Our diswashing job

Our story

 

*ehem.. sorry for leaving this untouched for a while, got caught up in the holidays, so here you go, just for fun*

 

*scrub, scrub*

 

“Haih.. this is so not worth it..,” Yoseob sighed.

 

“Haih.. guess mom’s gonna be spending her birthday alone today..,” sighed Kikwang.

 

Min smacked him right on the back of his head. “Drop it, your mom’s birthday already passed,”

 

“It could’ve been her 41st and 3 months birthday, you know,” Yoseob said slowly.

 

Kikwang rubbed the back of his head. “Oh? Min! You got soap all over my hair!”

 

“Ah! Sorry! I’m really, really sorry!” Min said quickly, before taking a handful of foam and massaging it on Kikwang’s hair.

 

“Y-ya! Get off me!” Kikwang shrugged off Min.

 

“Ya! Stop playing around!” yelled the female manager. “It’s because of kids like you that people look down on us! Do your job properly!”

 

“Yes~” they all said in unison. The manager left them and went back to the counter.

 

“Haih.. Soyeon didn’t even come back..,” Hyosung said slowly.

 

“Yeah, well, she’s Soyeon, what did you expect,” Min said slowly.

 

“Ceh.. I’m really starting to regret coming back,” Joon said thoughtlessly.

 

“R-really?” IU said in disappointment. “I’m really sorry guys.. It’s my fault after all,”

 

Onew elbowed Joon hard on his ribs. “Ack!” Joon doubled over in pain.

 

“Ahaha, what are you saying IU-ssi? Did you really think we’d leave you just like that?” Onew said, laughing. “Joon was just joking earlier, right?” Onew stared at him intensely.

 

“Y-yeah, just joking,” Joon smiled, still clutching his ribs in pain.

 

IU smiled brightly. “Really?! Hehehe,” giggled IU. “Thanks guys for coming back for me, I really can’t imagine it if I’m the only one doing dishes like this,”

 

“Don’t mention it, of course we’d come back for you, we’re friends right?” Hyosung said warmly.

 

“Yeah.. thanks,” IU smiled happily.

 

“But truthfully.. we were expecting you to have already paid the bill when we went back,” Min said.

 

Seohyun looked at them with droopy eyes. “Haih.. if only I brought my purse today.. All this woudn’t have happened,” Seohyun pouted her lips.

 

“Oh? I didn’t thought about that..” mused Onew. “Hmm.. guess you’re right, here think of this as redemption,” Onew handed her a huge amount of plates from his basin.

 

Seohyun looked at him in surprise. “Onew, are you serious?” Seohyun asked in disbelief.

 

“Onew, what are you doing?” protested Hyosung. “You can’t give her your plates like that!”

 

“Yeah! You can’t give her your plates like that!” Kikwang said quickly, before coming over to Seohyun with some of his plates. “I mean, she’s not so guilty as to get this much plates,” Kikwang nagged, while taking the plates Onew gave to Seohyun, back to him. “I think a small amount like this should suffice,” Kikwang smiled, putting some of his plates inside her basin full of foam.

 

“Kikwang-ssi!” Seohyun exclaimed in anger.

 

“Ahaha, I was just joking,” Kikwang laughed brightly, before taking out a single plate from her basin.

 

“Kikwang-ssi!!”

 

“Ahaha, sorry, sorry, just joking,” Kikwang laughed, before taking out another plate from her basin and rushing back towards his basin.

 

“Kikwang-ssi! Take these back!” Seohyun held up the other plates Kikwang left in her basin.

 

“Now that I think about it, how come we all didn’t have money to pay for the bill?” Joon asked.

 

“Well, we spend our money on your party earlier remember?” answered Hyosung.

 

“Oh yeah..,” Joon realized.

 

“Haha, isn’t it funny? The one time all of us didn’t have any money, is the one time we just happened to overspend over here,” Yoseob chuckled. All of his friends glared at him. “W-What?”

 

“You think this is funny?!” Min asked furiously. “Here take this, you deserve it,” Min dropped her plates inside his basin.

 

Yoseob blinked at her, puzzled. Kikwang quickly sneaked in a few of his plates inside Yoseob’s basin.

 

“Yeah, have some from me too,” Onew quickly went and dropped some of his plates.

 

“Sorry Yoseob, Min’s right,” IU went and gave him several of her plates.

 

“W-what?!” Yoseob looked at them in disbelief. Kikwang sneakily dropped his plates inside Yoseob’s basin again.

 

“I can’t believe you could be so tactless..,” Hyosung looked at him disappointedly, before dropping her plates inside his basin.

 

“You cracked the wrong joke, at the wrong time..,” Seohyun said slowly, handing him her plates.

 

“Wait a minute! That doesn’t mean you guys should treat me like this!” protested Yoseob. Kikwang slowly sneaked a few of his plates into Yoseob’s share, while Yoseob was distracted.

 

“Oh? Then can I give him some of my plates?” Joon asked.

 

“Yeah.. he deserves it..,” Hyosung nodded her head. Joon quickly handed Yoseob some of his plates.

 

“Ya!” exclaimed Yoseob.

 

“Guys, I know he did wrong.. but at least have some mercy..,” Kikwang said slowly. “I don’t think we should give him so much of our plates.. one plate is enough right?” Kikwang pat Yoseob’s shoulder, holding a plate in his other hand.

 

Yoseob frowned at Kikwang. “Ceh.. fine, one plate’s okay I guess..,” Yoseob took Kikwang’s plate from his hands.

 

“Thanks,” Kikwang pat Yoseob on the back, before returning to his basin. “Yay! I’m finished!” Kikwang exclaimed happily.

 

“What?!” Joon and Yoseob exclaimed in unison.

 

“You two are real idiots.. aren’t you?” Min shook her head in disbelief.

 

“What’s all the commotion about?” Yonghwa said as he entered the kitchen.

 

“Ya! You traitor! Don’t talk to me!” Kikwang quickly exclaimed.

 

“…what are you talking about?” Yonghwa asked.

 

“Still pretending?! You left us here to wash the dishes while you went to work at the counter! Traitor!” Yoseob retorted.

 

“…how’s that got anything to do with betraying you?” Yonghwa asked skeptically. “I can’t help it if the manager suddenly asks me to go work at the counter,”

 

“You could’ve refuse her and stayed here with us!” Onew quickly added.

 

Yonghwa looked at them skeptically. “Ya, stop complaining, you brought this on yourself,”

 

“No, you betrayed me, our 20 years of friendship, when you didn’t pick me earlier..,” Kikwang said dramatically.

 

Yonghwa blinked a few times. “We’re 17, and I’ve known you for 12 years,” Yonghwa said. “And what did you expect? Eunjung-ssi just got to know us today, I can’t let her do dishes on her first day,”

 

“What’s all this commotion about me?” Eunjung suddenly came in, in her apron.

 

Kikwang looked at the pair. “I understand that..,” Kikwang said dramatically. “But I also want you to understand that by doing so, you have deprived me.. of one of life’s greatest pleasure..,”

 

“Oh boy.. here we go again..,” Yonghwa rolled back his eyes.

 

“What do you mean?” Eunjung asked Kikwang.

 

Kikwang looked at her, a glint of determination in his eyes. “The opportunity to Flirt!! With Young!! Teenage!! Girl customers!!” Kikwang exclaimed loudly. Two pairs of hands quickly grabbed his head and drowned him in his basin.

 

“This won’t do, this won’t do at all,” Hyosung shakes her head, while drowning him.

 

“Looks like we have to clean his head from these dirty thoughts, right Hyosung-ssi?” IU asked Hyosung.

 

“Yup,” Hyosung said, as she hung on to the wriggling Kikwang.

 

“Hehe, I guess being a cashier isn’t so bad after all..,” Yoseob said to himself. Next thing he know, his head was in his basin.

 

“Ya, y Seobie, you’re thinking up erted things again aren’t you,” Min said as he pushed Yoseob’s head into his basin with her legs.

 

Yoseob managed to wriggle free from Min’s legs. “Ya! You trying to kill me?!” Yoseob yelled. Min quickly pushed his head back down with her legs.

 

Eunjung looked at them weirdly, before giggling at their antics.

 

Onew smiled at her. “They’re a fun bunch, right?”

 

Eunjung nodded her head.

 

“Don’t worry Eunjung-ssi, they’re not always like this,” Seohyun assured her. “They act normal too.., sometimes,”

 

Yonghwa smiled brightly at his friends. “Oh yeah, almost forgot,” Yonghwa took out his phone. “Guys, smile,” Yonghwa said, before taking a picture of them.

 

“What was that for?” Joon asked.

 

“Hmm? Actually, Simon D, came by earlier. Sunhwa also came by before that,” Yonghwa recalled. “I told them you guys were working as dishwashers back here, so they told me to take a picture of you guys,” Yonghwa said simply.

 

“What?!” they all exclaimed in unison.

 

“You can’t show this at school!” IU whined, Kikwang still in her grasp. “My image would be ruined!”

 

“Yeah, I thought so too,” chuckled Yonghwa.

 

“Then delete it!” Min said, still stepping on Yoseob.

 

“No, I think I’ll keep this in my personal album,” Yonghwa smiled.

 

“You can’t!” they all exclaimed in unison.

 

“Will you kids pipe down!” yelled the manager. “Stop playing aro- oh, Yonghwa-ssi, hehe,” flustered the manager. “I didn’t mean you, you’re doing a great job,”

 

“Ah, thanks,” Yonghwa thanked the manager. “I guess it’s time I go back to the counter then,” Yonghwa said.

 

“Ah, yes,” said the manager, before leaving them.

 

“Damn, you’re good,” Onew said to Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa smiled slightly. “Come on, Eunjung-ssi, let’s go back,” Yonghwa said, before starting to leave.

“Ah, yes,” Eunjung nodded. “Um, guys, I think Yoseob and Kikwang already drowned.. they’re not struggling anymore,” Eunjung pointed at the twins.

 

“Oh no! I totally forgot!” IU said before quickly pulling Kikwang out.

 

“Are you okay? Kikwang? Kikwang?” Hyosung asked, concerned.

 

“He’s not waking up..,” IU said slowly. “Maybe.. if we do CPR..,”

 

“What?!” Hyosung let out in surprise.

 

“I’ll do it,” IU quickly said, grabbing Kikwang.

 

“No way!” Hyosung quickly stopped her.

 

“Then, how do we wake him up?” IU asked her urgently.

 

“Ah.. uh..,” Hyosung thought for a while. She then grabbed Kikwang by the shoulders, and quickly shook him vigorously. “Kikwang! Wake up! Kikwang!” she exclaimed as she shook him, hitting his head on the floor in the process.

 

Min quickly yanked out Yoseob’s head. “Ya, had enough?”

 

“D…di..e..,” Yoseob slowly managed.

 

Min quickly pushed his head back into the basin. “He’s okay,” Min put showed a thumbs up.

 

***

 

*door opening*

 

“Excuse me, can I order a strawberry smoothie, please,”

 

Yonghwa was crouching to pick up a spoon. “Sorry miss, I’ll be with you in a moment,”

 

“That’s okay,”

 

“Okay, now then, miss, wh-,” Yonghwa stopped asking.

 

“Hmm? Are you okay?”

 

Yonghwa grits his teeth, and forced out a smile. “Say, haven’t I seen you somewhere?”

 

“Hmm? No, I don’t think so,” replied the girl. “Are you trying to pick me up? I’m sorry, I have a religion,” replied the girl wittily.

 

“No, you definitely look like a friend of mine. Soyeon, do you know her?” asked Yonghwa.

 

“Soyeon? Nope, never heard of her. She must be a really beautiful girl then, for you to think of her while you’re working like this,” Soyeon replied simply.

 

Yonghwa continue gritting his teeth to restrain himself. “Oh, I’m thinking of her alright, It’s almost like I’m seeing her right in front of me,” Yonghwa said through gritted teeth.

 

“What’s wrong with your teeth? Do you have Tetanus?” asked Soyeon sarcastically. “Anyway, my strawberry smoothie, please,”

 

Yonghwa forced a smile out. “Of course, one strawberry smoothie coming right up,”

 

“Oh yeah, since you’re so ‘hot’, I’ll wait for you and your friends to finish up your shift before leaving, happy?” Soyeon asked sarcastically.

 

Yonghwa smiled slightly. “Yeah, that would be great,”