Our spy time!

Our story

 

 

*sorry for the laaatee....... update, kinda took my time thinking up ideas for the next arc, but no worries, I'll definitely update a lot faster after this. sorry!!*

 

*school bell ringing*

 

“Aish.. man, I’m bored!” Yoseob slumped down on his chair. “Min, you have any ideas?” Yoseob looked over at Min.

 

Min looked straight back at him. “What are you looking at me for?” Min asked.

 

“It can’t be helped,” Hyosung chipped in. “I guess after the festival, things just kinda died down,”

 

“But it’s already been two weeks since the festival! There’s gotta be something we can do,” whined Yoseob.

 

Kikwang, on the other hand, was slolwly drifting away into his dream world. “Ya! Wake up!” Yoseob slammed his hand on Kikwang’s table.

 

“Huh?! Wh-what happened?” Kikwang startled.

 

“I’m bored,” Yoseob whined.

 

Kikwang who was still half-asleep, couldn’t hear him properly. “Wh-what?”

 

“I said I’m bored,” Yoseob frowned.

 

Kikwang looked at him skeptically. “So?”

 

“Entertain me,”

 

“…, you know how erted that sounds?” Kikwang asked awkwardly.

 

“Whatever, I don’t care,” Yoseob continued.

 

“Are you telling me that you woke me up just to tell me this?!” Kikwang asked.

 

“…, yeah, pretty much, yeah,” Yoseob said simply.

 

“You are so dead,” Kikwang said rising up from his seat.

 

Yoseob quickly jumped up from his seat and starts running away from Kikwang. “S-soyeon! Help me out here!”

 

Soyeon just sat there, spacing out. The twins ran around the classroom, dodging and weaving between the students and tables. “Ya! Come here!” Kikwang yelled.

 

“Woah, pardon me, coming through!” Yoseob said as he slipped in between the students, hitting some of them every once in a while.

 

“Hey!” Min yelled when he hit her.

 

“Sorry!” Yoseob apologized as he jumped over a table.

 

Next, Kikwang accidentally pushed the books on Seohyun’s desk. “Ah!” Seohyun exclaimed as her books fell down on the floor.

 

“Sorry bout that,” Kikwang said as he squeezed in between two students. “Ya! Don’t run!”

 

Kikwang was slowly gaining on Yoseob, until he was eventually within an arm’s reach. “Gotcha!” Kikwang exclaimed as he managed to grab Yoseob’s shirt, causing Yoseob to slip, and pulling Kikwang down with him.

 

“Ah!” Yoseob yelled as he crashed into a desk. “Ouch..”

 

“Ah..” Kikwang said slowly, rubbing the lump on the back of his head. “Sorry about that, who’s table was it?” Kikwang asked slowly, looking around for the desk’s owner.

 

Yoseob then saw Soyeon sitting in front of.. nothing.. “Oh no..,” Yoseob said slowly.

 

Kikwang, who then realized the same thing, just sat there ashen-faced.

 

“We are so dead..,” Yoseob mumbled slowly.

 

Soyeon continued sitting there silently.

 

“It was his fault!” Kikwang quickly blamed Yoseob.

 

“What?! You were the one who pulled me!” protested Yoseob.

 

“Huh?” Soyeon said slowly. “What are you guys talking about?” Soyeon asked the twins. She then looked at her watch. “Oh? Is school finished already?” Soyeon said before packing up her things and starting to leave. “Guys, I’m going ahead, there’s something I need to do,” Soyeon said before leaving.

 

The twins just sat there, speechless at what had just happened. “…, that was weird..,” Kikwang said.

 

“…yeah..,” replied Yoseob.

 

Hyosung went over to help the twins up. “You know, now that you’ve mentioned it, Soyeon ‘has’ been spacing out a lot lately,” Hyosung said.

 

“That’s weird even for her,” Kikwang wondered.

 

“No, no, more like, that’s weird ‘because’ it’s her,” Min corrected him.

 

“Yeah, it’s not like Soyeon to be spacing out like that,” Yoseob wondered.

 

“Maybe she has something on her mind?” suggested Seohyun.

 

“Hi guys,” Yonghwa said from the classroom door with Onew. “Can I come in?”

 

“Yeah sure,” Kikwang said.

 

“What were you guys doing just now?” Onew asked.

 

“We were talking about Soyeon,” Yoseob explained. “She’s been acting weird lately,”

 

“She probably has something on her mind,” repeated Seohyun.

 

“Oh? Seohyun, didn’t notice you there,” Onew pat her on the back.

 

“Yeah, hi Onew,” Seohyun smiled.

 

Yonghwa looked at both of them annoyingly. “Will you two stop acting so close?” whined Yonghwa. “And how come he’s the only one you don’t call –ssi?”

 

Onew chuckled slightly. “I told you already didn’t I? She’s my classmate from 1st grade, of course we’re close,” Onew said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“Ehem.. Let’s not get off topic here,” Yoseob interrupted them. “We still need to figure out why Soyeon’s suddenly spacing out so much,”

 

“Hmm, that would explain why she didn’t see us on the way out,” Yonghwa said.

 

Onew suddenly had an idea. “Oh! I’ve got an idea!”

 

Kikwang smirked at him. “Are you thinking, what I’m thinking?” Kikwang asked playfully.

 

“I think I am B1,” Onew smirked back.

 

“It’s spy time!” they both said in unison.

 

“Ooh, ooh! I wanna come too!” Yoseob said excitedly.

 

“Oh no you won’t, Suzy’s coming over this evening remember? You told her you’d come over at my house,” Min said.

 

“Oh yeah, Hyosung, the study thing, can we do it tomorrow?” Kikwang asked Hyosung.

 

“Y-yeah, sure,” Hyosung said.

 

“Great,” Kikwang smiled happily.

 

“Now that you’ve mentioned it, Seohyun, can we skip today’s session?” Yonghwa asked her. “I wanna go with them,”

 

“H-huh? S-sure,” Seohyun said quickly.

 

“Nice,” Yonghwa smiled. “Oh yeah, can you tell Minhyuk and the others as well?”

 

“Yeah, sure,”

 

“Aww, come on, it’s not like this would take all night,” whined Yoseob. “We’ll do this really fast, and then I’ll be back long before Suzy gets there, ok?” Yoseob assured Min.

 

“Do you seriously think I’ll believe you?” Min asked skeptically.

 

Yoseob glanced over at Kikwang. “Psst, help me out,” Yoseob whispered.

 

“What? Why?” Kikwang said.

 

“Just do it!” Yoseob said, kicking his brother’s feet.

 

“Ouch! Ceh, fine,” Kikwang said. “Min, we definitely won’t take long, please..” Kikwang pleaded cutely.

 

Min rolled back her eyes in disbelief. “Fine, suit yourself,”

 

“Yeah!” Yoseob exclaimed.

 

“All right, come on, we’ll lose her if her if we don’t hurry,” Kikwang said excitedly, before rushing out of the class.

 

After all 4 of the boys went out, Sunhwa went over to the girls. “Looks like all three of you were stood up for the same girl,” she joked.

 

“Two, Yoseob actually stood up my cousin, not me,” Min said skeptically.

 

“That’s one way to look at it,” Hyosung said.

 

***

 

“H-hey, wait up!” Yoseob yelled.

 

“Shhh! Be quiet! You’re gonna get us all caught!” whispered Yonghwa. The boys were peeking out from a corner of a wall.

 

Yoseob was panting slightly from the running. “Did you find her?”

 

“Yeah, she’s over there, sitting on a bench,” Kikwang pointed out.

 

“Why does she keep checking her watch?” Onew asked.

 

“I don’t know, maybe she’s waiting for someone,” Yonghwa answered. He then turned towards Yoseob. “Hey, where were you just now?”

 

“Hmm? Oh right!” Yoseob said excitedly. He rummaged through his bag and took out a couple of sunglasses. “I left these under my desk earlier, so I went back to get it. This is for our disguise!”

 

“Cool! I want the birthday one!” Kikwang whispered.

 

“Ok, but I get the football one,” Yoseob said.

 

Yonghwa looked at them awkwardly. “You two serious?”

 

“Well yeah, when else are we going to wear these?” Yoseob said.

 

“I don’t know, maybe.. like.. never!” Yonghwa exclaimed. “What were you thinking, bringing sunglasses over to class in the first place?!”

 

“Here, I brought some walkie-talkies for us to use,” Onew interrupted them, taking out a pair of walkie-talkies out from his bag. “Sorry, I accidentally left out the other pair today, I don’t know what I was thinking,”

 

Kikwang took one of the walkie-talkie. “It’s okay, everyone forgets something important every once in a while,” Kikwang patted Onew on the back.

 

Yonghwa stood there, flabbergasted. “What do you mean ‘something important’! No, before that, why are you even bringing walkie-talkies to school?!”

 

The three boys looked at him with a puzzled expression. “I don’t think it’s that weird,” Kikwang said innocently.

 

“Yeah, what’s so weird about it?” puzzled Yoseob.

 

“Yonghwa, you’re acting weird..,” Onew looked at him awkwardly.

 

“I’m not! You guys are the one that’s weird!” Yonghwa insisted.

 

“It’s three against one.. you lose,” Yoseob said simply.

 

Kikwang peeked out to look at Soyeon. “Oh? Soyeon’s gone!” Kikwang exclaimed urgently.

 

“What?!” Onew exclaimed before peeking out.

 

“Ya, this is your fault, you know that?” Yoseob looked at Yonghwa accusingly.

 

“What?! No way!” protested Yonghwa.

 

“You were the one who distracted us by acting weird,” Yoseob said simply.

 

“He’s got a point there, you know,” Onew chipped in.

 

“I am not weird!” Yonghwa yelled back. “Grr! Whatever! Let’s just go and find her first,” Yonghwa fumed.

 

“Ok, let’s split up, we can cover a lot more ground that way,” Kikwang suggested.

 

“Good idea, lets form two groups, you twins go together. Yonghwa and me will form another group,”

 

“Why can’t we go by ourselves?” Yoseob asked.

 

“Idiot, we only have two walkie-talkies, of course we’d split into two groups,” Kikwang said.

 

“Oh right, I gue- ..what did you just say?” Yoseob asked.

 

“I heard him too,” Yonghwa chuckled.

 

“Did you just call me an ‘idiot’?” Yoseob asked.

 

“N-no, no, no, you heard it wrongly,” denied Kikwang. “I said, ‘period’, as in full stop, you know,”

 

“He definitely called you an idiot just now,” Onew chipped in.

 

“What?!”

 

“Ya! You wanna die?!” Yoseob fumed towards Kikwang.

 

“A-anyway, let’s focus on our mission, we should really start searching for her, we don’t have much time left,” Kikwang said hurriedly.

 

Yoseob frowned. “Fine, we’ll contact each other using this,” Yoseob held up his walkie-talkie. “Radio in if you find her,”

 

“Well, that’s kinda tough since the thing’s effective range is only 100 meters,” Yonghwa said.

 

“Really? What a bummer,” Yoseob said.

 

“Bum?” Kikwang said slowly. “Did you just call him a bum?”

 

“Wh-what? No, no, I said bummer, what a bummer!”

 

“No, you said bum!” Kikwang insisted.

 

Yonghwa chuckled slightly. “Kikwang.., let’s stop joking around,” Yonghwa said while trying to hold in his laughter.

 

“What?! I can’t say ‘idiot’, but he can call you a ‘bum’?!” Kikwang fumed.

 

“Ya! I didn’t call him a bum!”

 

“No, I definitely heard him call Yonghwa a bum,” Onew chipped in.

 

“Ya!” Yoseob yelled towards Onew.

 

Yonghwa and Kikwang were already clutching their stomachs, laughing. “Ya, ya, that’s enough.. haha,” Kikwang said. “Let’s get going,” Kikwang said before dragging Yoseob with him.

 

Onew and Yonghwa were still standing there. “Let’s get going,” Yonghwa said.

 

“Yeah, ..wanna wear these sunglasses?”

 

“You wanna know how my foot tastes in your mouth?”

 

“No,”

 

“Then drop it before I snap them in two,”

 

***

 

“Did you find her?”

 

“No, I’m gonna ask Yonghwa,” Yoseob said, before calling Yonghwa using the walkie-talkie. “Come in, bunny,”

 

“I already told you, stop using weird code names!” came Yonghwa’s voice from the device.

 

“Roger,” Yoseob said.

 

Kikwang then snatched the walkie-talkie away. “Hey, did you find Soyeon yet?” Kikwang said through the walkie-talkie.

 

“What? Sorry, it’s not clear, can you repeat that?”

 

“I said, did you find Soyeon yet?” Kikwang repeated the question.

 

“Find Soyeon? No, not yet, but she should still be in the vicinity,” Yonghwa said through the walkie-talkie.

 

“Wh-what, viginity?” Kikwang asked.

 

“I think he meant, ‘ity’,” Yoseob interrupted.

 

Kikwang looked at him weirdly. “That makes even less sense than viginity,” complained Kikwang.

 

“Then, maybe ‘vanity’?” Yoseob suggested.

 

“Vanity?” Kikwang asked. “Hey, what’s with her ‘vanity’?” Kikwang asked through the walkie-talkie.

 

“Sanity?” Yonghwa heard differently. “Did they just say sanity?” Yonghwa asked Onew.

 

“Maybe they said one of them’s going insane,” Onew answered without paying attention.

 

Yonghwa just shakes his head in annoyance. “Hey, we can’t hear you, just find her, and then call us,”

 

“Roger that,” Kikwang said.

 

“And please stop with the ‘rogers’,” Yonghwa sighed.

 

“Affirmative,” Kikwang said.

 

Yonghwa sighed slowly. “Haih.. these guys just aren’t taking this seriously enough,”

 

“Oh? Isn’t that Soyeon?” Onew pointed towards a girl who was standing in front of the library.

 

“Hmm? Yeah! That’s her!” Yonghwa said excitedly when he saw her. “It’s kind of hard to see her from here though,” Yonghwa looked around for a better hiding spot. “Oh? Let’s hide behind that car over there, we can get a better view from there,” Yonghwa pointed to a car parked in front of the library.

 

“Okay, you go first,” Onew told Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa sneaked behind the car in order to get a better view. He then motioned for Onew to follow him. Onew rushed behind the car when Soyeon looked away for a moment, so fast that he accidentally scratched the car with his ring. “Oops,” Onew whispered slowly.

 

“That’s why I told you not to wear those rings,” nagged Yonghwa. “Come on, let’s see who she’s waiting for,” Yonghwa said. Soyeon continued standing there for a while. A few minutes later, she moved inside the library.

 

“Come on, let’s follow her,” Onew said hurriedly.

 

“What? No! We’ll get caught!” Yonghwa protested.

 

“Well, if we just stay here, we can’t see who she’s meeting with, can we?” Onew said simply.

 

Yonghwa thought for a while. “You’re right, let’s go in,” Yonghwa agreed before both of them entered the library.

 

A few minutes later, Kikwang and Yoseob came from behind the library. “Ya, have you seen her yet?” Kikwang said.

 

“Nah, I can’t find Yonghwa and Onew either,” Yoseob said.

 

“Great, now we can’t find anyone,” Kikwang said. “Bunny, come in, bunny!” Kikwang called through the walkie-talkie.

 

Yonghwa jumped slightly when his walkie-talkie sounded in the library. ‘Darn it’ Yonghwa panicked before reaching for the device. “Ya! We’re in the library! Don’t call us!” Yonghwa whispered before turning off the device.

 

“Oh? That’s weird, he said he’s in the library,” Kikwang wondered. “He switched it off,”

 

“I guess, we’re on our own now,” Yoseob added. “Now where do we go?”

 

“I’m tired, let’s rest over there,” Kikwang pointed towards a nearby bench.

 

“Sure,” Yoseob agreed. After resting there for a few minutes, Kikwang saw Soyeon walking out from the library.

 

“Oh? Isn’t that Soyeon?” Kikwang pointed.

 

“Where?” Yoseob stood up hurriedly. “Oh? You’re right!”

 

“Come on, let’s go hide behind that car,” Kikwang pointed to a car parked in front of the library. The twins sneaked over behind the car. “She’s moving away, we should follow her,” Kikwang said.

 

“No wait, one of us should stay here to tell Yonghwa and Onew when they get out,” Yoseob suggested.

 

“Fine, you stay here and tell them, I’ll follow her,” Kikwang said before rushing off towards Soyeon.

 

“W-wait!” Yoseob yelled, but Kikwang was already gone. “Ceh, I’m always the one left behind like this,” Yoseob whined slowly.

 

“Ehem, excuse me, what are you doing here?” came a voice from behind him.

 

Yoseob jumped slightly when he heard the voice. He turned around and saw Principal Park standing in front of him. “P-principal!” stuttered Yoseob.

 

“Ehm, Mr?”

 

“Yoseob, my name’s Yoseob,”

 

“Ehm, Mr. Yoseob, care to tell me what you were doing crouching behind my car?”

 

“H-huh? Th-that.., uh…,”

 

“Are you peeping at girls?”

 

“N-no! That’s not it!”

 

“Are you skipping class then?”

 

“That’s not it either!”

 

“Then please, do tell what you were doing behind my ca-MY CAR!” Principal Park exclaimed as he rushed towards his car. He saw the small scratch on his car. He then stared accusingly at Yoseob.

 

“Wh-what?! It’s not me!” Yoseob defended himself.

 

“Mr. Yoseob! Come to my office tomorrow!” yelled Principal Park. “Tell your parents to meet me as well! Vandalisme will not be tolerated here! Especially, not to my car!”

 

“B-but I didn’t do it!”

 

***

 

Kikwang looked around for Soyeon. “Damn it, I lost her,” Kikwang thought out loud.

 

“You lost who?” came a girl’s voice from behind him.

 

Kikwang turned back to see who it was. Soyeon was already standing behind him. “S-soyeon! What a coincidence!” Kikwang smiled awkwardly.

 

Soyeon looked at him skeptically. “Were you guys spying on me?”

 

“What?! Whatever gave you that idea?” Kikwang said.

 

“Oh, I don’t know, the sunglasses, the walkie-talkie, lucky guess, I guess,” Soyeon said skeptically.

 

“Damn! I knew we should’ve used the masks instead,” Kikwang frowned to himself. A few minutes later, a depressed Yoseob came over to the both of them slowly. “What’s up with you?” Kikwang asked.

 

Yoseob looked at Kikwang sadly. “The principal caught me hiding behind his car,”

 

“That doesn’t sound so bad,” Soyeon said.

 

“Yeah, but he also accused me of scratching his car,” Yoseob said depressed. “Now, I have to go meet him tomorrow, and I have to bring mom as well, how am I going to explain this to her?” whined Yoseob. “I knew spying on Soyeon was a bad idea!”

 

“Oh? So you ‘were’ spying on me,” Soyeon said.

 

Yoseob who just realized Soyeon was standing there, was surprised to see her. “S-soyeon! I mean.. uh..,”

 

“That’s okay, I already heard you say you guys were spying on me,” Soyeon said simply. “I guess that includes Yonghwa and Onew too?”

 

“Y-yeah,” Kikwang said, beaten.

 

“Well, I guess you got your ‘just desserts’ for spying on me didn’t you?”

 

“Oh man, come on, help me out here!” pleaded Yoseob.

 

Soyeon looked at him skeptically for a while. “Fine.., I’ll help you out,” Soyeon said, finally.

 

“How?”

 

Soyeon looked towards Kikwang before flashing one of her signature sly smiles. “Honey! We’re getting married!” Soyeon said cutely.

 

“Huh?!”