Chapter 27

Married to an Idol

 

 

 

 

Chapter 27

 

Last night, Soyeon had a wonderful dream. The dream took place in a wide meadow surrounded with blooming flowers of many colors. The sky was clear and clouds of various shapes and sizes spread wide before her. There was also a river that flows for miles and miles just beside a lone cherry blossom tree.


But amidst the vast setting, Soyeon was alone - dressed in a plain hanbok with a radiant pink chima, (a wrap-around skirt) and a white jeogori, (blouse shirt) with little embroideries. Her dark midnight hair was donned into a braid and her face was bare of any make-up but the crimson-colored paint that painted her lips.

And it appears that she was waiting for someone, which explains why she was all dressed-up.

It was a long wait, and Soyeon found company from listening to the music of the rivers and singing birds as she sang along with nature, with a beautiful voice that contradicted reality. But then, a sudden waft of smell engulf the quite vicinity. A unique, charming smell that caused Soyeon's heartbeat to race. 

And she loved it. So much.

But no matter how hard she searched for it, Soyeon could not find the origin of the smell. And Soyeon grew frustrated because the curiosity pricks at her heart. She wanted to know where it came from. No, she needed to know where it came from because the scent was familiar yet foreign to her.

The smell wasn't that of the flowers. It was a natural scent of a man. At the realization, h
er heart picked it's pace and was beating fast and hard against her ribcage, as if it was about to burst-




But before she could seek the truth, the dream ended and she was back on the bed in room 302. Reality had set back in and Soyeon finally felt the weight that was pressing her sides and thighs. But, what is this? The smell was still lingering in the air.

Soyeon the skin and flesh that was hugging her waist. It was smooth. Unknowingly, Soyeon began pinching it and a small yelp was heard, just above her.

Her eye lids flew open. and Soyeon was met with another smooth porcelain white skin. Apparently, she was sleeping on the crook of someone's neck. Dear god, she was sleeping in the arms of the owner of the sweet scent.

She was sleeping in the arms of Jeon Jung Kook while Jeon Jung Kook had managed to hug her by the waist and thigh like a bolster.

"YAH!" Soyeon croaked in her morning voice. "What are you doing?! Wake up!" Soyeon pulled herself back from his embrace and thump lightly at Jung Kook's chest.

But Jung Kook did not even stir from his deep slumber. And Soyeon stopped hitting him as she realized who she was facing. A handsome yet adorable-looking Jung Kook clad in a white shirt and shorts, with his bangs partly covering his closed eyes.

Damn. Soyeon's heartbeat immediately race, taking it's pace from she had left off in the dream.

"Y-yah," Soyeon dropped her tone as she she shoved him gently, her face pinked. "Wake up you ert!" Soyeon pushed him harder this time and managed to roll Jung Kook off the bed and onto the floor with a loud thud.

"Ow.." Jung Kook groaned. Oops. Did she pushed him too hard?

Jung Kook did not emerge from the carpeted flooring. Soyeon crawled to his side of the bed and layed on her stomach and peeked at where she saw Jung Kook fell. Jung Kook was still there, fast asleep on the floor. An amused chuckle escaped her lips. "Wake up, your parents want to have breakfast with us."

Jung Kook finally got up from the floor -with much effort- and he squinted his eyes at Soyeon. "This is just like the old times huh? You, waking me up." He smirked at the thought.

 

Soyeon blushed madly again. Without saying a word, she leapt off the bed and ran for the bathroom.




"At what time did you arrive last night?" Soyeon asked, breaking the silence as she and Jung Kook waited for the elevator to descend downwards to the lobby to grab their breakfast with Jung Kook's family and relatives.

Jung Kook let out a small yawn before answering. "Around midnight." Another yawn. "The fan meeting ended later than scheduled."

Ding.

They arrived at the lobby.

"Oh god." Jung Kook whispered as he pulled Soyeon together to hide behind a pillar. Before Soyeon could protest, Jung Kook continued. "That guy. He knows we're married." Jung Kook pointed towards the tired-looking receptionist by the check-in counter. He clearly remembered the old man addressing Soyeon as his wife.

And that's when Soyeon remembered about the guest list. Her name were written beside Jung Kook under the title of his wife.

"You think he knows you?" Soyeon asked, hoping that Jung Kook's fame has not yet reach this small town. "Did he recognized you when you came in last night?"

"I don't know." Jung Kook shook his head. "I don't think so."


Soyeon smiled at the slightest chance. "Okay, why don't we walk pass him and see if he recognizes you?" Soyeon suggested as she came out from behind their hiding place, taking the lead. 

The both of them walked carefully, and somewhat awkwardly as they tried to steal glances at the receptionist when they passed by him. There was no reaction from him however. Finally, when the receptionist noticed the two person walking oddly in a funny way, he turned to look at them with a friendly smile. It's either the old man doesn't have a clue or he's pretending not to notice in order to provide Jung Kook some privacy.

"Nope. He doesn't know you." Soyeon shrugged before making her way towards the hotel cafe with Jung Kook pouting behind her. It's a blow to his pride that Soyeon had witnessed a shameful moment for an idol where people did not recognize them.




"Soyeon! Jung Kook!" Mrs Jeon greeted the couple in a cheery tone. Too cheerful for Mr Jeon to tolerate in that early morning. "Omo, what's wrong with you Jung Kook? Didn't you sleep?" Mrs Jeon examined her son's face, tracing her finger on his dark circles.


"Don't worry umma. I did get some sleep." Jung Kook answered, pulling his mother in a tight embrace.

Jung Kook did sleep last night. Although truthfully sleep only came to him just a few hours ago.

----

Last Night.

Jung Kook reluctantly climbed on the bed and slipped under the warm duvet. He was careful not to wake Soyeon up. He sighed in relief when he's perfectly tucked under the blanket but accidentally had his legs brushing against a smooth skin. He raised the duvet to peeked under it to find Soyeon's long white legs barely covered by her sleeping shorts against his bare ones.

And the temperature in the room suddenly increased.

Jung Kook shut his eyes closed and turned his back on her. "I've sleep with her before. No, that's not right. We shared the same bed before. No, I mean when she cried that night she was asleep in my bed and oh dammit!" Jung Kook growled lowly after failing to calm himself.

He tossed and turn the whole night, waiting for sleep to arrive. But it did not come easily despite him being physically and mentally tired.

He counted imaginary sheep, he hummed his favorite lullaby, and he even recite the multiplication table backwards just so he could fall asleep. But Soyeon's light breath prevailed his methods. distracting him of all his efforts. Because mid-way through his counting and humming, he find himself sneaking glances at Soyeon.

Soyeon sleeps like a baby. Literally. Jung Kook did not notice this before when Soyeon had cried herself to sleep in his arms the night her grandfather went to his nursing home - but Soyeon sleeps with her fist clamped shut under her chin and sometimes she would mewl. And her breath sounded so melodic like a lullaby - if it's even possible.

Jung Kook enjoyed being the private audience who got to see this sleeping beauty. That night (morning. It was about 4AM!), Jung Kook felt like he was the luckiest man alive to be able to see this. To see the charismatic Lee Soyeon letting her guard down and being cute.

And that's how Jeon jung Kook fell asleep last night By watching Lee Soyeon sleeping.

--


"What are you going to do after this? The wedding doesn't start till 6." Mr Jeon finally spoke up after his wife paused from her ongoing outbursts about the most random things in the world to get more food.

"I want to catch up on sleep. Maybe hang out by the pool?" He answered, not quite certain what he's going to do. "You?" He turned to ask Soyeon who was sitting beside him, eating a bowl of cereal.

Soyeon thought for a while as she took a spoonful of cereal in . "I'll be walking around town I guess. There's a small tourist village nearby I would like to visit."

"Alone?" Jung Kook asked, his eyes rounded in astonishment. Soyeon gave him a curt nod, surprised by his sudden outburst.









"I thought you said you wanted to just hang out here in the resort?" Soyeon asked as she slipped her sandals on. Jung Kook was walking around the room collecting his wallet, smart phone and wristwatch. "Wait. Are you going to follow me?" She was excited at the prospect of having someone to hang out with.

Jung Kook took a seat beside her on the bed to put on his shoes. "I guess so. I could not let you walk around alone right?" He answered with a smile that never left his face. "What if you got kidnapped? Umma will send a search party for you and Somi's wedding will be ruined."

"Because of you." He continued, trying to fake a grim expression but failed miserably because he could not stop the smile from spreading on his face. He was excited too.

Soyeon did not hold back the laughter from escaping. She would always be bubbling with laughter when she's around him. "C'mon. There's so many places to go!"




Jung Kook had rented a pair of bicycles from the hotel to ride around town. There was only two left. He picked a black one for him and a pink one for Soyeon. Yes, because all girls like pink. *insert eye rolling* To his dismay, Soyeon wanted the black one.

And so for about 5 minutes they fought and bickered before Jung Kook finally gave in to her. "It's not fair. You're in the debate team!"




The day was sunny and windy. And the ride started off with an unofficial race between the two. Jung Kook was leading at first and he was surprised that Soyeon did not even complain or whine - that is before she effortlessly took the lead. Before they knew it, both of them tried to let the other win.

As they slowed their pace, they cycled side by side exchanging small talks about school and work. Soyeon did not wear her usual updo and she had let her hair cascade down her back instead. She giggled when her naturals soft curls went into and blocked her eyes which happened more often than preferred and Soyeon eventually cursed every time it happened which came off cute rather than scary.


"How could she look so cute when she is wearing an intimidating-looking studded leather jacket? How could she look so pretty without any trace of make-up? How could she look so cool despite being adorable?" Jung Kook found himself thinking to those thoughts.




Not far from the beach resort, there's a small tourist village situated in a convenient location close to local amenities. The village holds a number of food stalls, a mini shopping center for souvenirs and swimming essentials such as floats and bathing suits.

If it were during a summer break, the place would be flocked with people. But considering that Jung Kook and Soyeon came there during the off-season, the place was devoid of tourists except for several foreigners and old couples strolling about on their date.

"Looks like we have the place to us huh?" Jung Kook beckoned towards the almost-empty street. And Soyeon understood the depth of his words. Since becoming an idol, he barely gets to enjoy himself without fans shoving cameras on his face and shouting out his name for attention. So, having this entertainment area all to themselves is a bless.

Soyeon locked her bicycle with Jung Kook's pink one and began exploring the area, leaving Jung Kook behind to follow her. Jung Kook received his second surprise that day as he followed Soyeon who did not even spare a glance at the cute accessories on display at the stalls but went for the food stalls instead.

 

"Ahjussi, can I have a cone of chocolate ice-cream?" Soyeon asked the ahjussi at one of the many ice-cream parlours. The ahjussi nodded in glee before scooping the ice-cream. 

"Would your boyfriend want one?" the ahjussi asked, cocking his head towards Jung Kook and Soyeon's face immediately pinked.

Jung Kook pinked too, but took it more calmly than Soyeon did. "Yes, please." He took a note out of his wallet and handed it to the ahjussi.

Soyeon brushed of Jung Kook's absence of denial as soon as the cone reached her hand. After she took the first , her eyes immediately brightened up. She raised a thumb to signal the ahjussi that the ice-cream was delicious as he thanked him and walked away from the stall leaving Jung Kook behind.

"Does she thinks she's here alone? Why does she keeps leaving me behind?" Jung Kook grumbled as he pocketed the change. 

"She's cute." The ahjussi chuckled after hearing Jung Kook's words, eyeing Soyeon's back. "Your girlfriend." He added, pointing out the obvious. 

"Err, thank you." Jung Kook nodded as he walked away from the stall. Instead of taking it as a compliment, that four words disturbed him however. 1) That ahjussi is seriously calling Soyeon cute? Is he a e? 2) No one is allowed to call Soyeon cute other than him.

Jung Kook was still being grumpy and he did not look at where he was walking and ended up knocking someone over and a slight jab of pain hits his forearm. He had gotten himself a cut from hitting that person's sharp stud on the shoulder of her jacket.

 

Soyeon's intimidating studded jacket.

"I'm sorry. But watch where you're going." Soyeon said softly as she stood up to brush the dust off her black leggings, the ice-cream still intact on one hand. Even when she was not at fault she still apologized? She looked up and her eyes glittered under the sunlight. "Oh its you!" She laughed, pointing a finger at Jung Kook.

The stinging pain on his forearm went away, replaced by a content feeling from the pit of his stomach after hearing Soyeon's melodic laughter. And Jung Kook too, began laughing as he pointed a finger at Soyeon's pointy nose that had gotten smudged by her chocolate ice-cream.

Soyeon's laughter died down as she pouted. "You did this to me." She whined as she crossed her eyes to get a better view of her ice-cream-smudged nose. Jung Kook continued his laughter, thinking that she was too adorable that it must have been illegal!

Unconsciously, his hand reached to cup her face and his thumb slid across her nose to wipe off the dirt. "Hey, what about me?" Jung Kook the stain off his fingers, causing Soyeon to blush again. "Look at what your jacket did to my arm." He shove the bleeding cut on his forearm to her face.

Soyeon gasped at the small gush of blood. It was tiny really. "I'm sorry." And she looked truly sorry. She took a tissue from her bag pack and started dabbing on the cut. "There. All better." She gave him a reassuring smile.


And Jung Kook did feel better and he felt as though all of his worries and pains had been swept away. In fact it feels as if it couldn't get any better than this and he's in a realm where nothing could go wrong. 



For the rest of the day, they spent time exploring gift shops, picking out souvenirs for their friends. Soyeon had insisted on buying the EXO gang and BTS members some T-shirts but Jung Kook insisted on buying them carved wooden plate with their names written on it instead. In the end, they ended up buying both.

Next, they went to a mini petting zoo where Jung Kook learnt that Soyeon loves animals and she's very natural with them. The loves to cuddle the animals at any given chance and you could see the sadness in her eyes when Jung Kook had to ask her to part with them.

A weird thought of how Soyeon would interact with babies crossed his mind the entire time they were there.

That was until Soyeon attacked him with snarky remarks of how Jung Kook finally returned to his "natural habitat" with his "relatives". Although he didn't mind being related to those furry monkeys and chimpanzees. They're cute.

The highlight of the trip would of course be the duos favorite, eating. Jung Kook had never seen Soyeon being enthusiastic over food this much before. If she were to sit on a table full of food with his hyungs, she would fit in perfectly! She has a big appetite for such a small girl.

"Aren't you eating that?" Soyeon pointed towards the plate of mandu, dumplings with her chopstick. Jung Kook laughed amusingly as he pushed the plate towards her. Soyeon thanked him out loud before she began digging in.

For the nth time that afternoon, Soyeon closed her eyes as she savored the fillings. Jung Kook continued staring at her in awe. Soyeon could not only cook, she surely eats well too!

Soyeon pinked when she realized Jung Kook had been staring at her again as she ate, barely eating his japchae. "Don't stare! You're making me feel self-conscious!" She harrumphed before taking a sip of her water. "Why are you not eating? Are you not feeling well?" 

 

Jung Kook noticed the honest concern written on her face and he felt touched. But he couldn't possibly tell her that he felt full just by looking at her eating because his stomach couldn't stop doing flips at her charms right? No. 

"I need to watch what I eat. We're preparing a new comeback." Jung Kook answered, partially true as he played with the noodle on his plate. "And I'm not telling you anything about our comeback." Jung Kook jokingly glare at Soyeon before laughing at her reaction.

How did he know that? Soyeon was just about to break open to speak but closed it back when Jung Kook warned her, her index finger dropped mid-air. "But you still need to eat even when you're preparing for a comeback." Soyeon pouted as she played with the bowl of bibimbap with her chopstick. "The fans would still love you even if you're fat."

"Really?" Jung Kook asked even though he knew better than to get fat as an idol. "How would you know that?"

"I mean honestly, if they like you for your voice and music, they wouldn't mind that the singer of their favorite songs is ugly or fat right?" Soyeon answered seriously, her school-council mode full on. "If they like you for your outer appearance, then they shouldn't call themselves your fan."

Jung Kook considered Soyeon's words. "You wouldn't mind if I get fat and ugly?" Jung Kook asked. "You wouldn't mind don't you? You won't hate me?" He repeated. Jung Kook was unsure why he so wanted to know what Soyeon's answer would be. No, he needed to know. What if he actually gained weight and became ugly (accidentally of course). What would her reaction be? Would she still be there?

Or would she leave him like any other members of society who only cares about good looks?

Soyeon noticed the seriousness in Jung Kook's eyes. Of course she would not hate him because Soyeon did not fell for Jung Kook's outer appearance in the first place. She fell for his charms, soul, for his goods and his bads - all of him. That's what Soyeon wanted to say.

Instead she answered in a joking manner, "Who am I kidding? You're a K-pop idol. How would you dance on stage with those badass, hardcore choreography that BTS always do if you're fat?" She laughed for an effect.

Soyeon's laughter faltered immediately when she noticed Jung Kook did not laugh along with her and the sweet sunshine smile that was plastered on his face the entire day disappeared. She reached a hand and place it on top of Jung kook's big one on the table

"If my opinion really matters, it's okay to get fat. Just remember, it's not okay to be obese. It's not okay to be underweight to a medically unhealthy extent either." She massages the back of his palm soothingly with her thumb.

"If you really want to know, I don't judge people based on their looks. I like them for who they are just as how I like you for who 
you are - the Jeon Jung Kook that I get to see in his nature instead of the BTS' Jung Kook that everyone knew."



 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

200 Subbies! Woohoo thank you everyone! Really, thank you.
Errm, may I be selfish and ask for some upvotes too? hehe okay bye.

 

 

 

Here's some gif(t)s in exchange