Chapter 39

Married to an Idol

 

Chapter 39

 

Jongin stood silently, too shocked to move a muscle as Soyeon gingerly removed her arms from his waist. "H-Hey, are you okay?" He finally asked and unlike any other time when asking if the other person is alright only as a polite gesture, Jongin really meant it this time.

Soyeon shook her a head before slipping a small smile, if not a little forced before starting to back away from Jongin. "Sorry Jongin." She apologized. "Just a little breakdown. Didn't mean to worry you."

Jongin became more confused than he already is.

"Got to go now. Running late. Goodbye Jongin. Talk to you later." Soyeon chirped before quickly dashing away and out of the back garden.



This peculiar occurence is becoming frequent these past few days and Jongin realized that. What is up with this girl. He could not help but think.



---


I could not tell him. No, I shouldn't. I cannot ruin his big day.

I'll think of other ways. Maybe I can go to both Jungkook's showcase and Jongin's audition. Yes, I can do this.

 

Can I?

Gulp


---

Soyeon was in her room most of the evening, trying to figure out how she could be at two places at once. She's been sitting at her study table since after dinner with the invitation card for both events (well, one being a pamphlet) laid out in front of her.

Two different places, at the exact same time.

Her smart phone was open to a map, locating the venues for both events. Jung Kook's showcase is set to be at a hall, just five minutes away from the shopping mall where Jongin's audition is set at.

Soyeon smiled at the prospect that maybe, it is possible to carry out her plan.

 

 

 












I could not let Jongin find out. No, not before his big day. Not when I've already hurt him enough!


Soyeon paced within her four-walled bedroom as she run through her plan. She was nervous and at the same time excited for her best friend's big moment and Jung Kook's event. Okay, breath Soyeon. Breath.

 

---

Everyone had gathered at the train station just as promised so that they could go to Jongin's audition together. Well, almost everyone. 

Haerin paced back and forth. Sometimes she would look at he staircase that leads down to the station where they were waiting for Soyeon.  Honestly, she was worried that Soyeon might bail on Jongin's audition to attend Jung Kook's showcase. But Soyeon can't be blame if she chose Jung Kook. He is her boyfriend. But Jongin is her long time best friend!

Haerin gave up. If f Haerin is in a tight spot, she perfectly understands how Soyeon must have felt. I wonder how Soyeon would handle this. Maybe she might just ditch both events and sleep--

"Soyeon!"

Speak of the devil. Haerin snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the boys screaming out Soyeon's name as Soyeon ran her way through the almost-empty station. "Sorry I was late guys!" Soyeon apologized with a cheeky grin. "I woke up late."


"Of all days, you decided today to be the best day to overslept?" Luhan asked as he handed Soyeon a tissue to wipe her sweat-stained face. "You're one funny girl, Lee Soyeon."

"Okay, is everyone here yet?" Suho asked, trying to do a headcount.

 

"Err... guys, Jongin isn't here yet." Hyeseong said, innocently on her candy.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh my god it was so funny! We were all ready to go to your audition and then realizing that you were not here yet!" Kyungsoo retell the story as all of them (including Jongin) finally got on the train. Everyone roared in laughter, earning glances from other passenger.

Jongin took a sip out of his bottled water before letting out a deep chuckle. "Can't believe you guys were about to go to my audition without me. How can you forget me?"

"Mianhe Jongin. We were too nervous." Baekhyun said.

"But I'm the one who's about to---"

"Shut it. Just be grateful that we're considerate enough to feel anxious for you." Kris rolled his eyes, cutting off Jongin's word.

 

When everyone laughed and it was loud again with more bickering, mocking and name-calling, Haerin took the opportunity to talk to Soyeon. "Psst. Soyeon-ah..." She called.

Soyeon who was seating across from Haerin stood up and walked over to sit next to the bobbed-haired girl. "I know what you're about to ask." Soyeon raised a hand, signaling her to halt her tongue and save her question. In return, Haerin gave her a quizzical look. "I'm planning to go to both Jung Kook's and Jongin's event."

"Are you crazy?" Haerin hissed.

"Maybe I am." Soyeon sneaked a small smile that did not go unnoticed by Haerin.

"Maybe you are." Haerin muttered under her breath. "But I have a bad feeling about this Soyeon." Haerin said, this time out loud.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Damn, it's crowded. How are you going to register?" Tao asked Jongin asked as he scanned the crowded floor of the mall. Jongin reached into his backpack and took out a sticker sheet and a piece of paper. "I've registered a few days ago. I just have to hand in this form to confirm my attendance. I even got my number ready, see?" He lifted the sticker sheet with 4-digit numbers written on it.

 

"0090?" Tao groaned. "That's still a long way to go."


"Be grateful. I saw someone with number 200." Soyeon huffed, giving Tao's shoulder a squeeze. Well, at least it'll give me enough time to slip out of this place. Soyeon eyed her wrist watch. 5 minutes before Jung Kook's showcase starts. I need to get out of here.

"Hmm, guys. I need to head for the toilet." Soyeon announced, obviously lying.

"Oh okay, I'll save your seat." Jongin nodded with a smile. "Don't be long. I won't start without you."

Oh Jongin....



---

 

"Alright miss. Here's your pass." The lady who was in charge of the attendees grumpily handed Soyeon her VIP pass. In return, Soyeon smiled and thanked her. Probably the lady got enough of the fans today.

Soyeon was still struggling to catch her breath after that mini sprint she did from the mall to this hall. Traffic was crazy on weekends and the sidewalk was crowded with pedestrian did not help to make things easier for Soyeon.

Upon entering the huge, dark hall, Soyeon was taken by surprise  how big this event turned out to be. The hall was dark, with bright spotlight hanging off of the roof. A big stage was set up at the front of the hall. Two rows were occupied with chairs and behind it, were railings guarding the fans.

 

Crazy number of fans.


Soyeon was ushered by a security to walk by the side of the hall and all the way to the front of the hall, where the reporters, cameramen and family members were seated. Soyeon spotted her mother in-law in the front and she eagerly greeted her.

"It's so loud in here huh?" Jung Kook's mother stated, to which Soyeon couldn't agree more. She scanned the crowd of girls with name-cards and light sticks, and huge camera that was not much different than the ones the cameramen were holding up front.

Just as Soyeon managed to collect herself together, the crowd broke out into a loud scream and cries. Bangtan Boys took their place on the stage with their all-black outfit that perfectly fit the concept of the hall.

"(Let’s jump!) soneul jeo wiro deulgo--" 

The music blasted and everyone started jumping and dancing in sync.

 

Wow. This is so cool. Soyeon swore that she hardly blinked throughout the entire song. And her eyes were set on the main singer slash maknae that was always in the middle choreography. I married a star...

 

 

 

 

 

After one song, the MC walked towards the stage and formally introduced the boys. Seven stools were brought out, where each member took a sit. Jung Kook sat in the middle, directly facing his wife (so this is why he chose this seat for her).

Jung Kook smiled and waved at the crowd, earning loud cheers from the girls. But Soyeon could feel that his eyes were on her.

The MC began asking questions regarding the new album and who composed what. Each member took turn to speak, revealing the story behind each songs and what not. Once the session was done, the members had to go backstage to change their costume for their next performance.

 

 

Bzzt bzzt.

From: Haerin

Where are you? You've been gone for so long. It's nearing Jongin's turn!!


Soyeon scrolled her phone. Yikes, missed calls and text messages asking where she was. They must be worried. I need to go.

"Eomonim, I need to step out for awhile." Soyeon informed her mother-in-law before leaving her seat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Yah! How long does it take for a girl to go to a bathroom?" Chen asked, jokes aside. Everyone was starting to panic when they found out that Soyeon has yet to return from the toilet and she wasn't answering her phone.

"Maybe she got lost in the crowd and can't hear her phone." Suho tried to reason out, trying to believe his own words. Even he knows what he said doesn't make sense. She's been gone for too long.

Haerin stood up and scanned her eyes in search of Soyeon eventhough she knew too well that it was useless. Soyeon had replied her text saying that she would be there in 5 minutes. But it's been almost 20 minutes since.

"I'll go and search for her." Jongin announced before standing up. A strong tug brought him back to his seat. "Are you crazy?! It's almost our turn. We'll go search for her. Don't you worry." Said Kyungsoo, his face painted with concern.

Jongin was finally called to take his place behind the stage, to get ready for his turn to audition. On his way, he never stoppe redialling Soyeon's number. His heart was totally not at peace. He could sense something was definitely wrong.

 

 

 

 


"Soyeon, WHERE ARE YOU?!"

 


 

Author's Note
 

Sorry, sorry, sorry


No, it's not a Super Junior song, I really am, truthfully sorry.
I know, its been super long. I'm so sorry guys. 
Tbh, my finals ended quite a while ago, but I took my time procrastinating on this. lols sorry.
Also, I think I've lost my touch. Again, sorry.

 

So, just another chapter to go? I'll try to update sooner. It won't be for months this time.
Hihi, good day!