Chapter 28

My Life

 Your POV:

“Aish that stupid guy! “I mumbled annoyed, rolling my eyes. “ I wanted to skip philosophy too! “I continued with a pout. We were currently gathering our food at the cafeteria.

“Violet, he’s sick!” Charlotte nag at me, sighing.

“Sick my , he smirked!!” I grumbled.

“He smirks at everyone and everything!” She insists, making me sigh. * Aish! I know what I’m saying!* I growled. “In other news, today has been a rather calm day, don’t you think?” She continued as we both sat on the table.

“Hm… I haven’t seen the queen and her slaves, I think that’s the reason.” I said blankly, munching on some fries.

“I hope they don’t show up! That would make this day a perfect day!” She kind of sang and I raised her an eyebrow at the sudden act.

“The hell?” I asked, suppressing my will to laugh and holding up my eyebrow.

“YOU’RE GOING OUT IDIOT!! “She cheered and I choked on the chips.

“Yah!! Keep it quiet!” I demanded, blushing slightly, looking around making sure no one was paying attention. Fortunately no one seem to care, I sighed.

“Aww~!” She teased me. “How adorable!” She stole some of my fries. “Don’t worry! You guys look totally cute together! I might even follow you two!”

“What?! YAH! WHY?!”

“I really want to see you two together!!” She said innocently, still stealing my food.

“I don’t know… I still feel awkward. I think Kris might be right, I don’t know U-kwon for that long, maybe I shouldn’t go out with him.” I spoke my inner thoughts. Even though I’m really looking forward to this date, something deep inside of me doesn’t feels right.

“Oh come on!! It’s a new experience!! It will be fun! And you’re supposed to get to know each other better on the date! Kind of like a blind date, but you know who’s on the other side! So you’ve to go! Plus, it’s not like you know Kris for that long! So maybe you should not be living with him!” That made me glare at her.

“Don’t say things like that! Kris is a great person!” She laughed at my sudden ‘attack’. “I’m serious! Don’t even bring him into this like that!”

“Geez, maybe you should just stay home with Kris then…” She smirked.

“Yup! You’re totally a female version of Kai!” My comment only made her smile widely. “But then again, as far as I know, Kai can be a girl!” She giggled.

“You so mean! But seriously now, maybe U-kwon isn’t that bad! After all, he already saved you and all! Just go and enjoy yourself! I think it will be awesome!”

“You actually look more excited than I! And, I’m not sure if I want more new experiences… “I sighed. “But you’re right, he’s been nice to me.”

“Oh Come on!! You’ll have a great time!” She smiled kindly, punching my arm in some kind of encouragement.

“I guess I’ll just give him a chance.” We finally changed topics after a while and, when the bell rang, we both went to class. Time went flying as the only thing I could think of was U-kwon and our date.

“You’re smoking!” I heard Charlotte saying at some point.

“I guess it’s now huh…” I said annoyingly while grabbing some books from my locker, and leaving there the ones I didn’t need. After the entire afternoon thinking about this date, I left the classes with even more mixed emotions then before. *Aish* I rubbed the back of my head, exhaling.

“I’m totally going to follow you!” Charlotte reminded me, ignoring my mood.

“Yah, you’re making me even more nervous!!” I pouted. “I might throw up!” I warned but she completely ignored me.

“Aww, remember to pout at him! He’ll totally fall for it!” She pinched my cheeks.

“Aigoo, I’m going to die” I pouted again out of desperation.

“Excuse me! “A stern voice interrupted. “Violet, do you mind?” he continued.

“Mind what?! I’m not leaving without Charlotte!” I knowledge. I still kind of need her support, even if it’s just for a few more seconds.

“Aish!” He rolled his eyes. “Fine then, whatever, Charlotte can you do me a favor?” He said tensely. *Pft! What act are you trying to pull off?!* My mind complained.

“First of all, are you feeling better?” She asked concerned.

“I’m good.” He gave her a smile.

“Good!” She smiled back. “And of course I’ll help you! What do you need?” She kept her soft smile and reached for the strings of hair, brushing it off of his eyes. I rolled my eyes * Even Charlotte falls for it! Aish this guy fools everyone!* I felt even more annoyed.

“I…” He looked at me and then back to Charlotte. “I need you to go to my house! I mean, if you have time…”

“Sure! No problem! Do you want to go now?” She said pitifully, now caressing his cheek. * WHAT?! IS SHE REALLY GOING THERE?!! I-WHAT? CHARLOTTE, HIM?!* My mind suddenly erupted.

“Thank you!” His smile was so cute, it almost made me forgot of how annoyed I previously was. “I really need help with my clothes!” He continued and that good mood went back to its earlier state. My mind was in total shock. *Charlotte just agreed on helping Kai with his clothes?! OMO I never thought she would do that!? What the hell is going on between them?! Wait! They know each other for a long time, so... they wouldn't... would they? No but Charlotte said they’re like brother and sister so I guess its fine. Wait but I should be worrying about Ukwon not about what these two are going to do later! Oh god!* my head kept fighting until I noticed the stares they were giving me.

“What?!” I said lazily.

“He meant help with packing! You know, for the trip…” Charlotte commented, giggling at my face while Kai was rather amused. My ears turn red and I faked a cough.

“I don’t actually care about whatever you’re going to do…” Both of them just chuckled before Charlotte continued, shaking her head in amusement.

“Oppa I’ll go with you but first I’ve to help Violet with something. Just give me 5 minutes and I’ll meet you in your car. “

“Ahm… Actually I can’t go with you, hence to why I need your help, and I don’t have the car, Taemin hyung brought me here!” He rubbed the back of his neck. Charlotte’s eyes gloomed.

“You’re staying with him! Ah~ I wish I was there as well, just the three of us. Like the old times!”

“How do you know I’m-“Kai didn’t had time to finish.

“Taemin does not goes near your house, nor mine!” He looked guilty for a few seconds.

“Hm, you’re right! Anyways…” He glanced at me, as if wondering why I was still there. “That’s why I need you to go to my house and pack for me.” His voice and behavior was rather strange but from Kai you don’t expect normal behaviors.

“I got it! No worries Jongie! We’re going now, I'll bring your stuff to Taemin’s house, just text me the address. See you later babe! Take care till then! “Charlotte gave him a hug while he kissed her forehead. “Love you!” She said before pulling me so that we headed towards the school gate.

“Urhg! U-kwon must be waiting for me for about an hour now!” I grumbled, annoyed. "Thanks a lot!" I said sarcastically.

“Tks, don’t make a drama please! You weren’t even that excited about the date a few minutes ago!” She rolled her eyes.

“Actually, I rather go on a date with U-kwon than being around that jerk or just hear him talking!” I rolled my eyes at the thought. *Geez, Kai actually made me feel good about going on this date!* Charlotte sighed.

“My god, if we keep going like this, you might end up-“

“Hey Violet!” A shout interrupted. Looking behind I saw Kris running towards me.

“Hi Cheekies!” U-kwon suddenly hugged me from behind, making me blush.

“Oh! Hi!” I broke the hug and gave him a shy smile, stepping, slightly, away from him.

“Well, I guess I’m going now! See you guys! Have fun! U-kwon be a good guy okay?! And Vi, just because I’ll be busy, doesn’t mean I won’t keep my word!” By the time I actually understood what she meant, Charlotte was already on her way, winking at me before running out of my sight. * Aish this girl!*

“What was she talking about?” U-kwon laughed at her weirdness.

“Believe me, you don’t want to know!” I chuckled and he nodded.

“So, ready for our date?!” He smiled widely.

“Yeah, let’s-”

“Actually!! I need to tell you something!!” Kris interrupted. “You can’t go on that date! I’m sorry!” He grabbed my wrist and started walking away, taking me with him.

“Wait what?! Why?!” I asked confused, trying to slow him down and trying to get my wrist free from his too tight hold. “What the hell Kris?!”

“What the is going on?!” U-Kwon grabbed my other wrist in order to stop Kris from walking away with me.

“Sehun just called, Chanyeol is in the hospital!” My breath stopped for a second.

“What?!” I couldn’t help but to freeze on the spot.

“Yeah! We need to get there! I’m sorry but you’ve to leave that date for some other day!”

“What?! This is totally unfair! “U-kwon said angry. “It’s not my fault that he went to the hospital! We had this planned!” He frowned.

“Yah Little kid! This is HER FAMILY! Her Korean family! We always come first!” Kris stared coldly at U-kwon. “That’s just a stupid date anyways!” He continued, rather annoyed himself. I gulped nervously.

“Yah U-kwon! I’m sorry! Can we just like, go out another time? Maybe we can go tomorrow!” I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, I’ve never invited a guy to go out, especially after rejecting him.

 “WHAT?! SO YOU’RE REALLY NOT COMING WITH ME TODAY?!” I lowered my head guiltily and rubbed my arm. “REALLY?! Ok! Fine! I'll see you tomorrow at the ice cream shop near the park. Don't be late!” With that he turned around and left, not sparing me a look.

“Wait!! U-Kwon, are you mad at...”

“Let him be! He clearly doesn’t understands! “Kris said rudely. “ We need to hurry up!” He grabbed my hand and we start walking again. “Don’t worry, I’m sure you guys will be alright…” He continued making me look at the ground, feeling bad for U-kwon.