Sanghyuk's Horror Story

VIXX'S HORROR UNIVERSITY LIFE STORIES.

LIBRARY.

 

 

Sanghyuk will be attend the upcoming final exam another two weeks from now on. His original plan was to study alone at his hostel room that night but unexpectedly by the time he arrived at his shared-room, his roommates' friends had conquered the place, leaving no space. Without any other option, Sanghyuk had to change his plan from study at his hostel room to the other place; to the library.

 

 

 

 

 

He hates library.

 

 

It's not that he hate books. It just the surrounding of the library makes him shiver down to his spines. It have a very low- beam lights on each of the necessary spots such as at the middle of the long dark alley. Well, it's not that kind of 'romantic' lights like what you were imagined. Actually it was more resemble to the 'horror' story where you can see it in every obviously dangerous places. It creeps him so much. Too much. No wonder why people hated library so much. Just how the hell they attract people to come to this such of place when you don't even organized them well?! Sanghyuk yelled in is mind. Oh well, library is the only place where you can get the most quite atmosphere. Plus, it suitable for study. Leaving no other choice, he had to.

 

He directly went to the bookshelves to find his reference books for his study as soon as he stepped into the library. It was uncomfortable, especially when you all alone in a huge place like this. Except for the librarian woman who sat at the counter to kept an eye on the library. He could care less as if he don't even take a glare to the woman even once. It makes him wonder. Just where the hell is everyone go? He knew that people do really hate library that much but it doesn't mean that they weren't even try to present themselves in here at all! Especially on the final exam weeks! Oh how he hates it. Lightly he slapped himself on a cheek, reminding himself to stop saying 'hate' word for so many times.

 

Found the book that he was looking for, he rushed to the table which he chose for his reading spot. He sat alone at the table with the only brightest light source in the library (from what his two eyes judged. Actually all the lights had the same brightness level.) Page by page, he searched for the informations inside the thick red book that he had picked up from the bookshelve.

 

It almost eleventh at the night, one hour before the midnight. Gladly the library did open for twenty-four hours service. Sanghyuk decided to stay for another two hours for his continual research and study. Well, people said not to refuse when someone offered a gold. He nodded agreeing his own thoughtful. As he busying his eyes to focused on the book pages, the lights suddenly went flicked. Sanghyuk slightly lifted his gaze, scanning the entire places in confusion. 'What's happening?' The light went steady seconds later, back to the the normal form. Shrugging his shoulders, he drag his eyes back to the pages. Minutes later, once again the lights goes flicked. Groaned in frustrated, Sanghyuk made his way to the counter to asks the librarian woman is everything is fine but she was no where to be found. 'Weird...' He mumbed. The counter was empty. 'Maybe she went to the bathroom or something....' Sanghyuk then made his way back to his table, only to found an unrecognizable old thick book upon the table.

 

He raised his brows, did he took that book earlier? No, he didn't.

Is someone replaced the red book to that one since that book was also disappeared? Maybe the librarian woman done that.

He had thoughs as his eyes fixed on the book. 'Oh, there's a note.' He lifted the sticky note on the thick book's cover as he tried to read its contents. "'Read me'?" Did this book asked him to read it? He already was. He scoffed silently. What a stupid question.

 

 

"'The Calling of Mary'? The title seems attractive...." Sanghyuk pouted his lips as his hand slide open the cover page to see the contents. "Why so many blank pages?" He swiped one by one pages until he finally had found a short sentences started at the middle of the book.

 

 

"Mary.... Mary...."

 

He slide to another page.

 

 

"Come out wherever you are...."

 

He continually slide to another pages again, only to noticed that if he read it one by one and combined them all it will formed a mini paragraph.

 

 

 

"Mary.... Mary.... Come our wherever you are....

Mary.... Mary.... I don't know who you are...

Mary.... Mary.... Let me see who you are...."

 

 

 

 

He went silence for a while.

 

 

 

"What the heck? Why does this writing skills sound so childish?"

 

Suddenly a flash of lightning shot the earth, had startled Sanghyuk as he jumped from his seat. He stared at the terrible weather outside of the window with boring eyes. "Aish.. It's raining hard.. How am I suppose to get back to my hostel?" He cursed on his breath. "Whatever... I'll wait till the rain stop since the library open for twenty-four hours..." He sighed disappointedly and went back to his table.

 

 

 

Currently it was at one in a morning, the raining was still heavy. Sanghyuk read for almost ten books to prevent his boredom. All he wanted is only to be on his bed and enter to his own night fantasy. He stretched his body before took his steps to the bookshelves to pick another book to read. Eventually by the time he pulled the book off the shelve, an eye was suddenly popped out from the space between books that was came out from the other side. Sanghyuk jolted in surprise that he almost fall on his feet. Quickly he bring his eyes back to the space, only to find nothing. "Just what the hell is that!?" He tried to ignore it and continued traveling his eyes on the bookshelves to pick another interesting books. Once again he met wih the same eye when he pulled out the book from the shelve and had the same reaction as the first one. It continually came for the third time, forth, fifth, sixth and so on until Sanghyuk had enough of it. He threw the books on the floor frustratedly that he had lost his forever patients. "Come out wherever you are!!" He screamed in anger making his own voice echoed the entire hall as a result.

 

A red letters was painted on one of the bookshelf just right in front of him had caught his attention, 'Do you know me.....?' The was that? He tried to shake off the existence of the creepy letters beneath the shelve but whenever he tried to he will always met with another one not further enough."I don't ing know who you are!!" He madly screamed out as if he couldn't handle his feeling anymore. The feels like wanted to throw a bunch of punches toward the troller who done these lame jokes on him, it wasn't funny at all when you tried to study! Furiously he spun his head to 360 degree eyeing the surrounding, searching for the one who play tricks on him. "Show me yourself! Let me see who you are!!!"

 

 

 

 

Wait...

 

 

Slowly, he started to notice something odd with his words. It seems familiar, but where?

He widen his eyes in horror as soon as he remembered the source. It was coming from the old unkown book that he had read hours earlier.

 

The Calling of Mary, that's it.

 

"Don't tell me it was a spell to call out the 'Mary'..."

Shivery, he quickly took out his phone to made a call on his roommate to come and pick him up, as long as he could get the hell out from this place. Yah Baekhyun! "Come and pick me up at the library ASAP!" He tried to stay calm as he could but it was ruined with his heavy hoarse breath. He became extremely panicked when there's only a rough breathe noise could be heard on the other side of the phone.

"Baekhyun...? Are you there...?"

 

 

". . . . . . . ."

 

 

". . . . . . . . . . . "

 

 

 

 

"D o  y o u  w a n t  t o  s e e  m e . . . . . . . ?"

 

 

Sanghyuk dropped his phone by the time he heard a faintly girl voice on the line, knowing that voice wasn't belong to his roommate.

Is that..... the 'Mary'?

No, he don't want to know any details. This is so ing messed up! Immediately he ran off to the entrance gate, leaving all of his belonging on the table where he left them and wont turn back. "Oh crap! I forgot my things!" before he could get any closer to the entrance back, he saw a white girl was standing just right at the middle of the entrance gate. Simply standing there as straight as ruller, not even bulge to move a single muscle. It gave him goosebumps. She was...

 

Pretty...

 

"I'm here.. . . ."  The white girl said with weak smile painted on her face.

 

He somehow felt relieved, but it ended up quickly as soon as he realized the girl had no single foot on the ground.

 

Well, it wasn't like her legs was floating in the air. What he meant was she doesn't have any feet at all. Like her feet had been chopped and it bleeding so much that it had pooled the floor with her bloods. Screwed his belonging! He ran to his hostel room terrifiedly wishing the legless girl wont following him along at the back. Oh how could he ended up met with her when his original plan is just to study for his final exams at the library!? It questioned him so much on where the librarian women went when he needed her help? He knocked roughly on his shared-room door hoping his roommates would bulge from their heavy sleep to open up the door for him. Lucky enough, his roommate Baekhyun cracked the door open with his sleepy eyes. "What's wro..."; "I CALLED YOU TO COME AND PICK ME UP BUT THEN THERE'S A GIRL VOICE ANSWERING MY CALL NOT YOU AND OH MY GOD SHE HAD NO LEGS AND HER VOICE WAS SO CREEPY!!!" Sanghyuk yelled with his teary eyes explaining what happened to him all of the night when he was at the library. He told him everything he had experienced, psychically sobbing messily. 

 

After calmed down the broken Sanghyuk, his roommate Baekhyun saids that the library was actually on decoration and it had been closed for almost a week. No one went there and the lights surround the library area and the library itself were shut down, leaving the entire place into darkness. Baekhyun confusely asked Sanghyuk just how did he passed by the entrance gate when it was actually had been locked and tapped off to prevent people to get inside the library, only to received a disbelief reaction of Sanghyuk.

 

"You have got to be kidding me..."

 

It wasn't dark when he was there..

It wasn't locked and tapped off when he entered there..

But the most important is..

So whose the librarian woman if there's nobody inside the library except for himself?

 

 

 

Ever since that day, everytime Sanghyuk walked to that area, day nor night, he always met with the girl called Mary at the rooftop of the library, staring at him with her usual weak smile on her face. To be exact, only him can see her present.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You said that you wanted to see me. . I'll let you see me everyday. . ."

 

 

 

 




 

 

[A/N]:- WOW... ABSOLUTELY THE LONGEST ONESHOT CHAPTER FOR THIS STORY... =__=;

Personally, I HATE LIBRARY. =3= 

BTW, HAPPY DECEMBER! :D

Picture credited to the owner.