Our reunion

Our story

 

Sorry for the late update, the next update won't take so long. I promise!

 

***

 

*school bell ringing*

 

“Argh! I didn’t understand a single thing he said in there!”

 

“Duh.. you were sleeping for  the most part..,” Min replied.

 

“…,” Kikwang pouted his lips at her. “Oh yeah? Then tell me what you understood from that class, Miss ‘I don’t sleep in class’,”

 

“…, …whew, I’m hungry.., is anybody else hungry?” Min avoided the question.

 

“Hey! Don’t try to change the subject!” Kikwang exclaimed.

 

“Oh? Now that you mention it, I’m hungry too,” Yoseob interrupted.

 

“Yeah, I could do with a snack or two, right about now,” Joon added. “Kiki, aren’t you hungry?”

 

“Huh? I guess I’m pretty hungry..,” Kikwang rubbed his stomach.

 

“Great! Let’s go get some snacks!” Min suggested, before running out of the classroom.

 

“Hey, wait for me!” Joon yelled, before he and Yoseob ran off following her.

 

Kikwang hastily packed his things up. “Hey.. wait a minute.. she still hasn’t answered my question!” Kikwang realized. “Grr..! Hey Min! Come back here!”

 

***

 

“I’m telling you, Jaesuk-ssi definitely has something against me,”

 

Yonghwa chuckled slightly, at his friend’s ridiculousness. “Dude, you’re imagining things,”

 

“I’m serious!” insisted Onew. “Why else would he humiliate me in front of the entire class like that?”

 

“Oh, I don’t know, maybe it’s because you kept sleeping in his class?” suggested Yonghwa.

 

“Bah, you sleep in his class too,” accused Onew.

 

“No I don’t!” protested Yonghwa.

 

“Do too!”

 

“Do not!”

 

While they were quarrelling, Yonghwa noticed Kikwang and his friends lounging at the bread stand. “Hi guys!”

 

“Oh? Yonghwa!” Yoseob waved back at him.

 

Yonghwa and Onew went over to them. “What are you guys doing here?”

 

“Having a snack,” replied Min.

 

Onew looked around for the others, but he noticed they weren’t there. “Hey, where are the others?”

 

“Soyeon said she had something she needed to take care of,” Min replied.

 

“She’s probably meeting her boyfriend right now,” Kikwang said casually.

 

“Ya, don’t joke around like that,” Yonghwa patted him on the back.

 

“It’s just a suggestion,” Kikwang said. “Maybe not her boyfriend, but she’s probably meeting with her date for the ball right now,”

 

“Really?” Joon asked. “Wonder who it is..,”

 

“No idea,” Yoseob said.

 

“She wouldn’t tell,” Kikwang said.

 

“Then where’s Hyosung?” Yonghwa asked.

 

“She.. well, she kinda left in a hurry,” Min told them.

 

“What about you guys?” Yoseob asked. “Aren’t you short of two people?”

 

“IU said he needed to finish her homework, so she already went back,” explained Yonghwa.

 

“And Eunjung?”

 

“She’s going back home to get ready,” Yonghwa said. “Said she wanted to teach me how to dance,”

 

“You’re going with her?” Kikwang asked. “I thought for sure you’ll go with Seohyun,”

 

“…, Yeah, well.. something came up, so.. no,”

 

“And I thought I’d go with her,” added Onew. “But she left me and chose that stupid Kyuhyun, ceh,”

 

“Do you have a date yet?” Joon asked him.

 

“No, I’ll figure something out,” Onew stated.

 

At that moment, Soyeon finally arrived to the bread stand. “I’ve been looking all over for you guys,”

 

“So.. how did your little meeting with your boyfriend go?” teased Kikwang.

 

“Since when did I have a boyfriend?” Soyeon replied sharply. Even though she acted otherwise, her cheeks blushed slightly.

 

Yoseob finished his bread with a burp. “Ah.. that hits the spot,”

 

Kikwang gobbled up his remaining bread, and let out a big burp. “Hah, try topping that one!”

 

Min suddenly let out an even bigger burp than the twins. “I win,”

 

“Hey, that’s not fair, rematch!” insisted Kikwang.

 

Yoseob went over to the shopkeeper. “Excuse me, can I have a can of coke please?” he asked.

 

“Hey, no using coke!” Kikwang protested.

 

“You guys are disgusting,” Soyeon cringed her nose at them.

 

“Hey, I’m going back home. I have to meet up with Eunjung later,” Yonghwa said before leaving.

 

“I’m going too. Maybe I’ll find someone who can be my date for the ball, eh?” Onew said, before following Yonghwa.

 

*phone beeping*

 

Joon took out his phone, and read the text message. “Oh, man! Today’s Friday isn’t it?”

 

“Yeah, why?” asked Yoseob.

 

“Nothing, it’s just that I have training tomorrow,” Joon sighed.

 

“Training? What training?” Min asked.

 

“I have training with Rain-ssi every Saturday remember?”

 

“Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that,” Kikwang admitted.

 

“So, is that what the text was about?” Soyeon asked.

 

“No, some of the guys said they wanted to meet up,” Joon put his phone back in his pocket.

 

“Bye-bye,” Soyeon quickly waved him goodbye.

 

“That’s cold,” Joon said to her. “So, you guys wanna come with me?” offered Joon.

 

“Sorry dude, kinda busy today. Our mom wanted our help with cleaning the house,” Yoseob said.

 

“I’m going over to help them out!” Min quickly said.

 

“Me too,” Soyeon quickly volunteered.

 

“No, that’s okay, three people’s enough,” Yoseob rejected her.

 

“No, no, I insist!”

 

“My mom specifically said three people’s enough,” Yoseob smiled innocently. “Have fun with Joon!”

 

“You’re selling me out?!” Soyeon whispered to his ear.

 

“Someone’s gotta go, sorry,” Yoseob whispered back, before waving her goodbye. “Bye, Soyeon!”

 

“Great! So you’re coming with me right?” Joon asked excitedly.

 

“Fine, lets just get this over with,” Soyeon said, agitated.

 

***

 

“How many people are coming again?”

 

“Two people. Four, if you include us,” Joon counted with his fingers.

 

“Okay,” Soyeon nodded. “How long is this gonna take?”

 

“I don’t know, maybe a few minutes, maybe a few hours, why?”

 

“Great,” Soyeon said skeptically.

 

“It is, isn’t it?” Joon answered innocently. “Here it is,” Joon said when they arrived in front of a restaurant. “Come on let’s go in,”

 

As soon as she got in, two people suddenly pounced on Joon. “Ya! Where have you been?!” said one of the boys with blonde hair.

 

“You know how long we’ve waited for you?!” said another boy. This one had a slight goatee growing out of his chin.

 

“Ack! C-can’t br-breathe!” Joon said frantically, but to no avail.

 

“Say you’re sorry!” insisted the blonde boy.

 

“I-I’m s-sor-ry..,” Joon whispered out.

 

“What? Can’t hear you?” replied the goatee boy.

 

“C-can’t s-sp-speak..,”

 

“Fine, I’ll let you off this time,” said the blonde boy, releasing his headlock on Joon.

 

“Sheesh, I swear, you give up way too easily man,” added the goatee boy.

 

Joon rubbed his sore neck. “Are you trying to kill me?!” yelled Joon.

 

“We were just joking around,”

 

“Joking my !” exclaimed Joon. “I nearly died!”

 

“Nearly? Damn.. guess we have to put in a bit more pressure next time huh?” suggested the goatee.

 

“Hmm.. guess so..,” agreed the blond-haired boy.

 

“Ya!” yelled Joon.

 

“Aish, relax dude, you’re exaggerating,” the goatee boy waved him off.

 

“Ehem,” Soyeon cleared , to get their attention.

 

The blonde-haired boy quickly turned towards her. “Oh, uhm.. sorry miss,” he apologized. “Here you go,” the boy moved away, to give her some space.

 

“Haha, Seungho, what are you doing?” laughed Joon, while walking over towards Soyeon. “This here’s my friend, Soyeon,” Joon told them. “Soyeon, these are the guys I was telling you about,”

 

“Hi,” Soyeon said nicely. “I’m Soyeon,”

 

“H-hi, I’m Seungho,” said the blonde-haired boy.

 

“And this guy here is Byeong-hee,” Joon introduced the goatee boy.

 

“Byeong-hee?”

 

The goatee boy blushed slightly. “J-just call me, G.O.,” he said shyly.

 

“Okay, hi G.O.,” Soyeon greeted him.

 

Seungho went over to Joon and nudged him slightly. “Dude, you didn’t say you were bringing a girl over!” he whispered to Joon.

 

“I already told you guys I’ll be bringing my friend along,” protested Joon.

 

“By friend, we thought you meant guy-friends!” Seungho continued.

 

“Is everything alright?” Soyeon asked the pair.

 

“Y-yeah, of course!” replied Seungho. “G.O., why don’t you and Soyeon go find a seat for us, ok?”

 

“M-me?” stuttered G.O.

 

“Why can’t we all just go together?” asked Soyeon.

 

“H-huh?” stuttered Seungho. “Um, o-okay, sure then, together,” Seungho agreed. Once they all found an empty table, the four of them sat down and ordered their meal.

 

*phone ringing*

 

“Oh? My phone’s ringing,” Soyeon noted before reaching for her phone. “Hello?” she said. “I’m with my friends,” she continued. “I kind of forgot, sorry,” she quickly got up. “Maybe around 6, 7 o’clock, maybe..,” she mouthed something like ‘my aunt’ before leaving the group.

 

“Dude! Why didn’t you tell us you were bringing a girl along!” exclaimed G.O. after Soyeon went out of the store.

 

“What’s the big deal?” Joon asked.

 

“What’s the big deal?! If you told us earlier, we could’ve gotten ready, maybe take a shower beforehand,” explained Seungho. “We definitely wouldn’t have made a fool of ourselves like we did earlier,”

 

“You haven’t showered yet?” asked Joon.

 

“O-of course I have!” retorted Seungho. “Don’t change the subject!”

 

“I’m not,” Joon said, annoyed. “Relax, it’s just one girl,”

 

“Just one-,” G.O. caught himself  before he finished. “Dude, you brought a pretty girl over, and you just let us make a complete fool out of ourselves?! Are you really our friend?!”

 

“Soyeon? Pretty?!” Joon asked in disbelief.

 

“I heard my name being mentioned, what is it?” Soyeon suddenly said from behind them.

 

“N-nothing!” Seungho quickly covered Joon’s mouth.

 

“Ookaay,” Soyeon gave them a weird stare, before sitting back down at her seat.

 

Joon pushed Seungho away, before continuing. “Was that your aunt?” Joon asked.

 

“Yeah, she was worried about me, since I didn’t tell her where I went,” Soyeon explained.

 

“Your aunt?” G.O. asked. “Wouldn’t it normally be your mother who’s worried about you?”

 

“I’ve been living with grandma for quite some time now,” explained Soyeon. “I have a lot of aunts there,”

 

“Your grandma?” Seungho asked noticing something. “You’re name’s Soyeon right?”

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“Park Soyeon?”

 

“Um, yeah, how did you know?” Soyeon asked him.

 

“Hahahaha!” Seungho suddenly began laughing out loud.

 

G.O. nudged him in the ribs. “Dude, are you okay?” he whispered slightly. “Stop making a fool of yourself,”

 

Seunho ignored him. “It’s me, Seungho!”

 

“Yeah, I know you’re Seungho,” Soyeon answered awkwardly.

 

“No, no, I’m Seungho! Remember me? Ahnyang?” Seungho said confidently.

 

“Ahnyang?”

 

“Yeah, yeah! You were the class secretary, right?!” Seungho said excitedly.

 

“Uhm.. yeah, but-, ..wait.., Seungho?” Soyeon realized.

 

“Yeah! Do you remember me?!”

 

“You’re ‘the devil’ Seungho! Right? The class president!” Soyeon said excitedly.

 

“Uhm, w-well, yeah,” Seungho said reluctantly.

 

“.., ‘the devil’..?” G.O. asked.

 

“Yeah!” Soyeon smiled excitedly. “Seungho here’s an old friend of mine. We used to go to the same school, the same class even,” Soyeon said happily. “What are you doing here?” Soyeon asked

 

“I’m just as surprised as you are,” Seungho stated.

 

“I can’t believe I didn’t recognize you!”

 

“Haha, yeah, neither can I,” Seungho laughed brightly. “I even thought you were a pretty girl, how funny was that?”

 

“Hahaha,” Soyeon clutched her tummy laughing. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Soyeon suddenly asked him sharply.

 

“Wait, so you guys actually knew each other?” Joon suddenly said.’

 

“Joon, how slow can you be?” nagged Soyeon. “Yes, we know each other, and yes we’re friends,”

 

“Best friends even,” Seungho added.

 

“Well.. I wouldn’t go as far as saying best..,”

 

Seungho looked at her skeptically.

 

“What?” Soyeon acted innocently.

 

“After she transferred, we kind of lost contact,” Seungho explained.

 

“Yeah, I still can’t believe I found you here,” Soyeon said. “Do you still keep I touch with the others?”

 

“No, actually, after you left, I transferred outta there after a few months,”

 

“… were you that desperate to cling onto me? Haih..,” Soyeon sighed.

 

Seungho hit her head. “Ya, I transferred because my dad got a promotion,”

 

“Great, now I’m the only that’s new here..,” whined G.O.

 

The three looked at him for a moment, before laughing out.

 

***

 

“Really? ‘Devil’? Nowadays, we call him ‘Yang Tweety’,” G.O. joked.

 

“Ya!” Seungho looked at him in disbelief.

 

Soyeon looked at Seungho. “Hmm, ‘Yang Tweety’.. I guess that suits you better,” Soyeon said, while patting his blonde hair.

 

“Soyeon used to have a real witty mouth,” Seungho retorted. “Say anything and she’ll twist it into something totally evil,”

 

“Nope, that part of her’s still the same,” Joon stated.

 

“Is that the best you can do?” Soyeon said skeptically.

 

“I guess your evil little brain, still hasn’t matured,” sniped Seungho.

 

“Yeah? Well, I guess your bee-stung lips still hasn’t healed yet,” replied Soyeon.

 

“Hahaha, bee-stung, that’s good,” Joon laughed at him.

 

“Ceh,” Seungho frowned before taking a sip from his drink. “How’s your grandma doing?” he asked Soyeon.

 

“Hmm.., she’s fine,” Soyeon replied. “You know what, you should come meet her,” suggested Seungho.

 

“Really? Do you think she remembers me?”

 

“I’m sure of it,” Soyeon said confidently.

 

“Actually, that’s not such a bad idea,” Joon added. “These guys are sleeping over at my house tonight. Your house isn’t that far away, I’m sure we could go for a quick visit,”

 

“No one invited you,” Soyeon said coldly.

 

“Hey!” Joon exclaimed.

 

“Hahaha,”

 

***

 

“I’m home,”

 

“Oh, you’re back early,” her aunt said to her.

 

“Of course, I ‘am’ a good kid after all,” Soyeon said smugly. “Actually, I brought over some friends,”

 

“Friends?” her aunt looked out at the gate and saw the three guys standing in front of the gate. “You brought three guy-friends over?” her aunt frowned at her.

 

“Actually, one of them’s Joon, so he doesn’t count,” Soyeon explained.

 

“Oh, you’re right,” her aunt noticed. “What about the other two?”

 

“Hold on, you’re gonna like the blonde one,” Soyeon said excitedly to her aunt.

 

“Who, Joon?”

 

“No! The other blonde one,” Soyeon pointed at Seungho. “Where’s grandma?”

 

“She’s in the living room, watching a drama,”

 

“Great, hold on for one moment,” Soyeon said before getting her friends.

 

***

 

“Seungho!” Soyeon’s Grandma said excitedly, hugging Seungho.

 

“Hi, Grandma,” Sungho grinned.

 

“It’s been so long, I didn’t recognize you there for a moment,” said Soyeon’s grandma. “Why, I remember when you were just a little kid,”

 

“Ahaha, yeah, I guess it has been quite some time,”

 

“Don’t I get a hug too?” Joon asked cutely.

 

“Nope, it’s okay, you don’t need a hug,” Soyeon said quickly.

 

“Hey!” frowned Joon.

 

“Soyeon! That’s not how you should talk to a guest,” scolded Soyeon’s grandma.

 

“But Joon isn’t a guest..,” Soyeon pointed out.

 

“Oh? I guess you’re right,” said Soyeon’s grandma.

 

“What?” Joon said in disbelief.

 

“Haha, I’m just joking,” laughed Soyeon’s grandma. “Come here,” she said before giving Joon a hug.

 

Joon stick out his tongue at Soyeon. Soyeon rolled her eyes in disbelief.

 

“Grandma, have you been well?” asked Seungho.

 

“Ah, as well as my age allows me to be,”

 

“They say you’re as old as you think you are,” Joon said.

 

“My mind’s thinking I’m 17, but my body’s thinking I’m 71,” joked Soyeon’s grandma.

 

“Wah, you’ve grown into quite a man,” commented one of Soyeon’s aunt.

 

“Ahaha, not really,” Seungho blushed.

 

“And who’s this friend of yours?” she continued asking.

 

“Ah, I’m Byeong-hee,” bowed G.O., “Nice to meet you,”

 

“There’s no need to be so tense,” chuckled Soyeon’s other aunt. “Any friend of Soyeon is part of the family,”

 

“Ah, y-yes,” G.O. said nervously.

 

“So, then, which one of you is Soyeon’s boyfriend?” asked her Grandma suddenly.

 

“Huh?” All three of the boys said in unison.

 

Soyeon cheeks blushed when she heard the question. “Grandma!”

 

“What? I thought it was common for kids nowadays to have a boyfriend,”

 

“They’re just friends!” Soyeon exclaimed. “They’re not boyfriends or anything like that..,” she said slowly.

 

“Hmph.. that’s disappointing.., I mean, except for Joon, these boys aren’t half bad,”

 

“Grandma!”

 

“Fine, fine,” Soyeon’s grandma, waved her off. “Then which one of you is going to the dance with her?”

 

“Grandma!”

 

***