Our evening encounter

Our story

 

 

“So? How was your first day at school?” asked Mrs. Lee.

 

“First day? You mean, I have to go back tomorrow?” replied Kikwang.

 

Mrs. Lee just smiled when she heard the answer

 

“Ahahaha, I’m just joking mom,” laughed Kikwang. “But seriously, the school seems like it’s going to be a lot of fun,”

 

“So I take it you like it then?”

 

“It’s ok,”

 

Then their mom saw the frown on Yoseob’s face. “Honey, you okay?”

 

“If you consider being humiliated in front of the whole class as great, then I probably had the best day of my life,” answered Yoseob sarcastically.

 

Kikwang searched his pocket and took out the chocolate he got earlier from the quiz. “Here, I saved this one for you,”

 

Yoseob took the chocolate and began unwrapping it. “Ya! You destroyed the cool image that I spent the whole year building, in one day! You think one chocolate’s gonna be enough to make it up?”

 

“Oh? Fine then, if you don’t want it, give it back,”

 

Yoseob quickly stuffed the chocolate into his mouth. “Give me more,”

 

“Fine, fine, I’ll buy you another pack tonight,”

 

Yoseob shook his head. “No way, make it two,”

 

“Fine, I’ll buy you two,” responded Kikwang. “But seriously though, you cool? You wouldn’t have been cool if I left you in a freezer!” said Kikwang jokingly.

 

“You’re not exactly an ‘idol’ yourself, are you?”

 

“Oh? Yoseob-ah, you hear that? What is it they’re chanting? Kikwang rules?”

 

“Ya! You want to get hit?!”

 

The boys kept playing around all the way to their home.

 

***

 

“Mom! I’m going out for a bit,”

 

“Hmm? It’s already late..”

 

“It’s fine,” Kikwang assured his Mom while strapping on his shoes. “I’ll be really quick, okay?”

 

“Fine, but don’t come home too late,”

 

“Yes~”

 

As soon as Kikwang went through the front door, Yoseob yelled from upstairs. “Mom, have you seen Kiki?”

 

“He just went out!” replied Mrs. Lee.

 

Yoseob quickly looked out from his bedroom window. “Oi! Buy me a soda,” he yelled to Kikwang.

 

Kikwang was just getting on his bicycle. “No way, I’m out of money!” Kikwang yelled back.

 

“You’re lying, I checked your wallet earlier, you still had 20000 won left of this week’s pocket money,”

 

“What are you doing, checking my wallet like that?”

 

“Aish, just go and buy me a drink!”

 

“Fine, but you only get one chocolate pack,” Kikwang yelled back before bursting out of the house.

 

“What? No way!” Yoseob shouted back, but Kikwang was long gone by then.

 

Kikwang cycled all the way to the convenience store to buy the chocolate and a drink for himself. Only on his way back did he notice that he forgot to buy the drink Yoseob asked him to buy.

 

“Oh? Did I forget to buy a drink for Yoseob?” Kikwang thought to himself. “It’s fine, I’ll just tell him the store ran out of sodas, hehe,” mused Kikwang.

 

Because he was busy thinking up excuses, he didn’t notice there was another cycler who was also turning around the corner. By the time he noticed, it was too late and...

 

*crash*

Kikwang landed -first onto a pile of dog poop. “Ouch…” Kikwang said slowly.

 

The other cycler was already up and was coming over towards Kikwang. “Mister, are you okay?” said the girl.

 

“I’m fine,” Kikwang looked up to see a brown-haired girl standing in front of him.

 

The girl quickly held out a hand to help him up. “Here, let me help you,”

 

“Thanks.” When Kikwang grabbed her hands, he noticed the palm of her hands had a big cut and bleeding. “Are you hurt? Let me see that,” said Kikwang with a concerned look on his face.

 

“Ah, this? I’m fine. It was just a slight graze,” said the girl shyly.

 

“This doesn’t look like a slight graze,” worried Kikwang. “Here, let me help you.” Fortunately he always kept a couple of band-aids in his wallet for emergencies. “There, all patched up,” said Kikwang with a smile, after patching up the cut on her hand.

 

“Th-Thank you…” said the girl, smiling shyly.

 

“It’s fine,” assured Kikwang with a smile. “You know, you really shouldn’t be cycling so absent-mindedly like that,”

 

The girl shy smile quickly turned to shock. “Wait, are you saying it’s my fault that we crashed?”

 

“Well, you were clearly coming around the corner too fast,” said Kikwang with a skeptic look on his face. “If you were paying attention, you would’ve seen me coming,”

 

“What?!” said the girl in disbelief. “I was cycling just fine. You were the one who were rushing around the corner!”

 

“Wah! Are you trying to push the blame on me?”

 

“It was your fault in the first place!”

 

“Wh-?!”, Kikwang took a deep breath and tried to kept his cool. “Ok, fine. Since I’m such a nice guy, I’ll let it go if you just apologize,”

 

The girl stared him straight in the eye while biting her lips. “I’m sorry…” the girl said slowly. “I’m sorry, that you’re such a thick-headed fool, who can’t even lower his pride enough to apologize to a girl,” continued the girl. “It’s either that, or you’re really too dumb to realize that this entire thing is really your fault,”

 

“Ya, Gummy!” yelled Kikwang in frustration. “Do you think just because you’re a girl, you can get away with everything?!”

 

“Hey, dog poop, I don’t have to waste my time on a self-conscious prince like you,”

 

“What?! Self-conscious? Hah, at least I’m not the one trying to kill someone by running them over with my bike!”

 

“That’s it, I’m out of here,” the girl said angrily. “Let’s not meet again,” said the girl, who then got on her bike and cycled away.

 

“Fine!” yelled Kikwang. “Dog poop? Why did she call me that?” Then he noticed that there was dog poop all over his pants. “AISH! I’M GOING CRAZY!” exclaimed Kikwang.

 

***

 

“I’m home,”

 

“Where’s my chocolate?” asked Yoseob.

 

“It’s in the bag,” said Kikwang, pointing to the plastic bag that he just brought in.

 

“Why are you all moody and stuff?” Yoseob asked. “And why do you smell like… dog poop..”

 

“Long story,” Kikwang said with an annoyed look on his face. He then took off his pants and gave them to Yoseob. “Listen, could you help me put this in the washing machine? I’m gonna go take a shower,”. Then he quickly went upstairs into their room to shower.

 

“Uh.. sure?”

 

***

 

While he was showering, Kikwang kept thinking about the brown-haired girl he crashed into earlier. “AISH! This is so annoying!”, “Who does she think she is acting all high and mighty like that,”

 

After he finished showering, he entered their room and saw Yoseob playing on the computer while eating chocolate and drinking soda.

 

“Oh? You’re done,” said Yoseob. “Mom told me to tell you to go and have dinner once you’re dressed,”

 

“Ok. What’re you doing?”

 

“Hmm? Oh, I’m chatting with Min’s cousin, Suzy,”

 

Kikwang pushed Yoseob away and looked at Suzy’s profile picture. “Wah, she’s pretty,” Kikwang said jokingly. “Seems like our little Yoseob has a girlfriend!”

 

Yoseob pushed Kikwang back, his cheeks turning red with embarrassment. “Go away!”

 

Kikwang just laughed at his antics. Then Kikwang noticed that something wasn’t right. “Yoseob, where did you get that soda?”

 

“It’s the one I told you to buy for me,”

 

“Ya! That’s my soda, stupid!” yelled Kikwang.

 

“Who’re you calling stupid? I told you already to buy me a drink, since it’s the only one in the bag so I took it,”

 

“It doesn’t matter, give it back,”

 

“Ohoho, you really think yelling at me is the right choice?” teased Yoseob, bringing the soda closer to his mouth.

 

“Take one more sip out of that soda, and you’re dead,”

 

“Dead?” Yoseob then poured the remainder of the drink into his mouth. “Ahh.. ‘Dead’ sure does taste good,”

 

“That’s it, you just signed your own deathwish,”

 

***

 

“So, what’s the schedule for today?” asked Kikwang.

 

“Let’s see,” Min said, while looking at her schedule. “Today’s first period is.. ‘pronounciations’ with Jaesuk-ssi,”

 

“It’s like a tongue-twister game where each person takes turn pronounciating a word, and the next person will have to repeat the same word, an extra time more than the person before,” explained Soyeon when she saw the puzzled look on Kikwang’s face.

 

“It’s really fun cause’ the loser gets sprayed until they’re completely drenched,” added Joon.

 

“There sure are a lot of weird classes in this school,” Kikwang thought out loud.

 

“You have no idea,” responded Yoseob.

 

Kikwang walked over to his seat slowly and put his bag on his desk before taking his seat. Then he noticed there was a girl next to him who was reading her textbook.

 

“You must be Hyosung, nice to meet you,” Kikwang said while holding out his hand for a handshake.

 

The girl faced Kikwang, “Hi, you must be Kik-” the girl stopped midway.

 

“Oh? Gummy?!”

 

“You! Dog poop!”

 

***