Chapter 3

Married to an Idol

Chapter 3 

 

"Soyeon-ah..." Jong In's gentle voice brought Soyeon back to reality. The noisy cafeteria came back to life. Soyeon looked in front to see her childhood friend, Jong In searching her eyes, looking worried. "Are you okay? You seemed distracted."


"Yeah, and you haven't touch your food." Chanyeol added while poking at her fries with his fork. Soyeon looked down at her lunch tray to see her hamburger untouched. But half of the portion of her french fries is missing. Without a doubt, eaten by Chanyeol.

Soyeon smiled in reassurance at the table full of concerned looks. She was having lunch with the Exo gang in the cafeteria along with Haerin and Hyeseong. She wasn't her usual cheery self, and everyone noticed that. Well, at least half of the twelve boys though. But at their genuine concern of her friends - good childhood friends - Soyeon forced herself to smile. 


"Here, you can have it. I don't feel like eating." Soyeon push her tray towards Chanyeol.

"That's so strange of you, Soyeon. Are you sick?" Haerin placed her palm on Soyeon's forehead and the other on her's to compare their temperature. "You never turn down your food."


"No, I'm fine. I just don't feel so good today." She gently pushed Haerin's hand away. Soyeon wasn't exactly fine. She felt sick at the thought of getting married. And without any of her good friends knowing? She felt horrible.

 

Soyeon turned to her left to see Hyeseong happily joking with her boyfriend, Baekhyun as he fed her a spoonful of yogurt. Soyeon is immediately reminded of her fate. Will I have the chance to be that happy? To be in love? She asked herself. 

Just as she she turned to look away, she heard several girls shrieking and calling out a familiar name. "Jung Kook oppa ~!!!"


 

Walking in, is Jung Kook with several girls surrounding him. Girls flocked around him without any hint of embarrassment as they called out his name and some even dared to pull him by his arms to get his attention. This sighting isn't an uncommon happening in Seoul High though.

Sigh. The perks of having a Kpop idol in school.


"Kyaa~ he looks really cool." Haerin grabs hold of Soyeon's arm, eyes glued on Jong Kook's tall figure. Haerin doesn't really have a crush on Jung Kook. He is just an eye candy to her - to almost every girl in school.

"What's so cool about him? He looks so cocky. He thinks he's all that good?" Sehun blew on his bangs as his eyes threw daggers at Jung Kook across the cafeteria. "Noona, I'm way better than him right?" Sehun asked as the whole table - occupied by members of the student council - turned their head towards the entrance of the cafeteria.

Soyeon nodded absentmindedly, not really paying attention to Sehun's question.



Jung Kook politely smile at his fans as he make his way towards a table occupied by his friends at the back of the cafeteria. On his way, he caught Soyeon's eyes. He slightly nodded at Soyeon and continued off.


​Soyeon her dry lips. She felt sick again. "Where are you going?" Jong In asked Soyeon as she stood up.

"I need to meet a teacher to discuss about our meeting this afternoon."

 

 

---

It is Friday, and like any other Friday, the student council would be having their weekly meeting with the Head discipline teacher. The society wasn't big - the members were about twenty of them and more than half of the members are made up of Soyeon and her friends. 

Yes, the group of hot looking boys and girls are not just good in terms of looks. But in academics and sports too.




After the council meeting has ended, Soyeon stayed back to clean up the files in the Student's Society room with Jong In. "Jong In-ah, you can go ahead with the others. I can manage this own my own."

Jong In stopped on his tracks and move closer to Soyeon. "Soyeon, you seemed weird today." Jong In's face contorted with concern. And Jong In hates nothing more than his best friend, the girl he loved not being her usual self.



Ahhh... yes. Kim Jong In is in love with his best friend. With Lee Soyeon.

For how long you might ask? 

Four long years. Time was running and soon, they will all be separated as they live for universities and college. And before that time comes, Jong In was determined to tell her he loves her.

But Kim Jong In is a coward. He is scared of taking risks and diving in. He is afraid of ruining their friendship if the feelings he had for Soyeon was not returned.

And why wouldn't he? He's afraid of losing her.






Soyeon threw Jong In an amused chuckle. "I'm fine, I'm just having my PMS. That's all." She lied. 

Jong In took a couple of steps back, the concern on his face being replace with that of a fake disgust. "Okay, you don't have to tell me that." He raised his hands in between him and Soyeon. "But you sure you'll be fine though?" Jong In gathered his bag. He didn't buy her lie.

"I know you're dying to eat Jjampong with them. Go!" Soyeon pushed Jong In out the door when she realized that Jong In seemed hesitant to leave her alone.

Jong In smirked and walked out the door."Be careful on your way home, Soyeon!" Jong In waved and walk away. 
But you were never like this before. Jong In tried to think of  what could have possibly upset his favorite girl.



---

 

Soyeon walked over to Jung Kook's class as soon as she was done cleaning up the society room. She peeked in to see Jung Kook packing up his books in the empty classroom.

Since Jung Kook is busy with his schedule as an idol, he needs to attend extra classes whenever he had the chance to come school to make up for his lack of attendance and to catch up on his studies. It was the agreement the school had come to terms with him if he were to stay at a regular high school like Seoul High.
 
It would've been easier if Jung Kook were to attend a school for Korea's aspiring artist like Seoul of Performing Arts High School or maybe Hanlim Multi Arts High School and the likes. But Jung Kook has chosen to live a life of a normal student life off stage. And he never regretted it, even if he had to work extra harder than others.

 



"Are you done with your meeting?" Jung Kook asked without looking up.

"Yep. How's your class?" Soyeon asked awkwardly as she leaned on the classroom's door,

Jung Kook looked up and smiled once he was done zipping up his school bag. "It was fine, except that umma kept texting me to ask when are we going to be there. The wedding planner is waiting for us." He chuckled and make his way out of his classroom. "I don't know why she needs to fuss about this matter. Its not like this marriage is going to last long anyway."


Soyeon chuckled along with Jung Kook as they walk side by side down the empty school hallway. "Her only son is getting married, and she doesn't know about our deal remember?" Soyeon reminded him as they make their way out the school compound towards the bridal shop at central Seoul.



---


Soyeon gave herself a little twirl by the folding mirrors. She had chosen to wear a strapless dress that hung perfectly at her waist and flows out into a long train. The upper half was covered with laces embroidered carefully into floral patterns whilst the lower half is made up off bare satin, hugging her curves at the perfect places.
 
No one can deny how beautiful she looked on the small platform. Even Jung Kook, who unconsciously had his mouth agape. Soyeon's mother smiled up at her daughter with teary eyes. "Perfect." She whispered to herself.


Jung Kook nodded in agreement. Seeing how beautiful Soyeon look in her wedding dress, and down at the tuxedo he was wearing, it all seemed real now. They're getting married.

And neither of the two could wrap their heads around that thought.