Chapter 14

Loosen Up

~Hyukjae~

I heard voices. I couldn’t differentiate whether it was my own conscience or just hallucinations.  I must have been thinking pretty loudly if it was my own voice in my head. Then again, I didn’t remember having three different voices, unless I was going crazy which I was starting to consider as a serious possibility. My curiosity wanted to find out where the voices where coming from. Judging by the tones, it sounded like a conversation. Their voices were familiar, but I couldn’t find the right names to match them. Little by little, I was able to make out the words, though I still couldn’t comprehend them. The height of my awareness rose as I realized I might not have been alone.

I felt my head turn. The rest of my body, however, was paralyzed. My senses where coming back to me gradually. As I slowly awaken, a sharp pain came from my head. I unconsciously bit my tongue and heard myself groan. My body was numb and exhausted. I tried to fist the sheets, hoping it would stop hurting. My hands barely moved so I only managed to twitch a few of my fingers until they closed into balls.

Someone began to lightly my face. It was soothing and reassuring.

Carefully, I pried open my eyes. The light that shot in my vision was painful. I was blinded by white for a second and then the natural colors of the world became clear to me.

“Good evening, Mr. Sleeping Monkey.” Donghae greeted me.

“Donghae?” I said. My voice was hoarse, very hoarse and dry. I couldn’t even recognize that it was my voice.

“Oh, is Prince Idiot awake?” Heechul scoffs in the background.

“Heechul hyung? You’re here too?” I croaked out.

“Of course. Your Appa sends me here to check on you every day.”

“E-Every day?” I was confused.

“Hyukjae,” Donghae said. “You’ve been asleep for 3 days.”

“3 days…” I mumbled, processing the information. My eyes became wide and I wanted to scream, but I was forced to do it in my head since I had not yet gained all of my energy back to express it. I lifted a hand and Donghae reached over and held it. An inexplicable guilt swallowed my heart. “3 days…” I repeated.

“Yeah, well, 3 days and a half. It’s Thursday today. You passed out on Monday. How do you feel?” Donghae continued.

“Hungry.” I said.

“Makes sense.” Donghae laughed.

“I’ll call a nurse to bring you some food to eat, you two stay right here until I get back, ‘kay?” Heechul said.

We both nodded, or at least Donghae did, and Heechul strutted out of the room.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered weakly.

Donghae looked at me with a little shock. He was still holding my hand which I stubbornly refused to let go. “No,” he said. “It’s fine. Just rest a little more.”

I gave him a soft smile. “I slept for 3 days. I think resting is the last thing I need.”

My voice was starting to return to me. I wanted to talk more. It was the only way I wouldn’t fall asleep again. I was still terribly tired despite what I was saying. As much as I wanted to rest, I wanted to should some sort of resilience and strength in front of Donghae.

“Can you help me up?” I asked. He nodded and found the remote for the bed. The bed then started moving me into a sitting position and I used whatever ounce of strength I had to adjust myself more comfortably. I let out a sigh, a little short of breath from just a simple task.

“I was just wondering,” Donghae said, moving his chair. “Can I have my hand back?”

I chuckled. “No you may not.” I looked at our linked hands and squeezed to just see that I could. I let out another sigh and noticed his backpack resting beside him.

“You brought your backpack here?” I indicated.

“I came here straight from school to see if you’d wake up. Looks like I chose the right day. Now we can work on our script together.”

“Ah, you’ve been waiting for me all this time. Was it hard? Not being able to see my handsome face for 3 days and a half?” I . Instead of glaring at me he stared with great concertation like he was trying to look through me. Then he smiled.

“Unconscious for 3 days and a half and you’re still the same Hyukjae.” He seemed somewhat relieved and disappointed.

“Of course I’d be the same. Everyone would be trouble to lose such a handsome prince like me.”

He scoffed. “Yeah right, troubled my . School was like paradise without you. I get to hang out with my girlfriend finally without you having to be there constantly around us.”

“You guys are so boring together though. I’m just trying to make the atmosphere more exciting.” I said.

The mood took a drastic turn.

Excuse me? You know nothing about our relationship.” Donghae said, offended.

“Well of course I don’t, but you guys are so boring it’d be a waste to even pay attention to your guys’ romance.” I backlashed.

“Are you stupid? Do you not understand privacy?”

“I don’t see what should be kept private about this failure of a relationship.”

“You know what? This is none of your business. We would get more intimate together if you weren’t always there, breathing on the back of our necks. You keep touching her and it’s seriously annoying.” Every sentence Donghae spoke, he was getting more agitated. He spoke his heart out, while I was merely joking. But I found some enjoyment in it and didn’t want to stop just yet.

“Intimate? I bet you guys would do nothing more than just hold hands and link arms like little elementary schoolers when you guys are alone.” I retorted. “Answer me honestly, are you guys ever going to go all the way?”

“What? Why are you asking?”

“Just answer me. I can obviously tell you’re a since you hold back so much. But is she still a ? Someone as beautiful as her couldn’t possibly be cheating could she?” I got closer to his face.

“That’s none of your business!” Donghae was starting to get nervous. I didn’t see why he should be, it was just a simple question.

“I bet Jessica isn’t a .”

“How dare you! She would never do such a thing!”

“Really, Donghae? Would she really? How much do you really know about her? No one is ever pure. People always have their own dirty little secrets…”

“Are you saying my girlfriend is dirty!?”

“Not at all… What I’m saying is that maybe you should step your game up before she gets stolen away…” My face once again got closer to his face.

“Stolen?” His body tensed up.

“Stolen. Gone. Taken away from your grasp. And can you guess by whom?” Our faces were just a few centimeters away. Donghae gulped and stayed silent, shaking in rage. He didn’t dare say who he thought.

I pulled my face away, laughing. “I’m kidding, she loves you like hell. She’d never leave you for someone else. She’s too good. It was just a joke, no need to act so serious.” I reassured him.

“What the hell, Hyukjae? That’s not funny!” Donghae said, pissed.

“Shhhhhh, you’re too loud.” I quieted him. “I just wanted to see how you would react, it was just for fun. My acting was good, wasn’t it?”

“There’s something wrong with you…” Donghae grumbled. He wasn’t too happy with me.

I still kept my smile though. “Hey, loosen up a bit. You frown like someone just broke your favorite toy. Look on the bright side. I won’t bother you and her anymore.”

Donghae relaxed just a bit, but he didn’t look fully convince of my assurance. I sighed, and told him I wasn’t joking this time. He still doubted me though.

“Let’s just begin writing the scripts.” Donghae muttered.

I rolled my eyes, but did as he said. We grabbed out all the materials we needed from his backpack and began to work, finally after so long.

“Who’s going to be the cheater and the cheated?” Donghae asked.

“I’ll be the cheater.” I said without hesitation.

“Why?”

The side of my mouth curled upward. “Because I like to be unfaithful and cause distress in people’s heart, especially to those who love me and then grovel in forgiveness afterwards.”

“That’s sick.”

“Yet so tragically real.” I clenched my heart for dramatic effect. “Can I also be dominant?”

Donghae furrowed his brows. “What’s dominant?”

“You know when two guys have and one of them –”

Okay! – I don’t need to hear anything more than that.” Donghae quickly interrupted, covering his ears. He looked so innocent, I snickered.

“Yeah, so, I’ll be the cheater.”

“But why do I have to be the one to get my heart broken? And what’s with this dominating thing?” Donghae complained.

“I don’t know, because I don’t want to be the one to get cheated on?”

“But I don’t want to be the ‘less’ dominant one, or whatever you call it – Wait, does that make me submissive? Oh, hell no.”

“Well, someone has to. We’re both guys here.”

“I bet you’d love it in the .” Donghae said.

“True…” I agreed.

“WHAT?” He cried out, surprised.

“Well, it’s not like you have any experience with , so I’d probably be better as the dominant one.”

“Y-You mean, you’re not a ?”

“Did I ever say I was?”

“Are we seriously going to get into this discussion?”

“Yes, yes we are.”

“Did you also just mention ?”

“Yes, yes I did.”

He exhaled, defeated. “Fine, you can be the cheater or dominant or whatever. I don’t care anymore, let’s just get the role picking over with and start on the content and writing.”

I smiled victoriously at my success. A knock was made at the door.

“Come in.” I said as I wrote a few ideas for our script on a piece of paper. It was Heechul, and he came in with a tray full of food. My mouth instantly watered to get something into my stomach.

“I’ve got good news and bad news.” Heechul said. “Good news is that you’ll be discharged from the hospital today.”

“What’s the bad news?” I asked.

“This.” Heechul grabbed a newspaper that was tucked under his armpit. I unfolded it to look at the front cover. I read it cautiously. The article title was: “Heir of Sapphire Entertainment passes out due to being overworked! Are SE workers just over worked slaves?”

I threw the paper at the foot of me bed. “Tsk, the media and its stupid gossip.” I said, vexed.

“Hyukjae.” Heechul said urgently. “We need to talk.”

I looked at Donghae, who looked confused, and then I looked at Heechul, he had a menacing aura. I exhaled deeply and I shifted my eyes towards Donghae once more.

“Donghae, can you leave for a second?”

He nodded and let go of my hand he had been holding the entire time.

 

Yay! Hyukjae is okay! All he needed was some sleep :) He's returned to the same old, teasing Hyukjae. The scripts have now been started between these two little idiots and the final product is soon to come! Thank you~