Miss Fayne's Elude

Oppa, I Hate You! [오빠,난 니가 싫어!]

I’m 18 years old! I can meet daddy this year! At last, the time that I've waited so long had come… Appa….’

 

I quickly ran downstairs and to my surprise, I saw all of the preparations for my birthday that my mom did for me. Various laces of blue color were hanged along the spacious hallway. Everything was absolutely stunning. It’s so perfect.

 

On my way down the stairs, all the butlers and maids in this mansion kept wishing me for my birthday. It was more like a dream, more than it could be a reality.

 

But, in my mind I could only think about one thing. A thing that matters a lot to me. I had been waiting for it for such a long time. I want it now.

 

I quickly opened the glass door to the living room – I was totally stunned. There were already a lot of people here, in our living room for my birthday party. I barely knew or even recognized any of them, but I was sure they’re my mom and step-dad’s friends.

 

“So, our birthday girl Demi… Eottae? Like it?” My step-dad, James approached me and gave me his bear hug. Warm and tight. But still, it was different from my dad.

 

I turned my head to look at him. “How can I suppose to deny it? It’s wonderful – no, more than that actually.” I let out a soft chuckle. He was a true gentleman and he had tried his best to become a good father to me.

 

And even sometimes, he was a lot better than my own mother in understanding my feeling.

 

“Well, I’m glad you like it.” He smiled; his eyes sparkled warmly. Was that the reason mom fall in love with him? Perhaps, it was. “Well your omma had done her best to make every inch of preparation today is right on their place. Just for you, my dear.” He continued with confidence in his voice to assure me to believe his words. “Don’t get mad at her, hmm?”

 

I sighed. Yeah, I was constantly having a fight with my mom. Especially when it was about dad. That made me pondered of this; will she give me permission to meet dad? “Yeah, I’ll try.” I tried to give him the best friendly smile as I could, but failed.

 

James patted my shoulder and then left me when mom came near to us. He obviously wanted me to have a personal conversation with mom. Just the both of us.

 

“Demi dear, joha? I do this preparation just for you. Ttara oseyo. (Come with me.)” Mom held my wrist and tugged me to an isolated side of the living room. “I just want you to enjoy this day, okay sweetie? I don’t want us to fight anymore, especially today. Okay?”

 

What was wrong with mom? Her face was sickly white and she smiled feebly at me. I guess she was tired after all of these preparations. “Arasseo omma. Don’t worry about it. Hajiman, omma gwenchana? You look pale..” I tried to touch mom’s face but she resisted it.

 

“Nan jeongmal gwenchana. Enjoy today, my girl.” Mom leaned down to kiss me on my chubby cheeks that always been pinched by dad when I was a little girl.

 

It was tiring, though.

 

Three hours of greeting the guests was a tiring job. Faking acts of looking good and full with etiquettes when talking, walking, eating, drinking and others just make me sick! Life as an aristocrat. Huh! I think I couldn’t compromise with any of these anymore so I just decided to sneak out from the party.

 

The party that was supposedly for me – for my birthday.

 

I walked past the corridors in a leisure pace without any proper aim. Ah! I should look after mom. I was afraid if she was not fine at all.

 

I climbed up the spiral staircase heading to mom’s room. And I stood in front of her room. Just then I heard mom talked to someone on the phone with Korean language. It was weird. I rarely heard mom speaking to anyone using our mother tongue.

 

“You’ll never meet Dae-mi! Don’t even wish for it!”

 

Was it about me? Dae-mi…yeah, that’s my name. Meet? Wish? What were all of these about?

 

“Hajima! Why do you want to meet her when you can’t even be a good appa for her? With your condition, I don’t think it was right for us to talk about that matter, Dae-han.”

 

Appa? Dae-han??? I stepped forward to hear mom’s conversation more. I think I should know this. I had to.

 

“To me, you’re already dead. As for Dae-mi, please don’t give her hope and your sweet promises when you can’t even fulfill them!”

 

*TUT*

 

I could feel hot tears rolling down my cheeks. Mom’s sigh was so heavy and filled with lies to my ears. That was when she found me out – right behind her.

 

“D-Demi dear.” Stop it, mom. Stop your acting now!

 

“Surprise, huh? I heard it. All of it. Omma, jebal. Speak sincerely with me. Why are you lying? Why do you prohibit me from meeting dad? Wae?!” I had already lost my control of patience. I couldn’t stand it any longer.

 

“Demi…I do this for your own good. I-“

 

“So, is you’re saying this is all my fault? Omma, wae? How could you do this to me? I miss dad so much! You know that right along!” My tears were streaming down my cheeks.

 

Then, James appeared. “Demi? Amy? What happened?”

 

I quickly ran out of the room. Leaving mom who had started to cry and also the stunned bewildered James behind me. I’m sorry but I cannot stand this. No more.

 

##-At night-##

 

I had already packed all of my stuffs in a big luggage. I checked my passport and other important things for the last time. I glanced to my watch – it was nearly 12 in the midnight.

 

*PHONE RINGTONES – INCOMING CALL*

 

I looked at my phone screen. It was my best pal, Stephanie. “Hello.”

 

“Hey, Demi! Are you really sure to do this??” Her voice tone didn’t sound harsh but it was more concerned and worried about my decision..

 

“Of course. I had thought of this matter for millions of times. This was the only way, Fany. I’m sorry for troubling you at such late hours.”

 

“Yeah, you already make me miserable now. By the way, I’m already in front of your mansion back gate. Make it quick, okay?”

 

“Okay.” I put down the phone. I looked all corner of my bedroom. I’m sorry that I had to say goodbye…

 

I hurriedly lifted my luggage down the stairs with extra care. I didn’t want to wake any soul in this mansion and ruined my plan. Yeah, I wanted to make this runaway as silent and discreet as I could.

 

I finally reached Stephanie’s car at the back of this mansion. She stared at me with a stern look. “Are you sure?” She asked me for the tenth time. She was really concerned about me.

 

But nothing can change my mind now. It was too late.

 

“Yes.” Stephanie’s car started to leave mansion’s area. I turned to see the mansion that once become my house for the last time. All I can say was the word ‘goodbye’.

 

I’m sure this was the best decision for me, dad and also mom. I have to meet dad no matter what.

 

‘Dad, please protect me in this journey.’

 

Yoon Dae-mi, let’s elude to Korea!

 

#Feel free to comment for this chapter~ :)