Chapter 6

Married to an Idol

 

Chapter 6

 

Soyeon's mother and Jung Kook's mother had been enjoying spending time together for the preparation of their children's wedding. More than they admit, perhaps. Over the days, they had bonded and were eager to have each other as in-laws.

"Mrs Lee, it looks beautiful doesn't it?" Jung Kook's mother cooed over the final product of both their hard work. Soyeon's grandfather's backyard was turned into a beautiful garden of eden for the wedding ceremony.

Soyeon's mother leaned against Mrs Jeon's shoulder. "So beautiful," she heaved a heavy sigh. "I can't believe it's almost time." Mrs Lee choked back a tear as she looked around the newly transformed backyard.


The white altar was set up beside the pond of carps, under a blossoming cherry blossom tree at the center of the large backyard. There's a long, white carpet trailing along between a number of rows of white wooden chair, canopied by blossoming variety of trees and flowers.  Just over to the left side of the backyard were several round tables arranged neatly before a long table, fully clothed with satin. Bouquets of baby's breath and cute candle lantern were placed at the center of each table with handmade petals in pink scattered at the center.


"Yeobo, come and greet the guests," Soyeon's father came out of the back door to invite his wife out front.

"Uhm. Let's go." Mrs Lee gently dragged her soon-to-be-in-law.

 


---

 

Soyeon looked down the window to see her parents greeting familiar faces, her close relatives. There were also new faces that she did not recognize, perhaps Jung Kook's family. The guest list was a short one, they had only invited close relatives from both sides of the families, enough to commemorate the ceremony and to bless her and her soon-to-be husband.

Soyeon cringed at the word. She absentmindedly played with her hair which was styled into a waterfall braid, as she let herself get lost in her train of thoughts but was interrupted as she heard muffled voices behind the door.

"Are you sure we can do this? What if we get scolded?" It was a voice of that of a young male.

"Aigoo, let's just go. I don't want to get into any trouble!" Another timid voice overlapped. Soyeon moved closer to the door with caution, not to step on her dress. When she turned the door knob, she was surprised to see six tall figures standing before her, their argument cut off.


"Err.. we didn't mean to.." J-Hope looked away, not being able to finish his sentence. 

Soyeon immediately brightened up as she recognized them. "Oh My God, you're Bangtan Boys!" Soyeon cupped to muffle her squeal.

All six boys began to relax at the sight of Soyeon's cute reaction. "Anyeonghaseyo, we're here to congratulate you on your marriage with our maknae." Jin spoke as the eldest.

"Oh, thank you." Soyeon flustered, still not accustomed to this whole new world she's about to step in.  

"And because we want to see the pretty wife-to-be that Jung Kook bragged to us about. He sure wasn't joking though, that little rascal." Suga abruptly spoke. He did what? Soyeon's cheeks turned a shade of red as she blushed.


"Boys, what are you doing there? Come down, the ceremony is about to start!" Jung Kook's mother bellowed from the stairs as Soyeon's father make his way up.

"Are you ready princess?" Mr Lee offered a hand to his daughter as the boys hurried downstairs.

"I don't think I'll ever be ready for something like this, appa. But Lee Soyeon will take the challenge." She smiled his favorite smile, showing her deep dimples. Her father said nothing, afraid he might break into tears as they make their way to the back yard of the modern Korean traditional house.








Soyeon had seen the magnificent work her mother and Jung Kook's mother did, but as she walked down the isle, decorated with more of the handmade pink petals she can't help but to be overwhelmed with the beauty of it all.

Little did she know that her beauty was far more breathtaking to the eyes of the guests as they turned around from their seat to look as the daughter and father walk hand-in-hand to the altar. Soyeon is a charismatic leader, a public speaker with guts - simply courageous. She was rarely found being nervous. But today, of all day, she is a nerve wreck.

Soyeon gripped her father tighter by his arm, her lucky charm. Breath in, you can do this. Soyeon self-meditates. She turned to her cousin, a music major who was playing the harp by the Koi Carp pond, smiling up at her. The beautiful melody soothes her as she slowly walked towards the awaiting Jung Kook who looks extremely dashing in his black tuxedo, hair slicked back exposing his handsome forehead.

For a moment, Soyeon had forgotten about the eyes that was on her as she silently gaped at Jung Kook who was standing with his group members by the altar. Soyeon can't help but to feel regretful that her friends could not be with her, as the loneliness seeped in to her melancholic soul. She felt as though she had betrayed her friends - especially Jong In.


The melody soon came to an end. Soyeon's father took her hand and handed it to Jung Kook with a heavy heart. "I'm sorry princess." He whispered as he gives his daughter a final long look before he took a seat beside his wife and his tired-looking father.

Soyeon swallowed her tears. For harabeoji. She thought to herself. Soyeon didn't realize that Jung Kook was still holding her hand until she felt a tight grasp as Jung Kook tried to reassure her which had somewhat help Soyeon to calm down. She was grateful for that.


The minister started the ceremony and said a few lines of reminder and well-wishing to both of the couple as they turned to face each other. Being so close to Jung Kook, Soyeon had just realise how tall Jung Kook actually is. Her eye level had only reached his broad, lean chest while her head reached perfectly just above his chin. She had also unconsciously inhaled in Jung Kook's scent and she loves it. Soyeon loves his aroma, a mixture of his cologne and body scent.

A scent she'll come to love and can't live without.


After they exchange their vows, wedding bands and signed their marriage certificate, the most dreaded word was uttered by the minister. "I know pronounce you, husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." The minister motioned to Jung Kook.

Soyeon held her breath, praying that Jung Kook would not kiss her. She closed her eyes as Jung Kook bend down and gently plant a kiss on Soyeon's forehead. Soyeon exhale in relieve at Jung Kook's thoughtfulness. Kissing would be too much for her to take in at this stage. She smiled gratefully at Jung Kook, her husband.  

Everyone applauded as several people sniffled a tear. Soyeon's grandfather approached them slowly as her father assist him. He took hold of Jung Kook's hand and grip it firmly as he look him in the eyes. "Thank you, thank you very much. I know its not easy - I'm sorry, but thank you." His eyes glean with tears. "You look so much like your grandfather when he was alive." He wiped a lone tear with the back of his sleeves.

"Thank you. Don't worry, I know this is important for you and harabeoji," Jung Kook Smiled politely. Soyeon gave her grandfather a big long hug before she was dragged away by other relatives.



 

After Soyeon and Jung Kook had introduced themselves to each other's family, they each took a seat side by side at the long table. They smiled awkwardly throughout the whole evening as lunch was served. While they were going through a course of dessert, the whole table occupied by BangtanBoys stood up and announced that they were to perform several songs for the bride and groom - perhaps only for the bride as Jung Kook had also stood up and went to the join his group members.

"To the new Mrs Jeon!" V shouted followed by the howling of the guests. Jung Kook started of the song with his beautiful voice, as the others joined in the chorus of You're My and Beautiful.

 



">
 

 

Soyeon was awed by their beautiful performance that she did not realize her favorite cousin had walked up to her. "You're so lucky, cousin!"


Soyeon didn't know what to say. The word "Mrs. Jeon and husband kept ringing in her head."