Chapter 24.2

Loosen Up

~Jongkey~

Immediately after school had ended, Key started straight for the school’s garden – If he could find it. He was too caught up in the moment to even bother asking where it was when he had the chance to in the nurse’s office. This was the first for him even hearing the school had a garden. Wasn’t this a talents school? What kind of talents school has a garden?

If I was a garden, where would I be? Key wondered.

Key draped his head down, laughing pathetically at himself. What was the point of even asking that question? He wandered aimlessly for a while around the school, but luck struck when he found a path that eventually led to a cute, little garden of flowers. They were all sheltered under a small greenhouse for protection.

Key waited for Jonghyun to come while observing the delicate petals of a daisy. They looked soft and smooth. Key couldn’t resist the temptation to touch it. He grabbed one of the petals, it softly with his thumb. It unexpectedly had a waxy texture to it. He rubbed it some more to see if he could get rid of the waxy feel, but he ended up ripping it off on accident.

“Craaap…!” He panicked. He quickly buried it beneath the dirt, next to the daisy he had just violated. “Sorry…”

Roses soon caught his eyes and he moved towards them. They were quite a big size and with their size, also came their huge thorns. Key stared, astounded at how large they were. Again, the temptation was too much. His finger reached out to poke it, but just as he was about to, a voice startled him.

“The flowers are beautiful, aren’t they?” Jonghyun remarked.

Key jumped from being startled. “Gahhh!” His hand jolted up and the sharp thorn sliced through the flesh of his finger. “Ahh… That hurt.” He grimaced quietly.

“Oi, let me see your hand,” Jonghyun demanded. He grabbed Key’s wrist to get a good glance at it. “It seems pretty deep,” He looked up. At the same time, Key looked up too. Out of nowhere, Jonghyun smiled and subtly laughed. “I guess it’s my fault this time that you got hurt. Shall we visit the nurse’s office again for a band-aid?”

The way the sun reflected in his eyes and how he smiled at him was mesmerizing. His hands were soft, like how the flower petals looked, though there was a manly grip to it.

His smile dropped. “You spacin’ out again?”

Key gulped. “S-sorry. It’s just that… You have… Nice eyes…”

The smile was back on his face. Yet again, the young teenage boy was in a trance. Whatever happy expression was on that handsome face, Key would melt inside. At first he fell for his looks, but after some ‘observing’ he fell for the rest of him. Small features like his laugh or the way he walked were enough to make him blush. Somehow, he was even lucky enough to talk to him today and see him shirtless.

“Hey, stop standing there doing nothin’. Let’s go.”

Jonghyun dragged Key along with him, but Key caught up with the pace after a minute. His wrist was still in the hand of his crush, he didn’t know if he should say something about it or let it be. Idiotically, he commented on it without thinking.

“Y-you don’t have to hold my wrist. It’s just a cut.” Key spoke shyly.

“What if you crash into the wall or trip over a chair if I let go of your wrist? I’d have to take responsibility for your clumsy little self, y’know?”

“I-I’m not that clumsy,” Key defended. Amazingly, right at the moment, he managed to misstep and trip over his feet, again. And Right when he was saying he wasn’t a klutz too. He looked like some sort of dancing clown as he tried to catch his balance and avoid falling over. Jonghyun was cracking up at how perfect the timing was.

“Suuuuuure.” Jonghyun sarcastically agreed.

“Hey, I may be a bit unsteady on my feet, but I’ll have you know that I’m an amazing ice-skater!” Boasted Key.

Jonghyun laughed.

“What’s so funny?” Key pouted.

“I won’t believe that until I see it.” Jonghyun said.

Key frowned.

They reached the school office and requested for a band-aid. The office lady sent them to the nurse’s office where they were given disinfectant and a band-aid to take care of the cut on Key’s finger. When the disinfectant touched the cut, Key winced a little from the burning pain.

“Here, hold out your finger. I’ll put it on for you.” Jonghyun offered. Unpeeling the wrapping, Jonghyun carefully wrapped it around the skinny, white finger of his schoolmate.

“I’ll show you...” Key said out of the blue.

Jonghyun looked at him, confused. “Huh?”

“I’ll show you I’m not all clumsy. Let’s go ice-skating.”

“Ice-skating?”

“Yeah, whenever you’re free. You won’t believe that I can, right?”

“I guess, you sure ‘bout it? What about that arm of yours?”

Key smiled. “It’s fine. It feels like it never even happened.”

 

First Jongkey 'date' secured!! They're going ice-skating, woohoo! I'm sorry for not upating for two week, I've been busy with a lot of things - surprisingly - and I wasn't really in the mood to write. Anyone ever get that mood where you just don't feel like it, but at the same time, you wanna write the story at the same time? I don't know, I'm weird. Anyways, thank you~