Chapter 26

My Life

"So, what were you going to tell Charlotte? About you and, well an OH MY GOD wasn't for sure, but I appreciate the reaction!" He grinned like an idiot while choosing the piece of pizza he wanted.

"You'll never shut up about it, will you?" I pouted and grabbed a slice of pizza.

"Sorry, it was just so funny, but I’ll stop it." He chuckled a little more. "So… Can I know? If you don’t want to tell is okay!" He continued.

"Oh! It’s nothing much… Well I'm… U-kwon, you know him right?" I said nervously, putting the slice of pizza back on the plate.

"Yup! The guy who likes you, what about him...?" He said raising a brow.

"He… We are going out tomorrow... Like a date" I replied awkwardly while rubbing my arm, nervous of what could be Kris reaction. * Why do I keep felling awkward? Maybe I'm just anxious about the date*

"Oh! Really?! Wow that’s awesome!" He said blankly, making me raise a brow. "I'm happy for you..." He continued. *Huh... It doesn't look like it...* “What?” He asked when I keep on looking at him.

“Nothing… It’s just that, never mind…” I thought it would be better to shrug the thought and kept eating the pizza.

“So… When did that happen?” He sounded almost annoyed. “You know… the dating thing.”

“Today…” I reply simply, my eyes not leaving the pizza. “I’m kind of nervous you know! We already had dinner together but it wasn’t a date! I’ve never been in a date before!” I voiced out my problem.

“You guys had dinner together?!” He said, a hint of surprise on his voice. “When was that?”

“Oh! He just wanted to treat me! And that was a few days ago, right when I was suspended!” I heard him chuckling. “Anyways… Do you have any tips?”

“You’ll be fine Violet! Whatever you did that night, he liked it!” I didn’t like the tone of his voice. * The hell are you implying?!* “Just be yourself” He continued when I kept quiet.

“Hm” I simply replied. How fast the environment changed. Just a few minutes ago there we were, playing around because his torso! Now here am I, losing my hunger because of his comment. Sighing, I left the table and went to my room. It was almost midnight when I finished my homework. Walking towards the kitchen, I ate the slices of pizza that Kris left and went to sleep.

 

Kris POV:

 

The next day couldn’t be more boring! My swimming competition is getting nearer and nearer and the teachers allowed me to miss their classes so I could practice. And that’s what I’ve been doing all day. Luckily the guys came to save me. “You’ve done enough for today!” Suho said. And so, as I was coming back from the coffee shop, where we went to chill for a bit, my eyes stopped at a so called cute couple. His hands on her waist, her hands circled around his back. Trying to ignore them, I continued walking home but, with every step I took, more they reminded me of my past relationship and worse about Violet’s little date. And for my luck, Violet and U-kwon were hugging each other at the front door. *Tks… At least he didn’t ki-* my thoughts were interrupted when he pulled her close and crushed his lips on hers. My mind and body just frozen at that moment, has I was in total shock. Violet also looked shocked but that quickly vanished when they started making out. *What the?! DAMN WHAT SHOULD I DO?! COMON KRIS! THINK!!* My mind shouted.

“Yah!! Kris?! “Someone shouted out of a sudden. I looked around but saw no one. “Kris?! Come on! We are going to be late!!” * Late? Late for what?!* “YAH KRIS!! GET UPPP!!WE’RE GOING TO GET LATE FOR SCHOOL COME ON!!” A pillow hit my head and I quickly sit back, surprised.

“What?!School?!” I asked, my mind trying to process what was happening. * So it was a dream…* I sighed, rubbing my hair. *Thank god!*

“Yes Kris! School! You know… Students… Teachers? Now let’s go!” She left the room murmuring some others words and I quickly went to the bathroom and got ready to go.

“Okay so remember… I’m going to be late today, so yeah… I'll see you at home!” She reminded me as we pass the front gates. She waved goodbye but before she could leave I grabbed her shoulder and, turning her around, I embraced her. “Kris… What are you-”

“I'm sorry about yesterday... Anyways, see you at home! Don't miss me too much!” I smiled and ruffled her hair. Before she could say anything, I left with a sigh. *The hell Kris?!* My day got worse when I reached the boys. “What’s going on here?! Why so many girls?!” I questioned, starting to feel annoyed.

“Well… You know-” Suho started.

“And where’s Kai? I thought we were on good terms again!”

“Well yeah! He actually-” He replied only for being interrupted again.

“Got into trouble again?!” I sighed. “That kid…” A hand fell hard on my back and I yelp.

“Yah!! Can you listen to me?! I know I’m short but for god sake!!” Suho complained.

“Sorry…”

“Anyways, Kai’s here! That’s why there are so many girls in here as well…”

“He brought them?!” My eyes widened. * This is the only place in school were we can be in peace! And he brings girls here?!! THAT’S IT!! I’M DONE!*

“Well… not exactly.” I heard Suho's reply, but it was too late. I was already on my way towards Kai.

“YAH! KAI!” I shouted has I got closer to him, trying to pass through the crowd of girls. “I’M SORRY TO INFORM YOU BUT THERE’S NO WAY YOU CAN BRING YOUR WHO…” I stopped mid-way when I saw him sitting on the chair with his head all bandaged.  “What the hell?! What Happened?! “My anger switched to worry. He only lowered his head and shocked it has if nothing had happened. I sighed. *Of course… when will he ever trust us* I went to his side, trying to help him getting up, and my anger grew again when those crazy girls made me fail. “YAH!! CAN YOU LET THIS GUY BREAHT?! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!” I yelled and they only started complaining, a few leaving right after, but as the guys joined me, they quickly left.

"So… What happened? The girls left already so you can start talking..." I said, observing his head.

"It's a funny story actually!” He chuckled and I raise a brow. “After drinking so much yesterday I ended up by falling from the stairs, at my house. Just a black eye and a few stiches! Nothing serious!” He continued, a smile still lingering his lips.

"JongIn, we didn't drink that much..." Chen mumbled. I looked towards the other guys and sighed, showing them to just pretend to believe in his words.

“I’m glad you’re okay” D.O commented, giving the hit to just end the topic.

"Thanks" He smiled. "Yah! If someone asks just say that I got into a fight with a lots of guys..." He suddenly said. "I've to keep my dignity!!" He laughed and he all nodded, giving him a small smile. "Well, I'm going now, it's almost class time! See you at lunch!" He slowly got up and left.

“Now that’s a new! He's worried about getting in time for class!” Chanyeol blurted. “He’s definitely hiding something!” He continued.

"Let's just play along guys, whatever it is, he’ll eventually tell us." Baekhyun remarked, making sure everyone knew what to do. Soon we all went to classes and, as I walk towards the swimming area, I couldn’t help but to worry. Two problems one named Kai and the other Violet.

 

Kai POV:

 

“Oppa Here! I have a pillow!” One girl said after I sit down on my place. She immediately put the cushion behind my back. “Is it okay?! Are you comfortable?” I was about to complain, just wanting to be alone. However I couldn’t even talk.

“Oppa you shouldn’t come like this! You’ve to get better!! But don't worry! I'll take care of you. How's your head? Does it hurts? What about your eye?“Another girl said, interrupting me before I could even speak. Her fingers inched closer to my face and I offered her a cold stare, pushing her hands away. * NO ONE TOUCHES MY FACE FAR LESS THESE !*

“Yah! What the hell are you talking about huh? You can’t do it!! You can’t even take care of yourself!” She pushed the girl away and went next to me. “Don’t worry Oppa, I got this!” This one smiled and I rolled my eyes.

“Do you want me to do your school work?! Aish why am I asking!! Of course I'll do it!” I observed as this girl snatched my books and went to her seat.

“Oppa do you need anything?! Food?! Drink?! Are you cold? Or is it too warm in here?!”  This one appeared out of nowhere. *Aishhh you little things are giving me a headache!* I started rubbing my head.

“OPPA!! Don’t touch it!! You’ll get worse!!” At this point, my patience was over. I was about to yell at all of these girls when something caught my eyes.

“Girls! I can’t even thank you enough, you’re all so caring! But seriously, I’m fine… Don’t worry” I said in the most soft and hurt tone voice I could do.

“Omo!! Oppa don’t say that!! You’ll make us even more worried!” One of them made sure. Looking towards the door, Charlotte had given me a pity look which only made me smile softly. *Always the same little worried girl* I sighed. Violet on the other hand quickly looked down at the floor after seeing the amount of girls that where ‘taking care’ of me (Not that I need someone to take care of me, it was just for her to eat her own words). Indeed, a smirk appeared as soon as she looked straight at me. * I guess I won…*

“Okay class, everyone on your seats! Come on!! What’s so interesting over there?! Hurry up!” The professor complained, already preparing her stuff for the class. “Seriously!” She hissed. “What the hell is-Oh, Kai! What happen?!” I just gave her a ‘painful’ smile. “Omo, don’t worry! I'll not be harsh to you today!” The teacher informed still surprised by my bandaged head and the black eye.

“Thank you!!” I bowed slightly while grabbing my head, pretending it was hurting a lot.

“Oh god! You know what? Forget it! Just go home and take care!” She said in a worried tone.

“It’s okay! I can stay!” I said inoffensively.

“Kai! It’s okay! I give you a free pass, just go home and rest!” She looked at me pitifully. I couldn’t be grinning wider on the inside as I slowly got my stuff and left the room. * I should totally get an award for this! I’m such a good actor! * After praising myself, I walked until the school yard. It was always pretty empty. I lay down on the furthers bench and took a deep sigh.