Chapter 5

My Life

 

When we arrived at school, Kris and his friends left to meet with the rest of their group while I went to find Charlotte and her friends.

“Charlotte are you sure? I mean she looks like a good person but she will ruin our reputation. They’re already making fun of her and it’s only her second day here! If we keep her with us, they will make fun of us too! “Naeum complained.

“Yah! Who cares about them?! She’s my friend! She's our friend! Even if we only meet her yesterday, I actually her! A lot! “Charlotte answered back.

“But Charlotte! Listen! Do you want us to get bullied? Do you want me and Naeum to go back to those days?! Just because of that girl? Just because she came from your country?! You think is worth it?! “Yuri spilled.

“Come on girls… You know I can’t leave her! WE can't leave her!! Please… let’s just all be friends and maybe, who knows? Maybe they'll stop making fun of her. “She offered.

“Maybe? MAYBE?!! You know Kai and his friends! It’s for sure they’ll make fun! Not only of her but us too! Just because they don't make fun of you doesn't mean we're safe!! “Yuri raised her voice.

“Girls-“

|Ring……|

“We’ll let you decide what you want to do!” Naeum quickly spoke. “You have until the end of the day! Let’s go Yuri! “They both left for classes, leaving Charlotte behind. I stayed there looking at her crying figure. * Why is she crying?! It’s not like she’s going to be on my side anyways…* I rolled my eyes at her drama.

“Charlotte! “ I shouted walking towards her.

“Oh! Hey Violet… how are y- “

“Why?! Why the hell are you crying for? I’m the one who’s going to suffer!”

“I’m still your friend! And I won’t let anything happen!” She informed.

“Why?! Why don’t you leave me like all of them?! What the hell do you want for me?! “I raised an eyebrow.

“Violet, the thing is-”

“Look! You don’t have to feel sorry or something like that for me! I can defend myself!”

“But Violet….”

“I don’t need people to have pity of me! Okay?! “I turned around and before she could say anything further, I left towards the class. Arriving there, all the eyes were on me. * Oh Great! * But awkwardly no one said a word. They were all talking but not about me… *Well that’s unusual * Not that I want to be the center of attentions, but in my other school, at this hour, they would all be making fun of me. I decided to take a new seat, since I wanted to be as far as possible from Charlotte now, choosing a sit at a back of the class, I sat there and lay my head on the table for a quick nap. When I was almost sleeping someone decided to poke my shoulder * what now?! * I sighed and looked up, only to find a stupid and annoying face with an even more stupid and annoying smirk, I rolled my eyes. *Here we go*

“Yah! Do you want a teddy bear little kid? I could buy you some but I guess you already have too much. “Kai teased, loud enough for the entire class to hear and start to laugh. “You should be in the nursery, not here…” I decided to ignore him and go back to my sleep, there’s nothing better than just ignore people like that jerk. “You know teddy bear… that’s my seat!” He continued.

“Well thanks for the cute nickname. But I’m not leaving “I mumbled, but he heard.

“Get up. “He hissed, annoyed with my previous answer.

“First of all! I don’t see your name here… And second! If you want that bad to be here… you have to ask nicely! You know why?! Because I don’t give a if this is your seat!! “I gave him a devilish smile and he started laughing.

“Wow…Look who is growing some balls all of a sudden! How many courage did it take you to say that to me?” He whispered the last part making me frown. It actually took me a lot to say it because I’m not a person who likes to add fire to the flames, far less confront bullies since it never ends well. But today I just don’t have patience for this kind of people. “Now, get the hell out! And I’m being nice!”

“I don’t think so! Like I said I don’t care if this is ‘your’ seat, just go find another one! “I lay my head back on the table again and heard him growl. I then felt a tight grip on my hair as he decided to pull it, so that I would face him.

“YAH!! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!! LET GOO!!” I yelped in a shaking voice as his grip tightened and started really hurting me. No one dared to help me and just laugh at the situation.

"I think you’re kind of deaf… so I’ll repeat… GET THE OUT OF MY … “

“KAI! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU-“

“What’s going on?! “ The teacher interrupted Charlotte, who just arrived to the class, and he immediately let go of me.

“She’s in my seat! “ Kai complained.

“And?... I don’t see the problem Kai… There are more seats over here, now come to sit here and open your book.”

“There’s no way! This is my seat! This has no right on hearth to take it! “He hissed.

“Excuse me?! YOU SIT HERE RIGHT NOW YOUNG MAN!! “The teacher demanded pointing to the seat in front of her. “ At the end of the day, you’re staying here to clean all of the classrooms of this block! Got that?! “She continued.

“But… “

“You want to clean the whole school then?! “ She hissed and Kai remained silent, giving me thousands of death stares while I just smirked. * Muahahah I won!! You bastard! * "Then... let's all open your books in page 126." She continued. The class was boring like watching flowers growing up *Philosophy, Who cares about it?! * I spend the whole time thinking about how it would be awesome if people treated me nicely for once.

 

| Ring……|

I got up from the seat * Great, lunch time! * I walked towards the food with my tray, picking up my stuff I looked around for a table… None… Charlotte looked at me and noticed that I was looking for a place to sit, but she quickly turned around to her friends, ignoring me… * She left me… Tks, I knew it… * since no one wanted me close to them, I grabbed the food and headed towards the school garden. It stopped raining a few minutes ago… So at least I could eat in peace.

 

Charlotte POV:

 

|Ring…|

 Its lunch time and I’ve been thinking through the whole class. *Aish what am I going to do? * I grabbed my food and went to my table. I then turned around and saw that Violet was looking for a table, she then notice that I was looking towards her, and I quickly turned around unsure of what to do.

“So… Did you choose already? I see that you didn’t talk to her.” Naeum said, a grin forming on her lips.

“You did the best thing! That would only get us in troubles” Yuri added while patting my back.

“That’s it! You know what? I’m done, I already made my choice and it’s not you for sure!! The only things you do is gossip and talk bad about others! I’m so sick and tired of that, I want to live, have adventures and have fun! If I have to get bullied to have it! Then I’ll. “I got up, and left, talking with these girls made me sick so I started looking for Violet. I was walking around when suddenly I hear some familiar voices.

“So… you’re the everyone is making fun of!” I heard an annoying voice shouting from the bathroom.

“We miss classes for one day, and we miss all the fun! “ Another one said.

“Hold on the grip girls!! So you were the one o messed up with Kai huh? MY kai!! Tks… what a huge we’ve here! You’re going to learn not to mess around with us! “*Wait… I know these voices.*I rolled my eyes at my stupidity and run towards the bathroom and tried to open it but when the door knob didn’t even flitch I just took a step back and kicked the door the hardest I could. When the door opened I saw the girl I was looking for.

 

Your POV:

 

I finished my lunch and went to the bathroom. I was washing my face when suddenly 3 girls came in. * Wow… their coming to school or to a party? * I looked at the three, all with High Heels and lots of makeup.

“What are you looking at?! “ One of them said rudely.

“Who are you? Never saw you here before!” Another one said while raising her eyebrow.

“I-I’m Violet… Nice to meet you! Y-You are? “I asked.

“Violet…. Hm... Wait?! Are you that new girl that everyone is talking about?! “She continued, and received a little slap from the third girl. * What the hell? *

“Of course she is! She’s the only new girl at school! “The third said while rolling her eyes.

“Oh… So… you’re the everyone is making fun of! “The first girl started to get close to me.

“We miss classes for one day, and we miss all the fun! “ The second said annoyed and also getting close to me.

“What a-“

“Hold on the grip girls!! “The third said while she locked the door, then the other two girls, grabbed my arms and twisted them.  * AAAAAAAAAAH!! Hang on! You can’t show them your weak side!! * “So you were the one o messed up with Kai huh? MY kai!! Tks… what a huge we’ve here! You’re going to learn not to mess around with us! “She continued, raising her hand, and slapping me multiples times while the other ones pulled my hair. Then she reached for my head and, with the help of the other two girls, she throws me towards the metal sinks. I couldn’t help but to yelp in pain when my face hit the cold metal. Suddenly the door opened. All the three of them threw me onto the ground and left, kicking me in the process. I sighed heavily and closed my eyes. I guess the best thing to do now was just stay there. As I was going to cover my face with my hands, I felt two hands reaching for my arms, helping me getting up.

“Aish those es!” She hissed. “I’ll take you to the nurse! Let’s go” My eyes widened. She slowly picked me up but quickly stopped when I hissed in pain. *What is she doi-* “Stay here!! I’ll be right back!! She interrupted my thoughts and tried to put me back on the ground.

“Let me go! I don’t need your help! I’m fine! “I pushed her, regretting right away as I fell flatly onto the hard ground.

“Yah! Don’t be silly and stubborn, let me help you! “She said.

“Why would I? In the end, you’re probably just like those three girls”

“Really? Did I really left my friends to be friend with you and be treated like this?! “She complained.

“Y-You didn’t have to! I told you I can take care of myself… no need to be pity of me! “I said while slowly standing.

“Shut up! I don’t have time for this! Just stay here!! “She left before I could argue back. A few minutes later she came back and my eyes widened at the person right next to her.

“K-Kris?” He walked towards me, ignoring the fact that he was in a girls bathroom, and held me bridal style.

“Sorry if it hurts” He said when I moaned from the pain in my back. Has he carried me towards the infirmary, with Charlotte trailing behind, I could see the pitiful looks both of them were giving me. I would’ve sighed if it didn’t hurt that much. I hate when people feel pity of me, the only person who was ‘allowed’ to was Brandon.

“Yah!! Teddy bear? What the hell happen to you?!Hahaha you look awful! “Kai started laughing hard, just like the guy next to him.

“I guess everyone hates teddy bears in this school, good luck!” One of Kai’s friends said.

“Are you going to babysit her Kris?” Kai kept laughing until his eyes stopped on Charlotte.

“Yah Kai! Not now! Please! “Charlotte gave him a disappointed look and he only sighed.

“Oppa!!”  Someone shouted, we all looked to the owner of the voice.

“H-Hey Babe, your back! “Kai said with confusion written on his face, while grabbing the girl and then brushing his lips on hers.

“What are you doing here with these girl?! “ She shouted, I noticed that she was one of the girls from the bathroom incident and my body started trembling at the memory. Kris noticed and hold me tighter.  

“Hyuna babe, we were just making fun of her! Look, she looks disgusting! Right?!” He laughed again, once again stopping when Charlotte looked at him deathly.

“Of course she does! She was not even pretty in the begging!! And~~ She should learn not to mess with you! “She said proudly while pinching his cheeks.

“What?!” His eyes slightly widened and he grabbed her wrist. “What did you said?!” He asked her firmly.

“Oppa, what? I said she deserved, I mean teddy bears? Come On!!” She pouted at him cutely. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow and then towards Charlotte. Sighing, he and his friend left with her running after them.

“Ignore them! “ Charlotte said.

Arriving to the infirmary, the nurse took care of my bruises and made me sleep for a while. Charlotte left for classes, leaving me there alone. When I woke the nurse gave me some pain killers and I left. Walking throw the halls of the school I could see another thunderstorm waiting for me outside. * Could this day be more perfect?! * I looked over the clock * WHAT 18:30?! NOOO * Ignoring the pain in my body, I started walking the fastest.  I could lose the bus! Even though I didn’t knew that area that well I decided to take a short cut that Kris and his friends went through this morning, in order to not be late. *Bad Idea* but actually it wasn’t, it was all fine until a left the short cut. I started to hear heavy footsteps behind me. I stopped, the person stopped, I walked, the person Walked * RUN VIOLET RUN!! FORGET THE PAIN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!* I started running like a crazy person, the fastest I could when suddenly I bumped into someone.

 

Kai POV:

 

I was walking through the halls after finishing my punishment *That girl is going to pay for this!!* I silently growled, but felt a slight pain on my chest when I remember what Hyuna did to her. As much as I hate her, making fun is real different from punching…Well… maybe not but still, I don’t want to see her in that state. I sighed and, watching the thunderstorm outside, I grabbed the first umbrella I saw and left. On my way to the bus stop I saw a person walking slowly in the rain. * What the hell? It's raining cats and dogs!! Aish Crazy people!! * Then I realize that it was a girl, an injured girl. I got closer to her feeling sorry * Wait there… do I know her?!... Teddy bear?! What is she doing here at this time?! * She then took a turn on a dark valley * you shouldn't go there alone you idiot! *I mentally face palmed myself and followed her, when all of a sudden I remembered * Why not take my revenge now?! * A smirked grew widely on my lips as we left the valley, I started making really noisy steps. She stopped walking, I stopped, she walked... I walked... She then started running * Oh... now you're scared! * I chuckled. She took a quick turn and when I turned that corner I saw her slipping and fell against a guy. The man then started shouting at her and left her there. I could hold myself from laughing but just when I was about to leave, something stopped me.

“Omg, Are you okay?!” Someone shouted. “Let me help you!” I turned around and saw another guy helping her. “You shouldn’t run in the rain, you'll end up falling or in this case bumping into someone... And you shouldn't be alone at this time, it's too dangerous. “He continued and I frown.  “Anyways…Are you okay? You seem to be in pain” He said lifting her. * Who does he think he is to touch her?! * I growled. I saw her thanking him while he pulled her close to him. “I’ll take you home okay?” He offers.

“You don't need to, don't worry “She gave him a warm smile. * What is she doing?! * I kept frowning.

“But I’ll be worried!!” He insisted, making me pissed * why the is he trying that hard?* “Come on~~ I don't accept a no as an answer so let's go!! “He grabbed her hand and started pulling her towards no specific way. She then reached for her pocked, took some paper and gave to him. He nodded and opened his umbrella, again he pulled her close and both started walking under the umbrella. * His he taking her home?! What the ?! And why does she look so happy? He’s probably going to her! * I clenched my fist into a ball and was about to stop those two from moving when all of a sudden.

|Chogiwa danbeone neukkyeo…| I grabbed my phone and checked the ID * what now?! * I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

“What do you want?!” I hissed.

“Geez... Calm down man, where are you? “Baekhyun asked.

"I'm busy!” I started following the ‘couple’.

"Come on...whatever you're doing, get some beers and come to Chen's house, we're all here waiting for you! “

"Look!! I said I'm busy!! So just -Wait! You said you're all there... Even Kris? "

“Yes he's here! And I don't care! Whatever you’re doing, it must not be that important! Hurry up before the food gets cold!! Give you 15 minutes dude! “He hang up before I could answer and I only sighed frustrated.* There's no way I’m leaving those two alone in Kris's house!!* I pushed my cap down in order to hide my face and got closer to both of them, following the closest possible. A few minutes later and I couldn’t prevent myself from stopping on my tracks. *Wait! Why do I even care? * I rolled my eyes and turned around, started running towards the store not glancing back. After buying the drinks I went straight up towards Chen's house.