Chapter 4

Married to an Idol

Chapter 4 

 

The music stopped and the dancers dispersed out of the dancing studio to catch their breath leaving the room empty but for the sweating, exhausted looking members of Bangtan Boys.

All but Jung Kook.

Jung Kook came in a few minutes later to a room full of expecting, furious faces. He was an hour late for his dance practice for tomorrow's broadcast at MBC station because he was held back by the traffic on his way back from meeting the wedding planner. 

Jung Kook swallowed hard and his dry throat as he made his way across the practice room, bowing and apologizing to his hyungs. He knew that being stuck in traffic is a petty excuse. He should have left earlier. If only he weren't captivated by Soyeon's beau--

Well, you get the point.

"Jung Kook, we need to have a serious talk." Rap Monster suddenly spoke from the corner of the room, chin tucked in to his chest as he pants lightly. Suga who was sitting beside Rap Monster slid further away to give room to Jung Kook as he wipe his sweats. Without hesitation, Jung Kook took a seat on the bench beside Rap Monster.


Jung Kook fiddled with his fingers nervously. "This few days, you've been late for practices. I know that our our album promotion is coming to an end, but you can't let your guards down." The leader turn to look at the group's youngest. "Hyung didn't want to say anything at first because I understand that you still have to go school. But you were not like this before. Do you have any problem? If you do, you can just tell us." Rap Monster patted Jung Kook's slumped shoulder. 

V slid on the floorboard, closer to where Rap monster, Suga and Jung Kook was sitting to listen in. He's been curious too. "Umm, its nothing hyung, really. I got held back by my teacher because I've missed too many classes since our album promotion."Jung Kook rubbed the back of his neck, beads of perspiration forming on his forehead.


He really didn't want to open his mouth and break the promise he made with Soyeon.


"Are you sure?" Rap Monster asked, concern written on his face. Jung Kook nodded.

"Oh, because you were late just now, you missed the meeting." J-Hope interrupted from across the room. 

"What did they say?" Jung Kook asked, happy to steer the topic of conservation away from him. He was glad that they did not push the subject further. 

"We have to shoot an advertisement for the spring issue of Ceci magazine in Jeju-Do." J-Hope answered with a smile that never seemed to disappear from his face.

Almost everyone in the room shouted as J-Hope finishes his sentence. V and Jin began dancing randomly in the middle of the room, excited. "When is it?" Jung Kook smiled happily, not left out from the excitement. 

"Next week, February 25th. Your school will be off for spring break right?" Jimin answered on everyone's behalf as he jumped about the huge dance studio.


Jung kook's heart dropped, his smile faltered. He chewed on his bottom lip as he remembered that it was his wedding day on the exact same day of the photo shoot. "Hyung, can they postpone it? To a later date maybe?" 

"Why? Why? Why?" Almost everyone asked simultaneously.

"I don't think we can change it. Since they kindly offered us that big opportunity to increase our stardom, I don't think we are in the position to demand such things." Jin answered with a bewildered expression. "They can't just move the date anyway. A lot of things needed to be done." 

Rap Monster stopped howling and gave a look at Jung Kook. The other members of Bangtan Boys had stopped whatever they were doing and had also turned to stare at Jung Kook. 


"Why, do you have anything going on that day?" Jimin sat beside Jung Kook and frowned at him. Jung Kook's request had killed the mood in the room.

"Ermm, I just have..." Jung Kook his dry lips. I can't just tell them that I'm getting married. Jung Kook panics. The whole room was staring back at him. I'm sorry Soyeon, but I know I can trust these hyungs. Jung Kook shut his eyes.




"I'm getting married."










"WHAT?!"


"WHAT?!"

"ARE YOU JOKING?!"


All of them shouted at almost the same time. V even fell down on the floor as he yanked at his hair, trying to grasp the truth. "What do you mean you're getting married maknae-yah?!" Jin stared hard at Jung Kook's face. 

"Well, my parents had set me up on an arranged marriage with my schoolmate over an agreement our harabeoji made over forty years ago. But it's just a temporary thing. It won't hold me back as an idol." Jung kook tried to explain the situation.


"AAAHHHHH! Is this for real?!!" Rap Monster wailed. 

Their maknae, teenage maknae, getting married?

 

---

 

"I'm so sorry Soyeon-ssi! But you can trust the hyungs!" Jung Kook was begging for Soyeon's forgiveness after he was done explaining the reason behing his action on revealing their secret to his group members yesterday.

Jung Kook had pulled Soyeon away from her lunch to the back of the school, to a deserted garden. Soyeon followed along despite her reluctance. But out of all possibilities, she didn't expect that Jung Kook had blurted out their secret to s.

Soyeon fumed in anger, her nose flaring as she bit her bottom lip. I shouldn't have trusted this jerk! Soyeon clench her fist tightly by her side, debating whether she should just punch Jung Kook then and there.

Jung Kook knew that Soyeon would lose her temper. He had come prepared. He took out several mini chocolate bars from his blazer pocket and place them onto Soyeon's palm. "Here, relax a bit." Jung kook beamed at his own smart trick. It had always work with his mother.


"What are you doing? You gave me chocolates so that I would cool off?" Soyeon wasn't buying the trick, but she was amused. She didn't pry open the wrappers as Jung Kook expected her to do. "So now, can you guarantee that your hyungs won't tell anyone about this?" Soyeon raised an eyebrow, starting to cool off. Maybe, the trick did work. 

"I'm positive. They may look hopeless, but they're trustworthy and I trust them." Jung Kook heave a sigh of relieve. "They told me that they had made up several excuses in order for the magazine's publisher to allow us to postpone the shoot for a couple of days. Our wedding day almost posed a threat to not just my future - but my hyungs' too"


Soyeon pursed her lips, deep in thought. "Fine. Since your future depends on this, I'll let it go." Soyeon finally gave in. Its this kind of patience was what made her so lovable to her schoolmates.

 

 

Without both of them realizing, Jong In was looking over them from the second floor of the school building, where the Student's Society room was located. He was absentmindedly looking out the window when he accidentally saw the two of them talking to each other. I never knew they were friends. Jong In tried to push away the weird feeling that's been knocking at the door of his heart.