Hakyeon's Story

VIXX'S HORROR UNIVERSITY LIFE STORIES.


 

 

► Emergency Room.

 

 

He sat on a long bench as his face rest on his palms, praying that his grandmother would surpass her critical health status. 

The needle of the hospital's wall watch shown 2PM; it almost reach two hours he wait at the outside without anyone's company.

The tears had dried and no longer come out from his eyes, though he want to pour up more to the unlucky tile. He just couldn't bare it anymore.

'Clack! Bam!'

He startled for a bit at a sudden noises registered.

"Mr. Hakyeon?"

He shot up from his seat quite suddenly as he heard the doctor's voice. 

"I-is my grandma alright...?" 

"......"

 


- - - 

 


"Grandma, I bought you flowers~" Hakyeon bounce into his grandma's ward childishly, she only giggle weakly at his grandson's act. 

"Thank you hun, that so sweet of you. Here sit beside me." The old woman patted a free space on a hospital bed beside him calling for her grandson to sit closer. Without complain Hakyeon came just like what the old woman wanted.

"Are you okay grandma? I'm so worried that you sick!" Pouted the younger man. The old woman just nodded weakly before she goes "Old people is always get sick and now it's my turn." Hakyeon doesn't like it when his grandmother brought that topic so he tried to argue back.

"Grandma!-"

"Mama! Stop saying that! You'll be fine! Sorry I'm late, my boss won't let me go until I finish with those pile of paperwork."

"Mom! Dad!" Hakyeon called his fellow parent as those two get into a frame.

"Hakyeon-ah, did you get yourself absent to class?" His dad asked.

"It's a last class before a public holiday so why not-"

"Cha Hakyeon."

The tanned man nodded, doesn't know where to land his eyes on. His dad was a strict man, and it still is.

The older man sighed. "Don't do it next time. You'll get yourself a bad pointer." Hakyeon nodded again.

 


- - - - -

 


"Hun, is it okay that you stay with grandma? It's okay you can go home now. I am fine with myself."

"No grandma, I wanna be with you until you officially get off from the hospital." Argued the young man. He settle himself on a guest bed, lied himself into his grandma direction so he can still watch over her before he drift himself to sleep.

"Goodnight grandma."

The old woman hummed faintly in return.

 


- - - - -

 


"Where's the damn restroom. I wanna get pissed so much." Hissed the tanned man as he walked on a dimmed light alley of the hospital with his one eye close, still unaware himself from his past good sleep. He rubbed his eyes so he could see things better and also shook himself from a heavy sleepy head, oh now he could see everything!

After get himself to the restroom and after he emptied his tank, Hakyeon felt hungry. So he decided to go to the vending machine that sells snacks and drinks at the outside of a patient room section.

"Good evening sir." One of a receptionist, well, the only available one, greets him as she see him walking past through.

"Oh yeah, hi." He raised his hand.

He came back to the patient room section and back to the receptionist he met moment ago with quivery eyes as he saw there's none of a self-service machine to be seen out there.

"Excuse me. Where can I get the self-service food machines around here? You know, my tummy is growling pretty loud right now."

The receptionist girl blinks her eyes as if she copy every information to his eyes.

"We've placed every food machines at a cafeteria so you might have to take a walk there." She showed the direction with her thumb just like the receptionist would do.

Hakyeon take a glance at a direction she point at, and back to the woman. "Down there?"  The young woman nodded.

He swallowed his saliva in nervous. . He's scared of dark. There's no way he's going there alone!

"Can you please company me to there?"

"Well I wish I could but I have my responsibility to keep an eye to these patients."

The tanned man's face goes pale as sheet.

"Umm, just wait for a bit. I'll find something helpful and handy." She disappeared from his sight and came back with two small items in her grips later.

"Here take this. This might help you out."

Hakyeon took a glance over those items. A flashlight and a walkie-talkie.

"Just walk out there and follow those directions on every signboards up neath and I'm sure you'll get there safe and sound. If something bad happen or anything just click on this and inform me, everything clear?" She ended with a smile. Hakyeon then smile back at her before disappear himself to a dark building.

"Please don't, please don't. Please don't, please don't, please don't-" A same words the tanned man kept muttering repeatedly as his feet unwillingly climb down the stairs to ground floor. It wasn't dark and there's still lights illuminate the alley, gladly, but Hakyeon was too chicken that he jumped every time he heard a screeching noise that produced from his own footwear. Funny. But not even himself could laugh at it because he was scared.

"Ah there you are!" He ran toward a big box beaming the entire dark large room that filled with snacks and drinks he search so much. He ate pack of snacks and drank two cans of juice, he gulped in full. He decided to went back to the upstairs to his sleep and sound grandmother. On his way to the upstairs, a middle age woman was stood in a middle of a way that made Hakyeon stopped his steps. He stared at the woman in question, in tenses, but did he respectably bow her before he walked past through the woman with a quick pace.

When he came back to the ward where his grandmother stayed at, there was no single light was on that time. His heart paused for a while. "Where's the light go? Why this place went dark suddenly?"

He took small steps as he get into the large room with his heart beating so fast that he wonder if his heart could popped out through his chest or wasn't. And he really wish he could laugh at his stupid thoughtful that moment but of course, he forgot every humorous side of his entirely.

"Grandma....?"

He slid the curtain of his grandmother's ward cautiously. He sighed in relieve. She was still there snoring safe and sound. "Thank god you're alright.."

Hakyeon went out to search for an electric box along with a receptionist nurse he had a conversation back then. Oh where the hell are they? Should he search for the electric box first or should he seek for the receptionist nurse first? He had no clue.

He was about to go to the reception desk and there was a white light flash through the darkness. He went closer and closer and found a woman with white nurse uniform in terror face. He steps further back in a speed of light as he sense the woman before him raised a heavy box aiming for his head. But then she placed it down with a loud sigh of relieved.

"Oh my goodness, you scares me! I thought there were an infected patients escaped trying to attack me!" She ran and hugged Hakyeon. He blinked his eyes in clueless, pushing the young woman gently off his body.

"Wait wait.. What did you just said?" Hakyeon asked as the words didn't clearly register to his ears.

The receptionist let go of him and went 'oh' silently. "I guess I slipped that out accidentally."

Hakyeon grip both of her shoulder to secure the woman from slipping away of him, he asked one more time.

"What 'infected' patients? Are you trying to hide something from me? To these other patients?" He asked in a strict tone.

She shook her head in denied. Hakyeon shakes her roughly in one motion and asked the same question again. "Tell me!"

The woman released a shaky breath before she started, "Last week-"

Growling....

"What the hell was that?" Both of them jumped to the new sound. The sound was coming from an open wide entrance of the hall. The sound was getting louder as the growling sound was getting clearer.

"I'm asking you what the hell was that!?" He yelled in panicked.

"I don't know! My job is only sit behind those reception counter and keep an eye to this hall, not take a guess on an unnecessary quiz of yours!" Barked the woman in returned.

Hakyeon accidentally flashed his flashlight to the entrance direction, and there's a previous woman stood right before the entrance stiffly. Her eyes are red and was foaming white.

"AHHHH!!" Both of them screamed in terror. In a blink of their eyes, the woman was collapsed on a floor.

"W-what happened to her?" Hakyeon mumbled weakly. Invincibly shivers as he spoked.

"I- I don't know..." She exclaimed as weak as the tanned man was.

"Check her up!" He pushed the receptionist a bit further.

"Why me!?" She hissed and steps back to her original position.

"You're a nurse, that's your job!" He countered back.

"The doctors of those section informed that if the patients from that area were escaped, don't come close or you as well get infected. You wanna get infected? 'Cause I'm not. Plus, I'm a receptionist." She babbling in a freak out tone.

Hakyeon took a deep breath. "C-come on, let's block the entrance."

The woman nodded and ran to the door switch to close the entrance. But soon gets panicked.

"What do we do!?"

"Do what!?"

The woman stared at him with wide eyes. "There's no access to close the entrance!"

"!" He cussed in frustrated.

"What do we do!?!?"

"Stop asking the same damn question! Help me find a large and heavy things to block the way in!" She nodded and proceed with his command. They both found the nearest cabinets and an empty patient bed as a blocking items from those harmful 'people' out there. They panting hard as they sat on a floor satisfying by their small hard work.

"I guess they won't come in this way around." She nodded at the tanned man statement. But later..

'BBAM!'

"WARGGGHH!" They again shouted in shocked. They soon let go of each other as soon as they realized that they we're embracing one another with no air could possibly slip in through.

"Y-yah, stop being a scaredy cat!"

"I was just startled. You're the one who scared the most!"

"But I am suppose to be the scaredy one. You're a man you aren't suppose to show your weak side that clearly!"

"Men can have a weak heart too, ma'am!"

'BBAMM!!'

"WARGHH!" They shouted and embraced each other again, only this time they wouldn't budge to point that out anymore.

"W-what are they!?" He yelled with round eyes.

"Just imagined them as zombies in a movie if that makes you clear!" She yelled back.

"Wait, I heard growling sound.."

Growling.......

"Where does that come from...?" They slowly scanned their surrounding, both bodies still attached to each other.

"Are they came from under the b-bed?" Stuttered the woman in white uniform.

The two looked at each other one more time before lower their body to take a peak under the said bed.

............

 

................................

 

..............

 

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!-"

 

 

 

[ To Be Continued...... ]