Our music festival-final

Our story

 

“Soyeon! Over here!” Yoseob waved his hand frantically at Soyeon.

 

Soyeon slowly walked over to the group with Yonghwa piggy-backing Seohyun, right behind her. “Hi guys,”

 

“What’s with Seohyun-ssi? Is she hurt?” Suzy asked out of concern.

 

Soyeon gave the pair a glance before turning back towards Suzy. “She tripped herself in the toilet, and twisted her ankle,” Soyeon said simply.

 

“No way, seriously?” Hyosung said in disbelief. “You even have a bruise over here,” Hyosung looked at the slight bruise on the side of her forehead. “Here, let’s patch that up,” Hyosung said, taking out a band-aid from her wallet.

 

“Oh? Hyosung, I didn’t know you kept band-aids in your wallet,” Yoseob mused. “Haha, you’re just like Kiki,”

 

Hyosung blushed slightly. “I just thought I’d bring it in case of emergency,” Hyosung said, applying the band-aid on Seohyun.

 

“How could you trip yourself in the toilet, and bruise your forehead?” wondered Joon. “Did you hit the counter or something?”

 

“Y-yeah,” Seohyun said slowly.

 

“Ouch.. that’s gotta hurt,” Joon winced.

 

“Yeah well, you’re lucky it’s not deep,” Min said quickly. “Hey, Yoseob, go and get her a chair, faster!” Min ordered him urgently.

 

Yoseob opened his mouth to retaliate, but he took another glance at Seohyun and walked away silently.

 

“Ah, Yoseob-ssi, it’s okay, you don’t have to,” Seohyun said hurriedly.

 

“No, Min’s right, you can’t stand up, not with a twisted ankle,” Yoseob said simply.

 

Seohyun was touched that her friends cared so much for her. “Thanks guys,”

 

“Yeah, and in case no one noticed me, I can’t carry her forever you know,” Yonghwa joked. “Aigoo, Seohyun-ssi, you really should cut down on the snacks,”

 

Seohyun blushed and chuckled slightly hearing Yonghwa’s joke.

 

“And you should work out more,” Soyeon said to Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa smirked slightly. “Witty aren’t you?” Yonghwa said to Soyeon.

 

“I try,”

 

***

 

“I am the best!” Jokwon exclaimed.

 

“…, Jokwon-ssi, are you alright?” Kikwang asked.

 

Jokwon sighed. “Haih, Kikwang-ssi, I’m talking about 2NE1’s performance just now, you know, ‘I am the best!’?”

 

“No, no, I get that part, what I don’t get is why did you have to do it in such an embarrassing way?” Kikwang said innocently.

 

“Haha, Kikwang-ssi, that’s just how he normally is,” laughed Sulli.

 

“Now, now, calm down Sulli-ssi,” IU said. “But, that, wah.. Kikwang-ssi, your performance just now was really great. It’s really hard to believe that this was your first performance..,” IU said excitedly.

 

“Ah, thank you,” Kikwang bowed to the crowd.

 

“Yeah, I really love that hand thing that you guys did during the Breathe chorus, can you show it to us again?” Sulli said.

 

“You mean this?” Kikwang danced the chorus part, ending it with a jump.

 

*crowd cheering loudly*

 

“Ah, thank you, thank you!” Kikwang bowed to the crowd again.

 

“Wah, you’re really incredible,” Jokwon exclaimed.

 

“Ah, thank you,” Kikwang smiled shyly. “But, Jokwon-ssi, you know what’s even more amazing?”

 

“Hmm? What is it?”

 

“Even though we’re already reaching the end of this year’s festival, the crowd is still as energetic as ever!” Kikwang exclaimed, working up the crowd.

 

*crowd cheering loudly*

 

“Wah, you’re right Kikwang-ssi,” Jokwon said. “Their energy is still the same as when we started!”

 

“But sadly, all good things must come to an end..,” Sulli said dissapointedly. “Just as Kikwang said, we’re already approaching the last performance for today,”

 

“Exactly, How is it that time flies so quickly?” IU asked Sulli.

 

“Could it be because.. the lovely IU..” Sulli said.

 

“And the cute Sulli are with you?” IU added.

 

“Well.., I guess you ‘could’ say it’s fun having you two around..,” Jokwon said slowly.

 

“But.. we don’t like you THAT much,” Kikwang said strongly.

 

“I’m sorry to say this, but if you want to see Sulli and I again, you’re going to have to wait for another whole year..,” IU said towards the boys.

 

“That’s right, even though it’ll be hard for you to bear the absence of Sulli and IU, just be patient!” Sulli added in a cute tone.

 

“What to do..?” Jokwon sighed.

 

“Ya, Jo kwon, I think these two have a serious case of the ‘princess disease’,” Kikwang said worriedly.

 

“Kikwang, I’m feeling embarrassed for them,” Jokwon shook his head.

 

“You two might pretend it isn’t so, but we’re well aware that you’ve fallen head over heels for us,” Sulli said, looking at IU.

 

“That’s right,” IU nodded her head in agreement.

 

“Aish, before you two become any more delusional, let’s hurry and introduce this year’s last and final performance,” Kikwang said hurriedly.

 

“Right, now then, since all the participating groups have already performed.. It’s time for the audiences votes to be tallied. In the meantime, it’s time for the one you’ve all been waiting for!” Jokwon said excitedly.

 

“For this year’s special performance, we proudly present to you..,” IU announced.

 

“The ‘Return of the Kings’ special stage!” Sulli exclaimed.

 

“U-know! Hero! Xiah! Micky! And Max!” Jokwon announced.

 

“TVXQ!!” the MC’s exclaimed together.

 

***

 

“They’re here,” Yonghwa turned to the stage, looking serious.

 

“Hmm? Who?” Suzy asked.

 

“TVXQ,” Min said excitedly, eyes glued to the stage.

 

“Who’s that?” Seohyun asked innocently.

 

“You guys don’t know them because you’re new,” Soyeon explained. “They’re last year’s winners,”

 

“Oh? So I guess they’re the ones that beat Yonghwa last year,” Yoseob said. “They don’t look so hot..,” Yoseob said skeptically.

 

“Did you lose by a lot, Yonghwa-ssi?” Seohyun asked.

 

“50,” Yonghwa said.

 

“50 votes? Man, that’s so close!” Yoseob chuckled by himself.

 

“50%,” Yonghwa added. “We lost by a margin of 50%,”

 

Yoseob choked when he heard it. “fif-fifty percent?”

 

“Yeah, they crushed us 73% to 21% last year,” Yonghwa said grimly.

 

“R-really?” Seohyun said in awe. “Are they that great?”

 

“Better,” Yonghwa said.

 

***

 

“Alright everyone, your votes have been tallied, and the results are out,” Jokwon said, holding up the card with the results. “IU-ssi, would you like to do the honours?”

 

“Sure,” IU said, opening the card. “Oh? This is a pleasant surprise,” IU said slowly.

 

“Why? Why?” Kikwang asked.

 

Sulli took a peek at the card. “For now, we’ll announce the top two teams for this year’s festival,” Sulli said. “Kikwang-ssi, could you please kindly stand over there,” Sulli pointed at the front of the stage.

 

“What? Why?” Kikwang asked, confused.

 

“Because, for this year’s festival, the top two teams are ‘CN BLUE’ and ‘BL-EAST’!” Sulli announced loudly.

 

“This is the first time ever in the history of ‘Oh My School!’ music festival, that two new teams secured the top two spots,” Jokwon added. “CN BLUE is technically considered as a new band, because this is their first time entering the festival under the name,”

 

*crowd cheering loudly*

 

Kikwang stood there, gaping in awe. Joon and Yoseob both couldn’t believe their ears and stood there blankly, before Soyeon dragged all three of them to the front of the stage.

 

Yonghwa patted Seohyun on the back. “Come on, let’s go,” Yonghwa said to Seohyun.

 

“No, I can’t go on stage like this,” Seohyun said, pointing to her ankle.

 

Yonghwa smirked at her before lifting her up in his arms and carrying her over on to the stage. “We’re all in this together, no one gets left behind,” Yonghwa whispered into her ear, making Seohyun blush.

 

“Now then, it seems like this year’s festival is pretty close,” IU said.

 

“Yeah, I agree, let’s ask the crowd what they think,” Jokwon announced. “Who do you want to choose as the winner?! Is it ‘BL-EAST’?!” Jokwon asked the crowd.

 

*crowd cheering loudly*

 

“Or would you prefer ‘CN BLUE’?!”

 

*crowd cheering loudly*

 

“Wah.. it sounds like the cheers are the same for them both,” IU mused.

 

“You’re right IU-ssi, it seems like the crowd are getting excited already,” Sulli said. “We better reveal the results, and fast. Otherwise, we might have a full blown riot on our hand,”

 

“Would you like to know the results?!” Jokwon asked the crowd.

 

*crowd cheering loudly*

 

“The winner of the ‘Oh My School!” 27th annual music festival, is..” IU said, pausing for the dramatic effect.

 

“CN BLUE!!” the MC’s announced together. “CONGRATULATIONS!”

 

Yonghwa mouth hung open in disbelief. All the other participants came over to give him and his band mates a congratulatory hug, starting with the twins. The girls were hugging Seohyun and shaking her hands. For the moment, she forgot all about the pain on her ankle.

 

“Garnering a total of 33% votes, they won over our new MC with a difference of 7%,” continued Jokwon. “Third place goes to the joint-school group, 2PM, with 22% votes, congratulations all of you,”

 

“Please give a few words as our new champion,” Sulli said passing the mike to Yonghwa.

 

“Um.. well.. I’m really speechless about this, Haha,” Yonghwa laughed awkwardly. “Uh.., thanks to our families.. and.. friends who have supported us and believed in us all this while,” Yonghwa paused for a while. “And, uh.. thanks to our fans for their loyal support.. I’m really at a loss for words,” Yonghwa smiled happily.

 

“Thank you, Yonghwa-ssi. How about a few words from the new member?” IU said, passing her mike towards Seohyun.

 

“Uhm, I.. I would like to say thank you to all my friends out there, and all the people who voted for us,” Seohyun bowed to the crowd. “Most importantly I’d like to thank Yonghwa-ssi, for helping me with singing and music. Uh.. We promise we’ll continue to do our best from now on,” Seohyun.

 

“There we have it folks, from our winner ‘CN BLUE’, who’ve won an ‘exemption’ from any school related activities for a whole year, congratulations!” Jokwon said, handing a huge voucher towards Minhyuk.

 

“To all the other participants in this year’s festival, congratulations and thank you for brightening this year’s festival with your musical talents. That’s all from us for today, see you guys next year,” Jokwon announced.

 

“Your.. Music.. Energy! Live! Goodbye!” exclaimed the MC’s together.

 

***