Chapter 24

My Life

Violet POV:

 

I sighed as soon as I went through the front gate. I feel oddly lazy today and didn't feel like doing anything. Fortunately the day went by in a blink of eyes and, when I noticed, I was already changing the clothes from the gym class into my normal ones. We grabbed our bags and stopped at the gate, continuing our previous talk about what clothes should Charlotte we take to the trip. After agreeing on helping her packing, I was about to head home when someone shouted.

“Charlotte!!"

“Oh! Hey Taemin! What you’re doing here?!” She smiled widely and hugged him.

“Actually, I was hoping I could speak with Violet” Charlotte pouted.

“What? Me? Why? “I asked surprised.

“I need you to come with me, I'll explain later…”

“Geez… Thank you for inviting me!” Charlotte said annoyed making him roll his eyes.

“Can we talk later? Violet and I have a place to go…” He grabbed my wrist and we started walking towards the parking lot. I waved goodbye to a pouty and upset Charlotte, watching as she just turn her back and walked off. *How jealous!* I chuckled at the thought and entered the car. He start driving.

"So..." I tried to break the silence. "Can you explain?"

"Ok so…I like this girl and I wanted to make her a surprise. I asked U-kwon but he's working and who am I kidding that guy doesn't know anything about girls!! Anyways... I was hoping you would help me, please...?" He said sounding embarrassed. I smiled widely. * How cute*

"Of course I'll help you!! Don't need to be shy about that!” I hit his arm slightly and he sighed in relief. “Can I know who’s the lucky girl?” I continued and he giggled. “Wait! OMG!! IS IT CHARLOTTE?!! IS THAT WHY YOU DIDN'T ASK FOR HER HELP???!!! OMO THAT'S SO ROMANTIC AND CUTE AND OMG I TOTTALY SHIP YOU GUYS!!!" I started fangirling just like Charlotte did with me and U-kwon.

"Please don't tell her!! Let me do that please!" He said. I could tell he was nervous and gently patted his back.

"Don't worry!! OMO THIS IS SO CUTE “I continued fangirling, trying to go back to normal, not wanting to make him even more anxious. “So, what do you want to do?"

"I was thinking about cleaning the house, you could go grab some ingredients for ahm maybe a ro-romantic dinner?" He asked nervously.

"OMO Taemin that's so cute!! Of course I can do that! Don’t worry!!"

"You can bring whatever you want, I your good taste!!" He said while parking next to a tree. "It can even be for a British dish! She’ll love that! Now that's the grocery store, here's the money!! I'll see you later!!" He said cheerfully while 'throwing' me out of the car.

"Wait Taemin!!! I don't know..." I stopped my sentence when he drove off. "Aish you idiot!! How am I supposed to get to your house?!" I yelled getting the attention near me. I sighed and went to the grocery store. After buying what I thought it could make a good romantic dinner I headed out. * Okay so he drove there, then he turn at the park and then turned left... * I walked until the park and tried to guess where the car went afterwards, but it was useless I didn't know. After thinking for a few minutes I decided to call Charlotte but, has I was dialing Charlotte's number, a little girl got my attention.

"Ahm… Are you okay?" I asked her, a little bit anxious about talking to her or not.

"C-Can you help me?" She asked nervously while tears ran down on her face, I softened.

"Sure! What do you need? Are you lost or something?" I asked getting worried.

"It's my brother... He left me here with one of his friends, but then his friend left me here alone and... And now... I just wanted someone to play with me!!"She cried.

"What?! Aish!! Guys…So irresponsible!" I sighed as I tried not to curse in front of the little girl. "I can play with you, but don't you rather be with your brother? Soon it will be night time..." I suggest her.

"Y-Yeah but... I heard him saying, that he was going to an amusement park...I can't go alone unnie… let's just play and wait for him here!" She offered, making me sight. * Aish... I've to help Taemin with the dinner!! I don't have time to play until her brother comes! Who knows how much time it’s going to take?!!* Then a little sign got my attention.

"It's actually 15 minutes by foot from here! You see?” I pointed at the sign “I can take you there and then we'll look for him!!" She pouted. “We can play over there too! You like cotton candy? I’ll even buy you some!” Her eyes sparkled.

"What are you waiting for unnie?! Let’s go!" I laughed when she grabbed my hand and trying to run for it. I chuckled as she jumped with every steep she took.

"So... I'm Violet, what's your name?"

"I'm sorry, I can’t tell you! My brother told me to not speak with strangers, neither give them personal information..." She said proudly and I look at her with amusement. *This kid…*

"I see... Your brother is right! But you also shouldn’t be alone!"

"But I'm with you, Unnie!" She beamed and I couldn’t help but to laugh.

"Of course… We’re almost there." Few minutes later and we arrived.  “Do you know where your brother could be? Any ideas?" I asked while pondering if I should scold her brother or not.

"What about my cotton candy?" She pouted and I raised an eyebrow.

"I guess we can have some cotton candy and then find your brother!" I smiled and, with my words, she grabbed my wrist and started running towards the cotton candy store making me laugh. I almost fell twice because of the two kind of heavy bags from the shop but fortunately I was able to reach the cotton candy store in one piece, we get in the line. I was about to make my order when a heart shape cotton candy was in front of my face.

 “Mim?” I heard someone shouting.

“Oh Oppa!!” The little girl next to me shouted making me look back. *His he her brother?!! How come he left her alone? He seam so close with Soyeon…* I stayed dumbly looking towards the little child and her ‘big brother’ until I felt a poke on my shoulder.

 “Hey” I heard. “I know it’s a bit too soon but, will you go on a date with me?” I looked over the cotton candy to find a smile that never fails to make me blush. I was kind of surprised at first, not expecting this at all, but after the shock, I couldn’t hide my blushing cheeks. I accepted the cotton candy, not knowing what say. “Violet… I know we just practically meet but I actually like you!! You don’t need to take my feelings if you don’t want to, although since you took the cotton candy I kind of took it that you did. Anyways, if you didn’t… can I ask you for a chance? I-We’ll take this slow! Really slow if you want to! I just-I couldn’t keep my feelings inside for much longer…” He said feeling nervous and anxious.

“Did that girl had anything to do with this?” I ignored what he said.

“Yeah… I kind of asked for help.” He said shyly.

“And Taemin…?”

“I asked him too…A-Are you mad?”

“Hm…Not really!” I finally showed a smile, a shy one.

“Thank god!! Look you don’t have to answer now! Matter fact! Don’t answer now! Just think about it!! And maybe tomorrow we could have that date…? Only if you want to of course! I don’t want to push you to do things you don’t want to!”

“U-kwon, calm down! It’s okay, w-we can go on a date” I kept smiling.

“Really?!” I nod. “Oh! Thank you!!” He smiled warmly and reached for my hand. I blushed as we walked hand in hand.

“So… The romantic dinner thing was for us?” He nodded, his smile still shining. “Then we won’t need this… I mean not for tonight!” He quickly reached for the bags, thinking I didn’t want to carry them anymore.

“I’m sorry! I’ll take this!” However I didn’t allow him to.

“I mean, we should put this at home. I want to talk to Taemin. Making sure he knows I’m preparing a Vendetta against him.” Ukwon laughed

“Fine by me! But still, I’ll take those” He tried to reach the two bags once again.

“Yah! Just one! I'll take the other one! I’m still a strong woman!” I informed him, making him chuckle.

“I know… My Cheekies it’s a very strong person!” He smiled proudly and when I let him reach for the bag, he ended up taking both of them successfully.

“Yah!!” I wined. “I hate you!” I pouted and hit his arm, he only laughed. We both made our way to Taemin’s car.

“He borrowed it!” Ukwon made sure, ready to drive home.

 

Kai POV:

 

"Oppa?"  A soft and worried voice invaded my head.

"Oppa! Wake up!! Oppa please wake up!!" Another voice, this one cried and I could feel a hand caressing my cheeks.

"Yah!” The other murmured her yell. “Don’t touch him! He's hurt! Can't you see that?!" She continued harshly.

"But-But It’s Oppa!" The other murmured back. "I don't want him to die!" She cried again. My heart ache and, even though lying here would sound perfect right now, I couldn’t keep them worried. Plus, my head was starting to hurt pretty badly.

"Aish, why are my two princesses fighting?" I tried to get their attention sounding like nothing had happened but failed has my voice came out a little bit shaky and sore.

"Oppa!" They shouted and throw themselves on top of me for a hug. "You're not dead!" I hold back the pain and forced a chuckle.

"Of course not!" I made sure, hugging them back.

"O-Oppa… You've to go away..." Soyeon said after breaking the hug, making Nari sob.

"I have to? And why is that?!" I said, caressing her hair.

"I-I heard dad saying he would beat you up, as soon as you wake up..." Nari murmured, as though as she was afraid dad would hear her. "Please Oppa! You have to go!" She begged, getting up, pulling me with her. Soyeon quickly joined, grabbing my arm and pulling me with her whole strength.

"Ahh Princesses! Look! Oppa isn't afraid of dad! Don't worry!!" I smiled softly at their kindness and made no effort to get up.

"But we don't want you to suffer!!" The younger insist. "Oppa! If you like us... please just go..." She continued.

"I'm not letting you both here, alone!" I said in a stern voice, trying not to sound cold.

"Oppa! They don't hurt us!! They hurt you!" Nari insisted.

"I said I won't let you two stay-" I raised my voice, only to be interrupted.

"Oppa!! If you don’t go right now I can guarantee you that I’ll find a way for dad to kick you out of the house!! And you'll never see us again!!” She threatened, leaving me surprised for doing such thing. “And... I'll find a way of dad beat the hell out of me too!” She continued and my eyes widened, my fist closing.

“Nari!” She gave me the coldest look I’ve ever seen from her.

“Just go!! NOW!” Soyeon cried. Without other options, I took a deep sigh and quickly hugged and kissed them both.

“If anything happens! Call me right away!” They nodded.

“Oppa! Be careful!” Nari said before I jumped out of the window. I thought about going straight to Charlotte’s house, changing my mind when another headache . *Let’s not bother her* After a few minutes running  away from that area, not only the headache became worse as well as dizziness started assaulting my head. Not wanting to fall unconscious in the middle of the street, I reached my cellphone as I looked for a cab.

“What’s Up Nini?”

“I need your address” My voice shaky, just like my head.

“What happened?” His stern voice echoed through my head.

“Hyung please!” He gave me his address right away and luckily I found a cab. After giving him the address, it didn’t took longer than 10 minutes to be knocking on his door. Taking my pale face, white T-shirt around my head stained with blood and a black swallowed eye, Taemin sighed as soon as he saw me. He helped me in and lied me on the couch. I sighed in comfort, finally able to rest my head.

“I swear to god JongIn, if I ever see your father, I don’t even know what I’ll do to him!” I couldn’t blame his anger. “Didn’t you wrestled for money?! Why the don’t you give your father the lesson he needs to learn?!” He spat, taking of the t-shirt around my head.

“It’s my father Hyung… You know I can’t hurt him” He scoffed in disbelief.

“But he can hurt you, heck he can even kill you if he wants to! !” He cursed when the cut on my head started bleeding even more, now that it had no pressure. “And you don’t do ! I don’t even know what the hell you have in there!” He continued, getting up.

“Tae-“Someone interrupted.

 

Violet POV

 

 “Taemin you liar!!! You told me it was for Charlotte!!” I complained as soon as the door opened, Ukwon chuckling right behind me. He didn’t respond and I walked inside, catching him right away on the small hallway, he smiled softly but there was something about is face that doesn’t seem right. “Hey… are you okay?! I’m not mad or something it was just-“I stopped mid sense when I saw the person standing on the couch. “JongIn…?” I murmured. * What the hell happened to him?* my mind was shocked, especially with how much blood is running down his face.

“Ahm... U-kwon? Kai is going to stay here, you don’t mind right?” Taemin asked, disappearing.

“Of course not!!” U-kwon shouted from, what I could see, the kitchen.

“What-What happened…?” I murmured to Taemin when he reappeared, a towel on his hand, as Kai’s eyes stopped on me, giving me cold looks for some reason. *OMG IS THE LITTLE GIRL OKAY?!* My head suddenly shouted.

“He… I-I’m sorry Violet, If you really want to know just ask him, It’s personal and I can’t say it…” Taemin apologized.

“Oh…Okay…” I said disappointed and worried.

“U-kwon where do we have the first aid kit?!” Taemin placed the towel beneath JongIn’s head.

“I think it’s on the second door on the bathroom, why do you need it? Oh!” His question was answered.

“Let me just grab some stuff!” Taemin told Kai before leaving his side.

“I'll help you find it!!” Ukwon quickly left to help Taemin with the first aid kit and other dressings and bandages. I could feel how tense the atmosphere was getting, being just me and Kai on the same room. I felt sorry for him and I wanted to know what happened, why he was like this and I wanted to help him. However the only thing he’s doing, is giving me cold and deathly looks before looking away. * Come on! He helped me before! And we talk through messages!*

“Ahm… So, Is that little girl your sister?!” I asked, trying to break the tension. * Aish I shouldn’t scold him now…*

“…No” He said coldly after a long pause. *What?! So the girl was really alone?!*

“Oh! Okay…” I said looking down on my feet. “Hey, If you need help or anything… You know, talk about it! Since you helped me last time, I just want you to know that-”

“Just shut up! Help? I don’t need help… far less coming from you!” *The hell? Is he mad because I left with Kris?* “I helped you?! Poor you! If I knew it was you, I wouldn’t have helped…” He interrupted me and my eyes widened. “Just go away… I can’t stand annoying people today!” He continued. I was about to shout at him but at the last minute I just decided to give him a brake since he wasn’t in his best condition. * This is not JongIn! He cares! JongIn cares!* I tried to think positively, kind of, but ended up failing * Aish why do I even care?! It’s useless! Good thing I have U-kwon with me, otherwise I would just fall for this stupid jerk!!* I sighed. Taemin and U-kwon got back. Taemin took a sit on the couch and placed JongIn’s head on his lap.

“Hey Violet! It’s getting late, I should take you home” U-kwon commented, leaving the first aid kit near Kai, and I nodded. I observed as Taemin started working on Kai’s wound and this one kept giving me cold looks. “Bye Taemin Oppa!!” I waved at him and he smiled at me.

“I’ll see you later Violet!” He said, not distracting himself from his work. I made my way towards the door. U-kwon was already on Taemin’s car. “Oh Taemin?” I called his attention, as well as JongIn’s “Let that be, Hyuna and the other girls will take good care of him, he doesn’t need people to help him” I said rudely and walked off.