Our morning coffee

Our story

 

 

“Okay, mom, I’m going,” Joon yelled.

 

“Kay’, take care of yourself,” replied his mom.

 

“Okay,” Joon said while tying his shoelaces. Just as he got onto his bicycle, Yonghwa came, speeding towards his house. “Yonghwa, what are you doing here?”

 

“Hmm? I was thinking about getting a cup of coffee before going to school, and I thought, ‘hey, maybe I’ll take Joon along, that way we can chat a bit,’,” explained Yonghwa. “So, you wanna come?”

 

Joon looked at his watch. “Hmm, I guess it is still early, so.. yeah, sure,” Joon said brightly.

 

“Great,” Yonghwa beamed. “And, don’t worry, the coffee house is on our way to school,”

 

“Right,” Joon said before getting on his bike. “Let’s go,”

 

***

 

“I’ll have a… Caffè macchiatos, please,” Yonghwa ordered.

 

“Wh-what?” Joon puzzled.

 

“Hmm? Oh, right, macchiatos is.. how do I put it.. er, it’s kind of like an espresso, but with a dash of milk in it,” Yonghwa explained.

 

“I see..,” Joon nodded. “You sure know a lot about coffee,”

 

“Well.., you come here as often as I do, you’re bound to know a thing or two,” Yonghwa waved it off. “Don’t you want to order something?”

 

“Er.. yeah, I’ll have a.. an espresso,” Joon said.

 

“Yes, sir, what kind of espresso would you like sir?” asked the cashier.

 

“Huh? Just a normal espresso would do,”

 

“Er..” the cashier looked troubled. “Excuse me sir, but-,”

 

“I’m sorry Sohee-ssi, he’ll have a mochacino,” Yonghwa interrupted.

 

“H-huh?” Joon puzzled.

 

“They don’t sell normal kind of coffees here, you have to be specific,” Yonghwa explained while leading them towards an empty table. “But the coffee here’s really good, although it is a bit pricey,”

 

“Wow.. you sure know a lot about coffee eh?” Joon said, amazed.

 

“It’s not that big a deal,” Yonghwa said simply. “So, how was it?” Yonghwa asked excitedly.

 

“How was what?”

 

“Your training with Rain-ssi, how was it?”

 

“Hmm? Ah, if you mean that guy, then there really isn’t much to say,” Joon said simply.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well, basically I just met some of his other protégé’s and he taught us things like how to dance better, singing, things like that. He told us to polish our basics first,”

 

“That’s it?”

 

“Well, yeah, what more do you want?” Joon asked.

 

“So he just taught things like that, and let you go back? That doesn’t sound very protégé like,” Yonghwa said.

 

“Well, not exactly, he told us to meet up with him every weekends after this,”

 

“I see..,” Yonghwa said.

 

Just then the waitress came over towards them, bringing their coffee. “Here you go Yonghwa-ssi,” the waitress said cutely.

 

“Ah, thanks Sohyun-ssi,” Yonghwa said.

 

“Hehe, you’re welcome,” Sohyun winked at him, before walking away.

 

Joon continued staring at her as she walked away. “You know her?” Joon asked.

 

“Hmm?” Yonghwa raised an eyebrow as he took a sip from his coffee. “Ah, she’s a part timer who works here. Since I come here regularly, sometimes we have a chat every now and then,”

 

Joon took a sip from his coffee. “She seems like she like you,” Joon said.

 

“I guess so,” Yonghwa said calmly, as he took another sip from his coffee.

 

“.., ‘I guess so’? That’s all you have to say when such a cute girl is having the hots for you?”

 

“Yup,”

 

Joon looked back at Sohyun who was now staring at the both of them from the counter with some of the other staff. “What did you say her name was again?”

 

“Sohyun,”

 

“Sohyun eh? I guess it sounds similar to Seohyun,” Joon mused. “Anyway, is it always like this?” Joon asked.

 

“Like what?” Yonghwa asked, taking another sip.

 

“Like that,” Joon motioned towards the female staffs who were ogling at Yonghwa, with his eyes.

 

Yonghwa looked back towards the group of girls who were ogling him. He flashed a smile at them and waved slightly at them. The girls jumped up and down in excitement, after Yonghwa waved at them.

 

Yonghwa turned back towards Joon. “Yeah, I guess so,” Yonghwa said calmly.

 

“Do you know the name of those other girls as well?” Joon asked.

 

“Hmm? Yeah, sure I do,” Yonghwa said. “The one on the right is MinAh,” Yonghwa said without looking back at the girls.

 

“Our right, or her right,” Joon asked.

 

“Her right,” Yonghwa replied. “The tall one on the left is UEE, she’s wearing the green apron,”

 

“Oh, she’s pretty,” Joon stated. “Do you know everyone here?”

 

“Stop staring at them, you’ll make them think like we’re talking about them,” Yonghwa said while drinking his coffee.

 

“Well, we are talking about them,” Joon said innocently.

 

“Yeah, but if they know that, they’ll think that we’re interested in them,” Yonghwa said coolly. “That’ll give them the false impression that they have a chance, and then it’ll get a lot more complicated from there..,”

 

“Complicated? Complicated how?” Joon asked.

 

“From there, they’ll start with love letters, then I’ll have to ignore them. Then comes the shy confessions, and secret gifts, which I’ll then have to reject..”

 

“So you’re saying it’ll be hard for you to reject them,”

 

“No, it’s just that, after a while it gets boring,” Yonghwa said calmly.

 

Joon stared at him in awe. “Ya, you’re really heartless, you know that?”

 

“Well, they’re just not my type,” Yonghwa said. “I mean, if they were, I might’ve played around them for a while,”

 

“When you’re in this super playboy mode, you’re like a completely a different person..,” Joon said.

 

“Heh..,” Yonghwa smirked. “Anyway, basically you haven’t changed since before you were taken in by Rain-ssi,” Yonghwa asked.

 

This time, Joon smiled slyly. “Well, I wouldn’t say that.. I might’ve gotten a few things sine then,”

 

Yonghwa raised his eyebrow curiously. “Really? Like what?”

 

“Hehe,” Joon smirked. “Yonghwa, I’d like you to meet ‘thunder’ and ‘lightning’,” Joon said as he flexed his muscles, and kissing them. “These are my babies,”

 

Yonghwa let out a small chuckle. “And here I thought you were serious,”

 

“I ‘am’ serious!” Joon insisted. “We’ve been training our abs like crazy. Rain-ssi told us that, abs are y, and right now, ‘y’ sells,” Joon said smugly.

 

Yonghwa chuckled again. “So you’re saying you’ve become a stronger?”

 

“No, no, I’m saying that I can take on anyone, even if he’s 10 times bigger than me,” Joon boasted.

 

“You do realize that if anyone’s 10 times bigger than you, they’ll be the size of a small building, right?” Yonghwa smiled.

 

“Exaggeration is also a means of expressing oneself,” Joon stated.

 

“Touché,” Yonghwa mused. “Oh? That’s rare, coming from you,” Yonghwa mused.

 

“Well, I do have my moments,” Joon said smugly.

 

At that moment their P.E. teacher, Jongkook, came inside the coffee house. “Oh? It’s Sparta-kook,” Yonghwa said when he saw him.

 

“Really? Where?” Joon asked.

 

“There,” Yonghwa pointed out. “Jongkook-ssi occasionally come here for coffee, I’d know, since I was the one that recommended this place,”

 

“I see..,” Joon nodded.

 

“Say, Joon, you think you could take on Jongkook-ssi?” Yonghwa smiled slyly.

 

“H-huh? What are you talking about? I-I can’t fight a teacher, that’s rude,” Joon said hastily.

 

“Really?” Yonghwa mused. He then stood up and waved at Jongkook. “Jongkook-ssi, good morning!” Yonghwa greeted him brightly.

 

“Oh? Yonghwa? Mornin’!” Jongkook replied brightly. “Are you having the usual today?” Jongkook asked.

 

“Yeah, macchiatos, as usual,” Yonghwa smiled.

 

“You brought a friend today? Oh? Joon! You’re back already?” Jongkook wondered.

 

“Ah, y-yes Jongkook-ssi,” Joon bowed respectively. “I just came back yesterday,”

 

“Good, good, I’m looking forward to your performance today,” Jongkook patted him on the back.

 

“Actually, Jongkook-ssi, Joon here was just talking about how he can take you on in a wrestling match easily,” Yonghwa said calmly. “Apparently, after the training with Rain-ssi, he thinks he’s strong enough to beat you,”

 

Jongkook raised an eyebrow curiously. “Really? Is that so?”

 

“AH! YONGHWA, WHAT ARE YOU JOKING ABOUT?! HAHA!” Joon laughed awkwardly. “AHAHA, YOU’RE SUCH A JOKER, HAHA. IT’S A JOKE, A JOKE, HAHA,” Joon covered up hastily.

 

“Oh? You seemed pretty serious when you said it earlier,” Yonghwa took another sip from his coffee.

 

“AHAHA, I WAS JOKING, COULDN’T YOU TELL?!” Joon said hastily. “D-DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT JONGKOOK-SSI, AHAHA,” Joon said, his hands trembling in fear.

 

“Actually, I don’t really mind,” Jongkook said earnestly. “I’d prefer it more if there’s a student who could beat me,”

 

“And die in the process,” Yonghwa said slowly, making Joon tremble even more.

 

“So how about it? You wanna have a wrestling match later during P.E.? It’s been a while since I’ve had a good workout,” Jongkook said.

 

“And face the risk of breaking every bone in your body..,” Yonghwa said slowly again, while drinking his coffee.

 

Joon’s trembling was becoming worse and worse. “Er, a-actually, I-I, ..er-,”

 

“Actually, I was just joking about what I said earlier,” Yonghwa quickly said. “And actually, Jongkook-ssi, Joon’s just came back yesterday, so I don’t think he’s ready for a wrestling match just yet,”

 

“Hmm, you’ve got a point there,” Jongkook agreed. “I guess it can’t be helped, maybe next time, eh?” Jongkook said calmly.

 

“Y-yeah, n-next time,” stuttered Joon.

 

“Okay, then, I’ll be going now, I still haven’t ordered yet,” Jongkook said. “You guys should hurry up, you don’t want to be late for school,”

 

“Yes~” Yonghwa bowed respectfully. He then sat back, facing Joon. “I didn’t know ‘thunder’ and ‘lightning’ were such cowards,”

 

“W-what?” Joon said, surprised. “Y-ya! I wasn’t s-scared, I was being respectful,” Joon exclaimed.

 

“Really? I didn’t know being respectful means you have to tremble in fear in front of someone,” Yonghwa continued to sip his coffee.

 

“T-that was..,” Joon said slowly.

 

“Uh-huh, thought so,” Yonghwa smiled slyly. “Anyway, have you finished your coffee yet? We have to get going,”

 

“Huh? What time is it?” Joon asked as he looked towards his watch. “Oh? We’re late!”

 

“Finish your drink, I’ll call for the bill,” Yonghwa said before he raised his hands up to call for the bill.

 

“Here’s the bill, Yonghwa-ssi. Since it’s you, I’ll give you a discount,” Sohee said as she handed him the bill.

 

“That’s okay, it’s my treat,” Yonghwa said to Joon, before paying the bill. “Here you go, Sohee-ssi, thanks,”

 

“Hehe, your welcome,” giggled Sohee, as she returned to her cashier.

 

“Come on, let’s go,”

 

Joon stared at him in awe. “Ya, is there any girl you can’t charm?”

 

***

 

“Alright there, Jieun-ssi, all the paperworks seems to be in order,” Jaesuk said warmly.

 

“Ah, yes, thank you, Jaesuk-ssi,” IU nodded quickly.

 

“It’s okay,” Jaesuk waved it off. “I’m the one who should be thankful since two lovely ladies suddenly got slotted into my class,” Jaesuk joked brightly.

 

“Ahaha,” IU and her friend blushed slightly.

 

“Alrite then, since it’s currently recess, you and your friend here can wander around the school for a while, I trust you’re already familiar with the school grounds?”

 

“Ah, yes, a bit,” IU nodded.

 

“Ok, then, wait for me here after recess’ over, and I’ll take you to your class, okay?”

 

“Yes~” they both bowed respectfully. “Ah, yes, Jaesuk-ssi, do you know where my friends are right now?”

 

“Hmm? You mean Kikwang-ssi and the others? Let’s see now.. I guess they’re probably at the canteen,” Jaesuk said.

 

“Oh, okay then, thank you,”

 

***