Chapter 8

My Life

Sorry for the mistakes~~

 

“Y-You What??!!” I stayed there in completely shock looking at her. Eyes widened and jaw dropped, I couldn't even breathe * T-The-They are a c-co-Couple?! So that's why she said that Hyuna was making everything difficult? But they kissed yesterday and… Charlotte was there OMG they’re a secret couple!!*

“But please don’t tell anyone!! It will be a chaos if people find about our relationship!!” She quickly said. I continued looking at her, trying to get back to my senses. “YAH! Promise me you won’t tell!!” She grabbed my shoulders and start shaking me.

“I-I…” She sighed.

“You know what?” She said, releasing the grip on my shirt and I looked at her. “I can’t do this anymore…”Out of nowhere I grin grew on her lips and she continued.”HAHA OMO I CAN'T…CAN'T BELEIVE YOU FELL FOR THAT ONE!" She started laughing her off. “OMO ...YOU!!... LOOK INTO THE MIRROR!! OMO YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR FACE! OMO CAN'T BREATH!! “She continued laughing hard while I looked at her blankly. I didn't have any reaction I was totally in shock by her little prank. After a few seconds I finally got back to my senses and put on a poker face. I didn't know why but, for some reason, I felt kind of relieved when she told it was just a joke. "I guess you really dreamed about him!" she said while trying to recover her breath, a smirk creeping on her lips.

"I did not!!” I protested. “I was just in shock because Kai was making out with Hyuna yesterday and you didn't do anything!" I commented and she gave me a face look.

"Hm... Good point! Okay, you're safe... for now!" I rolled my eyes at her persistence.

“Why do I have to dream about a guy to be happy?!” I said the coldest possible.

“Because I want to” She smiled widely at me and I rolled my eyes once again. We both started walking towards our next class as the school bell rang. "Still in good mood? Because we're about to have History!"

"Nothing is going to ruin it! Not even your little prank!" I said cockily.

"Hahaha, it was a good one thought!” She said proudly, whipping an invisible tear as she remembered my face once again. The class went fast since me and Charlotte didn't pay any attention. As soon as the bell rang both of us left the building.

"FINALLY WEEKEND!" Charlotte shouted while throwing her bag to the ground and jumping around. My eyes widened and I stared at her with a weird face.

"Wow...” I said ironically. “So now you're in a good mood! Where was it back then?! “I complained, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Waiting for the weekend!" She replied, like if it was the obvious thing ever. "So... Do you have something to do this Friday?! Maybe go out with someone?" She wriggled her eyebrows and I gave her a poker face, rolling my eyes right after. “Maybe some hot guys!” She proceeded and I sighed. “Okay, I’ll stop.” She giggled when I didn’t answer her. “Anyways… Any plans?”

"No… Not really, why? Did you plan something?!" I asked a little bit curious.

"For you?! Nothing! Why would I want to spend the night with you?" With those words my mood was gone. "JOKING!! Geez you’re so easy to trick!" She continued amused.

"Yah! That wasn't funny!!” I gave her a cold stare. “So... what are we going to do?"

"Well... I heard about a show in the downtown, we could buy some ice creams, take some selcas and then watch the show... What do you think?"

"Sounds good to me" I smiled. "I just need to tell Kris so that he doesn't get worried about me. Where and what time are we going to meet? "

"Well At 9:30PM... Here?"

"Fine by-“

"Yah! My Cheekies shouldn't be out alone at night!" *OMG* My eyes widened. * It's that U-kwon?! OMG he just not called me that here! * I mentally face palmed.

"Excuse me? Y-Yo-Your Cheekies?!" Charlotte asked while looking and pointing at me.

"I'm..."

"Yeah! That's my Cheekies, I missed you!" He interrupted me while putting his arm over my shoulders and hugging me, Charlotte burst into laugh.

"Like I said! Made sure she's not alone at night!" He demanded sternly, making Charlotte stop laughing and just nod at him. He then gave her a toothy smile. "I've to go now Cheekies! Do you need a ride home?" He offered. I was about to refuse but I looked at Charlotte and she gave a look of 'WHAT IS GOING ON?! You've to tell me everything!!' so I decided to run away from her and just go with U-kwon.

"Yeah sure! Let's go! “I answered.

"Wait! Violet we still have to talk remember...."

"I'll see you later!!" I shouted while grabbing U-kwon's arm, pulling him with me.

"If your meeting with her tonight, you’ve to talk to her... so why running?" He chuckled.

"Oh... It's nothing big...but maybe she'll forget about it..." I hoped.

 

Kai POV:

 

I was walking towards my car when I saw Charlotte with that other girl. I rolled my eyes and didn't care much but suddenly a guy got closer to both of them and I raised my eyebrow, slightly getting annoyed at the not familiar but also strangely familiar face. * What is he doing?! * A few seconds later Violet and him left together. I quickly ran towards Charlotte.

"Hey there!"

"Oh! Hey Kai! Are you feeling better or still mood-"

"Who is that guy?!" I got straight to my question and Charlotte looked at me weirdly.

"I don't know... I just know he calls Violet 'Cheekies', isn't cute?"

"No... Probably she reminds him of some cheeks... that's a gross nickname!" She stared at me with a serious face. "Just saying... "I continued.” So... where are they going?"

"He's taking her home! Aish why so many questions?! Do you like her that much?!" She smirked.

"What?! Hah your jokes are getting better and better...” I said with a sigh. “Did you saw Hyuna?" I changed topic.

"No, neither want to…” She gave me a disgusting face. “But I think she left already.” I smiled in relief.

"Good! I need to take another girl with me! I can’t stand Hyuna anymore! That girl makes me crazy! And not the y crazy! "

“What a girlfriend you choose huh?” She mocked.

“YAH! We’re not dating! “I narrow my eyes.

“Well she tells everyone you are!” I rolled my eyes.

“Then I cheated on her with almost the entire school!” He chuckled. “Females only!!” I quickly added. “Just don’t take her serious!”

“Do you even know how many girl feelings you’ve hurt?” She raised an eyebrow.

“A lot! I hope “I smiled widely.

"Aish... Why don't you just get a hooker?! And stop playing around with all these girls?! "

"Because I have to pay for hookers! However these ones here are free darling!" She gave me a disgusting look. "Hey don't blame me! I have my needs! "

"I'm sure you have more important needs!" She gave me a stare.

"Whatever...” I rolled my eyes and turning my head to the side, something caught my attention.  “Hey Sulli! Do you want to come with me?" I gave her my famous smirk and y wink.

"Yeah!!” She ran towards me. *This never fails… Am I that irresistible?!*  

“You’re so cocky! “ Charlotte commented, knowing exactly what I was thinking.

“So…Where are we going this time?" Sulli said, grabbing my arm.

"To my house babe, unless you want to do it in a public space..." I saw the disgusting face Charlotte was doing and prevented myself from chuckling.

"Let's go home then!!" I put my arm around her neck and started walking away with Sulli.

"See you Charlotte!" I shouted and left with the girl. No… that would be impossible when having Charlotte right there.

“YAH! KIM JONGIN! “I heard Charlotte shouting and couldn’t help but grin.

“HURRY UP!!!” I shouted back and suddenly felt a tug on my shirt.

“Yah! What’s going on?” Sulli asked, slightly annoyed.

“She’s coming with me!” I simply said as we reached my car.

“Why is she’s coming anyways?! What the hell Kai!?” She complained while entering my car. I left a deep chuckled.

“Get out.” I said coldly.

“W-What?!” She asked shocked.

“GET.THE..OUT!” I demanded and Charlotte finally arrived at the spot.

“Kai it’s Okay, I was ju-“

“You forgot your bag…” I said, not even glancing at Charlotte as I was focused on Sulli, who was supposed to be leaving.

“Damn it!” I heard Charlotte curse and she got back to get her bag that was still on the ground. Sulli kept looking at me with wide eyes as I kept glaring at her.

“Are you for real?” She asked still surprised.

“Does it looks like I’m playing?!” I clenched my fist, starting to get annoyed.

“K-Kai…” Charlotte said panting hard from running. “It’s ok!! I can-“

 “Shut up!” I interrupted her. “And you?! OUT!” Sulli finally left the car, confused, and started heading towards the other way, mumbling some words. I turned around and quickly gasp at the sing of the fuming Charlotte in front of me.

“Did.you.told.me.to.shut.up?!” She said darkly and reached for her bag, walking closer to me.

“No!!Wait!! I didn’t mean it!! I’m sorry! I was just getting mad an-“She cut me off by hitting with her book on my head. I yelped in pain and pouted, rubbing the place she hit. She only chuckled and got inside the car, I entered the car as well. “You’re so mean” I said with a pout and started the engine. “History book?” I continued and she nodded proudly.

“The heaviest one~” She said cutely, giggling right after. I only sighed and drove towards her house.

 

Your POV:

 

The ride was calm, but I still felt awkward, just because I couldn't stop smiling. * Oh god! He must think I'm so creepy!!*

"So... How was your day?" He suddenly talked.

"G-Good, its weekend now so it’s even better!" I smiled, he then chuckled.

"You're always smiling...” He commented.

“Oh…” My smile disappeared and I lowered my head, playing around with my fingers. Now the atmosphere was even more awkward. In a blink of eyes I noticed we were already in front of my house. I left the car whispering a simple thank you and entered home. Getting inside, I saw Kris sat on the couch laughing his off while watching TV.

"Hey..."

"Oh! Hey Violet! Come here and watch this with me! It's a comedy show... I’m crying from laughter!" He patted the space next to him.

"Ahm… Thank you but… actually I have to get ready..."

"Ready...? Ready for what?"

"W-Well Charlotte invited me to see a show at the downtown... so... I just... "I don’t even know why I was stuttering. Maybe because was a little intimidating?

"Ah! It's Okay… Go ahead! "He said and kept on watching TV. I then went upstairs took a bath and, after choosing some nice clothes, I got my hair done and headed towards kitchen. By that time, Kris was already waiting for me at the table. As I take my seat we both started eating.

"So... Did you find Kai?" I tried to make a talk.

"No... He must have spent the day with some random girl or something..."

"I saw him at school... He was with Charlotte you know, my friend..."

"Hm... Okay..." The atmosphere got weird and we both just ate silently. * Aish Why's everything against my good mood! * I then looked at the clock, 9:05* I quickly stood up.

"Well... I'm going... Have a good night! I'll not arrive home late! "I smiled.

"I don't want to sound rude but you know... It's your life... You can do whatever you want to without having to explain it!" By the sound of his voice I could see he was annoyed.

"Oh…Okay then… I'm out... Sorry" I reached for my bag and left the house heading towards the bus stop. * What’s his problem?...* I grabbed my headphones and started listening some music while waiting for Charlotte. * It's 21:30, where is she?!* I was starting to get worried and also a little scared. * This school doesn't look good neither at day nor at night! Come on Charlotte! Hurry up!!* A few minutes later I saw a figure running towards me.

"OMO Sorry!! I lost the bus!" She shouted.

"It's Okay." I said while getting close to her. "So... let's go!" I started walking.

"And where do you think we're going?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Hm...to... the... downtown...?" I said confused.

"Yes... and do you know the way there?"

"Yeah... No..." I sighed.

"That's what I thought! Follow me dear friend! It's going to be a long trip"

"Can't we catch the bus...?" I complained and pouted slightly.

"Yeah... No...We missed it...." I glared at her.

"Aish, that's all your fault!" I complained.

"Yeah yeah... Let's go!" We both started walking, now in the right way.

"So... When does the show starts?"

"I think it's at 22:30, 95% sure"

"And.... Walking there takes...?"

"Thirty minutes" She simply replied.

"What?! It's 22:00 Already!! How are we going to get a seat to watch the show? And what about the ice cream?!" I pouted.

"Hm... I don’t know... "She said, in an apologizing tone.

"Aish... I really wanted that ice cre...."

"WAIT! I know a shortcut!! Let's go!" She grabbed my arm and started to pull me.

"Wait!! Are you sure?! I not a big fan of them..." I said nervously.

"You want to get there on time with your ice cream or not?!!"

"I...But.... Aish, let's go! Before I regret! "We both crossed the street and got into the shortcut. Every step we took, less light we had.

"Yah! It's dark here! Soon, we'll have only the moon light!" I commented, getting closer to her.

"I know... The lights should be on..." She replied.

"You've been here before?... Who the hell wants to be here at night!?" I said doing dramatic gestures.

"Yeah... I only came here at day time...."

"You What?!! Oh~ perfect..." I stopped her. "Let's go back! I don't care about being late anymore! "

"Yah! We can't! It'll take forever if we go back, we'll not be able to see the show... Let's just walk faster okay?!..." She grabbed my wrist and pulled me. We both speed up our steps, soon only the moon light lighted our way. I was looking everywhere trying to see a way to get out of there when suddenly something caught my eyes.

"C-Charlotte..." I whispered. "What's That?..." I pointed to something shining that was at the end of the street we just came.

"Don't know... but it's moving..." She replied nervously.

"Should we run?! I can't identify wha..."

"It's a lantern!! And is coming in our way!!" She interrupted me.

"Yah!!! I told you we shouldn't..."

"Violet!! There's no time for that!! RUN! JUST RUN! " She interrupted again, this time shouting. With that, we both started running like crazy persons throughout the street. * Don't look back!! Keep running, Don't look!! * I sneaked through my shoulder.

"OMG IT'S FOLLOWING US!!" I shouted in panic and started running the fastest I could.

"YAH!! DON'T LEAVE ME BEHIND!" Charlotte shouted scared when I sprinted through her.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! IF WE DIE REMEMBER THAT! IF WE SURVIVE I'LL KILL YOU!! "I shouted back, terrified.

"YAHHH WAIITT FOR MEEE PLEASEEE " She begged. With that I stopped running. "Thanks for waiting! You didn't need to stop though, just run more slowly." She said, panting, while getting close to me. When she was about to pass through me I grabbed her wrist making her stop too.

"Yah!! What are you doing?! I'm sure we're almost there! Let’s go!! I'll not die here woman!"

"Ch-Char-Charlotte..." I mumbled. "Look!..." I pointed towards something while shacking like hell.

"W-What... " She looked towards what I was looking. " OMO!" In front of us stood a man with a pitbull. The dog started walking towards both of us.

"Let's keep walking like nothing happened!"

"I'm so going to kill you!" I mumbled, fearing for my life. As we walk further, the man and his dog did the same, we both got close to each other and closed our eyes waiting for something to happen. My heart beat like crazy, I tried to calm myself but failed. We were both waiting for something but nothing happened. * Did I die without feeling any pain or something?* I slowly opened my eyes and saw the dog walking away with his owner. I looked at Charlotte and we both sighed in relieve.

"There!!" She suddenly screamed making me to jump in fear. " It's the downtown! I told you we were close! LET'S GO!! " We ran towards  the downtown. *FINALLY I'M OUT OF HERE! NEVER GOING BACK EVER AGAIN!* Arriving there, I notice how crowded it was. Lots of people were in the restaurants and stores.

"So... Since I can't kill you... You've to pay my ice cream!" I demanded, still kind of scared and shaking because of the previous accident.

"Hm... I'll accept that! Let's go" We both went to the ice cream shop and started looking at the different ice cream flavors. Charlotte bought the vanilla and orange flavors for her, as for me it was a hard choice between thought cookie and chocolate, but I ended with the chocolate sundae. With our lovely ice creams, we finally start looking for seats. After a few minutes of search we both decided to stay at the side of the stage, behind the bars, since it was the only place close to the stage available. * At least I can see something... I wonder what this show is about...* Soon our ice creams disappeared and the show started. People got into the stage and started singing and dancing... All of them a different style, From Jazz, to Classic, From Ballet to Hip Hop.

"I didn't know what this show was about... But it's pretty cool! " Charlotte said amazed.

"Yeah... These guys are r..."

"OMO I THINK I KNOW THAT GUY!" She interrupted me. I looked towards the guy she was talking about.

"Hm.... Isn't that Kai? Why are you so exited... you're his...."

"OMO, NO IS NOT KAI!" She interrupted again.

"Are you sure? Because it...."

"IT'S TAEMIN! TAEMIN OPPA!!" She interrupted me for the third time, screaming in joy.

"And Taemin is.... You know I'm new here!..."

"He's Kai's Twin!" She explained.

"What?! Kai as a twin?! But How? I mean, I never saw him in our school... And Kris never mentioned that too..."

"Maybe you weren't supposed to know...."

"Hm… Maybe you're right..." I said, feeling sad. * Wait, why do I care it's nothing of my business....*

"Hey look!! Isn't that the guy who calls you cheekies?!" My eyes widened at her words. I quickly looked towards the performers to confirm her sentence.

"Hm... I can't see him" I said a little bit disappointed, even after what happened a while ago.

"Aish! I'm telling you he's there!! Look! Behind Taemin!! " I looked again but I saw nothing just a bunch of people dancing.

"Aish stop playing!! It's not a funny joke!" I complained.

"I swear he’s there!! And by the way.... Talking about him... You have a lot to explain! Am I right?!" She raised an eyebrow.

"Me...?I-It's a long story you know... and what about that Taemin...? Why were you so steric about him huh?!" I said cockily, changing topic.

"Long Story...."

"Right.... Two long stories... Not much time... Oh well, I guess we talk about this later" She nodded her head and we both continued watching the performance. After a few minutes, the performance ended, as they exit the stage Charlotte quickly started screaming.

"TAEMIN OPPA!!! OPPA!!!" She shouted the loudest she could. Soon he noticed her and got close to the metal bars that were separating both of us.

"Charlotte? It's that you?!" He asked surprised. "You've grown so much since last time!" He continued, and then climbed the bars, getting in our side. As soon as he reached our side Charlotte quickly hugged him. He hugged her while murmuring some words. * Aww they look so cute together!* suddenly I felt a peck on my shoulder. I was about to turn around when someone covered my eyes and mumbled.

"Who is it?" I started feeling nervous as I felt my blood freezing, I couldn't recognize that voice, plus Charlotte was all lovely-dovely with that Taemin, they probably didn't even noticed that I might be in trouble. Getting just trembling as an answer, the stranger repeated.

"Who is it....?"

"Amm.... It's... I... Ah...." Suddenly the stranger hugged me from the back. I stayed still, I was scared, nervous and shocked, I couldn't even open my eyes.

"Yah! My cheekies can't even recognize me?" He whispered in a husky voice. My whole body shivered * Why he had to do that?!!* I slowly opened my eyes but quickly looked down as I felt my cheeks burning.

"Ah! U-kwon shi! Sorry...." I reply with a shaky voice, he chuckled.

"It's Oppa for you!" He warped is arm around my shoulders and bought me closer to him making me even more red, I kept my head down in embarrassment.

"Oh... And this is my friend Violet!" I heard Charlotte saying. "She came from England too! " She continued excited.

"Oh! Nice to meet you Violet!" He bowed " I see you've already meet my friend... Sorry about him! It's not usual for him to act like that with girls..." He apologized.

"Oh... I- It's Okay... Nice to meet you too Taemin-Shi" I bowed.

"Oh.... By the way... Charlotte, that's my roommate and dance partner, U-kwon, he's kind of shy... or was ...I guess..."

"Hm.... I SEE.... Hey there I'm Charlotte!" She replied with a smile.

"So...Did you girls enjoy the show?" U-kwon asked.

"We still need to practice more though" Taemin continued.

"Actually, I think it was really good, but it would be awesome if Charlotte kept quiet and not scream for the whole performance!" I gave her a cold stare.

"What?! I've to support my Oppa!" She explained.

"Now that's my Charlotte!! Always supporting others!" He said proudly while rubbing her hair.

"Are you girls hungry?" U-kwon asked out of nowhere, showing is cute and warm smile.

"Yah! Since when are you asking girls out?!" Taemin said surprised.

"Actually, we already ate!" I replied.

"Bamm! Rejected!!" Taemin made fun. I looked towards U-kwon and saw he's smile fading. * Awww don't be sad!!*

"But... I think we can go for a bubble tea..." I continued and, somehow got the courage to grab his arm, giving in a shy smile.

"Sounds good to me!" Charlotte joined us. "Taemin...? Are you coming?" She continued.

"I am..." He said, not amused at all. * They sure get angry easily* I compared Taemin with Kai. "Couldn't you just reject him?! And then accept my invite?!" He complained, making all of us laugh. The four of us headed to the bubble tea shop and, after grabbing some delicious bubble teas, we left the shop and went to a park near the store. We could see many kids playing around and some couples walking together.

"Oh look Violet! A swing and a slide!! You should totally go there! You know... since you're still a child..."

"A child...? A CHILD!!? I'LL SHOW YOU THE CHILD! U-KWON SHI!! HOLD MY DRINK!" I passed him my bubble tea and headed quickly towards Charlotte.

"Hey... I was just joking... you know...? YAH!! IT WAS A JOKE!" She quickly hid herself behind Taemin, however I kept walking straight.

"Yah... What's wrong with her?! Didn't she saw me hiding behind you?" Charlotte mumbled to Taemin. Soon I arrive close to the swings and the slide, all the kids stared at me when they saw me playing around. Seconds later they started complaining while the other 3 laughed their asses off. They left everything they had near the bench and quickly joined me.

"So... I guess I'm not the only child here huh!" I smirked.

"What can I say... This is fun!!" She giggled in joy, while the kids continued complaining about the four of us. In a blink of an eye, an hour had already passed and we still kept on playing around and telling jokes. At the moment we're having a bubble tea fight, the bubble teas we've forgot about. Soon we were all wet and sticky, lying on the green grass, breathing heavily with a huge smile on our faces. Unfortunately all of that fun was about to end when I checked the time.

"Omg, It's almost one in the morning!" I shouted getting their attentions.

"Ah! Don't worry, you're with us! You're with god! At least I can protect you...Don't know about him" Taemin made sure pointing to U-kwon getting a death glare from him and a chuckle and a soft hit from Charlotte.

"It's not that babo! I've something to do tomorrow... So I really need to go sleep!" Charlotte replied.

"Ok then... Let's go, I've my car somewhere near, we just need to find it!" We started searching for Taemin's car * Aish!!... How can he lose he's own car!! It's not like it’s something really small!!* Few more minutes and we've found it, I gave him directions to my house and he drive off.

"I see... You live with Kris hyung... Interesting..." Taemin said when we arrived. I gave him a 'wtf' look * What is that suppose to mean?!* "I'm joking...." He said with a warm smile and I chuckled.

"You know… I don’t want to sound offensive but for Kai's twin, you're nothing like him, you must be the good twin and he's the bad one..." I conclued, but didn't get the answer i was expecting.

"T-Twin...? What...? Kai's not my twin!" He made sure.

"What...?! But... Charlotte said it...." A loud laugh was heard.

"Omo!... I-I can't believe you actually believed!! It's probably the third time i prank you today! Hahah "She said amused.

"Yah! Stop pranking me! How was I supposed to know you were joking?! I complained, hitting her arm, pouting right after.

"Awww Look!! She's pouting! How cute!!" She made fun.

"I'll kill you!!" I left the car. " Bye U-kwon, Taemin-shi! See you guys late..." I turned around and left, still hearing Charlotte laughing and appologizing at the same time, but I just ignored. As soon as I got home I took a long shower, dressed my warm pajama, grabbed my teddy bear and went to bed. * This was such a great time* I Sighed and smilled thinking about the new memories I’ve made and soon, I felt asleep.