Chapter 13

Married to an Idol

 

Chapter 13

 

The next morning, Soyeon woke up to an unfamiliar surrounding.

The room was pale yellow instead of the glorious white paint of her own bedroom. She tossed on the bed and inhaled in the new yet familiar scent of the pillow she's hugging. It was a natural scent, and not of the fragrance from her shampoo. She opened her eyes to find the bed sheet a different color than the one she's been used to seeing every morning this past few weeks.


I accidentally slept in his room. Soyeon groaned as she rubs the bridge of her nose.

In the middle of helping Jung Kook with his homework, Soyeon had dozed off on his bed while waiting. Jung Kook could have had carried her small body back to her room easily, but he was too tired and was drained of energy to do so and so he let her sleep away in his room instead.


Not sure if he was being kind or lazy.




Soyeon got out of Jung Kook's bed and stretched her stiff body by the closed window, looking out at the empty street. I must have woken up earlier than usual. Soyeon thought, as she gave a mighty yawn and walked out of Jung Kook's room.



Just as she thought, Jung kook was sprawled on the bed in her room, his long limbs dangling out of the pink duvet. Soyeon looked in envy at Jung Kook and wondered how could a boy look so beautiful while sleeping even though he had his mouth agape. Just as she was about to wake Jung Kook up from his deep sleep, Soyeon saw the beads of sweat forming on his forehead.


"Didn't he switch the air-conditioner on?" Soyeon mumbled softly as she turned to face the air-conditioner across the room. But the air-conditioner was already switched on and is in full swing. Soyeon turned back to look at Jung Kook in confusion.


"JungKook-ssi, are you okay?" She poked lightly at Jung Kook who was now shivering despite being covered in sweats. Jung Kook stirred in his sleep and let out a soft moan. Intuitively, Soyeon rested the back of her palm onto Jung Kook's clammy forehead. Soyeon flinched as her skin touches Jung Kook's burning skin. "You have a fever it seems." She whispered to herself. 


Soyeon dashed out of the room and downstairs to the living room where the medical-kit laid beside the first-aid kit on a shelf of roses and picture frames. Before she went back into her room, she took a quick glance at the grandfather clock by the hallway where the time showed that it was a quarter to six.

It was still early for school.


Once she was back in her room, Soyeon gently pulled Jung Kook's arm away so that she could take a sit on the edge of the bed. Setting the medical kit by the nightstand, Soyeon grabbed the digital thermometer and insert its end into Jung Kook's exposed ear and waited for a few seconds to take the reading of his body temperature.


Wow, its quite high. Soyeon stared intently at the digits displayed on the thermometer's screen. Quickly remembering the remedies that her mother had done whenever she was down with fever, Soyeon went out of the room again and this time walked to the kitchen and back in her room again with a tray of glass of water, a pack of fever-relieving medicine, and a soaked towel.


"Jung Kook-ssi," she called out softly as she set the tray on the nightstand. Jung Kook stirred from his sleep and opened his eye lids with much effort. "It seems like you have a fever. Your temperature is 39 degrees." Soyeon filled in Jung Kook with his condition as she help him sit up on his bed.


Jung Kook did not say anything as he took the tablets Soyeon handed him and swallowed it with a gulp of water. "Do you want to go back to your room?" Soyeon asked as she help him to lay back on the mattress.


"No." He shook his head weakly. "It's nice here."


Soyeon's lips curled into a small gentle smile as she looked over Bangtan Boy's golden maknae, snuggling comfortably under her duvet. He didn't have the cool image on. Instead, Soyeon get to see the adorable side of him.

Soyeon took the damp towel she had brought up earlier and placed it on Jung Kook's forehead before she heads out of the room and close the door behind her.



 

Jung Kook smiled in gratitude at her constant kindness towards him. The image of her worried face kept flashing through his mind, easing his headache. He doesn't like to see her frown in worry, but her concern was cute, Jung Kook thought.




 

Back in the living room, Soyeon dialed her mother-in-law's number. After the fifth ring, the warm motherly voice was heard from the other end of the line. "Eomoni, I'm sorry to disturb you early in the morning, But Jung Kook is down with a fever."


"Aigoo, my child. How is he?" Mrs Jeon asked over the line


"He seems fine. I just gave him some medicine, but what should I cook for him?" Soyeon answered as she went through the kitchen cabinets.


"You could just make him a bowl of porridge. Do you need the recipe?"


"Yes, that'll be great." Soyeon replied and write down the ingredients and steps onto a piece of paper scattered on the coffee table from yesterday's discussion with her friends. Once she was done, Soyeon went to the kitchen and got ready to prepare the porridge.

 

While waiting for the porridge to boil and simmer, Soyeon head back to her room and got ready for school. At first Soyeon had decided to stay at home to look over Jung Kook but she needs to meet the head teacher to prep up for their final preparation for the school festival.

He'll be fine for a couple of hours, Soyeon tried to ease herself and she's not sure why she's so concerned about him.


After Soyeon had seen her grandfather safely off with his nurse, Soyeon brought a bowl of porridge up to her room and shook Jung Kook awake. "Ireona~" Soyeon sang out to him. Oh God, why did I suddenly became so motherly? Soyeon mentally cursed at her unusual self. "Wake up, you need to eat." Soyeon tried again after her first attempt to wake Jung Kook up had failed.


Jung Kook finally gave in and tried to sit up. He wanted to hear more of Soyeon's gentle voice singing to him sweetly but to no avail as Soyeon switched back to her normal tone. After he had finally gained the strength to sit, he rested his back against the headboard of the bed and opened his mouth wide, waiting for the steaming porridge to reach his mouth.


Soyeon stared at Jung Kook, confused. Is he expecting me to feed him? Soyeon thought before finally picking up the spoon. She hesitated for a moment before finally bringing the spoon to his opened mouth. She flushed in embarrassment and darted her eyes away from Jung Kook as soon as Jung Kook took the first bite.


As Soyeon looked around the room to avoid meeting Jung Kook's eyes, she caught a quick glance at her alarm clock sitting by her dresser. ". I'm late!" Soyeon hurriedly place the bowl of porridge on the nightstand.


"Where are you going?" Jung Kook asked as he grabbed Soyeon by the wrist just before she could walk away. 


"I'm going to school of course." Soyeon said as she wriggled her hand out of his grip. She ran to Jung Kook's room and grabbed his smart phone he had left on his desk. Just as she was about to walk out of the door, she spotted Jung Kook's iPad on a shelf by the door and retrieve it before running back to her room. "Here, in case you get bored. Call me if you need anything. I'll try to be back home early." She said as she place both the iPad and smartphone onto Jung Kook's lap before grabbing her school bag and run out of the house.


For the umpteenth time that morning, Jung Kook smiled at the small gesture despite feeling uncomfortable and sick. Its nice to be sick once in a while, he thought to himself.