Old Arcade (Wonshik)

VIXX'S HORROR UNIVERSITY LIFE STORIES.

 

 

 

Old Arcade . . .

 

 

Once a month, Wonshik would always spent himself a day at the arcade, pouring all of his stressful mind out right there. From a daytime, to a midnight. Or even worse, until he get kicked out by the owner. Well, he usually chose the second option over the first one anyway.

 

On that one unlucky month, Wonshik's favorite arcade went on renovation, on a day where he knew his failed test results. He groaned in frustrated, he wanted a stress releaser. A nearest bar a few feet from him was registered into his sight, he shook his head in refused. He's not that kind of guy who wasted himself on drinking and getting drunk. Nope, he's not that kind of person, Wonshik kept remind himself repeatedly. Deciding for the best to directly goes home with empty hands, he started to walk with his head hung low. He walk, walk, and walk. Didn't actually realized what comes next, a hard bricks wall met his head pretty hard that makes him met with a sudden darkness.

 

When he opened his eyes, everything around him was dark, and that time he knew that he have laid there for hours. Immediately he shot his body to sit as his hands gripping every pockets on his jeans, making sure that no important items lose, he sighed in relieved. Slowly he stood on his feet with a quiet hissed left from his gritted teeth, the pain on his head is still unrecover yet. Wonshik scanned the surrounding cautiously. No one could be detected walking on a street.

 

'Weird..' He mumbled.

 

Usually there were few people were walking on a street during this hour. Plus, it wasn't that late based from the color of the sky. He thought. He take a look over his wrist watch, the needle doesn't move. "What the hell? Out of service already?" He tapped the glass once, nothing changes. As he busy tapping his wrist watch hoping it would work once again, a light pull of his sweater by someone brought him back to the earth. Wonshik looked down at the person.

 

It was a kid. A boy. He was pale, and his eyes was sharp like one of his housemate, Taekwoon. Well, they kind of looked similar. He snickered at the thought.

 

'Ah. Finally there's someone other than me..' He chuckled slightly. He sat on his knees as his eyes met with the boy's warmly. "What can I help you, little kid?"

 

Silence. But then, the boy raised his index finger in direction; towards the dark alley acrossed the road.

 

Wonshik laughed awkwardly, "You want me to company you there?" 

 

The boy nodded, still doesn't utter a word.

 

"Ahh... Your home?"

 

Silence.

 

"Ahah... Whatever. S-sure. Let's go."

 

They both walked along the dark yet long alley to the kid's location. It was cold, terribly dark and way too quite. Wonshik felt the hair on his neck stood itself as he company that kid to somewhere. Should he trust this kid? What if this kid guided him to a harmful gang and rob him? Over even worse, kill and left him beside the highway. He shivered on this thoughtful. After a long walk, a dim lights registered in his eyes. Wonshik looked up at the signboard. "1985 Arcade?" He read with a smile. Arcade? He stared at the kid beside him, that boy's eyes glittered with beams. Wonshik sighed in relieved, knowing that he could trust this kid. Soon later he join the kid entering the unknown arcade.

 

The games in this arcade seems so old schooled, most of the graphics looked like as if he was still at the 80's era. So classic, but like he cared anymore. He kind of wished to play these kind of games like Super Mario and such more instead of the latest games that you can see at the every arcades you go at the malls. It's too common and you'll easily get bored with it. Well, the least a good thing playing at this arcade is that it brought him back to his childhood memories where he used to play them with his childhood friends, he laughed as he flashed back the time. 

"Oh you're kind of good at playing this, huh?" Wonshik amazed at the boy beside him as they shoot the birds on a screen.

The boy nodded with a smile, kept shooting those birds professionally.

As they done with that one, they moved over to a Pac Man game set, then afterwards to a Street Fighter game set, and later to a many more machines until both of them felt exhaustively tired.

 

"Hey kid, I think I'd better go back home now. It's pretty late already. You should go home, too" Wonshik suggested. The boy pouted his lips cutely, Wonshik chuckled in return as he pinched his cheeks gently. "I promised that I'll come here again next month, pinky swear?" He reassured the kid, the kid hesitantly agree but soon nodded his head, return a pinky promise with beams. "Where do you live? Let me send you there." He offered, the kid pointed his finger on a spot. A faint 'oh' escaped from Wonshik's lips as he knew that kid lived here. Wonshik smiles warmly at him before he bid his goodbye at the kid and leave the old arcade.

 

He walked past the dark alley rather quickly than before. The temperature is still terrible cold, so abnormal, and he wished to get home really fast so he can get into his bed and rest his sore muscles that he used on playing arcade games earlier. He crossed the road to the next street where he usually used to get to his home. But out of blue, his phone suddenly rang inside his pocket, making him jumped slightly at the small vibration. His feet were still pacing fast accrossing the road but his head hung low while his hands were searching for his phone. He got the phone and tap answer, but when his head lifted, his head met once again with a same bricks wall in front of his face. He fainted once again.

 

- - -

 

"Yah! Yah! Are you okay?" An unclear voice dance into his ears.

 

'Where... where am I?'

 

"Yah! He's okay! His eyes is flickering!" A nearest man voice boomed into his ears once again. 

 

Wonshik met with people surrounding him as his eyes shot open. "Yah! You've fainted for hours! We've been worried about you, son!" A taxi driver said to him in concern. W-what? Did he just fainted all the time? Then what about the kid and the old school arcade? It felt real. As if he actually really went there having fun with that stranger kid hours ago. Is all of the fun earlier was just a dream? No way....

 

One month later, Wonshik came back to his favorite arcade planning to spend himself there for the rest of a day. But unexpectedly, he remembered his dream last month where he dreamt that he played classic arcade games with a boy at the unknown old acrade called 1985 Arcade. It's weird 'cause he actually remember the dream like it was actually happened yesterday, even though it was a month past. The memory was still fresh in his head, he vividly remember everything, even every games they played.

 

He crossed the road and made his way towards the old arcade that once the boy guided him last month, in his dream. Eventually he stood in front of the said store. He scoffed at himself. "Well, it is just a dream." There's no a big signboard hung upper the grill gate written '1985 Arcade' like in his dream. He sighed deeply before he went back to his favorite arcade.

 

'Round 2, FIGHT!'

Wonshik played Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion arcade machine like usual, againsted those bosses and the other challengers in full of charismatic way and relax. He had stayed there about three hours straight. No longer later, he overheard a conversation between the owner and some old fellas, maybe the owner's buddies. 

 

"Yah Sooman, Do you still remember our first arcade back there?"

"What? Oh, that '1985 Arcade'? Yeah I do. Why?"

 

Huh? 1985 Arcade? That sounds quiet familiar. 

 

"Do you still remember the small tradegy happened 29 years ago?" The first guy asked.

The owner hummed, motioned his friend to go on.

"That kid... Is haunting back the place.." 

 

A kid?

 

"You mean that boy? The boy who was trapped when the whole building burnt down to ashes?" The owner asked again.

The other two old men nodded in unison.

 

A... A boy? Doesn't that sounds way too familiar? Wonshik thought.

 

"Did you asked the nearest shaman what does that kid wanted?" 

They both nodded but hesitantly answer them directly, their eyes stared at Wonshik.

"Well, we did. He said that that kid.... that boy hold a promise of someone wearing a black beanie and his hair was white. He said that he was waiting for that guy to meet and play games with him once again like last month.." The second man ended his speechs.

 

Wonshik stopped what he was doing that moment. 

 

Gulped. 

 

Okay.

 

That description.. White hair and wearing a black beanie, it was obviously him.

 

He slowly twisted his head over the owner and his friends at the counter, the three of them glance at him disbelievely in return. 

 

 

Wonshik awkwardly laughed to loosen up the awkward atmosphere, that's the only thing he could do at this kind of situation.

 

 

Haha. Okay. Once for all, he already make sure that everything happened last month.... was not a dream at all. 

 

He already make sure of that one.

 

 

 

 

 




 

[A/N]:- Okay~ I'm back again once again! A midnight update! Hehe. This one wasn't that scary (actually doesn't scary at all LOL) So sorry guys. I'll come back with a better one next time LOL xD 

So here's a picture of Ravi for this story!

Picture credited to the owner!