Chapter 18

Married to an Idol

Chapter 18

 

"Minhee noona?" Jung Kook repeated.


Minhee turned to the direction where the voice was coming from. "Ah- Jung Kook~" She cooed and gave him a slight bow. Silence passed between them and Jung Kook stared back at Minhee awkwardly. "Its been so long," Minhee continued.


Ehem. "You know him, sunbae?" Soyeon finally spoke. She had caught on to the heavy atmosphere, and she didn't like the sudden tightness she felt in at her sunbae's familiarity with Jung Kook. Soyeon turned her gaze to Jung Kook, hoping for an explanation; but the boy had his eyes set on Minhee. He looked surprised, as though someone he knew died and had been resurrected. 


"Of course I know him. He used to get into trouble with me." Minhee lets out a gracious, melodic giggle. Minhee was Soyeon's most respectable senior whom she looked up to since she had enrolled into Seoul High; It was because of her that she gave it a try as a member of Seoul High's student council. They way she looks up to her is almost equal to how others looked up to Soyeon. Never in her mind that Soyeon thought she was better than her senior- but rather far below her level.

 

But little did she know, she was far better than Kim Minhee. At least, that's what everyone else thought.

 

Soyeon felt the uncomfortable heat runs through her body.  Not knowing what to feel, she cleared her thoat and excused herself and took her leave. Not knowing why, a sick feeling settles at the pit of her stomach.

 

---

 

"How are you?" Minhee took a seat on one of the bench in the school's back garden. It was quiet and no one was around.


"I'm fine." Jung Kook was surprised at how calm he sounded unlike how he used to stutter whenever they used to talk. He didn't even fiddles with his fingers anymore, but rested it behind his back instead. He was always shy around girls, especially Minhee. Maybe I've been hanging Soyeon too often.


"I'm surprised you're here. You're a big hit these days." Minhee lets out a flirtatious smile.


Jung Kook shook his head at the comment, giving her a small smile, "I'm on a short break, but I'll be back working by next week. What are you up to, noona?"


"Nothing much, I'm still  in my second year at Korea University." She smiled proudly.


Jung Kook nodded awkwardly, half-listening. Was it always like this? Why does it feel different? Why is she different? Why am I reacting differently? Jung Kook turned to look at Minhee who was throwing him seductive looks as she twirls the end of her long locks. Why is she like this? Is she trying to get my attention? She's finally giving me the attention I yearned for after turning down my confession? 

 

"Jung Kook..." Minhee started, her eyes locks on his. "Do you still remember your confession to me a year ago?"


"Yes, noona?" Jung Kook raised his eyebrow in confusion.


"Do you perhaps...still feel the same way about me?" her eyes was hopeful and determined.

 

Jung Kook was just another boy to Minhee; another boy who would throw himself at her feet. Yes, he may have the looks and he was cute; but he was just a boy. Its only been a year, how could he turned into this? The boy in front of her has become so much more handsome and you could see how much he had grown. Not to forget, he's a big celebrity now. I knew I shouldn't let him go, Minhee thought.

 

Jung Kook was frozen on his spot. True, he liked her. I still like her though, right? Sure there's no more butterflies and I no longer feel the tingles, but that's because it's been a year. His heart which was beating fast half an hour ago when he first saw her had steadied. He felt surprisingly calm.

Jung Kook turned to Minhee. She's Kim Minhee, the Goddess; the only female student in school who did not throw herself at him- well, except for Soyeon. No, I must still like her. But when was the last time I think of her?

 

A long time ago. Too long.

 

He breaks his mouth open, "Noona-" Just then his phone vibrated. He fished it out and a smile spread across his lips. He stared back at the girl on his phone. " When did she change this?" Jung Kook muttered under his breath and slipped out a soft chuckle.

 

Calling..
Sweet Angel Soyeon <3

 

 

Minhee flinched in jealousy at the display name as she recognized the picture of the girl displayed, her curiosity pricks at her heart. Are they..together? I did saw them together earlier. An image of Jung Kook smiling down at her hoobae flashed through her mind.

"I'm sorry noona, I need to take this," Jung Kook excused himself before making his way across the yard.


"Sweet angel my ," Jung Kook chuckled playfully at the person on the other line before he continued. "You touched my phone?! You want to die?" 


Soyeon laughed from the other line. "That's for calling me an ahjumma!" She paused for a millisecond before resuming ."Your manager called to inform that he and the other members are just around the corner. I told them to enter through the back gate. So meet me there. Ok bye." She informed him before hanging up.

 

Yes, that's Lee Soyeon. Always straight to the point and when she's busy concentrating on her task, never bothered to even say goodbye. Jung Kook found it rude initially but after living with her through her hectic schedule planning for the school festival, he finally understood her; its hard for her to divide her full attention.

 

"Noona, I have to go. Are you going to stick around to see us perform?" Jung Kook asked as his eyes trailed Minhee's stoic expression. "Oh, sure.Why not?" Minhee flashed him a smile and watch him walk away.

 

---

 

"Wow, its a full house!" Rap Monster exclaimed as he took a seat that Soyeon had reserved for Bangtan Boys at the front of the Grand Hall. They had just arrived five minutes ago and was slightly disappointed that there were no fans to greet their arrival. Heck, there was no one to greet them but their maknae, his wife and a couple of her also good-looking friends which are all sadly, male.


They boys were to perform their special stage at the end of the talent show as the highlight of the event but there are still several more acts lined up before their stage. Missing their own schooling years, they boys wanted to walk around the place but Soyeon insisted that they just enjoy the show and not cause trouble to her and here they are, strapped to their seat beside Soyeon and a number of Soyeon's also good-looking friends. (Soyeon is one lucky guurll)
 

"Seriously Soyeon-ah, don't you have any girl friends?" J-Hope called out from across his seat several seats away from Soyeon.

"I do. But they're back stage." Soyeon answered without hesitation. She got that question a lot and it never bothered her anymore; a friend is a friend no matter what gender they are.

"She has more male friends compared to female, hyung." Jung Kook mumbled beside Soyeon.


"I heard that." Soyeon gave a him a quick side glance before turning to the clip board she was holding.

Tao who was sitting beside her shifted in his seat and bend towards the row of idols. "You guys sure are hot in the market. The number of fans here are no joke." he gave them a thumbs up and cringed at the ear shattering screams from the fans as V and Suga each gave a wink and a I-Know-Right nod.


When he thought that the scream would not get any louder, the crowd became more frantic when the curtain finally opened. Jong In and Lay had their head bend low and was staring at the ground. The light deemed and the crowd became silent as the music started. 

 

Jong In did a ballet move and Lay started off with a smooth jazz moves. They glided across the floor accompanied by the soothing music. Soyeon could here the heavy breathing of the girls in the hall. Suddenly, the tempo of the soft beats changed its course and a electronic-dance music was blasting. They two magnificent dancers on stage changed their pace and started to dance in sync.


"Oh my god the Oppas are hot!" a girl squeaked from behind Soyeon. "I'm melting~ Jong In oppa, you're so y!" Another girl whispered. "I'm so going to enroll here next year. How is it possible to have so many hot guys in one school ?!"  

Soon, the whole crowd cheered and began shouting and chanting their names.
Soyeon had her gaze on her two best friends. It wasn't her first time seeing them dancing but it was the first time she had find her friends incredibly hot on stage.


To her surprise, Jong In was staring back at her too. He pointed a finger towards her and simultaneously smirk and bite his lips as he curled his sinful fingers, as if motioning her towards the stage. Girls behind Soyeon screamed and Soyeon blushed furiously at her friend's bold movements. Jung Kook knew Jong In's intense gaze was for Soyeon and he became flustered when he saw Soyeon turned crimson red.

 

 

 

When it was BTS' turn to perform, Jung Kook was dead serious. He had put his 'game face' on but he could not calm his nerves down. It was just a performance for his school festival but he felt much more burdened compared to performing to larger crowd and great sunbaes in the music industry.

Jong In and Lay were good, but so were the other Exo members: Chen, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Luhan who sang a beautiful cover of Kim Kwang Seok's songs accompanied by Chanyeol's breathtaking guitar playing. These Exo guys are talented. Even the Bangtan Boys could not deny that.

 

"Guys, hwaiting!" Rap Monster called out to s. The MR began to play and Jung Kook sang the first note. It did not take him long before he finally became comfortable and was no longer nervous. He searched for Soyeon at the place where she sat with them just now but she was no longer there. Instead, the tall guy Kris was siting in her place beside Tao. Jung Kook felt disappointment tugged at his heart.

 

The light slightly dimmed and Jung Kook stood under the spotlight for his brief solo. He was glancing around the hall at the screaming fans when his eyes landed on Soyeon at the corner of the hall, smiling up at him.

 

                      

 

 

His confidence build up and he smiled wider, his adrenaline pumped up. What have you done to me Lee Soyeon?

 

 

Meanwhile, several metres away from Soyeon, sat Minhee. She did not realize that Soyeon was standing behind her as she fan her pinked cheeks in pride. I guess he stills like me, Minhee beamed. Or so she thought.

 



 


 Author's Note.

Their feelings for each other grew but Jung Kook is leaving soon. Andwee~
But you know what they say, distance brings you closer as your feelings grew fonder. (Sorry, no one said this, I just made 'em up.)

 

Remember to subscribe and upvote guys! Thanks for all your love and support! *Bows*

 

                                 

Kekeke. This was how they boys arrived at Seoul High :P