Chapter 30

Married to an Idol

Chapter 30









 


"Act normal. Act normal. Act norm--" The next word that came out of Jung Kook's mouth was muffled by Soyeon's heavenly-scented hands. Jung Kook raised a questioning brow at his wife but made no move to remove those delicate hand. It does smell nice.

Soyeon rolled her eyes cutely at Jung Kook. "We are acting normal! You're the one acting all weird and guitly as though we just killed somebody last night." Soyeon sighed as she remove her hand from Jung Kook's mouth. "We didn't do anything did we?"

Jung Kook shook his head slowly. "Good, because--" Soyeon's words were cut off when she saw who were approaching them.



"Jung Kook! Soyeon!" Mrs Jeon called out as they met up at the hotel lobby. When she finally came close, her brows furrowed in concern. "Didn't you kids get any sleep last night?" She ran her eyes over the dark circles under the eyes of the two teenagers  before her.

Soyeon smiled nervously. "We slept late last night." She answered with her eyes rounded in the most unnatural way to appear awake.

Yes, this time both of them stayed awake.

They were too anxious, excited and elated to settle in. Not to mention how awkward it was that things escalated quickly from confessing and then to sleeping together on the same bed. It's not like that they did not just sleep on the same bed the night before but it's a whole different situation once they knew that they like each other.

Suddenly everything was awkward and new to them.
 


After Soyeon had gave her definite answer to be Jung Kook's, both of them found it hard to grasp reality. Like any other normal lovers who had just confessed their attraction towards each other, Soyeon and Jung Kook lay on bed together that night. As a lover and not friends they--









 

 

 

 

 




Talked.

Yes. They had so many concerns to talk about. Like what stage are they at now? "Going out together?Dating?" Jung Kook asked. To which Soyeon replied with an amused chuckle. "I think we're way pass that. We're married!"

In this modern world, well that escalated quickly.

Yes. Because they're not like normal couples out there. They're one of the few that got to feel the heavens of being together with someone they just told they like them and they've already being tied down together! 




 





Jung Kook's father pulled his son away as the two ladies continue to chat and leaned down to whisper into the panic stricken boy's ears. "I hope that you two take into consideration that I'm too young to be a grandfather." He said. There was no hint of humor in his voice as he said those words.

It took a while for Jung Kook to finally understood what his father meant. "Appa!" He blushed. "Wha-what are you talking about! We just stayed up to talk. Talk!" He exclaimed.

A small smirk escaped the middle-aged father's lips. He was about to point out how red Jung Kook turned when his wife called out to his son's relief. "Boys! Let's go!"



---

 


"How have you been?" Mr Jeon asked as soon as he took a seat beside the old man's sickbed. His wife smiled softly at Mr Lee as she placed the store bought daisies on the table beside the bed.

"I'm doing good. Tired, but good." Mr Lee answered as Jung Kook helped him to sit up with the usual grin on his face. Except that the grin appeared wider that day.

Soyeon smiled down at her grandfather as she plant a chaste kiss on his cheeks before taking the bouquet of daisies to put them in a vase. The old man gave a small chuckle at the scene before him. "Someone's happy." He whispered into Jung Kook's ears.

Jung Kook pinked.

"Did you tell her?" Mr Lee continued, his voice low so that no one could hear him but Jung Kook. Jung Kook reddened at the question but nodded nonetheless. Another chuckle escape the old man's frail lips. He gave Jung Kook a mighty tap on his shoulders in approval.

"Jung Kook, can you help umma to buy a drink from the vending machine out front? I'm thirsty." Mrs Jeon called out to her son as she fished out her purse from her handbag. Phew. Mrs Jeon really had good timing to save her son from awkward situation that day.

Soyeon smiled charmingly at Jung Kook as she shook her head at him. "Aniya, let me go and buy it." She offered.



Jung Kook followed her out anyway. Smoothly, he walked by her side with the happiest smile on his face. Neither of them said anything.

Jung Kook secretly glanced at Soyeon's hands. One was fidgeting with the hem of her skirt and the other was dangling freely on her side. It's been awhile now that Jung Kook finds Soyeon's hand so delicate and tempting for him to hold .

And today, the urge to hold it is much bigger. The chance was there and he knew that Soyeon wouldn't mind.

Jung Kook build up the courage to make his move. Carefully, he moved his right hand closer to Soyeon's left ones.  Slowly, slowly...



 




There! "Our skin brushed!" Jung Kook squealed inside his head at the small contact even though Soyeon took no notice of it.

Slowly, he move closer to take her hands in his. Just a little more--



But they soon arrived at the front of the building where the vending machine was located. Aish...


A small girl, about the age of four was on her tip toes as she tried to reach the button on the top most of the tall machine. Her small face was scrunched up cutely as her pigtails bounced every time she makes small jumps.

She was dressed from top to toe in pink! And even the drink she was aiming for was pink- a strawberry lemonade. She somehow reminded Soyeon of someone. Someone bold enough to dye his hair pink.

"Here, let me help you." Soyeon smiled kindly at the girl and helped her pressed the button to the drink she desired. 


Thunk thunk thud.


The girl bend down down to scoop the cool drink and hugged it to her small body. "Thank you unnie!" She smiled happily.

Jung Kook giggled at her adorable reaction and his eyes would not stop glowing at the kid before him. "Do you like pink?" He asked out of curiosity.

She nodded shyly. She breaks open to say something but stop when she spot someone over Jung Kook's shoulders. "Oppa!" She called out, her eyes lighting up.


"Hana!" L.Joe called out as he makes his way towards their direction. Jung Kook and Soyeon turned out to face their school pink-haired delinquent. Wait. Was he being cute?

L.Joe paled at the sight of his two schoolmates and his brows immediately furrowed in dislike which he immediately wiped off when the cute girl - most likely to be his sister - came running to him to show the drink she had bought on her own.

"Why didn't you wait for oppa?" L.Joe gave the cutie in his arms a mock glare with a small pout. Jung Kook rounded his eyes in disbelief and tried with much effort to hold back from emitting a chuckle. This is the L.Joe he knows from school - his classmate. But why was he so different?

Hana smiles up at her brother as she shove the drink in her brother's face. "Don't worry oppa. Unnie helped me to press the button." She pointed with a stubby finger at Soyeon. L.Joe met eyes with Soyeon and the air suddenly grew thin.

"I didn't know you have a sister, Lee Byunghun." Soyeon chuckled lightly as she move closer to pinch Hana's cheeks lightly. "Now I understand why you dyed your hair pink. Because Hana loves pink doesn't she?" She cooed adoringly at the little girl who was looking back at her with huge round eyes that mirrored Soyeon's.

L.Joe stood still for awhile as he tried to balance his sister in his arms. "None of your business." L.Joe said and Jung Kook felt slightly mad that he was rude to Soyeon. He cleared his throat. "Aren't you guys supposed to be in school?" L.Joe asked.

The anger slightly dissipated as Jung Kook laughed at the irony. "Back at you."

L.Joe glowered at Jung Kook and started to walk away. Mid-way, he stop and turn to look at his sister. "Have you thank them for helping you?" He asked. Even if they were his so-called arch enemies, that doesn't mean he shouldn't teach his sister some manners right?


That's it. Jung Kook cracked with laughter.



---


"Should we go and grab something to eat?" Mrs Jeon asked as they got into the black sedan after visiting Soyeon's grandfather. Their visit had drag on for a while and it's now pass lunch time.

Jung Kook nodded his head eagerly at the idea. This meant that he got to spent a few more hours with Soyeon before they send her home. He turned to look at Soyeon sitting beside him on the back seat, but the girl was caught up with the phone in her hand.

Her nose scrunched up cutely as she scrolled down her phone and a small sigh escape her lips. "It's okay eomonim. You can send me home. I need to meet up with a friend later."


Jung Kook's smile faltered and he felt his heart breaking a little.

Mr Jeon looked at his daughter-in-law through the rear-view mirror, his brows raised quizzically. "Are you sure? It will only be for a while." 

"It's okay. I don't want to make him wait. I'll just grab something to eat with him later." Soyeon answered with an eye smile.

"Him?!" Jung Kook asked, slightly louder than he intended. His parents smiled a secret smile but did not turn to look at their son. "Who?!" Jung Kook asked, this time with a hushed tone.

Soyeon jerked back a little, slightly weirded out at Jung Kook's reaction. But her lips soon curled into a smile at how handsome Jung Kook actually looks with his brows furrowed, his eyes dark with irritation and worry. "Don't worry, it's just Jong In."


And that's the guy he was actually worried about.



---

"Umma, appa. You guys can go ahead. I will stay with Soyeon." Jung Kook said as they reached Soyeon's house. All head turns to face Jung Kook.

"Why would you? She's meeting up with someone." Mrs Jeon turned around in her seat to face her son. "Don't stuck your nose into someone else's business."

Well, her business is my business now. Jung Kook wanted to say, and his heart skipped a beat as the thought left his mind. He left his mother's question unanswered. "Araseo, araseo." He finally replied with a heavy heart.

Soyeon got out of the car with Mr Jeon to retrieve her suitcase from the trunk. Jung Kook jutted his lips out in defeat and followed his mother out of the car.

 


"Take care eomonim, abeonim. I'll see you soon." Soyeon said as she hugged and kiss the Jeon's. Mr and Mrs Jeon replied back with the same wishing and they waved each other goodbye.

Jung Kook waited for his parents to get in the car so that he could have some alone time with Soyeon, but they didn't. They stood on their spot innocently just to irk their son. And it seemed to be working.

After what felt like a torturous, awkward one minute, Mr and Mrs Jeon finally walked back into the car to leave their son alone. And that is, with much giggling and secret smiles.

"Are you going back to your dorm after this?" Soyeon asked as Jung Kook walked her to her front door. Jung Kook lets out a long sigh before he looked up at her with a new smile lighting up his face.

"Will you miss me?" He asked with a sly smile. God he looked devilishly handsome!

Soyeon felt her cheeks burning. "You're so full off yourself!" She shoved Jung Kook away and place a hand on the handle of the front door. "Bye zaijian!" She quoted a famous catchphrase as she closed the door on his face.

Jung Kook stared at the door, stunned. Did she just--

But then the door  slowly opened and a head peeked out of the small gap. "I will. So call me." Soyeon said hastily with rosy tint on her cheeks before she closed the door on his face again.

Jung Kook smiled. "That wasn't so hard wasn't it?"



---


Soyeon hugged the box of fried chickens she was carrying to her chest and gave the delicious smell a long sniff. "Ummm!" She beamed in glee as she felt began to water.

She swallowed in her saliva and recomposed herself as she walked closer towards the neighborhood playground and her eyes immediately light up as she saw the familiar back of her friend sitting on one of the swings, his head hung low in deep thought.

"Jong In~" Soyeon sang as she gave her best friend a back hug.

Jong In jerked forward at the touch and he turned around in surprise. His facial expression softens when he saw who it was. And what was in her hands.

"I see you've bought me some fried chickens. What's the occasion?" He asked, a playful smile on his face. Jong In pulled Soyeon and made her sit on the swing beside him and helped her to get comfy.

Soyeon said her thanks and her face was serious all of a sudden. "Because you're mad at me." She said, knowing Jong In so well even though there wasn't any visible trace on Jong In's handsome face that he was mad.
 
Jong In kept on a straight face as he asked her again. "Why would I be mad at you?" Oh yes I'm mad at you Lee Soyeon.

Soyeon chewed on her bottom lips and Jong In could see how horrible she felt inside. "Because I didn't tell you I will be out of town." She said.

You're smart Lee Soyeon. Jong In smiled softly at Soyeon as he took the box of chickens from her hand. "Good that you're aware of your mistake. Next time please don't keep me in the dark."

And the smile was back on Soyeon's face and Jong In can't help but to smile back at her.

But that's not just it Soyeon. There's more that you didn't tell me about.








"Oh! I almost forgot!" Soyeon clapped her hands together, suddenly remembering something . She wiped the crumbs on her clothes before taking her backpack and ped it. "I bought you guys something." 

Soyeon pulled out a t-shirt and some trinkets from her bag and look through it as she tried to find the one she had bought for Jong In. Jong In's eager smile vanished when a sudden image flashed in his mind at the sight of the items on Soyeon's lap.

The image of Soyeon and Jung Kook buying the souvenirs together.

"I picked this out specifically for you!" Soyeon showed the black shirt she held in her hand. Jong In took the shirt but he was feeling less than enthusiastic. Soyeon began taking something out from her bag and handed it to Jong In. It was a wooden nameplate with 'Kai' carved on it.  "And Jung Kook bought this for you."


Crack. Jong In knew that Soyeon had went there with Jung Kook. He had seen those pictures. But when it came out from her own mouth - 


It hurts to hear.




"Soyeon," Jong In breaks his mouth open, his voice slightly cracked. "Are you going out with Jung Kook?"



Soyeon wasn't oblivious. She saw the weird expression on Jong In's face but was too late to notice that it was 'hurt' written on his face because Jong in was quick to replace it with a smile he tried so hard to fake.




Jong In is her friend. Her best friend. Her family. How long could she keep it from him? 

A lot of thoughts ran in her mind as she looked back at Jong In with an incomprehensible expression. This is Kim Jong In. I can tell him right? Soyeon felt sick and pressured.










 

 

 


Soyeon nodded.




 



Jong In saw it coming, but he didn't know it  would be so painful.

Jong In could hear his heart breaking in slow motion, so clearly. He could feel it drop and break into little pieces. Have you experienced this feeling? That feeling when you hear something that you wish wasn't true, the truth you have made yourself  not believe, read something you wish you hadn't, or seen something you wish you hadn't.

That is what Jong In is feeling.