Chapter 22

My Life

So... things are still bad but at least my dog was able to recover despite his chances of surviving. He's doing great right now and so i decided to update :D

 

"Wow! That's amazing!" I could heard the excitement in his voice. He then made me a signal to come closer to them. "Soyeon..." She stopped at looked at him, raising an eyebrow when I got closer to them. I stared at her, not knowing what to say or do. "This is Violet..."  

“H-Hey!” I waved at her and smiled slightly. She kept her cold look, not bothering to answer me, and moves between me and Kai.

“Yah! Who is she?!” She said rudely towards him. Looking back at me, she seem disgusted.

“She’s Charlotte’s cousin! And she’s new around here” He blurted and I looked at him confused. *What the hell* Even though he lied, I could tell right away the reason why he did it. Soyeon’s eyes soften.

“Really?! Wow!! I’m so sorry I didn’t know!” She sounded excited. “I’m Soyeon! JongIn’s sister! It’s so nice to meet you!” I laughed at her reaction and decided to play along, at least she wouldn’t be glaring at me right?

“Nice to meet you too!” I smiled. “You’ve got some great dancing skills!” I mentioned, referring to her previous little dance moves.

“You think so? Wow thank you so much!!” She jumped around giggling. “I want to be as good as JongIn but-“

“Yah! We need to get home Kim Soyeon!” Kai cut her words as he reached for her hand and started moving.

“Ah~ I see… So JongIn dances ballet?” I asked curious, following right behind.

“Really?! He didn’t show you yet?! Yah Oppa-“

“I SAID, WE NEED TO GET HOME!” I couldn’t help to just giggle. Never did I saw him that embarrassed, his cheeks were already tinted.

“But what’s the problem? She’s Charlotte’s cousin after all…” She said innocently, a pout resting on her lips.

“Let’s just go before they get home!” I was able to catch the worriedness in his voice but decided not to question.

“Unnie, if you’re with Charlotte right now, why where you with Oppa here?” She raised her eyebrow at me. “Shouldn’t you be with Char?” She gave me a big smile and I diverted my gaze from her, trying to ignore that smirk. *Geez, they’re really siblings* JongIn, on the other hand, sighed in relieve since she was not talking about him dancing ballet anymore.

“I was having this kind of job interview and on my way home I got in some trouble and JongIn helped me” I explained with a small smiled. She kept her smile.

 “Ah~ my brother is like a superhero! He’s always helping everyone! My Oppa is the best!” She suddenly hugged him and kept walking with her arms around his waist.

“What do you want So?” Even though he chuckled, I could see his expression, pain. *What’s wrong with him…Oh! Of course, she’s pressing his wound!*

“Just one ice cream please!! Just one!!”He sighed, a small smile on his lips.

“Fine”

“See!! He really is the best!” She smiled widely. “Thank you Jonginnie!” She kept her arms around him and he rested his arm around her. *How adorable…* “Anyways… what did he do?” She rewinds our talk.

“Oh! I was… ahm… being robed! And thank god your brother was there to scare the man away!”  She gasped surprised.

“Oh! Weren’t you scared?” She asked him.

“Tks… Who do you think I am?” He said cockily.

“You’re my brother… That’s why I’m asking!! You can’t even defend yourself from dad! How could you scare them away?!” *Okay….* her innocent face changed into a mixture of worry and awe. However I couldn’t properly read Kai’s face as he seems to be lost in his own world. *Okay, what’s going on?*

“Wait… I thought you said your brother was the best…” I decided to defend him, somehow.

“Hm, I said he was the best… not the bravest!” Now I was speechless. “Anyways… That’s impressive Oppa! Good job!” She patted his back. He didn’t said a thing and just reached for his pocket. After taking some coins, he handed it to his sister.

“We’ll wait here, hurry up!” He said rather coldly, taking a seat on a nearby bench while she walked towards the store. I sat next to him.

“Just to let you know, I think you’re pretty brave…” I don’t even know why I said it but he gave me no reaction. “So, JongIn… What did she mean about-“

“Kai!” He corrected, continuing right after. “Has nothing to do with you! Don’t even know why you’re asking about it! Just ignore whatever she says!” My mouth was left open and we both stayed in this awkward silence until she came back. Kai started walking with his sister while I sat still on the bench. *I should really go home* I was feeling pretty uncomfortable now, nevertheless I took a deep sigh and started following them.

“Unnie, you come from London as well, right?” I could barely understand as was practically glued to the ice cream. I nodded my head and hummed. “Can you take me there someday?!” She pleaded. It made me chuckle.

“Sure, but didn’t you went there recently?”  I asked, suddenly remembering my encountering with Kai. This one, I noticed, got nervous.

“Why would she go there?” He quickly said. “You’re making no sense Violet” He scoffed.

“Well if you we-“

“Oh look!! It’s Kris!” He shouted making me startled.

“Yìfán!!” His sister yelled and run towards the man.

“What the hell Kai?” I blurted and he just gave me a cold look.

“Hey So!! How’s this little princess?” He ruffled her hair after hugging.

“I’m good! Still adorable” She said cutely. “Have you meet Charlotte’s cousin?” She reached for his hand and rushed him near me and Kai. “This is Violet! Violet, this is Kris!” she smiled widely. Both me and Kris chuckled.

“Hey” He started. “It’s nice to meet you!” He bowed and I laughed.

“Yah! Stop that!” I hit his arm. “Soyeon, we already know each other!”

“Well, I didn’t know you were Charlotte’s cousin!” He joked but Soyeon didn’t get it.

“What are you doing here anyways?” Kris said, looking over at Kai. *Damn* everyone knew that me and him didn’t get along, but what they didn’t know is that we both talked through messages.

“Unnie and Oppa came to pick me up and now we’re heading home!” Soyeon ended up answering for us. Amazing how JongIn hasn’t spoken a word yet.

“Actually I just remembered me and Kris have some things to do…” I started

“At this time?” Soyeon raised an eyebrow. *Aish what the hell*

“Yes, it’s for school! I guess I’ll go with you another time…”

“Oh but-“

“Let’s go So!” Kai finally spoke, his voice sharp and not amused, while walking away. His sister bid us goodbye and left following him.

“You guys really get along…” Kris commented as we started walking home.

“Pft… look who’s talking!” I chuckled.

“Why were you two hanging out together?” He sounded a little jealous, or maybe that was just me.

“We just bumped into each other, kind of…” I didn’t wanted to worry him about what happened a few moments ago.

“And by that you decide to go to his house?” He raised his brow.

“I was not going to his house. Anyways, how was your day? Practice a lot?” I decided to end that topic, not liking were it was going. He, however, decided to ignore my question.

“So you were just going to stay by the doorway?” He said rather rudely. I looked at him surprised.

“Kris, is something wrong?”

“Nothing! I just find it odd for you to bump into him and then stay with him and following him home… I mean, it’s not like he didn’t insult you plenty of times…” I really didn’t want to say he was jealous so I tried to focus on the fact that, once again, people don’t know Kai and I actually talk to each other. *Of course it’s odd*

“The truth is… I got lost and follow him to his sister’s ballet school. From there I asked his help and his sister insisted on helping. Unfortunately she needed to be at home so we were going to let her there first.” I lied, not entirely. I could tell that he bought it thought, at least for now.

“How come you end up being Charlotte’s cousin?” He suddenly said.

“Oh! That’s just a joke… Soyeon found out I was from London too and was joking around saying that me and Charlotte must be cousins.” Glancing over towards him, I finally saw that he was no longer “jealous”.

“It was good. Practice was a little tough but after all, competition is almost here.”  I sighed. * No more questions* I decided to ignore his sudden change of mood and kept talking.

“Ah~ I bet you’re tired! Do you want a massage? It will make you feel better!” I regretted what I said as soon as it left my mouth. *What the hell Violet?! Why would you say such thing!* He looked awkwardly at me but chuckle when he saw me blushing.

“Don’t worry, I’ll just take a hot shower and I’ll be ready for another round.” He laughed when I lowered my head, now even more embarrassed. “I hope the offer’s still up… I might need it anytime.” He continued and I sighed. *Way to go Violet* “So, I heard you’re going on a trip?”

“Oh! Yeah! I’m kind of excited! Another place to visit! And I’ll have Charlotte with me! We’ll stay in the same house! Going to be awesome!”

“I think you’ll love it, Jeju is pretty beautiful!” He commented. We kept talking about the trip and how he’s been there before, until we reached home. While he went to take a shower, I made us something to eat. After the dinner we both went to sleep but not before I texted someone.

[Violet]: Hey… Sorry for leaving but, since we saw Kris, I just took the chance to go with him. That way you didn’t need take me home and then get back to your house. Oh! And by the way… Thank you JongIn! Really…