Rivalry

1970 Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yong Guk

Ahhh, I'm nervous. Will Jisun notice me? I set up my stool near a playground where a number of people were passing by, placing my guitar gently on the floor. How I learned to play guitar? Well let's just say I bribed Chanyeol to teach me... None of my dongsaengs know how to play any instruments and from what I heard in class, Chanyeol knew how to play the guitar. As an alien, I never really learned how to play anything these past hundred years. Aliens don't know everything, but back to the point.

Chanyeol seemed reluctant, but I sweared to myself I would kill him if he rejected me. I didn't tell him the main reason why I wanted to learn... I wrote a song, it's not like me I know, but I've been holding my feelings for too long. This time, I'll have to make Jisun fall for me. I've seen her with Sehun too much, it just makes my heart drop massively I can't stand it.

Oh, and if you're wondering how I came here, I asked Jong Suk. The first time I've ever talked to that guy. He's okay I guess but that Myung Soo guy just glares at you all day it feels like he's burning holes through your face. I don't really mind about his childish behaviour though.

Here it goes, Bang Yong Guk.

I patted my chest for encouragement, taking small breaths as I lifted my guitar off the ground. I wrote this song myself, especially for her. It's mainly rapping, I'm no good at vocals if you ask me. Mhmm I got into it when it first came to earth in the early 1970s in America. I adjusted the microphone, checking if the wire was connected. This is my big moment, I can't get rejected.

I know your heart, I know
I know your love but I guess it’s not for me

This is what my heart tells me to do, so it hurts even more
I love you but I need to break up with you
I’m grateful and sorry at the same time that you loved me
I lack so much so please forgive me for leaving you

This song represents my heart right now, except for the break up part. But it was what I could really come up with when you're working on a song at an ungodly hour when all you can hear is Zelo's constant snoring accompanied by the murmurs of Him Chan. I'm not leaving her, but I feel that if I get rejected, she's leaving me. 

Too immersed in my singing, I really didn't notice that one by one people were stopping by to stare. Girls surrounding me squealed in amusement. Almost everyone held up their cameras to just take a video or picture of this guy they found on the street playing sad breakup song. Humans...

I stood up abit, checking to see if Jisun was around by any chance. I scanned through the crowds of people surrounding me with their gadgets. I even scanned the people passing by, but I couldn't find her. I sighed to myself. Great going Yong Guk, she's not even here... She would've probably left with Sehun by now.

Why're you trying so hard for this foolish love? I'm stupid. She wasn't even going to come here. What was the use of trying anyway? I frowned abit, before giving up to just play. I didn't care if I got the lyrics wrong, no one would notice, they were busy taking pictures or videos.

But then, I could hear something apart from the occasional clicks from phone cameras. A voice that would have me glancing everytime I heard it. A soft familiar,"Excuse me..."

A figure pushed past the crowd easily, as expected from her. A smile slowly spread across my lips when I saw Jisun. She really was here, Lee Jisun really came. I saw her eyes widen when she saw me. She was surprised on why I was here, I could tell. I gave her a smile, one of those creepy smiles I seldom let out because I look like a creep.

I stopped strumming to the guitar and I picked up the bouquet of roses that lay beside the stool. The passerbys wondered why I stopped while some girls squealed maybe thinking that I was going to give the flowers to one of them. 

This is it, Yong Guk.

A part of me was unsure if this was the right thing, but another part of me just wanted to go for it. No regrets. But I'm worried, that after I get rejected I'd be filled with regrets. 

I could see Jisun just standing there staring. She wasn't moving an inch nor did she even blink. A stepped abit closer with the bouquet of roses in my hand, we were a few meters away from each other when I felt someone lift me up by the collar all too fast. It was none other than Sehun, his eyes flaming. 

Tsch, intervening in this important moment? I'd like to see you try human boy.

No one

Sehun hummed happily to himself with his two ice creams that he was holding. This all seemed like a nice date to him, eventhough the both of you weren't officially a couple yet. You hadn't even accepted his confession, but Sehun couldn't help but smile brightly whenever he saw you smile at him widely.

Sehun got to the bench where you said you were going to wait for him. You weren'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter