Chapter 33

Married to an Idol

 

Chapter 33

Soyeon knelt by her bed and watches over Jung Kook as he slept soundly, listening with concentration as small breath escapes his lips with every heave of his chest. Every once in a while, Jung Kook would contort his face, forming creases on his forehead as he grits his teeth; the pillow he was cuddling tightened in his embrace.


He must have been tired.  

Soyeon ran her eyes along his handsome face; he was slightly pale and haggard and there were dark circles underneath his closed lids. It's the first time since Jung Kook's arrival at her house a couple of hours ago that Soyeon realized that Jung Kook had finally relax every muscle of his body - She didn't notice it then that he was so stiff, so worn out.

The same sense of pity washes over her again. To think that Jung Kook is the same age as her yet carries a heavier burden than what a teenager should carry, pains Soyeon. Of course this was his choice, his dream - but Jung kook didn't choose to get married to her didn't he?

Unlike other underage idols, none of them were married unlike Jung Kook. They had one lesser problem than Jung Kook to think about ; does this makes her a problem to him?

Why had this thought never crossed her mind until now? 


 

 


Ring Ring...

 

 

Just then, Jung Kook's phone rang and Soyeon could sense it vibrating inside the pocket of Jung Kook's jeans. Carefully, she pushed Jung Kook's arm away and slid her hand inside his pocket to pull the smart phone out.
 

 


Manager Yoo Calling...

 


Soyeon reached for the green icon to answer the phone but hesitated when her conscience told her not to. If she were to answer the call, she would have to send Jung Kook away - back to his busy life of non-stop practicing. And the better part of her wanted to be selfish and hide him away from the world and just let him rest.
 


As Soyeon debated on whether to answer the call, her thumb shook as it hovered over the green icon, the ringing had stopped.
 

 


Kreeek.

 

 

Soyeon turned to the door to see her mother peeking through the small slit, surprised to see a boy sleeping on her daughter's bed. "Aigoo, he must be tired." She said with a warm, motherly smile. "Should I wake him up?"
 


Soyeon did not answer her as she turned her gaze back to look at Jung Kook.
 

 

 

 

 

"Umma." She whispered. "How can I be sure that I'm strong enough to stay by his side? To stand by him through his pain when I can't even stand seeing him tired and pushing over his limits? And I also felt like a big boulder in his life, causing him problems."

Mrs Lee softens her gaze as she leaned against the door frame with her arms crossed against her chest. "You didn't feel this way before did you? You never see yourself as a someone troublesome to him before didn't you?" She asked and Soyeon shook her head. "I think you're beginning to care for him."

"Maybe you don't see yourself the way others see you, but you have your own strength. If you ever think you're not strong enough, isn't that the reason why the other half is there for you? To build the strength together?"


"There's always a reason why you were meant for someone."



After saying those words, Mrs Lee blew a kiss at her daughter before closing the door, leaving Soyeon to think her words through. With a contented sigh, Soyeon grab Jung Kook's smartphone and redial manager Yoo's number.





-----

 


Jung Kook cracks his eyes open to the sight of a brown duvet hugging his body. He roll over to his side and soon realized that he was still in Soyeon's room. I accidentally slept over at her place? Jung Kook rubs his eyes and lets out a satisfied groan as he stretched his body awake. 

He had a good sleep.

The sound of his groan had caused something to stir on the floor, beside the bed and under the thick blankets. As if on cue, a small head popped out of the blankets and the girl underneath stretched her arms and legs, wriggling the blankets off of her. She rolled of to her side and came face to face with Jung Kook.


 

"Oh good morning." Soyeon said as she smiled up at Jung Kook. 

 

Jung Kook grinned in return. "Good morning." It's nice to wake up to a beautiful sight - and he means Soyeon. It feels refreshing and blissful.
 


They laid there for awhile, just staring at each other - Jung Kook looking down at her while Soyeon looked up from her position.  After a few minutes, Jung Kook started to make funny faces at Soyeon by scrunching up his nose and twitching his lips and Soyeon would imitate him. Both of them would end up with laughter until Soyeon finally decides to end the game and get out of bed, earning a lazy moan from Jung Kook.

He wanted to stay that way; if possible, forever.

 

Jung kook only moved to shift to a more comfortable position and prop his head on his palm as he continued to laze around on the  bed and follows Soyeon's every move with his eyes as she draws the curtain open; the sun has yet to rise and it was still dark outside.
 


"I'm going to school, so you can head back to your dorm. I've already called for your manager last night to pick you up at eight." Soyeon said as she folded the blankets neatly and kept it in a cupboard by the closet. Jung Kook finally stands up and helped to make the bed he had slept in.

"Can I go to school with you?" He asked as he smooth out the creases of the bed sheet, awkwardly. He never finds any point of making the bed when you're only going to sleep on it again that night. Also, because he never really use a bed sheet in his dorm for the same reason.

Soyeon mentally giggles and felt giddy at his words but kept her face straight as she pull the coffee table back to it's rightful place at the center of the room after pushing it away to make room for her blankets last night. "Your comeback is just around the corner right?"

Jung Kook nodded his head at her question. "You'll be coming to my showcase right?" He asked. When he noticed that Soyeon wasn't answering he turned around to see Soyeon looking back at him with a playful smile on her lips.

"Hmm... I don't know. Should I?" Soyeon closes her eyes as though she was thinking hard before finally deciding. "Okay! Since you insist." She giggles when she saw Jung Kook rolling his eyes at her before resuming his task. "So you should go for practice and show me a worthy performance. I don't want to be a burden to your manager and members." She muttered quietly, the small insecurity was still there.

 

Jung Kook gave himself a thumbs up when he realize that he did a good job at making the bed before settling down on the floor and sat cross leg facing Soyeon. "Why? Did my manager said anything when you called him yesterday?"
 

Soyeon's silence seemed to have given him a clue. Manager Yoo may be friendly but he is very strict about work but what could he have possibly said to Soyeon? "What did he say to you? He was mad wasn't he? Since I left the dorm without any notice."

Soyeon chewed on her bottom lips as she played with the hem of her oversize shirt and pajama shorts. "He didn't say anything to me, but will you be okay?"

Jung Kook giggled at her reaction and walk up to take her small face in his hands. "Don't worry. Manager hyung can't do anything to me. I'll just have to put up with his nagging." He chuckles to himself. I don't mind getting scolded if it means I get to wake up happy every morning.

Soyeon blushes at his sweet gaze and she shift her eyes to look at anywhere but Jung Kook. She scanned her room for something to pull her away from the flattering yet uncomfortable situation."Omo, look at the time!" Soyeon exclaimed as she lift her right hand and shoved her bare wrist at Jung Kook. "I need to get ready for school!" She said before running to the bathroom with her school uniform.

Jung Kook blinked his eyes several times as he look at the door that Soyeon just slammed. "But you didn't have a watch on you."

 

Cute.


-----

 


"What are you searching for?" Jung Kook asked as he walked down to the kitchen after taking a refreshing shower - although he still had on the shirt he wore yesterday - and Soyeon was seen busy racking the cabinets in search of something.
 


"A container... " She mumbled to herself before closing the door to the final cabinet. "When did I last used that Tupperware?" She thought out loud, an elbow propped over the other arm as she caress her chin in a thoughtful manner. "Ah! I gave it to Byunghun!" She suddenly remembered. "But he didn't return it to me~" She wailed with a disappointed sigh and grab another Tupperware instead.
 


Jung Kook walked over to the island counter and watches Soyeon as she kept the kimbap she had made into three separate containers. "Speaking of L.Joe and container... did you really meant to give him the lunch box last time? It really wasn't for me?" He asked.
 


Soyeon continued packing and did not turn around to answer him. "No, it was for you. But because Minhee sunbae already made one for you... I just gave it to Byunghyun instead since he was coincidentally there." She said with not even a small hint of having a hard feeling over it.

 

Knowing the she likes him at that time, Jung Kook wondered if she was hurt by his gesture. Absentmindedly, Jung Kook walked closer towards Soyeon and wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. "I'm sorry that I didn't know." 
 


Soyeon giggled at the touch and pushed him away, at the same time looking around to make sure that her parents weren't up yet. "Araseo, araseo. Now please, get off me. I didn't know you were so into skin ship!" Soyeon said as she closed the lids of the containers.
 


Jung Kook scrunched up his nose as he laughs. "Even I'm not sure where I got this courage from. But I'm still cute and shy though!" He said and hauled himself on top of the counter beside Soyeon. "Anyway, who are these for?" He asked, taking one of the Tupperware and open it to look at the contents.


Soyeon clapped her hands at her finished work. "For you, Jong In and me!" She said and wrapped the other two Tupperware that Jung kook wasn't holding with a cloth.

"Why only Jong In? Out of all of your friends, why only him?" Jung Kook asked, totally disturbed by her words.

Soyeon hums to herself as she thinks through Jung Kook's question. "I don't know. It's too much of a hassle to do for fifteen people, so I only made one for Jong In since I've always been doing so since we were in middle school." Her mouths twitches in annoyance after the last words left . "Now that I think about it, it doesn't seem fair does it? Aishh.."

 

Soyeon remove Jong In's lunchbox from the stack and place it on the counter instead. "I don't think I can live with the guilt. I'll just give to appa for him to bring to his work." She said with a small pout and Jung kook smiled a little in triumph. One point to Jung Kook and zero to Jong In.
 


"Can I walk you to school at least?" Jung Kook asked as hopped down the counter and followed Soyeon out of the kitchen towards the living room. He watches Soyeon put on her school blazer and handed her school bag.

"It's okay. I don't want to take the risk and be seen with you by anyone." She said before walking towards the door. "Good luck on your practice and I'll see you when we meet again."  Soyeon waved at him with a huge smile.

"That sounds sad."  Jung Kook said before opening the door for her. "Goodbye." 


Jung Kook watches until Soyeon finally left his sight before closing the front door. If he were to wait for several seconds, he would have the chance to meet with Jong In as the said boy ran towards Soyeon.



"Soyeon!!" Jong In called out, catching up with her. "You're early this morning." He said, placing a hand on her shoulder to catch his breath when Soyeon finally stopped to wait for him.

A smile sigh of relief escapes Soyeon's pink lips. She was glad that Jong In was back to his normal self and wasn't avoiding her anymore. But at the sight of his smiling face, Soyeon was suddenly reminded of Haerin's words from yesterday and she felt slightly uncomfortable. Does he really likes her?

Soyeon couldn't tell because Jong In was treating as he usually did - he was kind and gentle, warm and affectionate. If the treatment was coming from any of her friends, Soyeon could tell of course that it was different and something was wrong - but with Jong In, Soyeon really couldn't tell.

Was he always like this towards me? Jong In, is it true that you like me?

Soyeon was afraid to ask him the question. She really hopes that what Haerin said wasn't true. She can't bare to hurt Kim Jong In because she knows she can't return those feelings if it were true.




 




School went on as normal. The gang had dropped off their conversation about Soyeon's newfound relationship, afraid that other students would hear them but they would try to sneak a teasing joke or two when the chance was there.
 

Jong in didn't even mention anything about Jung Kook and was his usual bubbly self as he joke with Soyeon and shared about the latest manga he had read as though his best friend did not just get her first boyfriend in her whole life. Whenever someone mentioned the word 'boyfriend 'or 'Jung Kook' or even 'BTS', Jong In would steer the conversation away with a humorous comment about a student or teacher that passed by.

If it weren't for Haerin's statement yesterday, Soyeon would not have realize the little details about Jong In as she observe him that day. That he looks into her eyes when he speaks to her, that he loves to her hair and pinch her cheeks as customary to their friendship...

But now, the idea of him doing this while liking her makes her feel a little uncomfortable but shook the feeling way assuring herself that it's just Kim Jong In.



-----

 


"Guys, I'm going to audition on a dance program at the end of this month so I hope you will come and support me." Jong In said  as the gang huddled together at the fried chicken stall after school. Everyone applauded Jong In for his announcement and Suho proudly pats Jong In's back like a proud appa.

"Finally ! I don't know how long I've urge you to go and audition!" Kyungsoo said as he flashed Jong In his heart-shaped smile.

"Good luck Kai! We'll be there for sure!" Chanyeol, Sehun and the rest of them wishes him. "If you ever make it big, don't forget to treat us to some food!"

Jong In laughs along with his friends before turning over to Soyeon by his side. "You'll come to support me right?"

Soyeon smiled brightly at him and fed the piece of chicken from her chopstick into his mouth. "Of course!"



---

That day; Big Hit Entertainment.


" Your comeback will be at the end of this month, so perfect your moves and take good care of your health." The PD announced after the boys were done with their vocal practice. He ran over the details for some photo shoot that had to attend and their schedules for the music video photo shoot.


"And your showcase will begin after the release of your music video." The PD said after he was done reviewing his list.

V scooted closer to where Jung Kook and Jimin was sitting and he leaned in to whisper in his ears, "Soyeon will be there wouldn't she?" 

Jung Kook hid his face to hide his shy smile. This was the first time he was so excite to show someone his performance - as excited as he was during his debut showcase even. "I hope so."

 


 



Author's Note.

Double update! (Because the last chapter I wrote big time & because I've reached 300 subbies!)
I hope this chapter clears your confusion over the last chapter. If you still have questions, PM me.
I'll try to finish up this story as soon as I can before I move on to another stage of my life - Universities.

Oh, and please please please leave a comment. It really means a lot to me especially when I'm stumped for ideas to write.