Chapter 11

Married to an Idol

Chapter 11

 

"You're late as usual you turtle!" Baekhyun howled at Suho from his place as Suho ran to his desk beside Kyungsoo's and hurriedly place his bag on his table. 


Suho looked around the half-filled classroom, apparently looking for Soyeon. "Where's Soyeon?" Suho asked as he fished through his school bag for his notebook. 


Kyungsoo looked up to answer Suho's question."You just missed her. She went ahead with Kris." Kyungsoo replied before turning his gaze back to the book he was reading. 

Suho continued his marathon and ran out of the classroom but slowed his steps when he heard Lay calling out to remind him that he was not supposed to run in the corridor.



Suho had no problem spotting Kris from across the school yard. Kris stood out like a sore thumb by the school gate, his black hair slicked back, his expression displayed none. Girls giggled as they passed by him, admiring his god-like beauty. Some even squealed just at the sight of him to which he did not even bat an eye.

Soyeon is by his side, looking more petite than she actually is, carefully checking her wristwatch for the time.


It might've looked as though she was too eager to close the school gate and write down the name of the latecomers, but in actual fact, she was worried for Jeon Jung Kook who came home late from a photoshoot he had last night. She was in a hurry that morning and decided that Jung Kook would be used to waking up for school on his own by now. But as the time ticks away, she wondered if she should have wake him up after all.



Tick tick tick.


Time passed.


Suho signaled the school guard to close the school gate as soon as the clock strikes eight and the school bell chime simultaneously. Jung kook was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he had decided not to go to school. Soyeon thought as she hurried several students running towards the school.

After fifteen minutes of waiting, the vicinity is finally cleared of any student, hence Suho decided that they could head back to their classroom.


Just as they had started to walk away, they heard a voice calling out to them. Jeon Jung Kook was panting, trying to catch his breath in front of the school gate. His hair plastered on his wet forehead.


"Aigoo, you're late again." Kris clicks his tongue, annoyed as he beckoned Jung Kook towards him. "Let me see, you woke up late again?" Kris asked without looking up from his notebook. He wrote down Jung Kook's name with familiarity and once he was done, he finally look up and gave Jung Kook a long look and heaved a heavy sigh. "You can go to your class now. Remember, its already two strikes. The next time you're late you'll have to go for detention again."


Soyeon can't help but to notice the agitated look Jung Kook gave her just before he walked away. 


"Why does he still go to school if he's busy anyway?" Suho asked out loud particularly to no one. And his question was left unanswered.



---

 

For lunch break that day, the gang decided to eat at the school rooftop where it would be quiet so that they could discuss about the school festival. The student council need not just plan the festival, they were also expected to take part in the competition held among clubs and classes for the best event and money raised.

Chen had come up with an idea to hold a concert to which Kyungsoo and Baekhyun wholeheartedly support. So does Tao and Chanyeol who were eager to contribute with their rap talent.

With everyone onboard, the decision to hold a concert was made. "Okay, all we need is just dancers." Hyeseong looked down at the list she's been writing.


"We can all be dancers." Luhan suggested.


"No, I think what she meant was, a main dancer for the dance break." Haerin answered on behalf of her sister, understanding her sister well.


"I know just the perfect person for this." Soyeon looked around at her friends scattered across the rooftop. Chen had stopped warming up his throat and paid full attention towards Soyeon. "Who?" he asked.


"Kim Jong In." Soyeon smiled in glee at Jong in sitting cross-legged beside Kyungsoo.

Someone snorted while others looked utterly shock. Everyone but Lay.

"Kai? I don't know you could dance! Come on, show us your moves!" Xiumin called out to Jong In.

Gulp. Jong In became flustered. "What? I don't know how to dance!" Jong In blushed as the whole group turned to him eagerly.

"Oh come on. I know you can. I've seen you dance before!" said Soyeon. Jong In turned to Soyeon after she said those words. His brows furrowed in confusion.

"Come on Kai. Kai! Kai! Kai! Kai!" The whole group began to chant his name out loud and gave a loud cheer when Jong In finally stood up.


"Give me a beat." He beckoned towards Chanyeol who began to beatbox as instructed. The cheer grew louder as Joing In swayed his hips across the roof top as though it was a dance floor. He did a little twirl and dropped his body onto the floor before raising himself, mid-air with the support of his muscular arms.

Lay who was carefully watching him finally stood up and moonwalk towards Jong In. And for all they knew, it had become a dance battle between Lay and Jong In.


Everyone was equally surprised at both Jong In and Lay's talent. It was decided that the two would be in charge of dancing.




All of the cheering and shouting had made Soyeon thirsty. The bottled water she brought from home had long finish. After taking drink orders from the other members, Soyeon invited Haerin to follow her to buy the drinks to which she had passed the opportunity to Jong In.

"Didn't you say you have to meet a teacher?" Haerin reminded him, there was a hidden meaning behind her smile.

Jong In knew the consequences of playing with fire so he decided to just follow Soyeon. Before they head to the vending machine, they stopped by the staff room to get a stamp of approval from the teacher-in-charge of the school festival before Jong In could send out the invitation letters to other schools.

 


"Yah! Why did you tell those guys about my dancing?" Jong In asked as soon as they got out from the staff room. He was still flushed from all the dancing.


Soyeon laughed out loud at Jong In's ridiculousness."Kkamjong-ah, do you know how much talent you have? Why must you keep it a secret?" Soyeon called him by his other nickname.


Jong In pinked at her compliments. "Was I  good? I was embarrassed thinking that it wasn't good enough for others to see."


A sly smirk tugged at Soyeon's lips. "Well, not that good to me though, but its good enough."


They both chuckled. Both knew that Soyeon didn't mean any of it. "Babo." Jong In shoved Soyeon's head and walked past her to the vending machine in front of them.



Soyeon inserted the money she was given into the coin slot and started pressing on the button for the drinks the gang had ordered, Jong in standing beside her helping her to recall the long list of orders. After Soyeon was sure she was done with the orders she pressed on the button for a lemon drink.


"Why did you buy extra?" Jong In asked her as he tried to balance four cans of drinks in his arms. Soyeon did not reply but walked towards Jung Kook who had just walked by from the direction of the canteen. Soyeon handed him the lemon drink she had bought and whispered a silent  "I'm sorry for not waking you up this morning" at him.


Jung Kook was equally confused as Jong In is but accepted it anyway. Without another word, Soyeon trotted towards Jong In, trying to balance the can of drinks she was carrying herself.


"Why did you give him that extra drink?" Jong In asked as they walked back towards the roof top.


"To thank him for the Tupperware." Soyeon lied, giving Jong In her dimpled-smile and continued walking.



 

On the other end of the hallway, Jung Kook was rooted to his spot, looking carefully at the cool drink in his hand, searching for answers to this weird feeling that started to creep into his heart.