood there by herself for a while. ‘That’s it, if we win first place, I’ll definitely tell him how I feel’ Hyosung made a silent oath to herself.