Our SECRET confession

Our story

 

 

“Hey, great job guys,” Joon congratulated them.

 

“Yeah, thanks,” Yonghwa smiled shyly.

 

“Damn, and we were so close too,” whined Yoseob. “But I’m happy enough that we managed to get number two, you know?” Yoseob said happily.

 

“Yeah, me too,” Joon agreed.

 

“That’s the problem with you two, you are too easily satisfied with what you have,” Soyeon smacked them from behind. “Ya, Yonghwa, that 7% difference is only because you already have your own fans from your weekly performance,” Soyeon retorted.

 

Yonghwa thought for a while. “Yeah, I think so too,” Yonghwa said simply. “Otherwise, I might’ve lost to you guys,”

 

“Tch, we’ll beat you guys next year,” claimed Soyeon.

 

“Haha, sure, I’ll be waiting,” Yonghwa laughed.

 

“Ya, ya, why are you the one all riled up about losing? You didn’t even perform!” Yoseob complained.

 

“Shut up!” Soyeon pinched his ear.

 

“Aah! Ack! It hurts! It hurts!” Everyone laughed at Yoseob’s funny antics.

 

“Haih.. we didn’t even get into the top three..,” sighed Sunhwa.

 

“Same here..,” added Min.

 

“Well, at least we get to see a lot of great performances right?” Suzy said in an upbeat tone.

 

“Yeah, like ours,” interrupted Joon.

 

“And ours,” added Yonghwa.

 

“And ours!” Yoseob chipped in too.

 

“Shut up,” Min punched Yoseob bitterly.

 

“H-hey, that hurts,” whined Yoseob.

 

“Anyone seen Seohyun?” Hyosung asked.

 

“She’s over at the infirmary. I took her to the nurse earlier,” Yonghwa explained.

 

“Oh yeah, Yonghwa-ssi, aren’t you going to go celebrate with your band mates?” Suzy asked.

 

“Hmm? Nah, their idea of celebrating is ‘Pizzas and a whole night of Video Games’, not that I have anything against that, I just thought I’d get a change of pace,” Yonghwa explained.

 

“Hey, Soyeon, did you record TVXQ’s performance just now?” Min asked expectantly.

 

“Hmm? No, I gave your camcorder to Yoseob earlier,”

 

Min looked expectantly at Yoseob. “You gave it to me? I thought you wanted me to pass it to Joon, so I did,” Yoseob said.

 

“Huh? Me?” Joon asked innocently.

 

“Oh no, please don’t tell me you lost it,” Min was holding her head and shaking her head.

 

“Well.. I didn’t lose it,” Joon said quickly. “But… I ‘might’ have.. mis-placed it..,” Joon smiled awkwardly.

 

“What?!” Min yelled furiously. “How can you be so careless?!”

 

“It was an accident..,” Joon said slowly.

 

“Accident?! Accident my foot! I’m going to kill you!” Min said furiously.

 

“Ehem,” came a voice from the back.

 

Everyone turned back to see who it was. “Hi, excuse me,” the boy said to them.

 

“Onew!” Yonghwa exclaimed in happiness. “Guys, this here’s my classmate,” Yonghwa introduced him.

 

“Hi,” Onew greeted them shyly. “Hey, congrats on winning the festival man,”

 

“Nah, I got lucky man,” Yonghwa denied sheepishly.

 

“Luck or not, you still won man,” Onew patted Yonghwa on the back. “Anyway, I came because I overheard you guys talking about someone losing a camcorder?”

 

“Yeah, yeah! Did you find it?” Min asked excitedly.

 

“Yeah, but I don’t know if it’s yours or not,” Onew handed them a pink camcorder.

 

“Yeah, that’s mine, see!” Min said excitedly, pointing to the initials she engraved on the camera.

 

“That’s great then,” Onew smiled brightly. “I also saved you the trouble of recording the show, I’ve already recorded it,” Onew said.

 

Min checked her recordings. “Oh? He’s right, it’s all here!” Min said excitedly. “Thanks…, Onew was it?”

 

“Yeah, sure no problem,”

 

“Hey, since you’re here, why don’t you join us, we’re going to go grab a bite,” Yonghwa invited him.

 

“Ehm.. are you guys okay with that?” Onew asked the others.

 

“Yeah sure,” Joon said happily. “The more the merrier,”

 

“Okay then, sure I’ll go with you guys,” Onew said as he joined them.

 

“Wait, where’s Kikwang?” Hyosung asked. “Are we going without him?”

 

“Kiki? He had to return the MC suit that he borrowed. Don’t worry, I already told him to meet up with us later,” Yoseob assured her.

 

Hyosung thought for a while. “You guys go on ahead, I’m going to go with Kikwang,” Hyosung said, before leaving the group.

 

“And then there was eight,” Yonghwa mused. Suddenly, Rain walked past them, and then he suddenly stopped, and turned towards the group.

 

“Oh? You’re that kid who won the festival right?” Rain took off his sunglasses.

 

“Er, yeah,” Yonghwa nodded his head slowly.

 

“Congratulations, you were great,” Rain shook his hand vigorously. “Any chance you could teach me how to play the guitar one day?” Rain asked jokingly.

 

“H-huh?” Yonghwa stuttered.

 

“Haha, I was just messing with you,” Rain laughed. He then turned his attention towards the others. “You’re the one who did the ‘Lucifer’ song right?” Rain asked Onew.

 

“Y-yeah,” Onew nodded his head.

 

“You kids were great,” Rain smiled warmly. “Oh? Aren’t you that girl from ‘Shy Boy’?” Rain asked Sunhwa.

 

“SECRET, our team’s name is SECRET,” Sunhwa replied.

 

“Oh, sorry, my bad,” Rain smiled sheepishly. “Even Miss A’s here, eh?”

 

“Y-yes, sir,” Min bowed her head.

 

“Haha, it’s okay, it’s okay, quite the talented group we have here,” he then looked at Joon and Yoseob. “Ah, you guys are the runner-ups right?”

 

“Yeah, that’s us,” Joon said brightly.

 

“Ah, its such a pity, you guys were great too,” Rain smirked slightly. He then focused his attention on Joon. “Actually, I’m looking to form my own group of protégé’s as a boy band, say, would you like to join?” he asked Joon.

 

“H-huh?” Joon stuttered in surprise.

 

***

 

Hyosung walked towards the MC room. She figured, since there was only one corridor in and out of there, she’s sure to meet with Kikwang on the way there. As she walked along the corridor, she saw Kikwang walking side by side with IU, chatting happily among themselves. She quickly hid herself behind a vending machine. Why? She’s not sure herself.

 

“..on doing now?” she heard IU said.

 

“I’m probably going to hang out with my friends for a while, you wanna come?” Kikwang invited her.

 

IU stayed quiet for a while. “Well.., I wouldn’t want to crash your party,” IU said shyly.

 

“What are you talking about? I’m sure they’ll be happy to see you. Besides, if I know them, which I think I do, they’re probably expecting me to bring you along,” Kikwang explained.

 

“Well.. I guess I could go,” IU said slowly.

 

Kikwang stopped walking before he reached the vending machine. “IU, are you planning on going back to ‘Dream High’ after this?”

 

IU chuckled slightly. “It’s still my school, so yeah..,”

 

“Hmm, even more reason why you should join us,” Kikwang said. “Hmm, hehe, IU-ssi, I don’t have any small change, could you lend me 500 won, please..” Kikwang pleaded.

 

“Sure,” IU said, handing him 500 won.

 

“All right! But now I owe you 1000 won, hmm, oh well,” KIkwang shrugged it off.

 

Hyosung heard the sound of coins inserted into the vending machine and a the ‘clank’ sound of a can dropping down.

 

“Thanks IU-ssi, we should re-,” Kikwang paused.

 

For a while, it was quiet, Hyosung couldn’t hear them say anything, until Kikwang tapped her shoulder from her back. “Hyosung.. what are you doing?”

 

Hyosung was startled by him, but quickly covered it up. “Hmm? M-me? I’m uh.. I’m trying to get my coin, yeah, it uh.. it fell down when I tried to buy a drink earlier, hehe,” Hyosung giggled slightly.

 

Kikwang continued staring at her silently. “Okaay..,” Kikwang said slowly. “Did you get it?” Kikwang asked.

 

“Y-yeah, here it is,” Hyosung took out a coin from her pocket.

 

“Okay then, have you bought the drink yet?” Kikwang asked.

 

“H-huh, n-no, not yet, I’m going to go buy it now,” Hyosung walked over to the front of the vending machine and inserted the coins. “Uh.. I’m short 200 won,” Hyosung said slowly,”

 

“Hey, don’t look at me, I’m out of coins,” Kikwang said, pointing towards his drink.

 

“Here, take it,” IU offered her a coin.

 

“T-thanks,” Hyosung smiled shyly. She then bought her drink.

 

“Hyosung, why aren’t you with the others?” Kikwang asked her, traking a sip from his soda.

 

“I just thought I’d go with you guys, why, is that wrong?” Hyosung asked forcefully.

 

“W-well, no. Okay, if you wanna go with us, that’s fine,” Kikwang nodded in agreement.

 

“Hey, we should really get going, we don’t want to keep them waiting,” IU said brightly.

 

“Yeah, come on,” Kikwang pulled Hyosung with him. Throughout the walk, Hyosung walked silently behind the pair as she watched them chatting happily.

 

Kikwang turned back towards her. “Why? What’s wrong Hyosung? Why are you so quiet?” Kikwang asked.

 

Hyosung thought for a moment. “Uhm, Kikwang, can I like, talk to you, alone?” Hyosung asked.

 

“Uh.. sure, but..,” Kikwang looked over at IU.

 

“It’s okay, I’ll wait for you guys up ahead,” IU said, smiling, before turning the corner.

 

“Thanks,” Kikwang thanked her. “Now then, what is it you wanted to talk to me about?” Kikwang asked softly.

 

“Um.. actually, I.. uh,” Hyosung stuttered.

 

“Are you okay Hyosung?” Kikwang asked her. “You don’t seem to well, let’s sit over there,” Kikwang pointed at a nearby bench.

 

After they sat down, Hyosung tried to continue. “I... I uh, I wanted to.. um,” Hyosung stuttered.

 

Kikwang grabbed her hands. “Hey, relax, you don’t have to rush. Take all the time in the world, okay?” Kikwang said softly. Hyosung could feel her face turning red as Kikwang held her hands to calm her down.

 

Hyosung stayed silent for a while. “H-hey, congrats on winning,” Hyosung said slowly.

 

“Hmm? Um.. I didn’t win remember?” Kikwang corrected her.

 

“I-I meant for getting 2nd place,” Hyosung said hurriedly.

 

Kikwang chuckled slightly. “I guess we got lucky,” Kikwang said slowly.

 

“Nah, you guys were really great,” Hyosung said.

 

“Thanks, so were you,” Kikwang said slowly.

 

Hyosung stayed silent again. “You and IU-ssi seems really close together,” Hyosung said slowly, staring at her shoes.

 

Kikwang chuckled again. “Yeah, you could say that, I heard some of the teachers are already calling us the Sunday couple, you know, since we meet up every Sunday before this,”

 

Hyosung felt slightly disappointed. “Yeah, I guess you guys really do make a great couple,” Hyosung said slowly.

 

“Hmm? Oh no, no, IU and I,” Kikwang shook his head. “We’re not really a couple, it’s just a gimmick the teachers thought up,”

 

“Oh..,” Hyosung said slowly.

 

“Hey, Hyosung-ssi, do you have a boyfriend?” Kikwang asked.

 

Hyosung could feel her heart skipping a beat hearing the question. “M-me, n-no,” Hyosung stuttered.

 

“I see,” Kikwang nodded his head slowly.

 

“T-then what about you?”

 

“Who me? Of course I don’t have a boyfriend, I’m not gay!” Kikwang joked.

 

Hyosung frowned. “You know.. Do you.. have a, girlfriend?” Hyosung asked slowly.

 

“Haha, sorry, I was just messing with you,” Kikwang laughed. “Girlfriend eh? Well, can’t say I do, not right now anyways,”

 

“What about that crush you mentioned in front of everyone?” Hyosung asked hurriedly.

 

“Crush? Oh, you mean that one,” Kikwang realized. “Is that what’s gotten you this down?”

 

Hyosung just sat there silently.

 

“I thought you of all people would’ve realized the hint I gave,” Kikwang mused.

 

“What hint? You didn’t say anything,” Hyosung frowned.

 

“No, I gave a hint, it’s just no one noticed it,” Kikwang said slowly.

 

“Fine then, tell me who it is already,” Hyosung said impatiently.

 

“It’s you,” Kikwang said simply.

 

Hyosung couldn’t believe what she just heard, she could feel her heart racing. “W-what?” Hyosung asked slowly.

 

“It’s you, you’re the girl I had a crush on,” Kikwang smiled slightly.

 

Hyosung felt as if her heart is bursting, and jumping out of her chest. She was dumbstrucked by what Kikwang said.

 

“I said she was a SECRET right? I meant you,” Kikwang said simply.

 

Hyosung could feel the blood rushing to her face, she felt really glad that it was dark, if not, Kikwang could probably see her face glowing red. “R-really?” Hyosung asked slowly.

 

“Yeah, I thought you guys were awesome, especially ‘shy boy’, it felt like cupid shot an arrow right through my heart,” Kikwang joked.

 

It was impossible for Hyosung’s face to get any redder. “T-thanks,” Hyosung stuttered slowly.

 

“Don’t worry about it,” Kikwang said softly. “But, hey, don’t think of this as a confession, I’m not asking you out on a date or anything. I don’t want you to feel burdened by this, I’m just telling you that I liked you as a performer, and an entertainer,” Kikwang said hurriedly. “It doesn’t change the fact that we’re still friends right? I hope you don’t see me as some kind of stalker or something,” Kikwang joked.

 

Hyosung calmed down after hearing Kikwang’s statement. “Y-yeah, it’s not like you confessed right?”

 

“Exactly,” Kikwang said brightly. “But, wow, I didn’t think you’d be so overly bothered by this. You looked like you were really troubled earlier,” Kikwang said playfully, making Hyosung blush again.

 

“I think you’re a great performer and an entertainer as well,” Hyosung said slowly.

 

“Really? Thanks, it means a lot, coming from you,” Kikwang said slowly. “You know, we keep having these one-on-one conversations, some people might mistake us for a couple,” Kikwang said jokingly.

 

“Y-yeah,”

 

“Not that there’s anything wrong with that,” Kikwang smiled slyly.

 

“H-huh?” Hyosung blushed again.

 

“I’m joking, I’m joking, haha,” Kikwang laughed.

 

“Y-yeah, haha,” Hyosung laughed slowly. “H-hey, Kikwang, if, theoretically speaking, there’s a girl that likes you, not like a crush or anything, like you, like you, would you date her?”

 

“Oh? Do you know someone that likes me?” Kikwang asked her.

 

“J-just answer the question,” Hyosung flustered.

 

“Well, it depends, is she pretty?” Kikwang asked playfully.

 

“H-huh? I g-guess,” Hyosung stuttered.

 

“Oh? I was just joking, is she really pretty?” Kikwang asked excitedly.

 

“I don’t know! I said it was theoretical right?” Hyosung said hurriedly.

 

Kikwang smirked slightly. “Relax, I’m just fooling around, if I wanted to date someone, I’ll make sure she’s someone I really like, and she likes me too,”

 

“Why’s that?” Hyosung asked.

 

“Because I’ve been two-timed before, so I know how painful it feels,” Kikwang said slowly. “I don’t want to play around when it comes to girls, if I do that it means I’m disrespecting them. I think the most important thing if I’m going to have a relationship in the future, is mutual respect. I can’t expect her to respect me, if I don’t respect her first right?”

 

Hyosung nodded her head in agreement. “So you’ll only date someone you’ve known inside and out?” Hyosung asked.

 

“No, not really. I think I’ll know if she’s the one once I’ve met her,” Kikwang said.

 

“Oh..,” Hyosung said slolwly. “Hey, do you have anything against dating a friend?”

 

“No, not really,” Kikwang said innocently. “I’ve never dated a friend before, but sure, why not? A friend would be easier since I’ll know her a lot better than some stranger I just met,” Kikwang explained. “Why are you asking me all these questions? Oh? Is there someone you like?” Kikwang asked excitedly.

 

“W-well, you could say that,” Hyosung said slowly.

 

“You mean like, like?”

 

“Y-yeah, I like him a lot,” Hyosung said slowly.

 

Kikwang frowned. “Damn, it seems like I have to beat up that bastard,” Kikwang joked.

 

“W-what?”

 

“Haha, I’m joking. Who’s the lucky guy? Do I know him?” Kikwang asked innocently.

 

“W-well, you could say that,”

 

“Oh? Is it someone in our group?” Kikwang asked expectantly.

 

“Uhm, actually.. Kikwang-ssi, the guy I lik-,”

 

“Guys, are you still here?” IU suddenly asked.

 

“H-huh?” Hyosung slightly startled by IU’s sudden interruption.

 

“I’ve been waiting for nearly an hour, we should really get going,” IU said hurriedly.

 

Kikwang looked at his watch. “Oh? You’re right! I can’t believe we talked for that long!” Kikwang said, amazed. “Wait up, IU, Hyosung was just about to tell me something important,” Kikwang said hurriedly.

 

“Uhm, that’s okay, I can tell you later,” Hyosung said.

 

“Aww, can’t you tell me now?” Kikwang insisted.

 

Hyosung shook her head. “Nah, I’ll tell you next time,”

 

Kikwang sighed. “Fine, come on let’s get going, we’re late,” Kikwang said before rushing away.

 

Hyosung stood up and started to walk, before IU stopped her. “Hyosung-ssi, I’m sorry,” IU said slowly.

 

“Hmm? Why?” Hyosung asked innocently.

 

“…, The truth is, I actually listened to your conversation with Kikwang,” IU bit her lip in guilt. “That guy that you liked, it’s Kikwang isn’t it?”

 

“W-what, n-no!” Hyosung denied it hurriedly.

 

“It’s okay, your expression says it all,” IU smiled slightly. “I know you like him, and I know I’m a lousy friend, no I can’t even be considered as a friend for doing this, but.., I can’t give up, not on him,” IU said softly.

 

Hyosung stood there silently. “You like him too huh?” Hyosung asked slowly.

 

“Yeah, I’m sorry,” IU stared at her feet, feeling guilty for betraying her friend. “I stopped you, on purpose, I’m really sorry,”

 

Hyosung stood there silently. “I think I understand,” Hyosung said slowly. “If I were you, I would’ve done the same thing,”

 

“I know you’re angry with me, you should, but-,”

 

“I’m not angry with you,” Hyosung interrupted her. “I told you didn’t I, I would’ve done the same thing if I were you,” Hyosung said.

 

“But, you’re not me, and you didn’t do it,” IU said slowly.

 

“It’s okay, IU,” Hyosung assured her. “But I won’t give up on him either,” Hyosung said firmly. “Now that we’ve both known we liked him, let’s have a fair fight, no hard feelings, okay?” Hyosung offered her a handshake.

 

“You’re really not angry with me?” IU asked slowly.

 

“They say ‘all is fair in love and war’ right? Besides, I don’t want our friendship to be ruined because of a boy,” Hyosung smiles softly.

 

IU started sobbing. “You’re so nice, Hyosung-ssi, I’m really sorry,” IU said between her sobs.

 

“It’s okay,” Hyosung assured her. “But IU, I think you’re at a slight disadvantage, because you don’t go to the same school as him,”

 

IU wiped away her tears. “No, that’s okay, I’ve already signed up the student exchange program to ‘Oh My School!’,”

 

Hyosung was surprised to hear IU’s choice. At that moment Kikwang came back. “Hey, come on, I thought you were the one that told me to hurry up, so hurry up!” Kikwang exclaimed.