Chapter 17

Married to an Idol

Chapter 17

 

D-Day

 

"Harabeoji, are you going to come to my school today?" Soyeon asked as she cleaned up the dishes in the kitchen.

"I would love to, but there's nothing an old man like me could do at a school festival sweety." Sigh


"But I wish you could see the event that my friends and I had been working on. "She closed the faucet and took off her apron.

Her grandfather looked up from his iPad to look at her. "You could just take some pictures and show me later?"Asly grin plastered on his wrinkled face. 


Soyeon pouts. "But it doesn't do justice to its actual beauty." She said and gave a peck on each side of her grandfather's cheeks, ready to take her leave. "Technology has ruined you harabeoji." Her grandfather gave a hearty chuckle and pats his granddaughter's back. 


"Have you seen Jung Kook by the way? We should be going together" Soyeon asked as she brushed her long locks with her fingers and walked off towards the living room.

"He went out as soon as he was done with breakfast." The old man called out from the kitchen.

"What? Aish this jerk," Soyeon fished out her phone and dialed a number.


 

Ring Ring

 

Huh?

 

Ring Ring

 

He left his phone? Soyeon followed the sound of the ringtone and stopped by the side table in the hallway; Jung Kook's phone vibrated against the dark wood. Soyeon squinted her eyes at the caller id and flared her nostrils. Soyeon Ahjumma? Why this little-- Soyeon unlocks the phone edit her contact details.

 

Tap Tap.

 

Sweet Angel Soyeon <3

 

There. Now, a picture of an angel to complete the contact...

 

Snap

        

(A/N: She doesn't really look like the Soyeon I imagined, but oh well...
Ulzzang: Kim Shin Yeong
)

 

 

 

 

"We did it" Soyeon beams to herself and her eyes were moist. "Jong In-ah, we did it!" She runs to give her best friend a hug. Kai did not have to ask what his friend was pertaining to. He felt it too, the satisfaction and pride of achieving something so great. Kai did not hesitate and returned the hug. Together, they look over each other's shoulder and took in their surroundings.

 

Seoul High was turned into a carnival. The theme this year was Circus, hence the colorful decorations lighting up the school compound. Colorful balloons, tents and banners were put up. By the school gate, two miniature towers stood majestically on each side; the school flag flying with grace at the top. Ribbons were strapped at every corner. A cotton candy machine was set up along with a number of table and stools at the center of the square garden where food and souvenir stalls lined up accordingly at the side. The school orchestra team was playing live music and the atmosphere was just perfect.

 

With a bright smile on their faces, students were seen running around attending to their stations, greeting their visitors. Girls and boys in maid and butler costume were seen attending to customers at their cafes set up in a classroom. A number of students from the photography club wearing Seoul High's customized vest with the word 'photographer' at the back had cameras hung around their neck as they walk around offering their service to take pictures for the guests.

 

At the far end of the school, an isolated building was turned into a haunted house and there was a long line of people waiting for their turn. Meanwhile on another building, the whole of the first floor was turned into a game area where there were a lot of different games held in all of the classes. On the upper floors, students from their respective clubs were showcasing their activities to potential members; the chemistry club were demonstrating fascinating tricks that involves chemicals, Japanese clubs cooked Japanese cuisine in yukata, Arts Club were doing face painting and caricaturs, there's even a fortune telling booth set up by the astronomy club.

 

"Guys, why don't you enjoy yourself before the talent show starts," Suho approached the two. With all their job done, all was left is the highlight of the event; the talent show and special performances by Bangtan Boys. "Oh, and jung Kook was looking for you." Suho said to Soyeon.

 

"Why- Ah!" Soyeon suddenly remembered about the smart phone inside her blazer pocket. "Where is he?"

 

 

---

 

"Why did you leave me this morning?" Soyeon roughly shoves Jung Kook's phone to his chest. They were by the corridor of Jung Kook's classroom-turned-cafe. Jung Kook was looking extremely handsome in his white dress shirt tucked into his black plants; there's even a small bow tie to complete the handsome waiter look - but Soyeon would never admit that. There were a lot of girls from schools nearby inside; obviously because an idol will be serving them

 

"I didn't! I was in the bathroom. For all I know, my phone was missing after I got out." Jung Kook retorts back.

 

Soyeon was taken aback by her misunderstanding. She was embarrassed and sorry that she was quick to jump to conclusion. "I'm sorry. How did you know the phone is with me?"

 

Jung Kook softens at her hushed tone and chuckled. "Of course it would be with you. You're the only person that I know that hates things not at its rightful place." A small smile tugs at the corner of his lips.

 



 

"Soyeon? Lee Soyeon? Oh Gosh, long time no see!" A very beautiful, slender lady called out from across the hallway; she was approaching Soyeon with a huge grin on her face.

 

"Sunbae!" Soyeon ran towards Seoul High's ex-student council president. "You're still so pretty!" She gave the taller girl a warm hug.

 

Jung Kook was rooted on the spot when he spotted the lady in front of him. "Noona?" His world stops and his heart beats faster. Gulp. "Minhee noona? He couldn't believe his eyes. There, in front of him, still as beautiful as ever, was the girl he confessed his love to a year ago. The girl who used to give him sleepless night and butterflies in the stomach. The girl who has now become a beautiful woman; his first love.