Chapter 7

Married to an Idol

Chapter 7 

 

Jung Kook had woken up to a heavy weight on his abdomen. He tried shaking it off only to feel a heavier weight collapsed on top of him. He groaned and had finally resort to wake up to see an open-mouthed Suga hugging him tightly by the waist.

Rap Monster was snoring loudly beside Jin on the bed they had shared while V, J-Hope and Jimin sprawled together on the comforter Soyeon's mother had laid out on the floor last night. Jung Kook made his way across the room and out of the door, careful not to step on his hyungs and made his way to the bathroom located across the hallway.


Jung Kook washed his face brushed his teeth with the toothbrush he had brought along. He was in his usual morning dazed state until a shining glint on the reflection of the bathroom mirror caught his attention. He paused midway from the relative motion of his brushing and stared at the silver wedding band on his ring finger. 


"Wow, this is really...did I really get married?" He chuckled and resumed brushing his teeth as he wrapped his thought on this new phase he'd never thought he would step in- not in a few years at least. 

He's a married man now - though technically he's still a boy. A married boy then. 

Huh. How much more ridiculous can this sound?



On his way back to his room, he had bumped into Soyeon, both too embarrassed to look at each other in the eyes. "Good morning." Soyeon bowed as she tuck a strand of hair behind her ears.


"Oh, good morning." Jung Kook laughed awkwardly and walked away without any other word.




That's it? He acted as thouh we did not just get married yesterday! That jerk. Soyeon thought to herself as she walked towards the dining hall. "Harabeoji, good morning!" Soyeon hugged her grandfather from behind as he lovingly pecks his granddaughter on her cheeks.


"Oh, you're awake. Where's your husband?" Mr Lee gave Soyeon a teasing look as she took a seat by her mother's side, who was busy talking with her in-laws. At the mention of the newly-weds, the whole table eagerly turned to look at Soyeon. 


"I thinks he's getting ready." Soyeon gave a short reply as she nochalantly spread jam onto her bread albeit the rosy tint rising up her cheeks.


"Soyeon darling, can you wake the boys up? They need to hurry and eat. Their manager will be here to pick them up to the airport soon." Jung Kook's mother smiled brightly at her new daughter in-law.


Soyeon replied a short "yes" before putting down her half-eaten bread. She stood up and obediently walked up the stairs to the room the boys had slept in for the night. She knocked on the door and waited for several seconds to see Jimin behind the door. He gave Soyeon a sly smile with his eyes half opened. "You want me to call your husband?" Jimin slightly smirked as he rubbed his sleepy eyes.
 

"No, no!" Soyeon flustered. "The elders called you guys down for breakfast. Your manager will be here soon." Soyeon answered and her gaze never left his eyes. She was trying to hold back from staring at his toned abs displayed before her eyes. Oh god, Park Ji Min!


"Oh okay, we'll be down." Jimin answered as he backed away to give room for Jook Kook to come out of the room. He had donned on a red hoodie and black jeans, his bangs plastered on his forehead and Soyeon was a little disappointed that he had not pulled his hair back to display his handsome forehead as he did yesterday.

Soyeon was caught up in her little world and did not realize that Jung kook had trailed behind her as she walked down the stairs and when
she reached the landing, she was surprised to see her father warmly greeting his son in-law as Soyeon and Jung Kook sat across one another.

Grandfather Lee reached out to take his granddaughter's hand into his. "Will you live together after this?" he 
addressed the newly-weds. 


Soyeon was caught off guard at the question. Honestly, she never gave much thought to the events that were to follow after the marriage. All she thought was that they were to get married and break it off after a few years. She had totally forgotten the phasea in between!

Soyeon panicked. "I don't think so." She answered honestly. "Because Jung kook will be staying at the dorm with s, and umma has told me that I'll be staying here to take care of you." Soyeon turned to look at Jung Kook for affirmation.


"But I thought after Jung Kook's album promotion has ended, he does not have to live in the dorm anymore?" Jung Kook's mother turned to her son with a questioning look. "Your company gave you a short break didn't they?"

Jung Kook nodded. "Yes, but-"

"That's good then. The both of you can stay here with me." Soyeon's grandfather smiled happily at the thought. "I can spend more time with this princess and I can't wait to tell you about your grandfather!" The old man laughed warmly at Jung Kook.




---

 

After breakfast, the boys were picked up by their manager to the airport for their scheduled photo shoot at Jeju Island. Their families did not  send them off at the airport , as they do not want to be spotted by fans and reporters.

Soyeon heaved a sigh of relief that everything worked out well. There was nothing to worry about and it's as if things are back to normal. But that afternoon, as Soyeon flicked on the channels on the television, she got a call from Hyeseong. Apparently, the gang wanted to go to the bowling alley for a friendly bowling match between them.


Glad to be able to hang out with them, Soyeon accepted the offer. As she opening the doors to the bowling alley, Soyeon realized that she was still wearing the wedding band that she had inherited from Jung Kook's late grandmother. She took it off kept it safely inside a compartment in her sling back, and made her way inside.
 
However, as walks toward her friends, she felt a slight tug at her heart. The guilt she had felt yesterday seeped back in. It felt just wrong to be with them when it was just yesterday she had gotten married and her
best friends were not invited.

Although it may appear that Soyeon's daily life seemed exactly as how it was before, though nothing may appear to have changed - but her conscience knew that things have changed. That's when it dawned on her. Things couldn't go back to how it used to be.

Soyeon tried to push aside the sick feeling that settled in the pit of her stomach and tell herself that she'll come clean one day, desperately hoping that they would not turn their backs on her.