Dad, Where Are You?

Oppa, I Hate You! [오빠,난 니가 싫어!]

It was a fine cool morning and the gentle breeze enlivened my souls to wake up and enjoy the scenery by my balcony. Daegu was just amazing; everything was simply different than what I’d seen in 11 years before but one thing was same for sure.

 

Dad. He must be somewhere here...

 

I’d tried my best to remember our address before but I just can only remember the district name. Jung district? Yeah, that’s it! Now, I have to find a way to go there as I was still in Daegu..

 

*DING DONG*

 

I quickly opened the door. Zelo had told me that he would come to greet me as the first people in this beautiful morning. And, I would tell him everything...so he wouldn’t think that I didn’t believe him so.

 

“Morning, nae sarang~ (My love~) Got a nice sleep yesterday?” I smiled when I saw him pouted in front of my suite door, looked at me with his pair of puppy eyes.

 

“Aniyo! Hyungs bullied me all over yesterday~ I’d told you that I want to sleep here, with you~~” Zelo hugged me tightly like a kid hugged their teddy bear.

 

“Oh! Mianhaeyo but we can’t sleep together in the same suite! No, no, no! Truly andwae!” I closed the door as soon as he broke the hugs.

 

“Shirou! I want nobody, nobody, nobody but you!!” He sang the last part of Wonder Girls’ song with his own version – his ultimate LTE rap. I laughed.

 

“Here. I promised you yesterday right? I will tell you about me.” I looked at him with sad eyes.

 

My eyes had already could tell you my past story...

 

“Sure! Well, let me know if you’re actually an alien like me? From Mato, perhaps~” I hit his chest softly. He always knows how to make me smile with his joke.

 

“No, I’m not a Matoki. Don’t you worry~” I chuckled. “Well, actually I came to Korea because I want to find my long-lost dad. And I-“

 

“Wait, wait! You came to Korea? Yaa...you’re not Korean then?” He asked me with his big eyes. Aishh...

 

“Yaa! I’m Korean and I always am. I just lived in United States, following my mother since I was a kid. My birth place were right here, Daegu.” I sighed. I did have to explain everything to him though.

 

“Oh...I see~ Mian~ I wouldn’t ask anything from now. Just continue your story, Dae-mi ahh~” He sat on the bad while leaned his back on the pillows that he already make it up straight before.

 

“Okay...” I fixed my voice a little bit before continued my story. “My dad. I was searching for him now. I believed that he was somewhere here, waiting for me. I had got several clues that show he is still longing for me. My mom; she’s always inhibit me from meet dad. Actually, this year, I shall meeting dad by then. But...”

 

“But...? Dae-mi...I’m sorry. I didn’t know that you’re having such a big trouble. I’m so sorry for troubling you before. I-“ He held my hands while gave me a warm and soothe hugs. I stopped him from saying anything by put my forefinger on his lips.

 

“Gwenchana.” I released the hugs. “I just want to meet him. That’s all I need before this but now...I need you by my side too. Gajima, jebal? Can you accompany me to find him before my mom will bring me back to United States if she found me?”

 

“Y-you have to go back to United States? Don’t tell me-“ I shook my head.

 

“It’s not gonna happen, I’ll make sure of it. Don’t worry.” I gave my best smile to him.

 

I’d just now make out a promise. To Junhong....

 

“So, you wanna find him...today? Today is the only day B.A.P is free from any music shows!” He excitedly told me his freedom for today.

 

“But still, we’ve to go back to Seoul right?” I expressed out my worries. I can’t do my plan if we had to go right to Seoul for today...

 

“Hmmm...eottae? But I think it’s doesn’t matter~ Let’s sneak out from here!” I startled.

 

“Yaa!! You’re an idol!! How if Manager Kang got mad and report to the police and we’ll be the prime news in the newspaper and-“ He suddenly kissed me shortly and stared me straight into my eyes.

 

“Don’t you believe me? I’ll settle all this for sure. Don’t nagging like a grandma, Dae-mi. Your age is still far way too young to nag all over!” He laughed and quickly took my hands to bring me together with him.

 

Yeah, we did sneak out from the hotel...and from everybody too...

 

==================================

 

After a short journey by subway, we finally arrived at Jung district which was totally almost developed. I could only remember several things to my house when I was little. We were now walked like the people that have no sense of direction. I glanced to Zelo. He seems tired for now.

 

“Junhongie~ Tired?” I asked him with a concern face. Maybe I should bought something to eat before continued our journey.

 

“Aniyo! How can I be tired if I get the one and only chance to go out with you? We are now like a normal couple~” He hold my hands slowly and grip it fitly into his big hands.

 

Like a normal couple....

 

“Mianhae...I didn’t remember much about the street that I used to live in before...” I bowed my head down. Felt so hopeless.

 

“Gwenchana! There’s always a help behind all this~” I glanced to him. Wow! I never knew that he had such a positive thinking like that...

 

As his words were like a miracle, suddenly there’s a young man that called me from our left side. I think I did saw him before...

 

“Miss! Do you possibly still remember me? We’d meet each other before this! My halmeoni is the one who gave you that ribbon.” He smiled while his finger pointed to the ribbon that I wore.

 

“Oh yes! I remember it now!” I held his hands. “Can you bring us to meet your grandmother? I need to ask her something... It’s about my dad.”

 

But then he suddenly looked at me with disbelief. “Y-you mean...you’re Dae-mi? Dae-mi that my halmeoni did talked about all over??”

 

“Ne. She’s Yoon Dae-mi. She’s here to find her dad and she believes that your halmeoni can lead her to her dad.” Zelo for a sudden spoke on my behalf to this young man. He also took my hands and gripped it more tightly to give me some strength.

 

“Sure! Gaja!” I glanced for a moment to Zelo. His face was still calm and that does quite make me relaxed for a little bit indeed.

 

==============================

 

“Taehyung ahh! Who are the persons that you bring for today, hmmm? Did I tell you to do not bring your friends always-“ I knew this voice. It’s that old lady’s voice.

 

“Halmeoni! Andwaeyo~ I bring someone for halmeoni...” The young man, which his name was Taehyung were introduced me and Zelo to his grandmother. At first she looked at me with his old eyes, but then she hugged me and cried.

 

“Finally! Dae-mi yaa!” I patted her back softly to stop her from crying because of me.

 

As soon as I released the hug, I asked her about dad. But she seems did not heard it clearly. She did bring me to her room and were looking for something. The she found it and showed it to me.

 

It’s my picture. With dad...

 

“Halmeoni....” I was utterly dumbfounded. A picture of me and dad...who’s exactly was she?

 

“I knew that you will find me as soon as possible. I was your neighbor in 11 years ago. Don’t you remember Taehyung? He always bullied you at that time...” Was this for real? I looked at Taehyung who was now standing beside Zelo in halmeoni’s room.

 

“Oh...Sorry. I didn’t remember it though....” I had remembered being bullied by the girls but for the boys....did me? Ah! Jae-hyuk oppa once had punched a boy that always teased me... He was the one?

 

“Dae-mi.” I looked back to halmeoni. “Go back now... Your dad needs you.”

 

But then, Taehyung went to his grandmother and told her to get a rest. Then, she for a sudden slept on her mattress in child way. I looked at him weird, wanted an explanation for this.

 

“Why she suddenly sleep? She didn’t even tell me where my dad is.” But Taehyung just stared to his grandmother and muted himself. Then, he brings me and Zelo to go to his living room.

 

“I’m sorry. But my halmeoni...actually got dementia stage two, which means that she had minor memory inconsistencies. And she also did have problems with time, especially year.” His face was gloomed when he talked the word ‘year’.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean? Tell me.” I asked him sternly.

 

He looked hesitated at first but he said it at last. “Your dad, uncle Dae-han had already got moved from Daegu since last three years. You did come too late. I’m sorry.”

 

I was in total devastation. My dad...was no longer in Daegu... “How can...he moved away? I mean, he did promise me before to meet me here!” I was totally chocked with emotions.

 

“The landlord chased him away as he couldn’t pay his rent for years. Plus, the house area now had been developed into a shopping mall. That’s why we finally ended here; a new house since last year.” He explained it to me with his blank expression.

 

I stood rooted to the ground, was totally didn’t know what to feel. Thankfully Zelo did hold my back, so I didn’t fell onto the floor.

 

Dad...I miss you....

 

“It’s okay... Well, I guess we have to go first. Nice to meet you and also your halmeoni. Thank you for the information and the picture too as well.” Zelo once again became my representative to say the sentences that I should say to Taehyung now.

 

“Umm...yeah. Well, I’m so sorry Dae-mi. I can’t help you with it as I don’t know where he is now... I’m sorry...” Taehyung was bow to me and Zelo while escorted us to his little house gate.

 

=================================

 

Zelo hold me by my shoulder, kept me safe in his arms. I finally could cry my heart out. Slowly, my head sank into his chest.

 

“I guess...we should go back to our hotel, right?” Zelo asked me with his soft voice. I nodded.

 

If just I had a chance...I would never left you dad....

 

#Feel free to comment for this chapter~ :) 

Btw, Taehyung character in this chapter is actually inspired by V @ Kim Taehyung from Bangtan Boys~ ^^ He is from Daegu~~