Our SMS

Our story

“Well.., I suppose that was pretty clever of you. So.. I’ll let you guys off this time. Besides, that Myeongsu-ssi still hasn’t paid me back the 200 000 won he borrowed from me last year.. Let’s think of this as payback, hehe, ok?”

 

“Yes~, Jaesuk-ssi,”

 

***

 

“Whew, that was a close one..,” Yonghwa said, relieved.

 

“We’re lucky it was Jaesuk-ssi, who caught us,” Onew added. “He’s pretty cool about pranks and stuff,”

 

“Yeah, kinda lucky I met with him earlier huh?” Joon chipped in. The whole group looked skeptically at him, before ignoring him.

 

“What I don’t understand is, why did we get dragged into this whole mess too?!”  exclaimed Min.

 

“Well, we did know about the whole thing, but I guess since we didn’t report it, we were accounted as accomplices,” explained Seohyun.

 

Min looked skeptically at her. “Yeah, thanks a lot, that makes me feel a whole lot better,” Min said skeptically. “I mean, I get it if you two were called,” Min pointed at Onew and Yonghwa. “But, us three had nothing to do with any of it,” complained Min.

 

“What about me? The first day I came back to school, and I’m already called to the teacher’s office,” Joon joked, but his friends continued ignoring him.

 

“Aish.. Min, relax, it all turned out well didn’t it?” Onew calmed her down.

 

“Easy for you to say, you were the one spying on her,” Min waved her fist at Onew.

 

“Oh? You guys went spying? On whom?” asked Joon. Again, ignored.

 

“That’s what friends are for right? If we sink, we sink together, right?” Kikwang said brightly.

 

“Ceh, I’m slowly starting to regret being friends with you guys,” Min frowned. “Ya, next time you wanna go ‘sinking’ again, go and drown by yourself,”

 

“Ouch! That hurts,” Kikwang joked playfully.

 

“Relax guys, it’s all good, right? At least we didn’t get punished,” Joon added.

 

“I guess, things just didn’t go as we planned, lighten up,” Hyosung said.

 

“Ceh, if a certain someone didn’t come back and ruin the plan, this whole thing wouldn’t have been such a mess,” Soyeon said sarcastically.

 

“Yeah, wouldn’t it have been better if that someone didn’t come back,” whined Yoseob.

 

“Now that you mention it, this is all his fault,” agreed Min

 

“I have to agree with that,” Yonghwa nodded his head.

 

“I second that,” Onew added.

 

“Agreed,” Hyosung continued.

 

“Me too,” Soyeon nodded.

 

“Me three!” Kikwang agreed.

 

“We really shouldn’t be blaming others fo-,” Seohyun said slowly, making everyone stare at her. “On second thought, you’re right it’s all his fault,” Seohyun nodded hastily.

 

“I guess you could blame Jaesuk-ssi, for the whole thing,” Joon nodded with them.

 

Soyeon stared at him. “This guy here really just can’t get a clue can he?” Soyeon said sarcastically.

 

“Hmm? What do you mean?” Joon asked her back, but his friends are back to ignoring him. “Oh? You mean you guys are blaming me for what happened?!” exclaimed Joon. “Ya, are you ignoring me? Ya!”

 

***

 

Kikwang came out of the bath with his towel. “Ya, Yoseob, did Soyeon say anything about Joon’s surprise?” Kikwang asked Yoseob while he was drying his hair with his towel.

 

“Yeah, she said you guys should bring the cake tomorrow,” Min answered.

 

“Huh?” Kikwang looked up, and saw Min sitting on his desk. “Wah! M-Min, what are you doing here?!” Kikwang jumped back in surprise, trying to cover his body with his hand.

 

“Haha, relax, I don’t see you as a guy anyway,” Min laughed.

 

“Aish, what’s that supposed to mean,” Kikwang said, calming down. “You should’ve told me you were coming earlier,” Kikwang said, going over to pick up a shirt to wear. “Where’s Yoseob?”

 

“Hmm? He’s downstairs, getting us some ice-cream,” Min answered simply. “Hey, Hyosung sent you a message,” Min threw Kikwang’s phone to him.

 

Kikwang caught it. “Ceh, stop reading other people’s messages,” Kikwang frowned.

 

“I didn’t read it,” retorted Min. “What did she say?”

 

“Hmm? None of your business,” Kikwang .

 

“Hmph, fine, be like that,” Min pouted.

 

Kikwang read the text message. “Kiki, r u bz???”

 

“Nope, we’r tlkin bout 2moro’s prty,”

 

“Oi, oi, what are you guys doing all alone in a room like this huh?” Yoseob said as he opened the door. “Here I brought some ice-cream,”

 

“Yay! Ice-cream!” Min yelled excitedly.

 

Kikwang put away his phone for a while. “So anyway, what did Soyeon say about the surprise?”

 

“She said you guys just bring over the cake, she’ll take care of the rest,” Min said, while munching on her ice-cream.

 

Kikwang got another text message. “oh? am I dstrbin? who r ‘we’surprise?”

 

“No, we’r finishd anyway, min’s here wit us, u redy 4 2moro’s prty?”

 

Kikwang put his phone on his desk and turned his attention towards Yoseob. “Ya, are you chatting with Suzy again?”

 

“Yeah, hey Min, did you tell her about the comeback party we’re doing for Joon?” Yoseob asked.

 

“Hmm? No, why should I tell her that?” Min asked innocently.

 

“No, it’s just that, she’s saying something about a surprise we should be looking forward to tomorrow,” Yoseob explained. “You know anything about that?”

 

Min bit the spoon in , thinking for a while. “Hmm, no, I don’t think so,”. Kikwang got another text message, but this time Min picked it up first. “Ya, you have a text, it’s from.. oh? IU,”

 

“Oh? IU?” Kikwang asked. “I guess it’s been quite a while since I texted her, I wonder what it’s about,” Kikwang said, snatching the phone off of Min.

 

“Ceh, Kiki’s such a playboy nowadays, he’s already texting with two girls at once,” Min mused.

 

“Aish shut up,” Kikwang said. He opened up his phone to read the message. “Kkwng, r u bz?”

 

“No, y?”

 

“Nothg, I ws bored, wat u doin?”

 

“Me? We’r eatin ice-cream, wan som?smiley

 

“Really? But, I dnt thnk it’ll fit thru the phon..crying

 

Before he replied he got another text from Hyosung. “yeah, of cors. Kiki, aren’t u stdyin?”

 

Kikwang juggled between replying to Hyosung and IU.

 

Hyosung, “I wan 2, but sum1’s ditrbin me..,cheeky

 

IU, “oh, u’r rite, gues I jst hve 2 eat it 4 u thn,cool

 

Kikwang puts his phone in his pocket. “Kiki, why don’t you ask IU, maybe she’ll know something about it,” suggested Yoseob.

 

“About what?” Kikwang asked back.

 

“About the surprise Suzy’s talking about,” Yoseob pointed out.

 

“Oh yeah, great idea,”

 

“Min, when are you going back?” Yoseob asked.

 

“Are you kicking me out already?” Min asked sarcastically. “Haha. Relax I’m joking,” Min said, while looking at her watch. “Maybe around 10?”

 

“Do you need me to accompany you later?” Kikwang offered.

 

“Nah, that’s okay. I can go home by myself,” Min waved it off. “Oh? What smells so good?”

 

Yoseob sniffed the air. “Oh? Mom’s making dinner. You staying over for dinner?”

 

“You crazy? Of course I’m staying over for dinner!” Min exclaimed.

 

Kikwang got another text message. “Oh? U mean Yseobie’s disturbing u?surprise” Hyosung sent.

 

“Nope, try again,”

 

Kikwang got another text message from IU. “No way! U hav 2 com ovr here n feed thm 2 me,angry

 

“tht’s okay, tell u wht, I’ll stor thm 4 u in my tummy, souns gud?wink

 

“No way!angryangryangry

 

“Haha, IU, do u kno anythin spcial hppnin 2moro? Suzy told Yseob sumthin bout a surprise,”

 

“Srprise?? Yeah, bt I’m nt telling..cool

 

Hyosung replied. “thn it mst b min, coz it can’t be me.. hehe,angel

 

To Hyosung, “Com on, tell me whts th surprise, pls!frown

 

“Huh? Wht r u tlkin bout?”

 

“Sry bout tht, tht was 4 IU,cheeky

 

“R u textin her 2?”

 

“Yeh, why?”

 

Hyosung stared at her phone blankly. “Ya, u’r not suppsd 2 txt wit 2 ppl at once!angryangry

 

“Really?! I just knew tht, hehe,cheeky

 

Hyosung groaned in frustration. “I’m goin to stdy, bye,”

 

“Oh, ok thn. Bubye..sad

 

Kikwang kept his phone in his pocket. Then his tummy started grumbling. “Oof, I’m hungry, come on let’s go down,”

 

“Sure, let’s go,” Min nodded.

 

“You guys go on first, I’m shutting down the computer,”

 

“Okay,” Kikwang said as he went down with Min.

 

***

 

“Huh.. he didn’t reply..,” thought IU.

 

“Jieun! Dinner’s ready!” Yelled her mom.

 

“Yes~” IU yelled back, before going down for dinner.

 

While they were eating, her father asked her about her preparations. “Jieun, have you packed your books yet?”

 

“Yup, all packed and finished for tomorrow, including all the letter’s and document’s,” IU answered brightly. “Oh, yeah, dad, just for tomorrow, a friend of mine wants to join us, I was the one who asked her to change schools together with me, so could you give her a ride?”

 

“Yeah, sure. Is she going to ‘Oh My School!’ too?”

 

“Yup, she’s going with me,” IU answered brightly.