Chapter 14

Married to an Idol

Chapter 14

 

Groan. Jung Kook stiffled a yawn as he fists the sheet beneath him, accidentally knocking his phone down. Coincidentally, the phone rang as it hits the floorboard with a soft thud. Jung Kook did not move to retrieve his phone but let it continue to ring as he tried to make out the caller id displayed on the screen.


"Umma!" Jung Kook yelps and jump out of the comfort of the covers to press the green icon on his phone. "Umma~" Jung Kook chimed as soon he was connected to his mother on the other line.

 

"Aigoo, Jung Kook my baby, how are you? Are you feeling any better?" His mother questions out of concern. Jung Kook was about to ask her how she had knew he was sick but decided not to, perhaps that girl had told her, he thought, said girl being Soyeon.

 

"Mhmm, I'm feeling slightly better. Thanks to your porridge umma." Jung Kook cooed lovingly as he stood back up on his feet.

 

"Hahaha, I'm glad you like it, because it wasn't me who made it. Soyeon did." Mrs Jeon giggled over the line, satisfied that her daughter-in-law could satisfy his son's picky taste. To think that Jung Kook even thought that she had made it.

 

Jung Kook's eyes widen in bewilderment before he fell back on the office chair situated by Soyeon' desktop. "But it tasted so much like yours! I admit that she is in fact a great cook, but its not possible that it could taste so much like your special porridge." Jung Kook scratches his itchy eye brow as he turned his gaze to the empty bowl sat on the nightstand. 

 

"That's because I gave her my special recipe."

 

"But, I thought it was a secret recipe. You would not even share it with me!" Jung Kook pouts, slightly whimpering so that his mother could hear him sulking.

 

"It's about time I passed it down to the next generation. Why shouldn't I share it with her? She's your wife, which is also the reason why I won't share it with you so that your wife could prepare it for you."

 

Jung Kook did not reply but sighed in defeat. His mother had always bragged that she was the star of her debate team back when she was in high school and Jung Kook could see why. No one stood a chance to counter her arguments nor her aegyo.

 

"I'm sorry, but I've got to go now honey. I know how stubborn you can get when you're sick, but listen to what Soyeon says. I'm trusting you in her hands. Send my love to her~" and with that, the line was disconnected.

 

She sure loves Lee Soyeon. I mean, who doesn't? She's the perfect daughter-in-law any mother would want. And Jung Kook hates the fact that she has to compete with Soyeon for his own mother's love! 

 

Jung Kook locks his phone and placed it on the desk he was leaning on, his elbow accidentally shifts the mouse out of its place. The screen of the desktop before him illuminates and a page popped up, displaying several pages - one of it being Bangtan Boy's Official Website.

 

Jung Kook's lips curves to form a smirk as he stares back at his picture, looking back at him.


 

---

 

Seoul High; lunch break.

 

"Yah, have you asked him?" Suho asked as he munched on his sandwich looking up from his notebook which he was intently looking at just a while ago, a pen in one hand.

 

"Ask who?" Soyeon asked, clueless as to who the male in front of her pertain to.

 

"Yah! You were supposed to ask Jeon Jung Kook if his group could perform at the school festival, which is this weekend if you've forgotten!" Haerin almost cursed when Soyeon cut her off with a finger on her lips to hush the vulgar Kim Haerin.

 

"Araseo Haerin-ah. Calm down. I've asked him already-" Soyeon replied before being cut off by Chen across the table.

"And?"

 

As usual, they had occupied their favorite table at the back of the school cafeteria. Each member of the students society were huddled together, with pieces of notes scattered and passed around the table with the exception of Luhan and Sehun who had to go for their patrol duty.

 

"And, he said he'll think about it first. He needs to discuss with the other members." Soyeon rolled her eyes at Chen, annoyed that he had cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

 

"Make sure you get an answer from him by today, we don't have much time." Haerin said as she slapped Jong In's hand away from stealing her salad. Jong In sticks out a tongue at her and got up from his seat and walk towards Soyeon. He hovered over her petite body; his chest leaning against Soyeon's back as he took  a spoonful of salad from her plate.

 

"Araseo araseo." Soyeon answered as she looked up and locked eyes with Jong In with a mock frown plastered on her face.

 

Jong In quickly moves away, flustered at the smooching sounds and gestures made by Haerin. Jong In gave her a strong glare before walking back to his seat, obviously frustrated Haerin had interrupted his moments with Soyeon.

 

---

 

Soyeon had excused herself from the extra hours of staying back which had happened more frequently nowadays as the days to the annual school festival came closer. Of course, Jong In had insisted on sending her back home, surprisingly to Soyeon, was encouraged by Haerin. But Soyeon would never allow that, considering they have loads of work to be done.


And so, Soyeon walked out of the council room alone as Jong In got held back by Kris.


"Yah. I should go, shouldn't I?  Her grandfather's house is much further than her own house. What if something happen to her on her way?" Jong In pleads to his friends as soon as Soyeon left the building. Jong In turned to Kyungsoo by his side, asking for affirmation. Kyungsoo just shrugs from his seat, giving him a wide smile, eyebrows cocked to the side indicating how clueless he was to the situation.

 

However, Haerin had back him up from across the table, "Yeah, what if something happen to her? I mean, that poor girl has not even had her first kiss yet!" She wailed dramatically.

 

The whole table became silent and turn their head towards the outspoken Haerin; some amused others bewildered. "Oh, really?" Chanyeol grinned in amusement as he wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"Kai-ah, I thought you said you were her first kiss?" Sehun bellowed from across the room.

 

Next thing he knew, everyone had their eyes on Jong In. "Really?!" Tao shouted from across the table. His face a shade of green at the sudden revelation.

 

"But that was when they were seven. It doesn't count." Hyeseong waves a hand, trying to get her friends back to their senses, also trying to protect her best friend's dignity from further being tarnished by the boys. She gave a questioning glare at her sister sitting beside her as though she was out of her mind.

 

Jong In sat motionless in his seat as he felt heat rising up his cheeks and burning his entire body. Completely flustered, Jong In did not utter a single word after that but just continue with his work as Kris scolded all of them for being distracted from their own work.

 

---
 

Back at home, Soyeon was removing her school shoes by the door step when she heard a roaring laughter engulfing the usually quite atmosphere of the house. What the.., Soyeon thought as she ran inside the house to find Jeon Jung Kook hunched over on the sofa trying to hold back his laughter.

 

Soyeon tip toed behind him and gasped loudly as she saw what Jung Kook was laughing at.

 

Her photo album.

 

In particular, a picture of Soyeon crying in just her diapers with snots and tears streaming down her reddened - if not angelic - face.

 

"Yah, you little-" Soyeon shouted as she grab the thick pink album from Jung Kook's grasp. Jung Kook ignored her furious glare but stared at her with an amused smile, another laughter threatening to escape his lush pink lips.

 

"You seem to be fine." Soyeon sneered at the said boy as she replace the photo album back to its place on her grandfather's bookshelf.

 

"No, I'm not. I'm still feeling a little sick." Jung Kook faked a cough as he switch the television on with the remote control and proceeded to lay on his back on the sofa. Of course, Soyeon would not believe that considering he was throwing a laughing fit just a second ago. She walked towards Jung Kook and place the back of her palm on Jung Kook's forehead.

 

Jung Kook stiffened at her touch for a moment, but flinch when Soyeon flicks his forehead with a strong blow of her middle finger. "No you're not." Soyeon rolled her eyes at him and when up to her room.

 

"But you don't have to do that,"Jung Kook muttered under his breath as he rubs his forehead in annoyance. Just as he turned back his gaze on the television before him, he heard a loud scream from upstairs. "JEON JUNG KOOK! I swear I'm going to rip your head off right this instance!" 

 

Jung Kook gulped and immediately sat up. After a couple of weeks being together, I guessed she does not mind showing her true colours, Jung Kook silently thought as he tried to figure the reason behind her anger. Just as he was about to get on his feet, Soyeon came stomping down the stairs - after changing out of her school uniform - with a tray of the leftover bowl, glass and towel. Yikes, I left her room a mess.

 

Almost as immediately as the frown crept up her face, Soyeon smirked at him as she fished something out of her pocket. His phone.

 

"I've had enough of this. I think you understand that I had obeyed your condition well," She motions towards the tray, the proof that he had treated him well, more than should have put up with. "Now, I want you to call your hyungs." She handed Jung Kook his phone and made her way to the kitchen.

 

 

"Hyung, can I ask you a favor?" Soyeon smirked as she heard Jung Kook talking to she presumed, his group members. After several minutes of briefing the details to Rap Monster, which Soyeon had knew from their conversation she had eavesdropped in, Jung Kook came to tell her that his group members were coming to their house.

 

After her first encounter with the idols on their wedding day, Soyeon had never met them again since. The thought that five idols were heading to her house caught her off guard. Of course her husband is an idol himself, but she never looked at him that way since she barely follow his activity until recently - that is, out of curiousity - but still,

"What? Why?"

 

---

 

After rushing to prepare dinner, the whole dinner table is now fully occupied with the whole Bangtan Boys members. They had come on such short notice but nontheless, Soyeon wasn't called a wonderwoman for nothing. She had managed to prepare a a full course of kimchi fried rice plus dessert.

 

The atmosphere around the dinner table were awkward - only on Soyeon's and Jung Kook's part though. The boys could never get enough of teasing the two. Whenever Soyeon attended to Jung Kook, one or the other would cooed out of supposedly jealousy at them,

 

"Yah, are you trying to rub it in our face that we're single?" J-Hope would chuckle as he pretended to sulk out of envy. 

 

The night goes on with continuation of teasing and laughter. The only time Soyeon was not red on the face was when they were discussing about their agreement to perform at the school festival. Of course, the boys was not reluctant to accept the offer.

 

"They'll be a lot of girls there, right?" Suga asked enthusiastically.

 

 

---

 

After dinner

 

"Oppa, thank you for coming over. I'll be looking forward for your performance this Sunday. Contact me if you have any problem." Soyeon reminded the five members as they stood outside Mr.Lee's front gate.

 

"Araseo Soyeon-ah." V smile shyly at the group's sister-in-law.

 

"Okay, goodnight hyung! Take care!" Jung Kook hurriedly bid his hyungs, eager for them to leave. Honestly, if he have to stand another second of their teasing and jokes, he would kick all of them in the , hyung or not.

 

"Aigoo. Looks like someone is eager to get rid of us. Soyoen-ah, don't let your husband do anything naughty. You are both still in school." The eldest, Jin spoke followed by another roar of laughter as they all walk back home.

 

Soyeon stood still for a good few seconds, flustered and speechless. Jung Kook brushed the back of his neck, mentally cursing his hyung as he stared at their backs, walking further away.

 

Just as he was about to turn back to walk inside, he caught a glimpse of three speechless figure not far from their house. Jung Kook gave a slight nudge at Soyeon, aware that the three people that stood before them were friends of hers. Could they have possibly heard that? both of the couples turn to look at each other, worried beyond wits.

 

Hyesong, Haerin and Baekhyun had their mouth agape. They had heard everything alright.

 

 


 

Author's Note;

Oh God, I'm torn between Kai and Jung Kook!

Thank you all for subrscribing :3
I'm so sorry for not being able to update sooner (or longer). 
However, I would be undergoing a surgery on my wrist (yikes), therefore I don't think I can update as soon as I hope. But please look forward to the next update!