Chapter 15

Married to an Idol

Chapter 15

 

Baekhyun did not have to turn to his sides to know that the two sisters had also had their mouth agape; the trio were in utter shock. Their best friend and their high school celebrity were staring back at them and Baekhyun could sense a tinge of panic passed through them. 

 

The trio had decided to visit Soyeon at home, considering that she had missed their council meeting and Hyeseong was eager to hand over the final draft of the school's festival plan details and Baekhyun could not bare allowing his girlfriend and her sister to walk alone; especially that it had gotten dark outside.

 It could not have been a more perfect timing for them to arrive when they had accidentally heard the exchange of conversation between the hallyu idols and their best friend.

 

What were they talking about? Baekhyun can't help but to wonder as he turn to Hyeseong. But I guess his girlfriend did not have the same doubt as him and her sister, Haerin who was equally dumbstruck. After exchanging glances with Baekhyun, Hyeseong gave a little squeak and an ear shattering shriek as she scampered towards Soyeon. "Yah! wasn't that Bangtan Boys?! THE Bangtan Boys?!" Hyseong fanned her pink cheeks. "Did I just not saw Jimin-Oppa in flesh?" She squealed.

 

"Ahh..mhmm. Yes?" Soyeon answered hesitatingly and she looked at her friends. Could they possibly heard everything? Jung Kook had turned stiff by her side, avoiding Hyeseong's curious glare; not daring to utter a word.

 

Jung Kook could already imagine the headlines: Bangtan Boy's golden maknae secretly married at the age of eighteen. Jung Kook shuddered at the thought. He could almost see his career and dreams crumbling before him. In fact, he could already imagine the tears of agony from fans and shuttering noises of the cameras as the reporters question him. He paled.

 

"Yah. What was that joke I heard about you guys being married? You didn't tell me you were that close to those idols Soyeon-ah, I thought we're best friends!" Baekhyun's nagging cut Jung Kook from his thought. An awkward laughter erupted from Soyeon. "No, we're not. I just met them for the first time today to discuss about their deal to perform at our school this weekend. They're friendly aren't they?" Soyeon asked Jung Kook as she nudged his side.

"Mhmm, yeah. They're such a tease." Jung Kook answered with no hint of expression.

 

"So they're going to perform at our school? Woo hoo!" Hyeseong pumps a fist in the air.


"So, you've sealed the deal? As always, you're the best Soyeon-ah." Baekhyun ruffles Soyeon's hair as he grabbed his girlfriend by the wrist and walk in towards the house,making himself home.

 

Jung Kook was stunned. Wait, was that it? My is safe? Jung Kook stared questioningly at the couple's backs before following behind them. However, Jung Kook had forgotten about that one person who knows every secret of the universe. The bobbed-haired girl gave Soyeon a knowing look as the latter gulps nervously. She knew better than two think that Haerin had not suspected something by now. But she opt to play dumb, perhaps by miracle from the heaven that Haerin would not know the situation at hand.

 

"Is there something I should know, chingu?" Haerin an eyebrow, a smile tugs at her lips. She knew..


"What do you want to know? There's nothing to tell. Come on in, its cold outside." Soyeon brushes her off and jogged inside, chills ran down her spine.

 

Sigh. Fine, I'm Kim Haerin anyway. There's nothing I wouldn't know.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We didn't get caught! Can you believe it?" Jung Kook heaved a sigh of content. The trio had finally went back just before midnight. Jung Kook had even put on his jacket and pretend to head back home with the other three. Soyeon should really be thankful to him for his superb acting.

 

"If I were you, I won't be too relaxed though. Kim Haerin would surely get to the bottom of this in no time. She's a super woman I tell you," she exclaimed dramatically "At the age of six, she could tell that I had a secret crush on Xiumin just because I accidentally sneaked a glance at him once. Once. She knew when I had my first period, before I even tell her about it! She's really something." Soyeon frowns at the thought.

 

Jung Kook chuckled slightly before breaking his mouth open, "Who's Xiumin? Wait. Our school's soccer club captain? Doesn't that make him one of your exo friends?"

 

"Yes, that Xiumin. But that was just a stupid crush; I was freaking six years old! Anyway, don't forget. We must not be caught together from now on. Have I told you that Kim Haerin has a pair of eyes that could penetrate through your soul?" Soyeon continued as she cleans up the messy living room. That beagle Baekhyun can never sit still can't he?

 

"Wow, she sounds...scary. I would love her to meet my hyungs. I've been living with them for quite sometimes now, and I still can't get them. Especially V-hyung. I would like Haerin-ssi to read him for me someday." Jung Kook said as he make his way towards the stairs "Anyway, don't worry. My vacation is almost ending. I'll be back in the dorm in no time. Perhaps we won't have to see each other until we finally agreed it was time to get a divorce." Jung Kook grinned at the thought.

 

Soyeon did not reply but continue arranging the scattered pillows. She had to admit, that this marriage turn out better than she had thought it would. Unlike any other arranged marriage, they had both agreed to this out of love for their respective grandfathers.

 

Even though Soyeon dislike the role she had to play in Jung Kook's life, at least he wasn't a jerk like she assume he would be. He wasn't exactly perfect, but good enough. Jung Kook was a good companion although a tad bit annoying.

 

Wait, scratch that. Jeon Jung Kook was very annoying. How come he never does his share of chores around the house? Not to forget, he is always on harabeoji's good sides. The only time he acted as her husband was when harabeoji was around; and that was to order her around her around as his wife!

 

"That's good news then. I can't wait." Soyeon chuckled darkly at Jung Kook. 

 

---

 

Next morning

 

"Hey, I heard that you were close with that Jung Kook brat." Kris stifles a yawn as he pockets his hand. The girls passing by  the school gate squealed at the sight of his perfect stature. The students were a little louder this morning; becase of the addition of the soccer hottie, Luhan and Kai alongside Soyeon and Kris doing their morning duty. A number of boys groan in annoyance, but turned their frown upside down when they spotted Soyeon politely smiling back at them.

 

"Not really." Soyeon shrugs and brushes off the fallen petals of cherry blossoms of her shoulder.

 

"Yeah.." Luhan glances at his wrist watch,  "Why would he got close to you anyway; have you seen him perform? Though I'd hate to admit it, that guy is the definition of amazing."

"And here we have the snotty, clumsy, reckless Lee Soyeon." Kris adds earning a laughter from Luhan. Kai nodded his head in agreement.

 

Soyeon frowned at the remark and gave a hard punch each at the two boys by her side on their arms. "I'm not that bad and he's not that great either."

Luhan grunts in pain and rubbed his arm, "Yah! can't you control your strength? You should act like a woman and let me be the manly one." Soyeon gave another punch at Luhan, but this time slightly lighter. Luhan gave her a scowl and hissed at her, "If you do that again I swear no one would want to marry you."

 

Already did.. Soyeon thought amusingly as Kris signalled the security guard to close the school gate. Kai came closer to his best friend and slung an arm around her shoulders. "Don't worry, I won't let you be a spinster." He gave a playful wink at Soyeon but retreats his hand immediately as he felt the tingles running through his flesh and pinked at the realization of what he just did.

 

 

---

 

"Soyeon-ah! Your phone's ringing!" Haerin hollered from across the classroom at Soyeon who was busy painting a cardboard box with Tao and Lay. Soyeon stopped mid-way the debate she was having with Tao on what colour should they paint the next alphabet in and whatnots. Soyeon got up from her squatting position and  made her way towards her phone inside the pocket of her school blazer hung behind a chair at the corner of the chaotic room.

 

"Soyeon-ah, Tao painted it yellow!" Lay called out to Soyeon  when she was halfway across the room. Tao rolled his eyes in annoyance at the dazed-looking guy. Soyeon turned to throw daggers at Tao with her eyes and walked away.  "Tattletale." Tao mumbles under his breath. 

 

Class 3-1 was turned into a workshop as the members' of the student's society prepped up on the decorations that were to be set up around the school compound. There were cardboard boxes, old newspapers, glitters and paints scattered. Being the president of the school's track and field team, Soyeon had also invited her club members to her classroom to get done with their own decoration for their food stall.


Yes, the room was is a mess and being the mother hen he was, Suho can't help but to control the boys just so they would not side-track from their own tasks. Soyeon jumped gleefully over the mess and almost tripped herself over some balloons but was caught in time by Kai. How come he was always there when something's about to happen to me?.

 

"Hello?" She threw a grateful smile at Kai before returning her attention to the call. "It's me." 

 
"
Ouh, Jung Kook what do you want?" Haerin's ears perked up at the mentioned name.


" Our manager won't allow us to perform unless there is a signed contract."


"To perform at a school festival?" Soyeon's eyes rounded in disbelief.


"Yes. They want you to be responsible if anything were to be happen to us."


Oh right..they're idols. Soyeon lets out a tired sigh and took a seat on the empty chair. "So, what do I need to do?"


"My manager wants to meet whoever is in charge of this event."


"That would be me."


"Great, I'll text you the address. Come and meet us there now." And he hung up.

 


Soyeon narrowed her eyes at her phone in surprise. "Who does he think he is, ordering me around. Doesn't he know I'm busy?" she hissed at the blank screen and her nose flared in anger.

"What's up?" Haerin asked from the seat across from her, a smirk tugging at her lips.

"That idiot Jung Kook just ordered me to meet up with his manager. Can't he wait?"  

Haerin shot up from her seat with an arm in the air. "Ooh ooh, can I go with you?" she grinned enthusiastically.

 

Soyeon was about to nod her head in approval but soon caught up to what Haerin was up to; she wants to obeserve Soyeon. I better not bring her there. Soyeon got up from her seat and wore the dark blue blazer, her nameplate shining gracefully as the sunlight hits it. "No, its okay. I'll just go with...Jong In!" She hooked an arm with Kai who was standing not far from them and the latter looked down at her in confusion. "..come on, let's go."

 

 


 

Author's Note; 


I'm sorry that it's been so long. My surgery was a success and I'm still under therapy to get my dominant hand to function normally. If you're wondering; I had a bone popped out so I had to get it trimmed. hehe ^^. 

Anyways, thank you for subscribing and faithfully waiting for my updates.