Our walk back home-part 3

Our story

 

“Evening,” Yoseob said as his head popped into the teacher’s office.

 

“Oh? Yoseob!” exclaimed Bongsun. “You ready to go?”

 

“Actually, no,” Yoseob shook his head. “Kiki can’t come today,” Yoseob said, pouting his mouth.

 

“Why?”

 

“He has to accompany Hyosung back home,” whined Yoseob.

 

“Haih.., that boy is too nice for his own good,” sighed Bongsun. “You wanna go without him?”

 

Yoseob shook his head. “No, he’d kill me if I did,” joked Yoseob.

 

“Aish, you brothers are so nice to each other, I’m getting jealous,” joked Bongsun. “I’m going to go home now, you wanna hitch a ride home?”

 

“Nah, I can’t leave my bike here,”

 

“Okay then, send my regards to your mom,” Bongsun said before leaving.

 

“Will do,” Yoseob said as he waved her goodbye. He then turned to leave, but saw a girl staring at him from a distance. Yoseob raised his hands as hello. The girl then slowly walked over towards him.

 

“Uhm, excuse me, are you a student here?” asked the girl.

 

“Uhm, am I? That would explain the uniform..” joked Yoseob.

 

The girl stared at him blankly. “Do you know a girl named Min? She has a short bob-style hair, kinda short..”

 

“Round-shaped face, eats a lot, likes to smack other people?” Yoseob interrupted.

 

“Yeah! That’s her!” exclaimed the girl.

 

“Well, can’t say that I don’t know her, why?” Yoseob asked.

 

“I’m sorry but do you have her phone number?” asked the girl. “I’ve been trying to call her, but I can’t seem to reach her. I was wondering if she changed her number,” explained the girl.

 

“Yeah sure, here you go,” Yoseob said before giving her Min’s number.

 

“Oh? It’s the right number,” said the girl. “Why can’t I call her though?”

 

“Here, let me try,” Yoseob offered, before taking his phone and dialing Min’s number. “Oh? That’s weird,” Yoseob wondered.

 

“Why?”

 

“It seems like she turned her phone off or something. Maybe it’s dead,” Yoseob told the girl.

 

“Oh, I see,” the girl sounded worried. “Then, do you know where she is?”

 

“Last I checked, she was already heading home,” replied Yoseob. “Are you okay?” concerned Yoseob.

 

“It’s just that I was supposed to go to her house today, but now, I don’t know how to get there,” replied the girl.

 

“Oh? Is that all?” Yoseob exclaimed. “No problem then. I know where her house is. I can take you there,”

 

“Really? You can?” exclaimed the girl.

 

“Yeah sure,” replied Yoseob. “Hold on let me go get my bike. If we hurry we might even catch up to her,”

 

***

 

Yoseob came over with his bike. “Here we go, get on,” Yoseob offered.

 

The girl paused for a while, before getting on the bike with him. “Sorry, I’m just not used to riding a bike with strangers,”

 

Yoseob thought for a while, while cycling forward. “Fair point, I guess I should’ve introduced myself in the first place,” Yoseob said. “Hi, I’m Yoseob,”

 

“Yoseob?” the girl said, surprised. “Really?!”

 

“Y-yeah, why?”

 

“Hehe, this is really funny,” giggled the girl. “Uhm, I’m Suzy,”

 

“Suzy?” Yoseob wondered before suddenly stopping his bike. “Suzy?!”

 

“Yeah, I know, what a coincidence right?” giggled the girl.

 

“Y-yeah,” Yoseob said, surprised. “So you’re Min’s cousin,”

 

“Hehe, that’s right,” Suzy responded brightly. “It’s good to finally meet you,”

 

“Y-yeah, good to see you to,” Yoseob said, still slightly overwhelmed by the meeting.

 

“Hmm? What’s wrong? You’re not happy to see me?” asked Suzy innocently.

 

“N-no! I’m really happy, and surprised at the same time,” replied Yoseob. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Well, since there’s no school tomorrow, I just thought I’d come over,” Suzy answered smiling.

 

“Oh, is that so?” Yoseob said, before continuing to cycle. “But, wah, I really didn’t expect to meet you like this. If I knew I was gonna meet you today, I would’ve come to school on a limousine,” joked Yoseob.

 

“Hehe, you’re just as funny in person as you are on the web,” giggled Suzy. “Well, if I knew I was gonna ride a bike with you, I would’ve brought some perfume over,”

 

“Why? You already smell nice,” puzzled Yoseob.

 

“Oh, it’s not for me,” joked Suzy.

 

“Hmm?” Yoseob thought for a while. “Ya! Are you saying I’m smelly?!”

 

“Haha, I’m just joking Yoseob-ssi,” laughed Suzy. “Actually, one of the reasons I came here was to meet you,”

 

“Yeah? Did I meet your expectations?” joked Yoseob.

 

“Well, I was expecting someone tall,”

 

“I am tall,”

 

“Tall-er,”

 

“Yeah? Well I was expecting someone..” Yoseob paused for a while, turning his head back to look at Suzy.

 

“Yoseob-ssi! Be careful!” panicked Suzy.

 

Yoseob turned back to the front. “Actually, I wasn’t expecting someone like you,”

 

“Why? What’s wrong with me?” Suzy asked.

 

“That’s the problem. Nothing’s wrong with you. I wasn’t expecting you to be so cute,” Yoseob said coolly.

 

Suzy blushed, glad that Yoseob couldn’t see her.

 

“Well, you must’ve been disappointed then huh?” Yoseob asked.

 

“W-why?”

 

“You said you were expecting someone taller,”

 

“No, actually, I think I like it more this way,” replied Suzy. “I like cute-looking boys,”

 

“Oh? That’s definitely me then!” exclaimed Yoseob. “I’m really cute! I’ve got a lot of aegyo, wanna see?” joked Yoseob.

 

“Hehe, that’s okay,” giggled Suzy.

 

At that time, Yoseob’s phone suddenly rang. “Oh? My phone’s ringing,” Yoseob said, while taking out his phone.

 

“Yoseob-ssi, I don’t think it’s safe for you to be answering your phone while cycling,” Suzy said.

 

“Hmm? Oh this? This is nothing,” Yoseob said before answering his phone. “Ya, what do you want?” answered Yoseob. “Yeah, yeah, I’ve already told her. Listen, I’m going over to Min’s place for a while,” Yoseob continued. “I’ve got something I need to settle there. Where are you right now?” Yoseob asked. “Really? Okay then, take care of her. I’m hanging up,” Yoseob said, before hanging up the phone.

 

“Who’s that?” asked Suzy.

 

“Hmm? That’s my brother,” answered Yoseob.

 

“Oh, okay,” Suzy said. “Yoseob-ssi, is Min’s house still far away?”

 

“Er, actually, I’m not sure. I kinda forgot which street her house was,” answered Yoseob. “Hold on, let me call a friend,” Yoseob said before dialing Soyeon’s number. “Hello? Soyeon,”

 

“Yeah, what is it?” answered Soyeon.

 

“Hey, you remember which street was Min’s house at again?”

 

“Yeah, sure I do,” Soyeon said before telling him the street number. “Why do you wanna know?”

 

“Hmm? Nothing, it’s just that, I’m bringing her cousin over,” answered Yoseob.

 

“Oh?” Soyeon said before pausing.

 

“Why? Is there something wrong?” asked Yoseob.

 

“No, nothing,” Soyeon said coolly. “Is that all?”

 

“Yeah, thanks Soyeon,”

 

“Sure, no problem,” Soyeon said before hanging up.

 

“Are we good to go now?” Suzy asked.

 

“Yeah, I’ve got it now,” Yoseob said confidently.

 

***

 

After a few minutes, both of them arrived in front of Min’s house. Yoseob got off his bike and went to ring the doorbell. They waited for a few moments, but there was no reply. Yoseob ringed the doorbell again, but again there was no reply.

 

“Yoseob-ssi, are you sure this is the right house,” Suzy asked.

 

“Yeah, I mean, I only forgot the street. I’m sure this is Min’s house,” puzzled Yoseob. “Hold on, I’ll try calling her house’s phone,” Yoseob called, but there was no reply. “That’s weird, it looks like no one’s home,” puzzled Yoseob.

 

“Really?” Suzy said. “What do we do now?”

 

Yoseob dialed Soyeon’s number again. “Ya, Soyeon, Min’s house is this one right?” asked Yoseob before telling her Min’s house unit.

 

“Yeah, I think so,” replied Soyeon. “You’re already there?”

 

“Yeah, but it looks like no one’s home,” Yoseob said.

 

“Really? Hmm, would you like to speak with Min for a while?” asked Soyeon.

 

“Hmm? Wait, what?”

 

“Min, Yoseob wants to speak with you,” Soyeon told Min.

 

“Huh? Okay,” Min said, before taking the phone from Soyeon. “Hello?”

 

“Min? Where are you?” asked Yoseob.

 

“Me? I’m over at Soyeon’s home, why?”

 

“Where’s your parents? Where’s your grandma?”

 

“My parents are still at work, and my nanny’s over at her sister’s place for the week,”

 

Yoseob mumbled in frustration. “Why that little.. Ya! When are you going to come back?!” asked Yoseob.

 

“Hey, why are you getting angry?”

 

“Just answer the question!”

 

“Maybe, late evening, why?”

 

“Ya, your cousin Suzy’s here, you know that?”  asked Yoseob.

 

“Oh? What is she doing there?” wondered Min.

 

“Why don’t you ask Soyeon?” Yoseob said.

 

Min turned towards Soyeon. “Hey, what’s my cousin doing at my house?”

 

“How am I supposed to know,” Soyeon answered coolly. “Are you done yet, I need to talk with him,”

 

“Yeah, here you go,” Min said, handing the phone over to Soyeon.

 

“Ya, how am I supposed to know what her cousin’s doing with in front of her house,” Soyeon said on the phone.

 

“Ya! Why didn’t you tell me Min was there with you?!” Yoseob asked furiously.

 

“Well, you never asked,” Soyeon said simply.

 

“YA! You just wasted my time, you know that!” Yoseob exclaimed. “Now what are we supposed to do!”

 

“Ceh, relax, my aunt’s coming over to send her home right now,” Soyeon said. “In the meantime,  isn’t your house pretty close to hers? Just stay at your house for a while. I’ll tell my aunt to pick her up on the way,”

 

“Grr.. Fine,” Yoseob said before hanging up his phone. “Suzy-ssi, er, Min’s not home right now, so, we have to wait for a while at my place?”

 

Suzy was slightly surprised by the suggestion. “Er, are you sure it’s okay? I mean, I’m a girl..”

 

“Yeah, well it’s only for a while, don’t worry about it,” assured Yoseob.

 

“O-okay,” Suzy said before getting on his bike again. “Yoseob-ssi, why did you sound so angry on the phone just now?”

 

“Hmm? Oh, it’s nothing. I was just annoyed by my friend that’s all,”

 

***

 

Yoseob went inside and parked his bike against the wall of his house. A few moments later, Kikwang was cycling back into his house.

 

“Oh, Yoseob, what are you doing here? I thought you went over to Min’s house?”

 

“Yeah well, change of plans,” Yoseob said, annoyed.

 

“Who’s this?” asked Kikwang.

 

“Er, I’m Suzy,” Suzy introduced herself.

 

“Oh, hi, I’m Kikwang,” Kikwang said. “Suzy? Oh? You must be that girl he was always chatting with, Min’s cousin right?”

 

“Y-yeah, that’s me,”

 

“Nice girlfriend,” Kikwang joked at Yoseob. Suzy blushed brightly.

 

“Ya, shut up,” Yoseob said.

 

Suzy then noticed the wound on Kikwang’s elbow. “Kikwang-ssi, what’s wrong with your elbow?” asked Suzy, worried.

 

“Hmm? This? It’s nothing, I fell over while I was cycling,”

 

“That looks pretty bad,” Yoseob said.

 

“Well, at least it’s not dog poop again,” joked Kikwang.

 

“Heh, now that you mention it,” chuckled Yoseob.

 

Suzy stared at the brothers blankly.