Our new student?

Our story

 

            Mmm… The sun is shining, the birds are chirping… the clock’s showing 7.00… …wait, WHAT!?

 

            “Wah! I’m LATE!!!” 

 

            “Shut up will ya… I’m tryin to get some sleep dummy”. This here is my brother. The day he was born was probably the worst  (and best?) day in my life.

 

            “Mom! I’m late! Why didn’t you wake me up?” I said

 

            “You can’t be serious!? It’s only 7.00 a.m! Your school starts at 8!” my brother said.

 

            “Shut up, what does a lazy like you know?”

 

            “Whatever…”

 

            “Calm down honey, your brother’s right. It’s still early, I was just about to go wake you up. Now go get ready, your breakfast is downstairs. Come down when you’re done.”

This here is my mom, the most amazing woman I’ve ever known. Ever suspects that your mom was ‘Wonder Woman’? I’m pretty sure she is though, there’s no way a normal woman can do what she does. I just couldn’t find the proof yet. Though, today must be one of her off days (she didn’t wake me up on time), I’ll cut her some slack.

 

            “I want to get to school early mom! Oh man, there’s no time! Shower… shower… Mom! Where’s my towel?!”

 

            “It’s right there. You would’ve seen it if you looked using your eyes instead of your mouth.” again my brother said, annoying isn’t he?

 

            “Shut up. I didn’t ask you. Go back to sleep.”

 

            “Fine, I will.”

 

                                    ***

            “Honey, aren’t you going to eat your breakfast?” my mom asked.

 

            “Oh right! Almost forgot. Thanks mom!”

 

            “Do you want me to send you to school today?”

 

            “Can you mom? Thanks!!  I’ll eat my breakfast in the car.”

 

            We got in the car, 20 minutes left before 8… guess I’m gonna be fine after all.

 

            “Your brother’s still sleeping?”

 

            “Duh… isn’t he going to a new school today?”

 

            “Hmm? Oh, of course he is. I’ll go get him after I’ve sent you.”

 

            “I can’t believe we’re related…”

 

            “I can’t believe you’re twins, even if it is fraternal.”

 

            “That too…”

 

            “Here we are, and you still have 10 minutes left before 8, see?”

 

            “Yes mom. Ok mom, see you later.”

 

                        ***

 

Hello everyone! It’s your very own Yoseob here! I’m on my way to school. Today you’ll be joining me on another exciting episode of ‘Journey to the school’ on ‘The life and times of Yoseob’.

And for today’s activities we have a very interesting line up. Yesterday, we were notified of a new student joining our class.

‘Oh god, please oh please let this student be a girl… I’m already surrounded by guys as it is, at least let one of the person sitting next to me be a girl. (p.s. I wouldn’t mind a really hot and pretty girl, just saying.)’ Did I mention the only empty seat in my class is next to me? Muahaha!!

To tell the truth, I’m actually quite famous with the girls. Of course, with my cute fac-!!

 

A cute short girl smack Yoseob from the back

 

“Ya! Yoseob, morn… Why are you spacing out this early in the morning?" the girl eyes him suspiciously. "Omo…! You’re doing it again aren’t you! Hahaha!!”

 

“N..No I’m not! Er.. I meant… do what?” said Yoseob.

 

“Hahaha!! Omo… That’s so cute… Hahaha!!” laughed the girl.

 

Then came a tall sleepy looking boy with blonde hair.

 

“Min ah…(yawn) what are you laughing about this early in the mornin’?”

 

“Hahaha! Joon, I just caught Yoseob doing one of his ‘Yoseob show’ again! Hahaha!” laughed Min.

 

“He..HAHAHA!! Again? Yoseob, do you have to do it every mornin’?” laughed Joon.

 

“N..No I’m not!!!” replied Yoseob

 

“Then why is your face so red?” teased Min

 

“I’m not! I was thinking about the new student.”

 

“Yeah right, you know, you’re not a very good liar Yoseob… When you lie, your lips quiver.” said Joon.

 

“I..It does not! And I’m not lying!”

 

“What’s all the ruckus about?” asked a cute girl with short shoulder length hair.

 

“So..Soyeon! Ahh, It’s nothing.” Yoseob said quickly.

 

“Yeah, nothing, it’s just that, we caught Yoseob doing another of his episodes again. Hehehe.” giggled Min

 

“Again? Haha! This is rich!” replied Soyeon.

 

“Arrgghh!” Yoseob quickly kneeled down. “Soyeon ah, I’m beggin you, please don’t tell anyone about this.”

 

“And pass up another chance to humiliate you in front of the class? Never!” replied Soyeon.

 

“Soyeon ah! Please! I’m beggin you on my knees here.”

 

“Aish… Fine, I won’t tell any students from our class”

 

“All ri… Wait, you can’t tell anyone from the other classes either!”

 

“Yes, yes, I promise I won’t tell any of the students in the entire school. Happy? Now come on, we’re gonna be late for class.”

 

            ****

 

Everyone is already in the class, waiting for the teacher to arrive for the first class

 

“Joon, you ever felt weird about our school’s name?” asked Yoseob

 

“Hmm, what do you mean?” answered Joon

 

“I mean why is it ‘100 points out of 100 points?’ It’s not like any of us ever gets 100 in anything…”

 

“I guess it’s kind of an ad, you know, to get parents more interested in sending their kids here,”

 

“Why would anyone want to send their child to a school named ‘100 points out of 100 points’? Even the name sounds like a joke,”

 

“Well… you’re here. And it beats having ‘0 points out of 100 points’ for our school name. That just makes us sound stupid,”

 

“If you put it that way… but, if…”

 

At that moment the teacher came in to the class. Everyone stands up and greets the teacher

 

“Good Morning Shinyoung-ssi”

 

“Hehehe… Mornin’. How’s everyone today? Feeling good? Hehe, Oh right! Sit, sit,”

 

*Sits*

 

Soyeon’s hand suddenly shot up.

 

“Ah, yes, our ‘reporter Soyeon’, what do you have for us today?” asked Shinyoung.

 

Soyeon gave a sly smile to Yoseob. “Teacher, since this is a ‘public relations’ class, shouldn’t we share things about our classmates?” said Soyeon.

 

“Of course, but I told you guys already, the name of the class is ‘Shinyoung’s youngest students talk’, ‘public relations’ just sounds too lame…” replied Shinyoung.

 

Yoseob suddenly panics. “Soyeon! ANYA! (NO!)” yelled Yoseob.

 

Suddenly everyone’s attention was on him.

 

“Huh? Yoseob, you have something to say?” asked Miss Shinyoung

 

“A..Anya, (N..No,)”

 

Everyone in the class giggled watching Yoseob’s antics.

 

“Yoseob, you’re acting weird today… Soyeon, you were saying?”

 

“I was going to say that Hyosung couldn’t make it today because she came down with a flu” Soyeon gave a quick glance towards Yoseob. Yoseob was relieved, ‘Guess Soyeon’s gonna keep her promise after all’

 

“Oh that’s too bad, I guess you’re all gonna be havin’ a hard time with the quizzes then since our ‘Documentary Hyosung’ isn’t here,” said Shinyoung

 

“Nah, what are you talking about miss. We’re fine as long as I’m here. I’m the ‘ace’ remember?” interjected Joon

 

“The only ‘ace’ you are is for the opposing team.” The whole class bursted into laughter after hearing the joke.

 

Joon, apparently still confused about why the class was laughing, just laughed along.

 

“Alsoo, Min caught Yoseob doing another of his ‘Yoseob show’,” Soyeon said quickly amidst the laughter.

 

The whole class suddenly fell silent, and then bursted out into even bigger laughs with the exception of Yoseob who was so red right now, he could be mistaken for an apple.

 

“Hahaha!! Again?! Ya, Yoseob, this is your fourth time already this week, and it’s only Wednesday! Hahaha!!” laughed Shinyoung.

 

“YAA! You promised you won’t tell anyone!” screamed Yoseob.

 

“No, I promised I won’t tell the students. I was telling Miss Shinyoung so I’m not breaking my promise. I can’t help it if the other students was listening to what I was saying,” replied Soyeon.

 

Yoseob’s face was already so red he could explode

 

“Hahaha! Yoseob ah, come on, it’s just for laughs. Just laugh. Hahaha!” said Miss Shinyoung

 

At that moment, there was suddenly a knock on the class door.

 

“Ehem… Morning Miss Shinyoung.”

 

“Ahh, Principal Park, morning. Uhh… sorry about the noise, we were in the middle of our ‘public relations’ class.” Says Miss Shinyoung.

 

“Wait… Shinyoung-shi, didn’t you tell us to change the class name to ‘Shinyoung’s youngest stud…’, uhh… Soyeon, you’re stepping on my shoes.” Interjected Joon.

 

“Ah, I was? Haha.. sorry about that.. Joon.. isn’t it impolite to cut in when the teachers are speaking. Maybe you should sit down.” Hinted Soyeon.

 

“I’m not cutting in. It’s just that Miss Shinyoung made a mistake. She told us earlier to change the class name to ‘Shinyoung’s youn..’, what is it with you and my shoe? Stop kicking it!” said Joon.

 

“I really, really, think you should sit down now. I’m sure Miss Shinyoung knows what she’s saying.” Said Soyeon with a forced smile.

 

“What are you talking about? I’ll sit down after I remind Shinyoung-shi that the class name is ‘Shinyoun..’ ARGGH!!” screamed Joon.

 

“Omo! Joon! Did you hurt your ankles? It’s swelling.” Said Soyeon.

 

“What!? You’re the one that kic..” replied Joon.

 

“You better sit down, your ankle looks bad. Oh, and don’t talk too. Apparently, talking makes swelling worse.” Said Soyeon quickly.

 

“Huh? That doesn’t even make sense!” said Joon.

 

“I read it in ‘reader’s digest’.” Replied Soyeon.

 

“…”. Joon quickly shut his mouth up.

 

“Anyway, Principal Park, as I were saying earlier, we were just..”

 

“No, it’s fine, I was just here to bring the new student over. Could you please introduce him to the class?”

 

“Ah, sure! Where is he?”

 

“He’s over there at the corridor. I’ll go and get him then.”

 

The whole class was buzzing with anticipation to know who the new student is.

 

“Ya! Yoseob, why do you look so glum? Lighten up!” said Min.

 

“Apparently one of my best friends just tricked me and humiliated me in front of the whole class, again!”

 

“What? You still on about that? I thought you would’ve gotten used to it by now,” said Soyeon.

 

“Yeah, some friend you are,” replied Yoseob.

 

“Aish, fine. Anyways what do you think about the new student?” asked Soyeon.

 

“What is there to think about? The principal already said that the new student was a guy, that’s depressing enough as it is.. Aish! This day can’t get any worse,” answered Yoseob.

 

“Really? When?” asked Min.

 

“He did say ‘him’ earlier,” answered Soyeon.

 

“Oh, still.. that’s no reason so negative. Fine, Joon, what do you think about the new student?” asked Min.

 

“Hmm? Mmm mmmpphh mm mmm…”

 

“Haih… why are all my friends so stupid…” mused Soyeon.

 

“Quiet everyone, now I would like to introduce you to your newest class member, please come in,” Shinyoung-shi said as she came back into the class.

 

“Wah, he’s so cute!” whispered a girl.

 

“Aah, another pretty boy joined our class…” said a boy with a wide forehead.

 

“He looks buff, you think he’s strong?” whispered another girl.

 

“Oh no, this has got to be the worst day of my life…” exclaimed Yoseob.

 

“Yoseob, isn’t that your…” asked Min.

 

“Yup that’s him alright. That’s my brother,”

 

“Good morning everyone, I’m Lee Kikwang. From now on I’ll be joining your class. Please take care of me.”