Chapter 21

Married to an Idol

Chapter 21

 

"There's nothing to eat," Jung Kook grumbled as he stared at the contents of the refrigerator in Bangtan's dorm. All there is was several packs of chicken s, nutritional drinks and some leftover pizza from yesterday night.


Well, you can't really say there's nothing to eat. Its one of the first world problems where you say there's nothing to eat when what you actually meant is that there's nothing you would want to eat in that fridge.


Jung Kook scrunches his nose in frustration and took a slice of bread from the kitchen counter. What could she possibly be cooking right now? Images of Soyeon's scrumptious cooking flashed in his mind and could it be possible that Jung Kook misses Soyeon's cooking more than his own mother's right now?


"What are you doing so early in the morning?" Jin croaked as he walked into the kitchen while rubbings his sleep away.


"I'm going to school." Jung Kook replied as he looked up from his butter and jam sandwich.


"Why?" Jin furrowed his brows as he stared the maknae, as though he just grew another pair of limbs. Jung Kook raised his brows. Is this hyung serious?

Jung Kook looked down at his school uniform. "Because I'm a student?" Like duh.


Jin sighed and plopped himself on the chair opposite of Jung Kook. "No, I mean you finished yesterday's practice at 3 in the morning. You barely had your sleep and you're going to school?" a sly smirk spread across his lips. "And the Jeon Jung Kook I know would always find an opportunity to skip school."


To be honest, Jung Kook was not sure what made him woke up early in the morning to go to school today. He was sleepy and not to mention exhausted. But at the same time, he just felt like he should go to school. He need to, and perhaps he wanted to.

 

 

---

 

"Haerin, can your skirt get any shorter?" Soyeon pinched the bridge of her nose before she bend down and pulled Haerin's skirt to her knee level.


"Yah, what are you doing?! People are looking!" Haerin slapped the hands of the student council's VP away. Girls giggled in embarrassment while boys whistled as the walked passed the three council members by the school gate. Jong In looked away and let out a hearty chuckle.


Soyeon huffed is satisfaction as she straightened up and clapped the imaginary dusts on her hands away. Haerin rolled her eyes in annoyance and was about to tug on Soyeon's pony tail when she spot a very handsome looking guy walking towards the school gate as girls swarmed around him.


Haerin smiled mischievously and raised her brows up and down several times. Both Soyeon and Jong In trailed Kim Haerin's gaze and one of them was not surprised to see Jeon Jung Kook approaching the school gate as he flashed dazzling smile at his fans.


While the other was utterly surprised. It has been four days since he was absent -not that she keep tracks of his attendance- but Soyeon was surprised that Jung Kook would be back at school this early. His eyes met Soyeon's round ones and they both shared a similar smile.


Haerin could no longer hide her grin. Her predictions was spot on. There's something between the two!


Jong In thought that his smile was meant for the three of them. He was never more wrong. Jung Kook's warm gaze only met with a pair of eyes. And that pair of eyes belonged to the girl he loved. There had been several occasion where  Jong In would notice the warm exchange between the two when they were together but he always thought that it was only his feelings. Perhaps his mind was playing tricks.


But as Jong In exchanged looks with Haerin, he knew that those 'feelings' weren't just 'feelings'. If Haerin must have noticed something, then his hunch couldn't be wrong. Oh how he wished it was wrong.

 


Haerin looked over Soyeon's shoulder and wriggled her brows at Jong In. She looked at him, hard, in the eyes as she tried to communicate with him through telepathy. 'Yah! Do something. Your girl is slipping away!' 

Haerin may not just be talented and skilled, because lady luck seemed to be always by her side.  Jong In seemed to understood what she was trying conveyed and the short exchange of gazes between Jung Kook and Soyeon ended as Jong In fished his notebook and pretended to ask Soyeon about their scheduled meeting that afternoon.

 

 

---

 

Jung Kook could not concentrate on his lesson that day. He was staring intently at his English textbook as Miss Kim recite some phrases, but his mind was elsewhere. Miss Kim's stern recitation and his classmates echoes was drowned by his train of thoughts.


That morning's event kept replaying in his mind. The way Jong In was unsettled when he walked into school. They way he distracted Soyeon from him. Everything.


Jung Kook had a rough idea that Jong In may have had some feelings for Soyeon. He knew that since the day they officially first met each other at Soyeon's house. At the time all he felt for Jong In was pure sympathy and guilt. But now, he couldn't care less about what Jong In felt. 


And Jung Kook felt bad.


He's turning to a greedy monster when it comes to Soyeon. Being married to Soyeon meant that they belong to each other- on papers and vows. Initially, that was all too it. But now, he felt possessive over Soyeon and Jung Kook knew it was wrong to feel so. Jung Kook was not that competitive to begin with. But now, he felt the need to do his best.


The way Jong In tries to grab Soyeon's attention and how easily she gave it to him, he did not like it. And that makes him more possessive of her. What is this foreign feeling? Perhaps I should ask the hyungs-


"Jeon Jung Kook haeksaeng! Can you read the next line?" Miss Kim suddenly barked from the back of the classroom.


"Err-" Jung Kook abruptly stood up, flushed in embarrassment as the female students in his class giggled. Where did she stopped? "Psst, tenth line." One of Jung Kook's good friend whispered behind him.


"I've thought so. Your mind seemed to have wandered off to London." Miss Kim looked at him disapprovingly before continuing on with the lesson.

 

 

---

 

"Seonsaengnim, is anything the matter?" Lay asked from the back of the committee room. The head teacher, Mrs Park had her brows furrowed as she stared intently at the folder she was holding. Mrs Park was briefing the council members on the weekly reports and momentarily stalled the meeting when her attention was caught on something written on the folder.


"Nothing. Its just this student, Lee Byunghun. He's causing me a headache." Mrs Kim pinched the bridge of her nose, finally looking up at the board members.


"You mean that delinquent L.Joe?" Suho asked from his desk. Kyungsoo grunted and heaved a heavy sigh from beside Suho at the mention of the name. Kyungsoo had a fair of share of troubles with L.Joe and so does the other members.


L.Joe had just enrolled in Seoul High last year and is infamous for his past records at his previous school(s). There's rumor going around that he's involved in Seoul's most notorious street gang. One of the few worst rumors also include him to be involved in drug dealing and that he's a playboy that had impregnated school girls.


"What's wrong with him seonsaengnim?" Soyeon asked from her seat, concerned for the pink-haired delinquent.


"More like, what did he do this time? I can't believe you still think he's not bad Soyeon." Luhan looked up in disbelief. In fact, everyone in the room could not believe how Soyeon thinks that L.Joe might be a good kid. Even Haerin.

No, especially Haerin- because she had witnessed it first hand how L.Joe shoved her and shouted out rude words at Soyeon just because she told him to enter his class.


Haerin knew that there must be something wrong with L.Joe. But seeing how he was mean towards a girl, she decided not to give a damn about that prude.


"He's been skipping school again and I really do not want to suspend him again," Mrs Kim sighed.


"Wouldn't it be better though? He just creates trouble whenever he's around." Sehun retorted, not looking from the phone he's been playing with secretly under the desk.


Soyeon sighed in disappointment. Even without the support from her friends, she really would not give up on L.Joe. No one in the world became bad for no reason.

 

 

---

 

"Oh, hello. You were having council meeting?" Jung Kook asked as he bumped into Soyeon in the hallway. Soyeon gave him a curt nod without tearing her gaze away from him. Its been quite sometime since they were this close again and Soyeon felt slightly nervous.


Funny. Soyeon hardly gets nervous.


"You want to come to my house for lunch? Umma would be pleased." She offered. Jung Kook looked tired and perhaps, inviting him for lunch would provide him a few hours of escape from his busy life.

Jung Kook stood still for moment, trying to remember his schedules. He was sure he need to go somewhere, but he can't remember any of the details at the moment. Just then, his phone vibrated in his pocket and he fished it out. It was a text.

 

From: Minhee Noona
I was just in town. Do you want to have lunch with me? ^__~

 

Jung Kook turned to look back at Soyeon. She was staring down at her shoes and was doing that cute jittery dance that she does when she's waiting. "Sure, why not?" Jung Kook finally decided. He could not believe that there would be a day where he would choose someone else over his Minhee noona.


Aniya, its just because Soyeon asked me first. That's it. Jung Kook tried telling himself even though he knew that wasn't it.

 



From: Jung Kook
Sorry noona. But I'm going to have lunch with someone else. Hope you don't mind.

 

 




 

 

"So, its her? He's dumping me for Lee Soyeon?" Minhee muttered under her breath as she saw two figures walking out of the school gate, talking animatedly with each other and she almost dropped her phone onto the ground. And she fumed in jealousy.

Her feelings was reciprocated however, by another guy who was also looking in dissatisfaction at the backs of the two students that no one could deny looked good together. Jong In sighed as he ran his fingers over his dark hair. "Am I too late?"

"I need to get into action." Minhee and Jong In muttered at the same time as Jung Kook and Soyeon began to disappear from their sight.

 



 


Author's Note;

I'm speeding up with the story, but I hope I'm not going too fast.
Enjoy, comment and upvote guys! Oh, and thank you for subscribing! *Mwuuaaah*

Today is Jung Kook's first day at school. Kekeke. Congrats!

            ​
 




I love spamming you guys with random BTS gifs. Here, have some more.



 

Okay, here's something hot to make up for their dorkiness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 Even more dorkiness

 


Okay, for real this time.