Our music festival-part 3

Our story

 

“IU-ssi, if you could describe the performance just now with one word, which word would you choose?” Sulli asked.

 

“One word? Hmm, then I’ll choose, ‘electrifying’!” IU said excitedly.

 

“Really? Then I’ll choose ‘mind-blowing’!” replied Sulli.

 

“Aish, Sulli-ssi, that’s two words..,” IU corrected her.

 

“Really? Well, it can’t be helped then, because it really can’t be described by one word,” Sulli said. “How about you guys? Was it ‘Mind-blowing’ enough for you guys?!” Sulli asked.

 

*crowd cheering excitedly*

 

“Woah, that’s one lively crowd we have down there,” Sulli said.

 

“First and foremost, we’d like to thank all of you for making the ‘Oh My School!” annual music festival a huge success, without your support, it wouldn’t be this great,” IU said.

 

“Yup, thank you all,” added Sulli. “But, that.., IU-ssi, I know Kikwang’s currently busy preparing and all, but where did Jokwon went to?”

 

“Oh? You’re right, Jokwon-ssi’s missing too,” puzzled IU.

 

“Aish, I’m not missing,” Jokwon said from the crowd. “I’m right here in the VIP section, and with me, is ‘Oh My School!’ music legends, Rain and Se7en!” Jokwon said excitedly.

 

The crowd murmured silently, hearing the two big names.

 

“I’m sure all of you have heard of these international ‘Hallyu’ superstars. What you didn’t know though, is that between the both of them, they’ve won 4 out of the 5 ‘Oh My School!’ music festival they participated in, with them claiming the top two spots continuosly!” continued Jokwon. “Now then, Rain-hyung, what brings you here today?”

 

Rain sat up slightly. “Uh, well, we were in the neighborhood, and we thought we’d just stop by and..”

 

Se7en grabbed the mike from him. “Don’t listen to him, he’s lying. He’s been so excited waiting for this, he couldn’t stop talking about it for weeks now,” Se7en smiled.

 

*crowd laughing excitedly*

 

“Haha, Rain-hyung, you’re pretty funny,” laughed Jokwon. “Well then, what did you think of this year’s festival?”

 

Rain snatched the mike from Se7en. “You could say we’re lucky to have been born earlier,”

 

“How does that have anything to do with the festival?” asked Jokwon.


“Because, if we were to enter this year’s music festival, there’s no way we’ll win,” Rain smiled. “The level of talent these kids show today are way higher than in our days,”

 

*crowd cheering excitedly*

 

“That’s quite the compliment,” Jokwon joked. “Then, Se7en-hyung, who do you think will win this year’s music festival?”

 

Rain passed the mike to Se7en. “Well, that’s hard to say isn’t it? Especially since there’s still another 8 groups left to perform. Even if you told me to choose from the previous 24 groups, I still can’t. They’re all too amazing,” Se7en said calmly

 

“I see,” Jokwon said. “Well, thanks for spending time with us,” Jokwon thanked them.

 

“No, no, the pleasure’s ours,” replied Se7en.

 

“Back to you, Sulli-ssi,”

 

“Thank you, Jokwon-ssi,” Sulli said. “Wah, I’m so jealous of him, he gets to meet with those two stars, while we have to stand here by ourselves. Two girls, all alone..,” whined Sulli.

 

“Oh? Did I hear someone complaining about being lonely?” came a voice from backstage. “Well now, we can’t have that, now can we, Kikwang-ssi?”

 

“No, we definitely can’t. Especially not these two lovely ladies,” Kikwang answered. Then, Kikwang and Yonghwa both walked out to the stage, waving to the crowd.

 

*crowd cheering loudly*

 

“Haha, HELLO EVERYBODY!” Yonghwa yelled to the crowd.

 

*crowd cheering louder*

 

The two boys walked towards IU and Sulli. “Did someone said something about being lonely?” Yonghwa said.

 

“Wah! Yonghwa-ssi! What are you doing here?” Sulli asked surprised.

 

“Well, I watched you guys MC-ing from the crowd and I thought, ‘boy, they definitely need my help’,” teased Yonghwa.

 

“What?! No way, I thought we were MC-ing just fine,” replied IU.

 

“Really? Let’s ask the crowd about that,” Yonghwa smiled slyly. “DID YOU MISS ME?!” Yonghwa asked the crowd.

 

*crowd cheering loudly*

 

“Told you so,” Yonghwa said simply.

 

“Tch, whatever. And you, Kikwang-ssi, don’t you have a performance to get ready for?” continued Sulli.

 

“Already did. See my outfit?” Kikwang pointed towards his oufit.

 

“That’s quite the get-up,” Sulli said. “Would you mind giving us a teaser?” Sulli asked.

 

“Teaser? Hmm, would this suffice?” Kikwang said, teasing the crowd by pulling his shirt slightly upwards, revealing his toned abs.

 

*crowd cheering loudly*

 

IU face quickly turned bright red.

 

“Hey, that should be rated 18SX,” whined Yonghwa.

 

“Haha, you’re just jealous because you don’t have any,” teased Kikwang.

 

“What?! Of course I do, shortie!” retorted Yonghwa.

 

“Really? Mind showing them?” asked Kikwang.

 

Yonghwa paused for a moment. “Anyway, wah.. Sulli-ssi, this year’s festival sure is awesome,”

 

“Ya, ya, stop changing the subject,” Kikwang nagged.

 

“It’s impossible to predict the winner at this stage,” Yonghwa continued, ignoring Kikwang.

 

Sulli giggled at both their antics. “Well then Kikwang-ssi, what do you think of the performances so far?”

 

“Hmm? Me? Well.. It’s amazing,” Kikwang said. “I’ve even got myself a new crush,”

 

“R-really?” asked IU.

 

“Yeah, definitely,” Kikwang smiled confidently.

 

“Really, really?!” Sulli asked. “Could you give us a hint who she is?”

 

Kikwang thought for a moment. “Sure. She’s a SECRET,” hinted Kikwang.

 

“Aish, you said you were gonna give us a hint,” whined Sulli.

 

“I already did,” replied Kikwang.

 

“You just said she’s a secret, that’s the same as not telling,” continued Sulli.

 

“Say what you want, that’s all I can say,” Kikwang said, a smug look on his face.

 

“N-now, now.. let’s move on,” IU said hurriedly. “Yonghwa-ssi, I heard you were last years runner-up, how about this year?”

 

Yonghwa thought for a moment. “Well.., It’s hard to say.., but I’m confident of our chances. Especially since we have our ‘secret’ weapon,” Yonghwa said slyly.

 

“Is that why you changed your band name?” Kikwang asked.

 

“Yup, that’s why we changed our name to ‘CN Blue’,”

 

“Oh? Why ‘CN Blue’?” Sulli asked.

 

“It stands for ‘Code Name Blue’,” Yonghwa smiled.

 

“Well then, I guess we can look forward to that,” Kikwang said excitedly. “Now then, for the 4th and final group of the day, a team of 1st years comprised of 4 a-type, blood group, and 1 b-type, ‘B1A4’,”

 

“Our MC’s group, Bl-east, and the indie band who has their own show at ‘Club Escapade’, CN Blue!” continued IU.

 

“Finally, time for our veteran singers to show what they’re made off, ‘Big Bang’, ‘KARA’, ‘B.E.G’, ‘SISTAR’, and lastly ‘2NE1’!” Yonghwa announced.

 

“Music.. Start!”

 

***

 

“..even got myself a new crush,” the words were still ringing in Hyosung’s ear. ‘He already have a crush..?’ thought Hyosung.

 

“Hyosung, why do you look so down?” Sunhwa asked.

 

“Huh? N-nothing,” Hyosung said slowly. “Shh, I wanna hear what they’re saying,” Hyosung forced a smile.

 

***

 

“Okay boys, this is it. Once those 1st years finish, we’re up,” Soyeon said coolly. “Do your best, I trust you,” Soyeon said, patting Yoseob on the back.

 

“Easy for you to say, you’re not the one standing up there on the stage,” retorted Yoseob.

 

“I know,” Soyeon smiled slyly.

 

“Okay, guys, get up there,” said the technician.

 

“Okay, okay, go, go, go,” Soyeon pushed the boys out to the stage.

 

***

 

“Hyosung!” Min yelled amongst the crowd, waving her hands.

 

“Min! Suzy! Sorry, we didn’t get to watch your performance,” Hyosung apologized.

 

“Nah, it’s okay, we saw you guys getting off the stage earlier,” Suzy assured her.

 

“We saw you guys too!” Sunhwa said excitedly. “But you guys looked so focused, we didn’t want to disturb you,”

 

“Focused? Haha, more like nervous! I felt like I had a whole nest of butterflies in my stomach,” joked Min. “By the way, did Soyeon pass you my camcorder?”

 

“Hmm? No,” answered Hyosung.

 

“Ah, I guess they must’ve kept with them. Then I won’t get to watch the whole show,” whined Min.

 

“Oh, oh, it’s them,” Sunhwa said excitedly.

 

“Yeah,” Hyosung said as he watched the boys get ready. “Wow, they really look a lot cooler than usual,”

 

“Wonder what song will they sing,” Suzy said.

 

“Shh, it’s starting,” Zinger said.

 

***

(1st song)

 

Ha Let me talk about my

 

At your cold back turned away from me, its like time just froze for a second
In my white, blank mind, I need to hold on to you, no I need to send you away
Oh Living on forgetting you, Crying because I couldn’t forget you
They say I should just leave it to be, I’m not too sure myself

 

(Breathe Breathe)

 

I want to forget, if you turn away from me I don’t want to hold on to you again
Words from you telling me to think about this over and over again
I don’t want to ponder over that anymore, now I want to throw you away

 

Don’t go, don’t leave me, thinking many times over again
I think it will be hard for me to forget
I don’t think I can forget you

 

I can’t take my breath breath breath
As time passes by, as more time passes by Oh
No longer I can’t hold my breath breath breath
As more time trickles by, my breath starts to suffocate me, My breath Yeah

 

Breath in breath out ha ha
Breath in breath out ha ha
Breath in breath out ha ha
Breath in breath out ha ha

 

I want to erase, there is no longer a space for you, no place for you to return
If you come closer to me, I think I will go further away from you
Can you move out of the way now? I want to throw you away

 

Stop, don’t try to turn back, thinking many times over again
I think it will be really bad to erase you, I will really go crazy

 

I can’t take my breath breath breath
As time passes by, as more time passes by Oh
No longer I can’t hold my breath breath breath
As more time trickles by, my breath starts to suffocate me, My breath Yeah

 

Breath in breath out ha ha
Breath in breath out ha ha
Breath in breath out ha ha
Breath in breath out ha ha

 

I don’t know~
I don’t know yeah~

 

Yes or No The night with lights asleep, the room with lights turned off, my tangled up thoughts of you
Doesn’t untangle, What do I have to blame to make myself feel a little bit better?
Was this deep love a sin? They say I should just leave it to be, huh, I’m not too sure myself

 

(2nd song)

 

Now Game is Over
no longer again can you block me
sadness is also Over I don’t even have time to be in pain
Baby tell me Why
the pretty smile is not mine
Why don’t you tell me why
If only I can get you back
I will again

Try-y-y-y-(Try) No matter how many times I bump
Try-y-y-y-(Try) even if it becomes my last time
My closed heart and my hidden love
it can no longer be patient
Try, Try even if I forget you and forget you
Try, Try even if it rips my chest and rips
Bye, Bye
But, Give me, Give me one mo’ try
Try-y-y-y- Try-y-y-y-

It’s getting closer

I feel if when the time gets closer
sadness is also Over even the black pains in my heart
Baby tell me Why
The lips that I wanted so badly
Why don’t you tell me why
you had to speak of separation
But, I will

Try-y-y-y-(Try) No matter how many times I bump
Try-y-y-y-(Try) even if it becomes my last time
My closed heart and my hidden love
it can no longer be patient
Try, Try even if I forget you and forget you
Try, Try even if it rips my chest and rips
Bye, Bye
But, Give me, Give me one mo’ try
Try-y-y-y- Try-y-y-y-

Even if I fall again
Even if I can see the ending obviously
All the lie that you spit out
Even if I trusted all of those
You fired me up filled the anger in my eyes
I’ll be on second round
this is another fight that’s started
Again I

Try-y-y-y-(Try) No matter how many times I bump
Try-y-y-y-(Try) even if it becomes my last time
My closed heart and my hidden love
it can no longer be patient
Try, Try even if I forget you and forget you
Try, Try even if it rips my chest and rips
Bye, Bye
But, Give me, Give me one mo’ try
Try-y-y-y- Try-y-y-y-

 

***

 

“Cool..,”

 

“Woah..,”

 

“Amazing..,”

 

“Argh! Why must they be so good!” whined Sunhwa. “There goes our chance of winning,”

 

“It’s amazing how they could still sing so well even though all of the dances were so fast tempo,” Jieun said.

 

Hyosung thought for moment. “Well, we still have a chance,” Hyosung said. “You never know what will happen,”

 

“Yeah, now all that’s left is Yonghwa’s group,” Sunhwa said.

 

“I wonder who’s the new member he kept hinting about,” Zinger thought.

 

“Oh? He was hinting at a new member?” asked Suzy.

 

“Yeah, apparently, it’s his ‘secret’ weapon,” Hyosung said.

 

“Shh, shut up, they’re on stage,” Min said excitedly.

 

***

 

“Yeah! That was great!” Yoseob said excitedly.

 

“It was okay I guess,” Kikwang said smiling.

 

“Okay? We aced it!” Joon said excitedly.

 

“Great job guys!” Soyeon congratulated them. “You did great,”

 

“Thanks,” Kikwang beamed brightly. “Who’s next?”

 

“Us,” Yonghwa said as he passed by the twins. Seohyun was walking next to him.

 

The boys stood there gaping. “S-seohyun?”

 

Yonghwa smiled smugly at them. “Surprising isn’t it?”

 

“Nah, I figured out as much,” Soyeon said calmly.

 

“H-hi guys,” Seohyun greeted them. “I’m sorry, but we have to go,”

 

“Y-yeah, good luck,” Yoseob said slowly.

 

***

 

“Who’s that?” Min asked.

 

“Who?” replied Sunhwa.

 

“That, the girl next to Yonghwa,” Min pointed at the girl. “That looks like.. No way..”

 

“Ya, isn’t that Seohyun?!” Hyosung said, surprised.

 

“Seriously?!” Sunhwa exclaimed. “Wow, who would’ve thought that shy ‘Seohyun’ would enter as well,”

 

“So that’s why we haven’t been seeing her,” Min thought. “Wow, she’s singing ‘Lucky’ really, really well. Never knew she could sing so well,”

 

“Yeah,” Hyosung said.

 

***

 

‘..Lucky to be coming home someday,

 

Ooh ooh ooh

Ooh ooh ooh~’

 

After finishing the first song, Yonghwa walked up to the mike. “Hello everyone, I’m Yonghwa and we’re CN Blue,”

 

*crowd cheering loudly*

 

“Today, we’d like to introduce to you guys, our new member, Seohyun,” Yonghwa said, looking at Seohyun. “She’s a new member, and she’s still learning the ropes, so please give her lots of love as well,” Yonghwa said smiling.

 

*crowd cheering loudly*

 

“Now then, this next song is special because it is partly composed by me and our new member, Seohyun here,” Yonghwa pointed at Seohyun. “The title is, ‘Run Devil Run’.So please, enjoy the song,”

 

***

 

Do it right. You’re really a bad boy, only having curiosity rather than love.
Because of you, I’ve been fooled the entire time.

You’re no fun, you have no manners. You’re a devil, devil you are.

So many men that are in your phone are girls with only one letter changed.
The perfume smell that’s sickening to my nose, tell me whose it is.

You didn’t fix that terrible habit of seeing people behind my back?
No matter how much you run, you’re still in my hands.

You better run run run run run
I can’t see this anymore, so I’m going to reject him.
You better run run run run run
Even if he hangs on to me, I’ll just ignore Hey
On the day that I become a great person, I’ll get my revenge. Don’t forget.
You better run run run run run
You better run run run run run

You got caught, you teased me. Run devil devil run run
Even when you’re by my side, you always look at other girls.
When I’m not there, you’re a super playboy. Lift your head up and answer me.
You’re no fun, you have no manners. You’re a devil, devil you are.

There is no one like me. I’m disappointed that you tried to trick me.
I’m much better than all of them. What are you going to be if you keep acting like that?
(I told you not to fool around) I told you to do well while I loved you.

You better run run run run run
You better run run run run run

I can’t stand seeing you anymore. I’ll kick you away.
You better run run run run run
You better run run run run run
Even if you grab a hold of me, I’ll ignore you Hey
I’ll get my revenge when I become a greater person, don’t you forget it
You better run run run run run
You better run run run run run

Half of the world are men, it makes no difference if you’re gone.
I’m going to wait by myself for a guy who will only look at me.

 

***

 

“You know, all jokes aside, this song, doesn’t it feels like it’s aimed at Yonghwa?” Kikwang mused.

 

“Yeah, but if you think about it, Seohyun’s never had a boyfriend, so it’s impossible for her to know that much about playboys,” Yoseob thought.

 

“I guess Yonghwa must’ve helped her with some of the lyrics then,” Soyeon concluded.

 

“Playboy huh? Figures. It takes one to know one,” Kikwang joked.