Chapter 24

Married to an Idol

Chapter 24



"I'm screwed! I'm screwed!" Tao wailed in his seat, his hands thrashed about. His dark-circled eyes never left Mr Han's back as the teacher took off from the class with their History paper.

Kris who was sitting beside him rolled his eyes and popped a candy into his mouth. He threw one at Tao but the boy never took it and it eventually landed on his desk. Tch. "What's done is done, Tao."

Tao knew that though. He knew perfectly well that there's nothing he could do to mend his mistakes. Its not like he could turn back time and retake the History paper anyway.  

But all he wanted to do now, is wail. "Soyeon!! I should've taken your advice! The topics you mention came out!" Tao ignored Kris and walked over to Soyeon's desk. But to his surprise, Soyeon looked much worse than him. Her eye bag were darker than his natural ones and she had one side of her cheek deeply planted on her desk.

"Hey are you okay? It was hard, wasn't it?" Tao knew he shouldn't feel good about this but he was slight relieved and a small smile escaped his lips. "If Seoul High's top student finds it hard then-"

"She didn't find it hard. She's just exhausted. " Jong In answered from beside Soyeon. Soyeon did not look up from her position but just nodded weakly. The paper wasn't hard at all - Soyeon had prepared well for it. And the preparation was what made her exhausted the entire week.

Soyeon was already smart enough, so does she need to work this hard? Actually, no. Studying was just an excuse - a distraction from her jumble of thoughts of Jung Kook, Jung Kook and Jung Kook. What have you done to me Jeon Jung Kook ?!!

 

"Hey, what's Jung Kook doing here?" Chen suddenly asked from behind Soyeon, obviously to no one in particular. Jung Kook? Why would he be here? Okay, now I'm beginning to hear things. You're losing it Soyeon...

"Oh, he must be here for me." Chanyeol stood up from his desk on Soyeon's left side. "I guess he couldn't get enough of my charms." He smiled smugly and waved at Jung Kook as he approached the latter.

Soyeon finally raised her head and adjusted her seat before she turn to look at the entrance of her classroom. Chanyeol was smiling brightly at Jung Kook as they exchanged a few words before Chanyeol called out Soyeon's name. "Soyeon! Jung Kook wants to meet you." And Chanyeol looked utterly dissappointed.

Soyeon was surprised, but she didn't let it show on her face.

Nonetheless, she stood up from her seat and walked towards the door. She's not sure why, but she doesn't want to look into Jung Kook's eyes. She looked everywhere but into his deep set of eyes. "Yes, can I help you with anything?"

"Hey, you don't look good. Are you okay?" He asked. Soyeon wasn't radiating that bright aura of her's and Jung Kook never knew that he hated the absence of it. Soyeon gave him a shrug and finally looked up at him with a small, tired smile lighting up her pale face. And he guessed that she was just exhausted from studying.
 
Seriously Jeon Jung Kook. Who the hell studies to that extent?

"Anyway. I texted you. Why didn't you reply?" He cut through the chase and asked the question.

Soyeon lets out a soft giggle before answering, "School is still in session. And you do know you're not supposed to be using your phone during school hours right?"

At normal circumstances, Jung Kook would blush, realizing that he just got caught red-handed by the Student Council's vice president. But not today. The text message he sent to her that morning wasn't the only problem. Soyeon had sort off indirectly avoided him.

She did not ignore his text messages or avoided him when they bumped into each other on the school compund -she still smiled and all- but she seemed to be setting a distance between them. Like there's an unspoken misunderstanding between them.

You know, it feels as though she was close yet so far.

"Soyeon, you shouldn't push yourself. Its taking a toll on you." He offered  that boyish smile to her. And her heart just melted; all her sorrows and exhaustion gone."You know you'll do good."

"Of course I would." Soyeon faked a smug smile and flicks the end of her tied-up hair.

"Which is why, I'm asking you this favor." Jung Kook said. It was his turn to avoid making eye contact with her. His cheeks pinked and he rubbed his neck sheepishly. "Can you tutor me for our last paper tomorrow? I'm very bad at maths."



 

 


"Ahh, its been so long since I've been here." Jung Kook said as he pushed the door to the school library open and the refreshing breeze from the air conditioner hits them. "To think about it, I don't think I've ever been here before."

Soyeon stopped on her tracks and turned to face Jung Kook in a swift motion. "For real?" A small frown marred her smooth brows. "I can't believe I actually agreed to marry you."

Jung Kook chuckled loudly before he bend down to whisper into her ears, "well too bad you did. Cause I'm your husband now, so deal with it." And the both of them blushed a deep red at Jung Kook's remark.

Just before any of them could break their mouth open to speak, a loud voice boomed across the quite - and what Soyeon thought would be empty - library. "HEY! YOU GUYS-"

"SHUUSSHH. Please lower down your voices." The head librarian spoke up. Baekhyun bowed apologetically at the librarian and sheepishly makes his way to Soyeon and Jung Kook's direction.

"Wow, that was embarrassing." Baekhyun said even though he looked far from being embarrassed. He was smiling from ear to ear as he turned to greet Jung Kook enthusiastically. "Are you guys here to revise? Come and join us! I would really appreciate your help Soyeon!"

Soyeon shared a similar expression as Jung Kook. Its nice if the group is bigger - the more the merrier - but it's been so long since they hung out together - just the two of them. But before she could react, Baekhyun had an arm around her shoulders and had started dragging her to the back of the school library.

 

 

 

"Hey Soyeon. And-" Haerin gave her a curt nod along with a mischievous smile. "Jung Kook." Haerin was glad that Jong In wasn't with them. If he were, he would be hurt just by looking at the perfect two.

Soyeon swallowed her saliva nervously. Damn! Why is she always so nervous nowadays? Jung Kook smiled reassuringly at Soyeon and calmly took a seat beside her, facing Haerin.

"Hello Jeon Jung Kook~" Hyesong sang cutely as she linked arms with Baekhyun as the the latter sat back in his place. Jung Kook laughed adorably in return and exchanged a few polite words with the two sisters as he make himself comfortable before the crowded table.

The table was filled with books and stationary were scattered everywhere; pens strewn around without its cap, notebooks opened up to random pages and exercise sheets flying about. Nothing is ever neat wherever Hyeseong and Baekhyun went. 

Soyeon smiled amusingly as she gathered up the scattered books and piled them up. Hyeseong clicks her tongue and Haerin shook her head disapprovingly. All of them had the same though; Soyeon would be a good wife someday. 

"You'll be a great wife someday. If by chance, we're both are single in the next ten years, will you marry me?" Baekhyun suddenly asked out of the blue and Soyeon almost choked on her own saliva while Jung Kook's eyes were big as saucers. But their reaction was not as big as Hyeseong.

"Byun Baekhyun!" Hyeseong gasped as she threw punches at her boyfriend's bold proposal. Soyeon could see that she was almost in tears and Kim Hyeseong is one hell of a cry baby.

"Don't worry, Hyeseong. I won't marry him even if it was a life and death situation. Never!" Soyeon offered her a reasuring pat as she glared at Baekhyun who was still calming down from his laughing fit.

"There's because you're married to me." Jung Kook leaned down to whisper near Soyeon's ears; barely audible for anyone to hear but her. As the words came out of his precious lips, his eyes lit up with a teasing glint.
 
Dammit. What's with me and my marriage joke? Jung Kook mentally face palmed himself at the realization of his greasy statement.


Bzzt Bzzt


Jung Kook left Soyeon pinked and stunned as he fished his phone out of his pocket. It was a text message from Minhee asking if he wanted to meet up with her. Jung Kook wasn't sure if it was just him but he felt that he's been hanging out with Minhee way too often these days.

To be honest, Minhee was not as great to be with as Jung Kook thought it would be just a year ago.

 

"Let me guess. Was that Minhee sunbae?" Haerin asked, not looking up from the question she was trying to solve. Other than Kim Taehyung, mathematics is the only other thing she had failed to understand.

Soyeon tensed up at the mention of Minhee's name. She too, did not look up from her textbook, afraid that if she look up her friends would be able to read the words written in her expression; discomfort.

"How did you know?" Jung Kook was slightly amazed but not utterly surprised.

"Lucky guess-"

"So it's true?" Baekhyun asked, cutting Haerin's words, his ears perked up in excitement.

"What is?" Jung Kook cocked an eye brow at the trio who now had all their attention on him.

"You and Minhee sunbae seeing each other even after she rejected you?" Jung Kook's milky face reddened in embarrassment. "You guys knew that?"

He wasn't surprise that they thought he was dating Minhee, rumors are all over the internet -and school. But he was shocked that they knew his embarassing black past of being rejected!

"So it's true?!" Everyone turned their head to the direction of the person who voiced out, not expecting her to react in any way at all - what more with veins popping out of her cute little forehead and eyes as huge as saucers.

 

 


 

 

"Goodbye guys!"

"Take good care of our Soyeon!" The trio hollered as they waved Jung Kook and Soyeon goodbye before taking off in the opposite direction. Soyeon reached into her school bag for the plastic umbrella she would always bring with her.

 

It was raining hard as soon they got out from the school library. Soyeon never really like the rain. It makes her wet and the smell of it suffocates her at times. There's also the thunder and lightning that sometime comes with it. And we all know how much Soyeon hated that.


But then, Soyeon likes it when it was about to rain as much as she hates falling rain. The weather just before the first few drops of the rain hits the ground had a calming effect on her. The darkening sky, cool breeze and the trees that rustled as the wind blew - if only it would last long enough for her to enjoy it.


"May I?" Soyeon snapped out of her daze as soon as Jung Kook's velvety voice reach her ears.


Which adds to another item on her list of favorite things; his voice.


"What?"


"The umbrella. Let me hold it." Jung Kook lets out a small laugh as he reached his hand out to grab the handle of the clear umbrella Soyeon was holding, "I didn't bring mine"

 

"Ouh, okay". Butterflies danced inside her tummy.


Jung Kook accidentally brushed his hands against Soyeon's and they both shared the same spark and tingles that passed through them. Neither of the two wanted to break the silence that consequently evolved so they continued walking under the rain.


Soyeon's heart was beating fast and it did not help that she is now under one umbrella with Jeon Jung Kook. She was so close to him that their arms kept brushing against each other.

"So, urmm.." Jung Kook spoke to break the silence. "You were surprised huh?"

"Of what?"

"When you thought that I'm actually dating Minhee noona."

"Who wouldn't?! There's pictures of you and Minhee sunbae are all over the internet.You're married to me but you're off dating other girls!" Soyeon protested. "I'm too young to be married to a cheating husband!"


Soyeon huffed. Her blood boiling in anger. Yes, she had thought about it too many times before and its a relief that she finally got the chance to express her thoughts out loud.


"I didn't mean to scare you." Jung Kook stopped on his tracks and turned to teasingly stare at Soyeon. "Hey, are you jealous?"

"No, I'm not. Don't flatter yourself. It's just a matter of pride and dignity."

"Well, don't worry. Your pride and dignity is safe. I won't cheat on you."

"How can I trust you?"

"Well, I trusted you with your twelve unbelievably good-looking friends." Jung Kook snarled as the words rolled off of his tongue. "Not to mention one of them actually has a feeling for you." The last sentence came out merely a whisper.

"What?" Soyeon asked, unclear to the words spoken as the rain drowned both of their voices as it fell harder, roughly hitting the ground beneath.

 

 

"Be careful!" Jung Kook yelled as he wrapped an arm around Soyeon's petite little waist and pulled her away from the oncoming car that threatened to hit them with a huge splash of muddy puddle. Soyeon stumbled on her steps and almost fell down on her knees - but Jung Kook was quick to catch her.

 

Badump badump.

 

As soon as they were out of the way, Jung Kook examined Soyeon carefully from head to toe for any possible injury. Concern was written all over his face.


Dammit. I like him. I like him a lot.

 

 


Author's Note:

I'm sorry its short. And I'm sorry its such a fail. OTL
​I'm very depressed at the moment, so I hope you'll excuse me TT.TT
My exam result is coming out soon! *WAILSSS*