The Introduction

Oppa, I Hate You! [오빠,난 니가 싫어!]

“Dad!!” I ran as fast as I could towards my daddy. He turned his head while giving his best smile for me.

 

A smile that could never be forgotten.

 

“Aigoo…my little princess~ Why you’re running so fast? Is there any good news for me?” I nodded my head when he gave me his bear hug that is so warm…

 

The best-warm hugs in the world.

 

“What is it then, dear?” I glanced towards his deep, affectionate ebony eyes for a moment. I was trying to make him more curious...hehehe

 

“Come on~ Daddy really wants to know it.. Tell me, hmm?” He held my little hands tightly and brought it to his chest. I could feel his heartbeat. Steady, yet strangely fast.

 

Please don’t ever let it go, dad.

 

“Actually…it’s nothing!!” I poked dad’s face with my fingers then sped up for a run. But..it seemed like a hopeless attempt as my legs were not long enough to make a runaway. But, I was so happy at that moment. I smiled brightly. I can’t stop it.

 

I missed these smiles of mine.

 

Suddenly, a muscular hand of dad pulls me up to face him. “You’re pulling my legs now, don’t you? Take this punishment~~” He tickled my soles, making me cry in mix of ticklish and happiness…

 

A happiness tear ran down my eyes..

 

Then, there was a lady walking with a feline grace towards us. Dad and I quickly fixed our gazes to stare at her. I knew her. Very much.

 

My mother.

 

But, she seemed weird. Why didn’t she smile? Her face was really eerie.. It’s too stern and solemn; and what worst was she didn’t reply dad’s smile for her. Why mommy?

 

Why I couldn’t discover everything at that time...

 

“I need to talk to you. Now.” It was a simple sentence. But it was too harsh. I looked towards dad, hoping for an explanation. But dad’s expression also changed. His face droop down, his eyes flooded in what it seemed like agony and his brow furrowed in a way that wrenched my heart sad. He even stopped his punishment on me just now. He looked…sad.

 

Dad??

 

“Sorry dear. But I have to go to talk with your mom. Just for a moment. Wait here, okay?” Dad held both my shoulders while looking at me with his deep eyes. What was the meaning behind all of this? I don’t know. The only thing that I know was to hope. To hope that everything will be just fine.

 

It’s hopeless.

 

“Shirou! Andwae! Wae dad has to go? I want to play..” But dad didn’t listen to me for this time. “Next time, maybe?” I pouted. “Shirou!”

 

Dad just patted my head and turned his back from my gaze. I was left alone in our small but cozy little house. Dad and mom slowly started to fade away..

 

Please don’t go dad! Jebal! I need you!

 

Dad’s gaze fell upon me for a moment. But that basically gave nothing to relax me up. It was an empty black stare. So emotionless, so empty. It was nothing.

 

“Don’t worry, Dae-mi ahh~ I’ll be back soon.” His smiles…

 

His last words that I could remember…

 

“Dae-mi, my little sweetheart~ Yoon Dae-mi~~”

 

Dad!!!!

 

“Dad!!!!!!!!!!” I was panting heavily. My breathing was in a wrecked mess. It was like I’m in a PE class or being in a run or something.

 

I looked up my surroundings. It was no longer my small house that I called home. I’m now in a big bedroom of mine. To be more specific, I was on my queen-sized bed, waking up from a dream.

 

Was it really a dream?

 

*KNOCK*

 

My bedroom door opened slightly to make a way for a lady to come into my room. She sat by the edge of my bed, her hands extended to slowly pat my shoulders. The first thing that came out from her was…

 

“Demi, gwenchana? You’re sweating all over. Look at you. Oh my! Hurry and go take a warm bath. That will make you feel much better.” Her gaze was really sympathizing towards my condition.

 

“Ne, omma. Arasso.” I quickly jumped out from the bed and head towards my bathroom. I looked into my reflection in the mirror.

 

Naega, Yoon Dae-mi. Daughter of Yoon Dae-han and Lee Ae-mi.

 

Yes. I’m daughter of my dad. But damn! I missed him so much now… I don’t want to waste any time so I quickly ran for my shower. When I just came out from my bathroom..

 

“Happy 18th birthday, Miss Demi! Waa~~you’re all grown up! I’m so pleased to still be here and you turning to a decent young lady, Miss Demi.” Lolita, my maid spoke, her hands clasped together on her chest. She was like my own sister after all. We were so close.

 

“Oh, Lolita. Thank you so much!” I hugged her tightly as my token of appreciation. She was the first person to wish me on my birthday. Wait! Today was my birthday?

 

I’m 18 years old now!! Dad! Gidaryeo juseyo!!!