Chapter 12

Married to an Idol

Chapter 12

 

Soyeon was getting used to married life.

In the morning, she would wake Jung Kook up, prepare breakfast and go to school. Most of the time, she'll be home late from school, hence she and Jung Kook would have dinner at their mother's. On weekends, Soyeon would take the opportunity to do the laundry and have a nice time alone with her grandfather while Jung Kook would take the chance to hang out with his friends making the most out of his numbered 'vacation' days. 


With the exception of today, of course. Jung Kook was home, to much Soyeon's dislike. Her friends are coming over, and she needs a way to get rid of him.


"Harabeoji, can I borrow Jung Kook for a while?" Soyeon interrupted the conversation between the two male of the house.


"But your husband is teaching me how to use this...what is it called again?" Her grandfather turned to Jung Kook who was looking intently at the screen of his iPad.


"iPad." Jung Kook replied without looking up from the iPad in his hand.


"Yes. It's really good! I think I should get myself one of this." Soyeon's grandfather replied enthusiastically.


Soyeon clicked her tongue amusingly. "Araseo. If you're done, I'll be in the backyard." Soyeon walked out of the room with a heavy basket of laundry. She set the basket down before the clothes lines hanged in between two poles. She heaved a heavy sigh before taking the first piece of cloth at the top of the pile. 


After several pieces of clothing later, Jung Kook came out through the back sliding door and walked up towards the small lady in white on her tip-toes, trying to secure an item of clothing he recognized as his with a clothes peg. He squinted his eyes at the bright morning sun and bent down to retrieve a t-shirt from the basket. "You called for me?"


Soyeon did not reply immediately but observed Jung Kook. Once she was satisfied with how Jung Kook had hung the shirt, she asked him. "Are you going anywhere today?"


"No. I don't feel like going anywhere today."


"Are you sure? You sure you don't need to meet your parents or meet a friend today?"


"I've met them yesterday. Why? You don't want me to be here today?" Jung Kook turned to look at Soyeon square in the face.


"Ermm, you see...my friends are coming over today." Soyeon moved behind another clothes line, avoiding Jung Kook's gaze.

Quickly understanding the situation, Jung Kook stayed still, debating on whether to comply. Soyeon wait in silent, her lips twitching in anxiety. After being with her for several weeks, Jung Kook began to notice that Soyeon twitches when she's nervous, she brushes the back of her hand on her nose when she's flattered, her eye brows arch when she's upset.


He also noticed that Soyeon never stayed angry for long. If she says she would not do something, she would do it anyway ; for instance, waking him up. Though she is kind-hearted, she can really beat the heck out of people. She's a good cook, loves reading and can play the piano. She loves singing although she can't actually sing.


Under the sun, Jung kook realized that Soyeon's hair is actually a dark shade of raven black, matching her deep set of brown eyes. She has a mole by her temple, just below the hair line. There's several creases formed on her forehead, why is she frowning? Jung Kook asked, not realizing he had kept her waiting. "I can just stay in my room can't I?"


"You want to be cooped up in your room for the whole day?" Soyeon asked.


"They're going to be here all day?" Jung Kook rounded his eyes. "How many of your friends are coming anyway?" Jung Kook asked, sounding like a parent.


"Some of the Exo boys and my two girl friends?" For no particular reason, Soyeon felt nervous. As if's she's asking him for his permission when in fact she wasn't.


Jung Kook rounded his lips in astonishment. The thought Soyeon having boys at her house made him insecure. "It has something to do about the school festival isn't it?"


Soyeon gave him a little smile. "You can go out and spent time with harabeoji and buy him that iPad he wanted?" Jung Kook did not say anything but continue hanging the remainder of the clothes in the laundry basket. "Fine. I'll go. How long are they going to be here for?"

 

---

 

"Chanyeol-ah! Don't touch anything. My harabeoji won't like it!" Soyeon howled from the kitchen at Chanyeol who was busy admiring her grandfather's clock collections in the living room. The gang had come by as soon as her grandfather and Jung Kook had went out, much to her relief.


"Speaking of your harabeoji, where is he?" Jong In asked as he took a seat on the dining table with Kyungsoo on tow.


"He.. he went out." Soyeon answered hesitantly.


"Alone?" Kyungsoo piped up.


"No, of course not." Soyeon answered, stopping at that. She had lied too much, and its better to not say anything rather than to make up lies. 





"Why don't we order some chicken with that?" Baekhyun asked as Soyeon set the tray of lemonade on the living room's coffee table. Everyone chimed in agreement. "Love, can you hand me my phone?" said Baekhyun to Hyeseong by his side. Soyeon can't help but flinch whenever Baekhyun and Hyeseong display their affection.

Like the rest them, Soyeon used to not have any problem with the two love birds displaying their affection, but after getting married, she became sensitive to PDAs. She would always flush in embarrassment and she can't figure out why.


"Soyeon, I heard rumors that you were friends with that idol dude, Jeon Jung Kook. Is it true?" Suho asked over his lunch. From the corner of Haerin's eyes, she could see Jong In eyeing Soyeon as if he knew something that others don't.


"Emm, I guess you could say that. Why?" Soyeon replied, uncomfortable with the topic of discussion.


"Really? Since when?" Chen asked in bewilderment, the vein on his neck popped out in excitement.


"Well, we do go to the same school. And.." Soyeon looked around, not sure how to go about her answer. She spotted Jong In looking at her by the glass window. "Our umma are friends." She remembered her previous lie. Well, that's not really a lie. Their mothers are best friends now.


"Oh, we never knew that." Luhan answered as he chewed clean the drumstick in hand.


"So, can you ask him - the whole BTS members if possible, if they could perform at our school festival?" Suho continued where he had left off.


"I'll try. But I won't promise you though." Soyeon smiled brilliantly. It won't be hard now that her husband is part of the idol group now is it?

 

---

 

From: Jung Kook
Are they gone? We're tired.

 

From: Soyeon
They had just went back. I'm so sorry.  Again, thank you :D


 

Jung Kook smiled at the emoticon. This was the first time Soyeon had sent him an emoticon in her text. "How do you find it? Being a husband," His grandfather-in-law asked from over his seat on the train.


Jung Kook gave the question a few seconds thoughts. "Well, Soyeon-ssi and I did not really live like a married couple. So I don't think much about it." Jung Kook thought that it was better to be honest.

However, a part of him had lied. Unknowingly, he came to possess the traits of a husband. For instance, throughout the day, he can't help but dislike the fact that Soyeon was hanging out with twelve handsome boys at home, unsupervised.


"I know you got married out of request. But I really wish that you two would be happy together. Maybe, granting me a great grandchild or two, If I'm not asking too much." The old man laugh as he fumbled with the bag containing his brand new iPad his grandson-in-law had bought for him though he had insisted against it.


"That is, too much harabeoji." Jung Kook laughed along. The thought of starting a family at the age of eighteen sounded funny to him.

 

---
 

Knock knock


Soyeon open the door to Jung Kook's room after peeking through the small gap at the door that was left ajar. "You shouldn't have knocked if you're going to enter without permission anyway." Jung Kook said, without looking up from his drawing.

Soyeon did not reply but moved closer to her husband, hunched by his study table, intently drawing what looks like a bunch of animals with speech bubbles on top. Talking animals?


Soyeon chuckled amusingly."Thank you again, Jung Kook-ssi! Also, for the iPad. I've never seen him happier." She took a seat on his bed, at the opposite side of the room. Jung Kook nodded in reply, not hiding the smile that escaped his lips.
 
"You've done your homework?" Soyeon continued.

 
Jung Kook turned to look at Soyeon and gave her a sly smirk. "As if." Jung Kook chuckled and continued with his drawing. "Why did you come to my room?"


"You didn't do your homework? Why?" Soyeon ignored his question and asked more of her's. This was to be expected from the vice president of Seoul High's student council.

Jung Kook gave in, knowing he can't defeat the righteous Lee Soyeon. He stood up and dragged the red school bag by his bed. "Fine. Why are you here anyway? Not just to check-up on my homework aren't you?"


"Heeee." Soyeon smiled, gritting her pearl-white teeths. "So, my friends asked me to ask you...if...Bangtan boys could...perform at the school festival?" She finally got the words out. She looked up at him with hopeful eyes.


Jung Kook had planned to skip the school festival at first, hence he was reluctant to accept the request. Then, he thought of a plan, a mischievous one at that. "I'll have to see to it first. It depends on how you would treat me over this few days."


I'm fine with that. How hard is it to be nice to Jeon Jung Kook. He wasn't unpleasant to be nice to, to begin with. Soyeon thought, though she felt slightly dejected that there's a condition to follow up the agreement. "Now, the first thing I want you to do is help me with my homework." Jung Kook call out from his desk.