Chapter 12

My Life

Short update x.x But I'll Update again in two days! Sorry for the mistakes and boring chapter ^^

 

“VIOLET!!!! WE’RE GETTING LATE!!!!” I heard Kris shouting and my eyes opened widely. I sprint out of bed, not even checking the time, trying to get ready the fastest possible. As I meet with Kris downstairs, we both headed towards the bus stop, running like there’s no tomorrow.

“Arghhh we’ve to get the taxi!! There’s no way we can catch that bus!” Kris whined and started watching for cabs. After a few minutes we found one and, as soon as it stopped in front of the school, I left running towards the locker room, yelling a goodbye at Kris who was paying the taxi guy.

“Where the hell were you?” Charlotte complained as I walked inside the dressing room, panting hard from running.

“Me and Kris fell asleep!” I breathed and placed my bag near hers, changing my clothes into the swimming suit as fast as possible. She gave me a teasing look and I put on a poker face. “You know what I mean!”

“I didn’t said anything…” She chuckled and I just rolled my eyes. Fortunately I was able to change quickly and leave towards the inside pool with the rest of the girls of my class.

“Yah! Ladies! This isn’t a fashion show!! Stop the runway and hurry up!!” The teacher complained because the guys were already swimming around. “Just warm up for 5 minutes and get inside!” The teacher demanded and went towards the guys, telling them to change their swimming style. As we finish the warm up, me and Charlotte made our way inside the pool, as supposed to.

“Charlotte?” I started and she hummed. “Do you know how to swim?”

“Sure!! What about you?” She jumped inside. “Ah!! Cold cold cold!!”

“Well… Not really” I rubbed my hands together, suddenly feeling embarrassed since everyone was swimming around. I asked Charlotte if her feet could reach the ground before getting inside, as she nodded as an answer. After explaining my situation towards the teacher, who decided to mock me, he told me to stay put as he split everyone into small groups and place them on different tracks of the pool. “Thank god we stayed together!!” I said as Charlotte went towards ‘my’ side of the pool.

“Wow! You love me that much?!” She laughed.

“No!” I stuck my tongue out. “I just need someone to save me if I somehow dra-“I couldn’t finish my sentence as a hand gripped my ankles and pulled me under water. Panicking, I struggled to put my feet back on the pool’s floor, kicking the water randomly until my feet were stable and I reached the surface. I took a deep breath, still in shock about what happen, and started coughing the little amount of water I swallowed. Looking towards Charlotte, I saw her smirking and started swimming away. I gave her a cold face and was about to follow her (to scold at her) when two arms snatched around my waist, leaving me startled.

“Who would’ve known that we have PE together Cheekies?” My eyes widened and my heart stopped for a while.

“U-kwon?!” I could tell he was smirking.

“Who else babe?” I blushed at his words as well as to how close we were from each other. I notice Charlotte passing through us, while swimming on her back, with a huge grin on her face, clearly teasing me.

“Yah! U-kwon! You can do that at home!!” The teacher complained and my eyes widened. *WAIT WHAT?!* Embarrassed, I quickly left U-kwon’s embrace. “I know she can’t swim but you don’t need to be there!! “ He continued.

“I’ll teach her!” U-kwon offered and the teacher rolled his eyes.

“Yìfán will help her so just go back to swimming!!” The teacher ordered and U-kwon left swimming towards the other end of the pool, pouting. I chuckled.

“So, should we start?” A voice called my attention and I looked over my shoulder, widening my eyes.

“Kris?!” I said confused. “What are you doing here?!” I continued.

“I’m here to teach you how to swim!” He chuckled and I kept my confused look. “Yes, my real name is Yìfán.” I nodded, understanding now.

“Sorry for not waiting for you! I didn’t knew you were coming here!”

“Kris is one of the best swimmers in school!! Whenever there’s a swimming competition he will go for our school and wins!!” One girl said randomly as she passed next to us. I looked towards Kris and he smiled widely.

“So… should we start our lesson?” I nodded. From the outside of the pool, Kris started explaining what I had to do, afterwards he would reach for my hips or my hands and help me with the swimming part. After some minutes he had to leave me, as he went to his own private part of the pool to practice his swimming. I could already float and swim (kind of), and so, I start practicing my swimming just like everyone, but only until the middle of the pool (that’s until where I can stand). Just when I was about to go back towards the other end of the pool, a big splash of water hit my face and I choked on it, as I was recovering my breath. My hand reached my throat and a few tears escaped my eyes as I try to cough out the water. When I finally recovered from the burning feeling on my throat, I glanced towards the place I was heading and caught Kai glancing at me coldly. *That bastard!* The class kept going with that jerk always trying to show off, but it was easy to ignore him as I kept playing around with Charlotte and U-kwon who, apparently, wasn’t mad at me anymore. We did some races (of course I couldn’t participate) and play a few random games that the teacher told us. Soon the class ended and it was lunch time.

“What’s with your face?!” Charlotte questioned as we left the locker rooms, walking towards the cafeteria.

“Nothing… I’m just wondering…Is Kris really a professional swimmer?” I raised a brow.

“Well, where did you think he got the abs?” She laughed, wiggling her eyebrows.

“I didn’t even knew he had abs!” She laughed harder.

“Really? You guys live together like husband and wife! The first thing you should’ve noticed it’s his abs!” I glanced at her.

“Well, I’m sorry to disappoint you but that’s not the first thing I notice in boys!”

“Hm… Well everyone has their tastes!” She smirked and I gave her a disgusting look.

“You know, the more I get to know you, the more you look like a female version of Kai!” I pointed out and she smiled innocently.

“Well, me and JongIn are really similar, however Kai and I are nothing alike! I was just teasing you!” She explain, reaching for her tray, filling it with food.

“But he’s always teasing people!!” I pointed out again and that shut up her. We walked towards a random table.

“But yeah… I thought you knew about Kris’ swimming talent. I mean don’t you wonder why he only arrives at dinner time? He has to practice!”

“Hm… I never noticed that…” I said thanking a mouthful of food.

“Clearly I should be the one living with Kris!” She joked. “You have to pay attention to your roommate! He’ll be your husband after all!”

“My what?!” I almost chocked and she laughed. “What is wrong with you?”

“And talking about husbands…maybe I’m wrong.” She grinned, changing the topic, and soon I felt a peck on my shoulder.

“Hi Cheekies!”  U-kwon sat right next to me, grinning widely and I fought the urge to wipe the bangs of hair that were covering his eyes. They somehow were annoying me and I just wanted to fix them. “Hello..?” He waved his hand in front of my face. *Stop looking so cute!! Jesus Violet, just do something!*

“Hey!” I smiled widely and saw him chuckle.

“Cute!” He said and turned towards his food. I saw Charlotte face palming herself and, raising her pocket mirror in front of my face, she indicated me to smile. Awkwardly, I looked at the mirror and a blush crept to my cheeks in mere seconds. Charlotte giggled at my reaction and I quickly left the table, running towards the bathroom.

“YAH! WAIT! VIOLET!! Where is she going?” U-kwon asked Charlotte and she pointed to her teeth.

“She’ll be right back!” They both laughed. * Wait to go Violet! Aish why did this had to happen?!* I hit with my hand softly against my head, scolding myself. As I take a turn to reach the bathroom, my body went hard against another, making me fall on my back.

“Yah! Are you o-“He stopped himself “Aish, why there’s always es bumping into me?” He reached down grabbing my chin. “Do you need me to buy you some glasses? Because I think you really need them!”” I rolled my eyes, not having patience to deal with that jerk.

“Oh! So now you’re worried about me?!” I laughed while my right hand locked around his wrist, trying to remove his grip on my chin. However the moment I pressed my left hand against his wrist a yelp escaped my lips.

 

KAI POV:

 

“YAH! What happened?!” I panicked when she yelped in pain. Her teeth looked like they fell and guilt hit me. *Wait! She didn’t even fell on her face! How can she...* another yelp caught my attention. I saw her trying to stand and reached for her, helping her. She just gripped her own wrist and kept hissing. “Y-You want me to ta- YAH!” I yelled as she ran away and went inside the bathroom. I questioned if I should check on her or not but quickly reached the conclusion of not helping. As I walked away, a cellphone caught my attention. I simply pick it up and walked away. Looking through it a smirk invaded my lips.

 

YOUR POV:

 

“Aish, that stupid jerk!” I complained while rubbing my wrist. It hurt really badly. After cleaning my teeth, that were dirty from the lunch, I headed out, back to my sit.

“And…. She’s back!” Charlotte mocked and I gave her a poker face. “Gezz, why the face? I’m just joking” She continued and U-kwon locked right away.

“Did something happened?” He asked, looking concern and I couldn’t help but just give him a small smile with a nod.

“Just meet an on my way...” I said, showing my wrist, who was slightly purple from the fall. U-kwon gasped.

“Who did that to you?!” He said angrily, standing up. I sighed *It wasn’t actually on purpose and he actually tried to help. Wait… He tried to help? Must be sick!* I conclude.

“U-kwon, Kai did-“

“YAH!” Kai himself interrupted. “You forgot yo-“

“You son of a ! How could you hurt Violet?!” U-kwon got closer to him, grabbing him by the collar. Fortunately there wasn’t that much of people in the cafeteria and the ones who were there didn’t noticed what was happening. I quickly stood up, as well as Charlotte.

“Yah! The is wrong with you?! I didn’t-“

“Don’t try to get away from this! You’ve hurt my Cheekies!” Kai started laughing.

“Your Cheekies?!” He asked, still laughing and U-kwon nodded slightly.

“Yah, U-Kwon! Let him go!” I reached for him, trying to pulling him closer. “He didn’t do anything!” I continued. Charlotte went to Kai’s side, pulling him by his shirt towards her.

“Don’t defend this Violet!!” U-kwon kind of yelled.

“You better tell your boyfriend to calm down before I put my hands on him!” Kai said coldly, looking at me darkly.

“Tks, you think I’m scare?” U-kwon chuckled.

“YAH! STOP!” I complained, hitting U-Kwon softly. This one gave me a cold look.

“Yah! Little Puppy! You better obey!” Kai teased and Charlotte hit him this time.

“Shut Up!” She murmured him.

“U-kwon, let go of him!” I practically begged and he looked at me for a few seconds before letting go, laughing awkwardly.

“Good boy!!” Kai smirked. “Even so, you should train him better!” He continued and I sighed, annoyed. Charlotte murmured something and pulled Kai allong with her, telling me to not wait for her.

“You know what?” U-kwon started. “Maybe you deserved more than just an injured wrist…” U-kwon commented before leaving. Shocked, I stayed there processing his words. *Is he serious?!* Time must have fly pretty fast as when I finally decided to proceed with eating my lunch, the bell rang and I left sprinting towards class. Neither Kai nor Charlotte were there, I wonder what had happened.

 

“Violet!” I heard Kris calling me, while running towards me, before I could leave the school. 

“Oh hey!” I waved.                               

“I have this for you!” He said while panting. I looked as his hand and saw my phone coming out of his pocket.

“WHAT?!” My eyes widened. I didn’t even noticed I’ve lost my phone.

“Kai found it and ask me to give it to you! I’m sorry but I’ve to go now! Getting late here!! I’ll arrive earlier today!” He said before running away.

“Thanks!!” I shouted at him, even though he probably didn’t listened. I made my way towards home, and as soon as I opened the front door, I threw myself onto the couch. Sighing. *What a long day* after a while my stomach started growling and just when I was about to get up my phone started ringing. Grabbing it, I looked at the ID and my heartbeat went haywire. It was betting faster and faster as I read and re-read the name that was flashing on my cellphone’s screen. My eyes started tearing from happiness and a smile quickly invaded my lips. *Finally! In a perfect timing!*

“BRANDON!”