Letter from Dad

Oppa, I Hate You! [오빠,난 니가 싫어!]

“Yaa! CHOI JUNHONG!!!” I yelled his name at the top of my voice. This is what he meant by ‘stay here my love’ and ‘just two of us’?

 

“Mwo, Dae-mi ahh? You don’t like it? I like it very very much!” Zelo were not looking at me at all and kept on walked forward, left me here somewhere section in the supermarket.

 

Yup, we were now in supermarket...

 

It happened actually right after all the other B.A.P members together with Manager Kang went to a seafood restaurant which was far from Seoul...

 

“Dae-mi....” I looked at him and startled for a bit as he came slowly closer towards me.

 

“W-what??” My lips trembled and I nearly closed my eyes. Was he going to kiss me?

 

“Let’s go to supermarket~~ Gaja!” But suddenly he took my hands and clasped it together with his warm and big hands. I opened my eyes and gave him a curious stare.

 

Eh??

 

And that’s how we were being here. And I truly cannot believed my eyes any longer.

 

Zelo. Play with the trolley. Like a kiddo.

 

My lover was a kiddo. I sighed and facepalmed myself. Ugh...

 

“Dae-mi!! Over here!!” I slowly walked towards him and took a glance on the things that he excitedly for.

 

“It’s spaghetti.” I shifted my gaze towards him. “Do you want to eat it?”

 

“Yes. I craved for it very much~ I love to eat it especially when there are cherry tomatoes in the sauce. But...nobody wants to cook it for me... Even the Italian restaurants that I went before didn’t cook the sauce with my favourite little cherry tomato~~” He pouted and talked like a kid. His voice was just so cute that I couldn’t even felt anything than sympathy towards him.

 

“Arasseo, arasseo~ I will cook it for you, ne?” I quickly took the spaghetti and finds for the sauce before put both of it into the trolley. Then, I went to the vegetable section with Zelo to find his favourite cherry tomato.

 

“Cherry tomato~~” He ran towards the cherry tomato and showed it to me with a sparkle eyes. Wow! He did love it very much~

 

“Okay, do you need anything else, Zelo? I will just take meat ball after this for the spaghetti.” I asked him as I didn’t want to go back to the same section place twice.

 

“Hrmmm...I do need something actually... “ He took his time for a while to think of something. “Aha! It’s you! I need you, Yoon Dae-mi~”

 

“Hmmph! You need me only to cook the spaghetti for you...” I pouted.

 

“Aniyo!” He shook his head vigorously. “I really need you by my side, always and forever...” He suddenly changed from his kiddo state just now and gave me his bear hugs.

 

Geez....why he became so sweet for a sudden...

 

“Yeah~ Let’s go to pay all these things...” I broke the hugs and pushed the trolley as fast as I could. Omo! My cheeks burned~

 

“But Dae-mi....you said that you want to take the meat ball right?” I suddenly stopped from kept pushed the trolley. Ahh~~ It’s so embarrassing.... I totally forgot about the meat ball!

 

It’s all your fault, Choi Junhong!

 

==========================================

 

It doesn’t take a long time to cook spaghetti. It’s quick indeed. When we get back from the supermarkets by bus, I quickly took all the ingredients out for its plastic bag. Zelo at first was sitting on the loveseat, watching the television. But then, he suddenly took a seat at the dining table and kept watched me from behind.

 

It’s awkward, seriously...

 

“Hey.” I turned myself to face him. ”Why you are staring at me like that, hmm?”

 

“Oh! Nothing~ Just daydreaming for a second if just we will be forever together, you will always cook like this for me and I bet it will be so perfect...” He kept looked at me with his deep eyes.

 

Be forever together with you?? Of course I wanted to, you kiddo!

 

I cleared my throat for a while. “Well, okay. But don’t complaint if the spaghetti tastes bad! You’re making me feel awkward...” He nodded. And I continued to cook the spaghetti with Zelo gaze that kept looked at me....

 

================================

 

“Your spaghetti is jjang, Dae-mi!! I love you twice for this lunch~” His face lit up with the biggest, most radiant smile. He already ate his spaghetti till it’s finished.

 

Smiles that I loved to see...

 

“Twice more than your skateboard and cherry tomato?” I glanced to him. I just wanted to see his reaction about this question... I chuckled.

 

“Mwo? Umm....it’s hard to choose...” He scratched his head, made his hair was being messy.

 

“You have to choose~” I ended up laughed when I saw his eyes that were begging for my mercy. I shook my head.

 

“Waa~ Dae-mi is sooooooo evil! Shirou! I don’t want to choose!” He did mehrong to me and quickly ran to the loveseat. But he accidentally pushed my pouch on the loveseat to the floor, which made all the contents inside it were scattered all over.

 

“Mwoya~ Look at what you’ve just done! Hmmph!” I went to the incident area as I want to insert back the things into my pouch.

 

“Dae-mi ahh~ What’s this?” I looked at him and also the thing that he asked for.

 

That’s the letter that I’d got before...

 

“Hmm... Actually I don’t what the contents inside it. But I’m sure that is just...a letter maybe?” I took the letter from his hands and looked on the envelope. Felt unsure whether to open it or not.

 

As it would change my life....

 

“Why don’t you just open it then?” I muted myself. That’s right...why I didn’t even try to open and look for its contents inside?

 

“Shall I?” I asked for his opinions. He nodded. “Okay. I’ll open it...”

 

I slowly opened the envelope as careful as I could. Then, I took a deep breath and look for the content inside. As just what I thought before, it’s just a letter. I took it out and opened the fold of the letter.

 

My heart did miss a beat or two just by reading the first line of the letter. It’s a letter...from dad!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dear my daughter, Dae-mi.

 

          It is dad. How you have been there in United States? I wish that your mother had succed in raised you into a young beautiful girl that is well-mannered as well as lovely as before. Or maybe not...

 

Dae-mi,

 

Dad did miss you a lot and I live just fine here. Don’t you worry about me. I’m still healthy and safe in Korea. Well, actually I got to know that you were now right here, in South Korea to find me, am I right? Just...why you do that, Dae-mi? You’re just so selfish towards your mother! Plus, you’re hurting my heart too as well... I don’t want to acknowledge your disgraceful attitude. You’re not my Yoon Dae-mi that I knew before!

 

          And I need to state my point here on why I don’t want you to find me. And also why I just let your mother took you away from me. It’s because I hate you, Dae-mi. I actually didn’t want you to come in into my life. But you are born, right after I came back from Busan. Still, I started to love you slowly soon after that.

 

          Then, my life was just so poor and I was so stressed to raise you up. I didn’t even have enough money for myself and your mother; how can I raise you then?? So, when your mother gave a brilliant idea to take you away and married the other man who is wealthy and very rich – I let you go, for your own better life.

 

          But you’re stubborn! You’re still missing me like a stupid person. But I, I didn’t even miss you now. You’re already disappeared from my mind until this second that I had to write this letter. Maybe this did sound harsh but can’t you just stay in United States? Why you’re so stupid to find me here? Then what?? You want to live with me that have no money and even wealth to give to you? If I were you, I’ll never come back to South Korea ever again.

 

          Now, I’d even married with another woman and got a happy family here. I’d got a daughter and a son. I lived happily right now until I knew your disappearance news. You’ve just got to make me became crazy, don’t you? Why you came here?? Why? You want to destroy my new family? NO! I wouldn’t let you do that! Just go back and stay with your mother, step-father and also your brother in United States. I don’t want to see your face here, arasseo?

 

I’m really sorry if you will cry when you’re reading this but, I‘d to tell you even in this kind of way. This is my true feelings about you. Just go back and stay in United States. Don’t ever come here again to find me. Just imagined that I’m already dead, ne?

 

I believe in you. Don’t ever put my faith down. This is my last wish to you as your father.

 

Sincerely,

Your father, Yoon Dae-han.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I stared at the letter in disbelief. My dad...would never treat and talked to me like that! Andwae! I couldn’t believe it!! Slowly, my eyes started misting over and I realized that I was tears.

 

“Waeyo?? Dae-mi ahh....are you okay?” Zelo slowly wiped my tears and hugged me into his arms. I tried to tell him about the letter but no sound escaped my slightly parted lips.

 

I could just keep on crying...

 

The letter that I hold just now was slowly fell down from my hands to the floor. I hugged Zelo even tighter, by the thought of my own father that I missed for years was actually hates me...and doesn’t want me to even come into his life – his new life.

 

I was speechless, confused – all the feelings were mixed in me...

 

I didn’t want to believe the letter but at the same time, I didn’t know what I should do....

 

#Feel free to comment for this chapter~ :)